• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Composers FINAL: Music to Brawl By! (BETA)

jigenbakuda

Smash Rookie
I loved the zelda 2 soundtrack so much, I very excited in melee when I played on temple. But now they have even more zelda 2 music, kinda wish they kept the vibrato in music, I thought it was so original, now they need to have zelda 2 field music and zelda 2 opening credits music, and I will be so happy.

Sephiroth_Ultima

Smash Cadet
The Great Temple Music is one of my top favorite zelda songs ever since I was 2.....
Supreme Nostalgic Happiness. I wonder though do you think the selectable music lists are per series or per stage? For exemple I'd sure like to try out the zelda songs from the My Music update on the Temple stage or this new song on the bridge of eldin, so I hope it's a mothaload of songs for each series that you can use in any stage of the corresponding series. I mean as far as I know it's still an unknown fact.

What do you think?

jigenbakuda

Smash Rookie
The Great Temple Music is one of my top favorite zelda songs ever since I was 2.....
Supreme Nostalgic Happiness. I wonder though do you think the selectable music lists are per series or per stage? For exemple I'd sure like to try out the zelda songs from the My Music update on the Temple stage or this new song on the bridge of eldin, so I hope it's a mothaload of songs for each series that you can use in any stage of the corresponding series. I mean as far as I know it's still an unknown fact.

What do you think?
If each stage had at least 5 songs and they are bringing back old stages, the amount of songs included could be staggering. You have to add aventure mode music and my training will have selectable music as well, seeing as each person has more than one training area.

Since you can build stages, I'm sure you can add the any song in the game to your stage, and they should at least have everything in the pre-existing stages as material to build with in stage editor. So if push comes to shove we can create temple and add all the zelda music we need.

I must agree that the temple music in piano was almost as great as farewell to the hyrule king (cracks a tear), maybe they did something else in piano from the old school, maybe a link to the past song in piano (dark world without moon pearl onegaishimasu)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Anyone have a version that's not extended?

I prefer the originals, thank you. Your fake extensions are not amusing since the songs could end up much different in the final version.
Of course they may end up differently, but they are just too short. I enjoy it longer. It's better than having to go back to the beginning of the song every time it finishes.

BTW, the original Great Temple song was pretty much as repetitive as this, so it makes no difference.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman

I prefer the originals, thank you. Your fake extensions are not amusing since the songs could end up much different in the final version.
Use IGN's FAQ on their site. They have the originals available for download, too. I usually download both, myself.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

You don't have to be rude just because someone is more talented and imaginative than you and expresses it by extending the music and adding there own artistic license to it. No one cares if you like the extensions or not, how about you just go rip it yourself instead of trolling this topic?

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
i GREATLY appreciate the extended versions.

and as stated, downloadn the originals on IGN if ya want,

but i favor originality.

:)

GREAT SONG UPDATE!
didnt think Gasca could extend this one..
but i was proven wrong.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to be rude just because someone is more talented and imaginative than you and expresses it by extending the music and adding there own artistic license to it. No one cares if you like the extensions or not, how about you just go rip it yourself instead of trolling this topic?
Woah, if anything, you're the one being rude and trolling just because someone voiced their opinion. I don't like each and every extension, and to be honest, it seems to vary depending on the song (For example, I love the Kid Icarus and Meta Knights revenge extensions, but didn't like this and the K.K. Rider extensions as much). There's no need to go off and insult someone because his preference differs from yours, thank you very much.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
The extended remix actually sounded pretty good. :)

I like the Temple music from Zelda II a lot. I'm happy it is returning for Brawl.

M.K

Level 55
Does anyone know if there is a video where the Animal Crossing Intro plays? It seems so somber, yet I love it. I am an Animal Crossing fan, so it brings back memories ^_^

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Woah, if anything, you're the one being rude and trolling just because someone voiced their opinion. I don't like each and every extension, and to be honest, it seems to vary depending on the song (For example, I love the Kid Icarus and Meta Knights revenge extensions, but didn't like this and the K.K. Rider extensions as much). There's no need to go off and insult someone because his preference differs from yours, thank you very much.
It wasn't so much that he expressed his opinion, but using loaded words like fake and being a completely mean about it was uncalled for. It's possible to ask for something without making insults.

Anyways, the new Zelda music is ok, I was never a fan of the temple music it starts off with. My favorite song from that game was the one they used for the temple in melee and the one at the end of this arrangement.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
It wasn't so much that he expressed his opinion, but using loaded words like fake and being a completely mean about it was uncalled for. It's possible to ask for something without making insults.
Yes, "fake" is such a loaded word...

And speaking of asking for something "without making insults"...

Darkfur said:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Yes, "fake" is such a loaded word...

And speaking of asking for something "without making insults"...
Calling someones work fake is indeed quite loaded, and I wasn't asking for anything, It was a rhetorical question basically telling him to do it himself since he can't respect something another person put time and effort into.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
He never said he didn't respect it. He just said he preferred the originals. A reasonable statement.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
He never said he didn't respect it. He just said he preferred the originals. A reasonable statement.
If you respect someone work, you do not call it Fake. PERIOD. <_<

Now, can we PLEASE get back ON TOPIC?

I am expecting another music sample this week. I'll actually call Snowman from mother SOMETIME this month. =p It'd fit being December.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
is there any way someone can get me the fist original version of Meta knights revenge on mp3?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Bumping the only consistently quality thread left these days... and for good reason!

New music sure has been abundant lately! The "X" theme is pretty spiffy.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I was trying to search youtube for a video of X that might have a song kind of like this.

I like to hear the original so I can compare.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I'm really liking this new X song. Interesting to see we'll be getting music from games like this that aren't really involved in that actual game at all, which is nice considering some of the great music out there. Can't wait for the file download of it ;) but like previously said, does anyone know where there's a video or file of the original for comparison?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I like this new X theme. Can't wait to get my hands on the extension, either. The sample on Dojo is kinda... short.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
X for GB is one of the songs Kazumi tokata put his song in it,could Totaka's song be in brawl?

plus how are songs like DS navi cooking or DKC Stickerbush symphony in it?

Top Bottom