• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds: The Final Frontier 1

Kels88

Smash Lord
Make kels go fox. Prove to him that he can't beat you guys with sheik and maybe he will.
Also Iori's sheik is leagues better than kels's or tink's
lol damn. Leagues better than my Sheik? Give me some credit Dart. You missed quite a few tippers that you never miss against me. Not saying Iori's Sheik isn't better than mine. But damn. Saying leagues makes me feel like my Sheik is just bad. Even tho you've only beat it twice in tournament out of how many? But it's cool. I've got an arsenal of characters and i like it that way. Playing fox only got boring and kills my hands.

Kels88

Smash Lord
The point I was making, is that I have been beating Kels' Fox. Then he ***** me with Falco.
Also, your opinion is subjective because you only play one character, just because Iori beat you and Kels didn't doesn't make Kels a worse player as a whole. I think Kels is a lot better than most people around here give him credit due to the fact he hasn't really gotten out of the MW much.
Corrected... Think i'm playing? watch the vids. lmao

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
My tone didn't translate well, Im not upset. I'll **** up your Fox anytime though. Next time we play in bracket, go all Fox so I can show you how free you are without Falco.

Kels88

Smash Lord
My tone didn't translate well, Im not upset. I'll **** up your Fox anytime though. Next time we play in bracket, go all Fox so I can show you how free you are without Falco.
I'll think about it. It's just so much easier with Falco. Did you see what pp did to m2k? Falco is virtually unstoppable when being played at that level. I seriously want to drop fox for falco.

metroid1117

Smash Master
@Sveet: K Kid is a Falco player.

Also, I've finished uploading the Project M Singles videos; the link to the playlist is here. I'm going to work on Melee pools and then the P:M friendlies before the tournament.

Dart!

Smash Master
lol damn. Leagues better than my Sheik? Give me some credit Dart. You missed quite a few tippers that you never miss against me. Not saying Iori's Sheik isn't better than mine. But damn. Saying leagues makes me feel like my Sheik is just bad. Even tho you've only beat it twice in tournament out of how many? But it's cool. I've got an arsenal of characters and i like it that way. Playing fox only got boring and kills my hands.
You're gonna play who you think you've got the best chance of winning with. If it's sheik that's fine but the last time we played the only game you won with was fox. Just saying.

Also i think you and others have missed my point quite a bit. I said your sheik wasn't as good. Clearly, i was playing a lot better than i was at SMYM and i still barely lost. Iori clearly has a better understanding of the matchup with sheik than you did at SMYM. If you've leveled up again then i obviously wouldn't have known.
This wasn't a bash it was just a blunt observation.

Kels88

Smash Lord
You're gonna play who you think you've got the best chance of winning with. If it's sheik that's fine but the last time we played the only game you won with was fox. Just saying.

Also i think you and others have missed my point quite a bit. I said your sheik wasn't as good. Clearly, i was playing a lot better than i was at SMYM and i still barely lost. Iori clearly has a better understanding of the matchup with sheik than you did at SMYM. If you've leveled up again then i obviously wouldn't have known.
This wasn't a bash it was just a blunt observation.
I clearly had a better chance of beating you with fox than with Sheik at Smym. I stuck with Sheik because i just didn't feel like playing fox.

Wake

Smash Master
Kels will make it easier on us Peach mains if he switches to Falco though. Fox and Sheik are so much harder for her.

ANYWAYS, nice job Metroid. I hope we can play sometime in the future. :)
Stop winning so much Kels

Kels88

Smash Lord
Kels will make it easier on us Peach mains if he switches to Falco though. Fox and Sheik are so much harder for her.

ANYWAYS, nice job Metroid. I hope we can play sometime in the future. :)
Stop winning so much Kels
I don't plan on dropping any of my characters. i find them all fun to play with.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Thanks, Wake :). I hope to play you again too!

By the way, the playlist of the matches from Pool 2 (Kels, Viperboy, TGD, Oro, PPV, and Modern) can be here. I'm working on uploading the friendlies for both Melee and PM, but I won't post a playlist like I have done for the tournament matches.

Tink

Smash Hero
LOLLL..."leagues better".....your one funny ******* dart....the vids speak for themselves.

metroid1117

Smash Master
My matches seem to be desynced
To be honest, it's because my capture card drops frames and the audio becomes desynched after about one match. I was slower with the PM videos because I would use VirtualDub to split each set into individual games whenever the audio desynched and then use Windows Movie Maker to put the games together into one synched video. I valued upload speed over audio quality with the Melee Pools and friendlies. If you want, I can try to edit and re-upload your matches so that the audio is in synch.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Ask him why...

Hmm let's think. Kels beats Vanz, Tope, Teczero's Sheiks but loses to TGD. :glare: I'll chop it up to someone not giving a ****. lolol
Yeah, he cares so little that he keeps picking Fox. Then when he loses, he picks a character I have yet to beat in tournament instead of "starting to care".

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Fun tourney all
Ggs to everyone I played

Good doctor - closet set all tourney, fun stuff.

Rad brothers - you guys live up to the abbreviation of your name. You both put a hurting on me. Nice seeing you both, looking forward to our next meet.

Sveet - you're a good guy, nice meeting you and great job hosting.

Kels - next time when I throw you free money let's hope its at least closer haha. Too good, sir.

Rat - always a pleasure, thanks for hosting project m, it was awesome. Good set, too.

Tink - johns

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll be uploading videos later today/tonight or tomorrow, but you guys are going to have to help me name some players because I didn't bother splitting new files so I don't know names

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I mean if that's what you think oh wells. I personally think I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuper nice. lolol

In the case of The Good Doctor, one skilled enough to legitimately beat Kels' Fox over a period of time (as implied) should also be placing top 2 or something at these locals. However, that is just not the case.

I don't want people thinking I'm "attacking" them or anything. Believe it or not I'm trying to look out for people the MW community. The worst thing someone can do in melee (or anything competitive for that matter) is credit themselves where it is not deserved.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I mean if that's what you think oh wells. I personally think I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuper nice. lolol

In the case of The Good Doctor, one skilled enough to legitimately beat Kels' Fox over a period of time (as implied) should also be placing top 2 or something at these locals. However, that is just not the case.

I don't want people thinking I'm "attacking" them or anything. Believe it or not I'm trying to look out for people the MW community. The worst thing someone can do in melee (or anything competitive for that matter) is credit themselves where it is not deserved.
That's just it though, I have been beating his Fox. He has openly talked to me about it, and he openly picks Falco because it's "easier". He is doing it because I have difficulties in the match-up that I don't in the Fox match-up. Him going Falco out of laziness is just lol, since he would have not gone Fox in the first place.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Its just that you keep telling us what we already know, its not serving any purpose... We all know MW is a joke region in comparison to the top regions. Kels is 100% the best and anyone who plays him can easily tell he is the best around. TGD in my opinion is like a good indication of the MW skill. If you are losing to jeff in tourny, you need to step your game up hard if you ever want a shot at the big leagues

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Its just that you keep telling us what we already know, its not serving any purpose... We all know MW is a joke region in comparison to the top regions. Kels is 100% the best and anyone who plays him can easily tell he is the best around. TGD in my opinion is like a good indication of the MW skill. If you are losing to jeff in tourny, you need to step your game up hard if you ever want a shot at the big leagues
Haha see, I'm not entirely convinced that everyone knows this. Maybe that's why I keep saying it. It's healthy to say it though. It's like when that bully at school routinely pushes you into your locker. Eventually you'll knock him the **** out. :cool:

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
The funny thing about this is that I never once said anything about being "better than kels", I was simply trash talking him. Maybe if I used both hands when I played I would get that top 2.

Also, I'm not too butt hurt losing to ORLY, since we play very often, and he kinda beat DarkAtma's Sheik. Yeah, come to the next one if you really want to lose money LE, I'm done flirting with you over the boards. When I'm "on" I've only been losing to ORLY and Kels.

Top Bottom