• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Kels88

Smash Lord
yeah ****ing right
kelly is a menace. he is a villian. he's a no good two-bit spoiled rotten thief.
it would take some sort of super hero to stop him...or at least some kind of race car driver
LMAO

I don't mind playing the villain. lol it's pretty fun being the villain when there are no heroes that can stand to match your incredible power.

Get at me MW!!!!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
wow i thought i posted this like 6 hours ago but i guess i never hit post

tink yeah i didnt see the post til like 4 am, i was pretty busy anyway

rat, by all means team with duck cause you guys are a sweet team to watch/root for

LE, im down if you guys make it

Kels88

Smash Lord
oh I have a secret character that i will be revealing this tournament. I might use this character throughout the entire thing. Seriously this time. No Fox or Falco.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Barns do you want to team for this?

I'm practicing my tech skill, there shall be no tech chokes to cost me sets this month.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
We are playing spacies.
legit.

Everyone make sure to read the rules for this tournament. We will be running 2 rounds of pools for both singles and doubles, into a bracket (size depending on entrants)

first post said:

Singles: $10 per person
Doubles: $20 per team
Venue Fee: None for this tournament²

Rules
This will be a double elimination tournament.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* Each player/team takes turns striking a stage from the Neutral stages listed below until there is only 1 left. The first game will be played on the remaining stage.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* A player may not counterpick to the last stage they have won on. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* FF will be on in teams
* Wobbling is NOT banned

4 Stock 8 Mins best 2/3, finals 3/5 (including semi's)

SINGLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Pokémon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64

DOUBLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

² - There will be no venue fee as long as there is enough setups for tournament use. If this becomes a problem, a $3 venue fee will be charged to players who did not bring a setup.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
I need to get in as much practice before this as possible. I haven't played in 2 years, I have no TV, I am really rusty. Does anybody live near Schaumburg willing to play? Let me know.

Yazz

Smash Apprentice
I live in BG, I need someone to practice with. Do you have facebook? Possibly even a partner for teams? Send me a message or just reply here. I have a friend who I'd like to team with, but he's not as good as I am. So yeah. Reply plz.

Yazz

Smash Apprentice
But ughh yeah, I'm new to the community, and I'm new to tourneys, if I go this will be my first. But I'm a great player, anybody that can help me it would be apreciated.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
come to my house right now yazz, i'm bored, i'm in prospect heights

847-331-3315

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna be going for singles, I'm not a fan of teams, and where is BG? I'm new to the area, I just moved here from Cali

ORLY

Smash Master
Have we played since our GFs set, LE? It feels like it's been forever.

$2 Falcon v Falco! Break the circle!

Also if any of you new guys wanna throw down, name your price.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Yeahh, sounds about right. I used to be socal's most technical fox back then lol I'm probably nothing compared to the community now. I need to get rid of my rust D:
Looking forward to playing you again

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Yeahh, sounds about right. I used to be socal's most technical fox back then lol I'm probably nothing compared to the community now. I need to get rid of my rust D:
Looking forward to playing you again

LSDX

Wah!
I wish I had some sort of "Most etc [character]" name. Let's try this:

The Only Serious Roy Player in IL Covered With Rust

Rat

Smash Lord
i heard sri lanka has some amazing roy player. You better step it up Mcsnapple.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Bad news... Moose can't make this and now Kail and Velynn dropped out today. Duck and I still want to come, but gas costs would be ridiculous. Sorry Sveet and others, I know how hypocritical it is of us to request a weekend then not attend, but this one isn't looking good. =(

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
:(

Hopefully something good comes up like 2 more people from MI suddenly want to go or everyone un-backs out. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Tink

Smash Hero
theres gottttta be ppl u can get on the way that would wanna go....there was somee MI players passionate enough it seemed :/.

Rat

Smash Lord
can we charge a small entry fee, to help pay for MI gas?

(so it's gonna be somewhere between 60-100$ (depending on price of gas and the fuel efficiency of snuggleguy's car). we could easily raise half that with a $2 entry fee.)

Top Bottom