• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Composers FINAL: Music to Brawl By! (BETA)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
X for GB is one of the songs Kazumi tokata put his song in it,could Totaka's song be in brawl?

plus how are songs like DS navi cooking or DKC Stickerbush symphony in it?
DS Cooking Navi was a special track on the Japanese site. Check Kirby's Final Smash.

Stickerbrush Symphony I believe has been heard in gameplay videos, not quite sure about that one however.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now I've apparently found the original. And this one actually sounds like the Dojo one, too.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vi...gsToPDskK1u2soCMmO6wSJW1DbypjW&rel=1&border=0
ack.

it says:

"video no longer available"

:ohwell:

and heck yes,
this is great.(especially the ending)

heres a few speculations on how X tunnel theme MAY be used.

*YOU HAVE LEVELED UP!
*LEVEL COMPLETE!(stats screen,overral performance)
*alternate for a space like level
*Metaknight's final smash..(then again, the sample is about a minute..)
or possibly osmone elses..
*sub space emmisary,,ts bound to be used.

im done speculating.

keep up-eth the good work Gasca!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I actually really like this update. Very nice music, to me it seems like the kind of thing that they'd put on a Star Fox stage. Just my opinion, though.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Due to some complains, the main page has been updated. You can now download the original versions of the songs. Of course, you can always give the remixed version as well.

Happy listening!

On todays update, hmm... That X songs really sounds like something out of Megaman, doesn't it?

PJGasca

Smash Cadet
Due to some complains, the main page has been updated. You can now download the original versions of the songs. Of course, you can always give the remixed version as well.
It's great to give everybody both! I have a request though. Could you label the songs I've contributed as "Extended" rather than "remixed"? Remixed makes me think of a songs that are more about the artist's reinterpretation than staying true to the original composition. My goal was to avoid taking artistic liberty unless it was really needed, such as in order to create loop points that are as seamless as possible. Of course they won't match the versions in game, but the website samples will also become obsolete when the game comes out.

It's also difficult to click on the O and the E or realize they are separate links. How about this:

[Song Title] (links to Dojo Sample)
Extended Sample
Original Composition

Or you could have Dojo Sample under [Song Title], but this wouldn't match style of your other entries.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
It's great to give everybody both! I have a request though. Could you label the songs I've contributed as "Extended" rather than "remixed"? Remixed makes me think of a songs that are more about the artist's reinterpretation than staying true to the original composition. My goal was to avoid taking artistic liberty unless it was really needed, such as in order to create loop points that are as seamless as possible. Of course they won't match the versions in game, but the website samples will also become obsolete when the game comes out.

It's also difficult to click on the O and the E or realize they are separate links. How about this:

[Song Title] (links to Dojo Sample)
Extended Sample
Original Composition

Or you could have Dojo Sample under [Song Title], but this wouldn't match style of your other entries.
Alright, I'll get started on it right away!
FileFront says: Your download has failed. You have an invalid session set. Click here to try your download again.

Could anyone send it to me or something? If you could I'd appreciate it. :)
Hmm.. seems I have to find an alternate link. I'll get it fixed soon.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman

has anyone else noticed that, when you play kirby music slow,
it sounds like some sort of hardcore gangster rap?
(most notably kirby attacks! and the alt.)
o.o

thanks for the vid post too.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Alright, I tried changing things around.... I might change them again though.... Don't like the way it looks.

Oh, and I fixed the original arrange for Ridley Fight.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I hope that the wild battle and Trainer battle music from Ruby and Sapphire are in. they were in Coliseum in a new arrangement and I loved those music:)
This man is a prophet. :)

This IC music is really good. How will Gasca extend it?

Also there should be a couple of new songs to add to that "astericked" list, with these new screenshots confirming a few.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Best update in a long time.
Music updates are now my second favourite only to wham-updates like Newcomers and such unexpected things. Because those are the things that actually renew my interest in this game.

This song is so amazingly awesome, it really brightened up my morning.
It includes some of my favourite things: jazz, hard rock, Ice Climbers, midi-quality battle songs and cute, chimey background music. SQUEE!

I hope Gasca will extend all the different parts of this song, not just the middle... you will, right?

PJGasca

Smash Cadet
Ice Climber (Extended):
http://www.cooltastic.com/music/brawl/18 Ice Climber.mp3

I hope Gasca will extend all the different parts of this song, not just the middle... you will, right?
Of course I'd try to extend all of the parts I can to a song. But at first I did more of a one time loop sort of thing, but your comment gave me the idea to treat each part as it's own looping section. This makes for an extended buildup rather than a repeated buildup. So thanks for the inspiration!

Can't wait to hear these songs in their entirety!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Wow, if I'm hearing the right thing, The Roost is a beautiful song. And the R/S Pokemon Battle theme is pretty rockin'. GOSH I love all the music.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
So anybody hoping that the Pokémon Theme is the first season TV show theme, or is it just me?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Okay, sorry for the delay, the songs can now be downloaded from the main page. Also added the Sound test under My Music.

By the way, I'm having trouble finding "The Roost". If anyone can find it for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I wonder how much of the 9 gigabytes on the game is going to be used for Music?

Loved todays music update.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
well ile be!

thanks for extending this one!

..gah....i love the the very end.

whyd they have to cut it off there...

also,

the Roost is "ok" but..

im guessing ile have to get wild world to here it better.

amost

Smash Apprentice
aah... I think the entire awesome Baten Kaitos OST, and Tales songs are a better example of Motoi Sakuraba's works than mario tennis ;p

Civy

Smash Cadet
Thx so much for this thread ! :)
*subscribe now*

But well, in the original music, I think you forgot the Delfino Plaza !
It was also heard in game play video, isn't ?

Thanks again !

(and yeah for ICs music !)

Since there is no characters updates, music ones are certainly the best now.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Many, many thanks!

Ok, I added a whole bunch of stuff that I'd missed. The only one that is missing is "Legend of Zelda - Hidden Mountain & Forest" which I have no idea which is it, since there are so many forest themes in the Zelda series. Anyone knows which is it? I'm leaning towards Link to the Past forest theme, but have don't have a clue about the Mountain. Maybe the one from Link's Awakening?

Also, I appreciate what you're doing, but you're still lacking some in your post with the other confirmed music. This site updates with cameo music. http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/rvl-ssbb_music.shtml

It has the fortress music in addition to the castle music. And it also takes a stab at what the Mountains/Forest music might be.
Yeah, I fixed all that. Plus, their data is already dated, so technically.... mine is better! :bigthumbu

I mean, where else can you easily find direct downloads for their original sample forms, home made extended versions, and a direct download for their original forms? [/brag]

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Many, many thanks!

Ok, I added a whole bunch of stuff that I'd missed. The only one that is missing is "Legend of Zelda - Hidden Mountain & Forest" which I have no idea which is it, since there are so many forest themes in the Zelda series. Anyone knows which is it? I'm leaning towards Link to the Past forest theme, but have don't have a clue about the Mountain. Maybe the one from Link's Awakening?
My guess is that they mean the Death Mountain theme from the Dark World in Link to the Past, since it shares the same theme with the dark woods of the Dark World.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Many, many thanks!

No, it's in that link I posted, though. They think it's a compilation of Death Mountain and Lost Woods from Link to the Past, which I think would be an astounding track, actually.

Also, on the Mario track, it says Castle/Fortress. Shouldn't you have both?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that they mean the Death Mountain theme from the Dark World in Link to the Past, since it shares the same theme with the dark woods of the Dark World.
That sounds like a good guess, except Dark World is apparently it's own track. Unless they mean "Bunny Link" Dark World.

And I initially thought Fortresses had a different theme in Super Mario World, but now thinking about it, I don't think they do. Maybe they mean the differences between SMB, SMB3 and SMW?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Just to make sure, are you aware that the current Roost link is broken, Chido?

Top Bottom