• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds: The Final Frontier 1

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Singles
1. Kels :sheikmelee::falcomelee::foxmelee:
2. Matt R :foxmelee::falcomelee::falconmelee:
3. Tom R :falconmelee::mariomelee:
4. ORLY :falconmelee:
5. Trail :icsmelee::ganonmelee:
5. Viperboy :falcomelee:
7. AnDaLe :marthmelee::jigglypuffmelee::falconmelee:
7. Rat :samusmelee:
9. Sveet :foxmelee:
9. The Good Doctor :sheikmelee:
9. Captain Pr0n :falconmelee:
9. Ripple :marthmelee::jigglypuffmelee:
13. Scythe :falcomelee:
13. Metroid :marthmelee:
13. Bieber :jigglypuffmelee:
13. Oro?! :falconmelee::falcomelee:
17. Afrobandit :falconmelee:
17. PPV :falconmelee:
17. Hindawg :falcomelee:
17. Black Panther :foxmelee:
21. K Kid :falcomelee:
21. Modern :ganonmelee:
21. Oranos :icsmelee:
21. PseudoTurtle :ganonmelee:

Doubles (Round Robin)
1. Viperboy & The Good Doctor
2. Sveet & Rat
3. Tom & Ripple
4. Orly & Pseudo Turtle
5. Scythe & Black Panther
6. Matt R & PPV

Project: M
1: Kels* :foxbrawl:/:sheikbrawl:
1: metroid* :ikebrawl:
3: ORLY* :bowserbrawl:
4: Viperboy :falcobrawl:
5: Raid :lucariobrawl:/:ganonbrawl:
5: Sveet :foxbrawl:
7: Scythe :lucariobrawl:/:falcobrawl:
7: Rat :robbrawl:/ :sonicbrawl:

*I had to catch a train, so Loser's Finals and Grand Finals were Bo3 instead of Bo5. Kels won GF1 but I had to leave, so we split. I listed Kels first because at the rate he was adapting, he most likely would've won GF2. -Metroid

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
just got home. ggs everyone, expect more from me next time.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wow Sveet, you are fast. The following are the PM results and bracket.

1: Kels* :foxbrawl:
1: metroid* :ikebrawl:
3: ORLY* :bowserbrawl:
4: Viperboy :falcobrawl:
5: Raid :lucariobrawl:/:ganonbrawl:
5: Sveet :foxbrawl:
7: Scythe :lucariobrawl:/:falcobrawl:
7: Rat :robbrawl:/ :sonicbrawl:

*I had to catch a train, so Loser's Finals and Grand Finals were Bo3 instead of Bo5. Kels won GF1 but I had to leave, so we split. I listed Kels first because at the rate he was adapting, he most likely would've won GF2.

Full shout-outs (and videos) will come later.

Sveet and anyone else who stayed after: did you guys find a laptop charger by the PM setup? I can't find mine...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I wasn't the last one there, i'm not sure. I was mostly looking for trash so I don't recall whether or not there was a charger there or not.

Thanks for uploading the results quickly as well! ^^

metroid1117

Smash Master
Thanks for the reply, guys. I guess I'll call the Metra tomorrow, I took some stuff out of my backpack to properly pack things and may have forgotten to put the battery back in.

ORLY

Smash Master
I definitely remember a charger there but it looked more like a cell phone charger than a laptop. I don't know if Rat or Kelly grabbed it; I hope they did!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey Sveet, I updated the results with the heads of each character; can you add that into the OP?

Also, my old laptop charger fortunately has the same input and output voltage of my current one. Crisis averted! ( For now...)

Kels88

Smash Lord
I don't remember seeing anything left there.

Matt- I'm not sure if it's just because I haven't played fox dittos against another good fox in a long time but I kinda felt helpless that first set. watching other foxes makes me realize just how good he might be. But yeah thanks for the dittos. I really needed that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
bad news bears guys. ALL videos are corrupted.

they skip about 3 seconds of gameplay every like 30 seconds which means the audio is effed up like no other. so I could upload these vids but I'd need to find a song for every set

metroid1117

Smash Master
To be honest, I would be fine with no audio. It would be a little weird, but it would let people listen to their own things and it would be a lot easier for you.

On the flip side, I'm splitting the PM videos right now. They converted properly this time, so I should have the ENTIRE bracket plus the occasional friendlies. I'll work on Melee Pool 2 after PM.

On the note of Melee Pool 2 - does anyone know who was in it and what characters were used? I know Kels was in it, but I forgot who else.

EDIT: F************************, I had a really extensive list of shout-outs, but my connection timed out and I lost them. I really need to get used to typing posts in Word and pasting them here...

Instead, I'll be lazy - shoutouts to everyone and anyone I played, I had a great time playing and meeting you all!

Shoutouts to Andale and Modern for getting me to the venue, thanks a lot guys :).

Shoutouts to TheGoodDoctor for taking me back to the station, it was a huge favor and I really appreciate it! I can't pay you back enough, I would've missed my train if it weren't for you!

Shotouts to Rat for bringing PM and organizing the tournament! I had a lot of fun, thank you so much for bringing it!

Lastly, shoutouts to Sveet for organizing the event - I had a great time and it was made possible by your efforts! Thanks a lot!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
dat armor is getting closer to being fc ready, soon i will possess two tourney worthy mains. good experience today, good games to all :)

if ur not a peach main, don't try to use that garbage on me, i'll just rock ur **** :p

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
kels you need to use fox more, your sheik will stay in shape without regular practice but your fox will not

ripple i want to see a lot of matches i played i dont care about the sound at all

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Shoutouts to Viperboy for being ultra modest and then showing what the old school is all about

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
My pool had 3rd, 4th, 9th and 9th.

Another pool had 7th, 5th, 13th, 13th.

and the last one was 2nd, 7th, 9th, 13th.

Objectively speaking, my pool was the hardest.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Metroid, i thought kels played all sheik in P:M
He switched to Fox against ORLY in LF and me in GF1, so I included Fox in the list of characters.

Also, videos are taking longer than expected to get uploaded; I'm still at the splitting and compressing stage because the audio got desynched in the middle of matches. They will be done in the next few days though.

Can anyone get in touch with Rat for me and check if he has my charger? At this point I'm fairly sure I left it on the Metra, but the service desk is closed for the weekend and I want to confirm with Rat.

modern

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to Viperboy for being ultra modest and then showing what the old school is all about
awh u took 1 of mine.

shout outs to kels for taking my ganon seriously

to Orly! for being hilarious and bumming me cigs. sorry I didnt get to see that Yahtzee

to turtle and trail for helping me rep ganon

to metroid for showing me the ropes in project m... i got it already. we need to play! :)

and to andale for all that driving. i hope u start enjoying tournaments again

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion

1. Kels-Good **** as always, I feel I learned a lot.
2. Matt R- Why do we never play?
3. Tom R- Same question
4. ORLY- Good ****, I'll get you again soon though.
5. Trail- **** Peach
5. Viperboy- Most intense set of the day for me, and it was pools...lol
7. AnDaLe- We didn't play, but you're legit
7. Rat- Didn't play, good macthes in P:M, don't be hatin' on the Wario main.
9. Sveet- Awesome job!
9. The Good Doctor- I suck
9. Captain Pr0n- Didn't play
9. Ripple- You've gotten much better.
13. Scythe- Some day Diego....
13. Metroid- 10-0 huh? Make it 11-2 next time!
13. Bieber- Why did you leave!
13. Oro?!- What happen bro?
17. Afrobandit- You have gotten better, good ****!
17. PPV- Good games in pools, dont take the auto pilot comment as an insult.
17. Hindawg- What happened?
17. Black Panther- It was nice seeing you again! That Fox is scary
21. K Kid- Didn't really play, unless I just dont know who you are
21. Modern- Ganon is scary, idk why I went Marth again game 2. GGs
21. Oranos- Didn't play
21. PseudoTurtle- come out for, we need more :ganondof:

Dart!

Smash Master
Make kels go fox. Prove to him that he can't beat you guys with sheik and maybe he will.
Also Iori's sheik is leagues better than kels's or tink's

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Make kels go fox. Prove to him that he can't beat you guys with sheik and maybe he will.
Also Iori's sheik is leagues better than kels's or tink's
The point I was making, is that I have been beating Kels' Fox. Then he kinda beats me with Falco.
Also, your opinion is subjective because you only play one character, just because Iori beat you and Kels didn't doesn't make Kels a worse player as a whole. I think Kels is a lot better than most people around here give him credit due to the fact he hasn't really gotten out of the MW much.

ORLY

Smash Master
yo kels camped me out in p:m with fox

but it's that kind of challenge that makes you analyze your playstyle and think "what can i be doing better?"

i at least thank kels for that much

even if he is a lil' melon head ;D

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I went through the singles results and put in characters. Everyone please take a look over it and let me know about any mistakes or characters i missed

ORLY

Smash Master
Afro and PPV are Falcons AFAIK and modern is a Ganon player

I have no idea about K Kid though

Top Bottom