• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Smashing for CHARITY (w/ cash prizes)! April 14th, 2007, CONNECTICUT! <3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Smashing for Charity :)!
Saturday, April 14th, 2007

ABOUT

What's up Smash community? Sorry about the late notice :p. This tournament is a part of my school's senior project (no, there won't be teachers there), my partner being a Halo player. This tournament consists of two things, SMASH SINGLES and HALO DOUBLES. What I'm going to post about is solely about my half of the tournament.

FOR INFORMATION ON THE HALO 1 TOURNAMENT, PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
http://visualstasis.net/halo.html

ENTRANCE FEE
5 dollars AND at least 2 cans of food (you know, the kind you find at the supermarket). They have to be new, obviously, and not expired already. To clarify, ALL OF THE CASH/MONEY is returned in the prizes. We are keeping the cans of food and intend on donating them to charity. We are not making any profit from this tournament.

Here's how the prizes are going to be split:
First- 70%
Second- 20%
Third- 10%
Fourth- 0% :).

WHERE
It's a church so keep all your dirty things at home. Please try not to make a mess either, have some respect.

29 Puddin Lane
Mansfield Center, CT 06250

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=29%20Puddin%20Ln&city=Mansfield%20Center&state=CT&zipcode=06250%2d1627&country=US&geodiff=1

TIME
I *believe* the tournament will be running from around 12 PM-6 PM.
I'm not sure YET of whether or not we're letting people show up earlier or not, or when registration times end and begin. This section will be updated later to include the missing information.

Keep in mind, there is also a Halo tournament as well as Smash. According to my partner, Halo Doubles doesn't take that long, meaning that they might go first, so Smashers don't have to show up so frickin' early. I'll update this post with more details soon.

Our project needs to be at least 6 hours long, if there is time after both tournaments, you can stay and friendly :).

HELP!
WE NEED SET-UPS! We need as many TVs, Cubes, wires, and copies of Smash Melee as possible! Please help, this will help the tournament run faster! Can you please post on the thread if you're going to be bringing anything, and what you're bringing. Thank youuuuu!

Also, if ANYONE would like to help me run this tournament, please PM me! I would really appreciate it, you guys all know I've never run a tournament before. Pleaseee :(.

RULES
These are the SAME RULES as Vesticle's. I'll paste them here again. I suck with rules so I'll have a few copies of these at the tournament. Ignore the rules that apply to doubles/teams.

-> General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners'/losers' finals best of 5, finals best out of 7
4 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

-> Stages

Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple,
Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom,
Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Onett.

-> Other

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters

Double blind pick may be called at any time (obviously, before players choose
their first initial character, before the first game starts.)

-> Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber
freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes
it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are
allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using
them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as
droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Post if you're coming :).

_milktea~

Cort

Apple Head
I'll definitely try and come to support the tournament. I expect the rest of CT to help too so Lil can get a good grade :O

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
*considers coming to this*

where ever milktea is, PC is gonna be lol. but hey, milktea, as u already know, KF does tourneys, we could help you if we come. we'll see about the ride or prices for tickets to this and update u on if we're coming. good **** on runnin ur first tourney though.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
look's like milktea has researched the ABC's of tournament hosting by Nealdt.

;)

Hope that your tournament is successful, and anything with Charity is just too good :D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Good luck with this milktea :D I wish I could come, travelling right now doesn't seem to be in my scheduled line up though.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Not enough people are bringing setups (based on posts). I hope there is enough... I'll bring a cube/smash/plugs if absolutely necessary but it's like buried slightly and meh. I'll help people start their matches/report them/etc. Hopefully it'll end fast so we can do other things like if Uconn goes, CCSU vs UCONN.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Yes, Nus makes a point. PLEASE, I strongly urge you to bring set-ups if possible. Pleaseee. The more we have, the faster we have this tournament done.

We can get the **** Halo kids outta there and then proceed to take over for the rest of the day. It's being held in a church, I'm not sure how many TVs they'll have...IF they even have any.

ALSO. If you bring set-ups, make sure you label them or do something to recognize that it belongs to you.

Please! Help me >_<.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Thank you everyone for your support!

I'll edit the first post soon about the times. I'm assuming there won't be too many Halo players, even so, they're doing doubles so their tournament won't last too long.

My estimate is, Smashers can show up at around 2PM and registration will end at 3PM.

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
I'll try to make it but we'll see what happens huh? I got work like the rest of the saturdays for April.

Philzard

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrapplingOrc
I'll be there. Sounds like fun. I'll try to bring a gamecube, not sure about a TV though.

Addled_Leper

Smash Rookie
Hmmm... Smash brothers.... only 5$?? And for charity! Good deal. Every tourney should be like this. At least until Im good enough to win consistently, then up the fee to 50$. I'll be coming with a good amount of "fresh meat" (me and my friends).

_milktea

Smash Lord
Thank you guys soooo much :). Hope to see the kids from Manchester here (minus the Yoshi ;)), jk.

Thanks all who are bringing cubes, all my TVs are like...500 pounds, they won't budge, so if anyone has tiny weeny TVs, please bring them :)!

Philzard

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrapplingOrc
Maybe I can bring my roommate's TV. Even though it's like a 13 inch TV. Is that even worth playing on? haha

Samusexplorer

Smash Apprentice
I'm not some lame kid who posts ******** ****......but I guess possibly maybe....I will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom