• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Composers FINAL: Music to Brawl By! (BETA)

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Just to make sure, are you aware that the current Roost link is broken, Chido?
Way ahead of ya! :laugh:

And I initially thought Fortresses had a different theme in Super Mario World, but now thinking about it, I don't think they do. Maybe they mean the differences between SMB, SMB3 and SMW?
They are. Very different. See for yourself:

SMB - http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/super-mario-bros.-1-3-anthology/xswxpphmzh/1-04-castle.mp3
SMB3 - http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/super-mario-bros.-1-3-anthology/cdmzvyhbjx/3-19-fortress.mp3
SMW - http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/s...-soundtrack/jicbpqxide/258-sub-castle-bgm.mp3

As which one that update is talking about, its really hard to pick, as there is almost no description. I;m leaning to the SMB1 one though.

Then there's the "Fortress Boss" title there... which could lead to this song, since in SMB1, the same castle song plays as you fight Bowser.

http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/s...l-soundtrack/emwsaszvqg/233-fortress-boss.mp3

I wish the My Music was a little more descriptive.

courte

Smash Lord
i have a not proud confession to make; i skimmed through the description of today music update so i was confused when the words said sorry about slow brawl and the music kept changes so spastically lol

btw i'd hope to see all of the fortress themes melded into one somehow for a bowser's castle stage or a medley if that's not possible.

not my sig

THAT really sucks people

Doctor Icarus

Smash Rookie
Despite my entirely misleading username, I am a die-hard Ice Climber fan, and this song matched my expectations perfectly!

Can anyone tell what is being said at the begining of the Ice Climber song? It starts out "Hey guys, it's Ice Climber" and from that point, I can't discern the sentence.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
@Doctor Icarus:

I'm also looking in to that. I know it starts as:

"Hey guys, the Ice Climbers are well only high at the mountain, there is only a grand and wild iceberg(?)"

That song rocks.

Oh crap... double post...

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I realized that after I posted. :laugh:

And the castle thing is confusing indeed. Let's leave it as is for now.

I swear that SMB3 music was in Link's Awakening...

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
I quite like the Ice Climbers extension; what program are you using to do all that?

Also, where did you get that SSBM - Corneria is going to be in? I haven't noticed it in any of the updates yet...

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
The Corneria Melee music was shown in the Nintendo World trailer, during Fox's revelation.

Though that's not 100% proof it'll be in, we do have the Live And Learn song, so *shrugs*.

A "Past Stage: Corneria" wouldn't surprise me at all, however.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Wait, I have a question. Was "Live and Learn" actually ever confirmed? I know it was in the Sonic video, but it still doesn't have a track on the DOJO yet. If you count the video as confirmation then, wouldn't you count the Metal Gear Solid "Encounter" song as confirmed too then? That music was on Snake's confirmation video as well.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
i like how k.k. rider was extended

i wanted hear the animal crossing roost but its has a bad link
That's odd.. It works fine to me.

Wait, I have a question. Was "Live and Learn" actually ever confirmed? I know it was in the Sonic video, but it still doesn't have a track on the DOJO yet. If you count the video as confirmation then, wouldn't you count the Metal Gear Solid "Encounter" song as confirmed too then? That music was on Snake's confirmation video as well.
Fixed. Guess I should i have moved it earlier.

miller483

Smash Ace
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uw4C9pbbW0M

For 10 seconds (starting at about 0:26), you can distinctly here a figure from the Overworld in Kid Icarus (my favorite piece of its soundtrack!).

(Eighth, two sixteenths, eighth) (Eighth, two sixteenths, eighth) (Two eighths) (Repeat)

Overworld Theme: http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks...carus Gamerip/03_-_kid_icarus_-_overworld.mp3

It's amaaaaaaazing! :bigthumbu I'm so excited!
Oh yeah, I caught that too. Love that song.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I finally added the two musicians that weren't in the original Musicians update. You can now find 2 new composers and samples in the main page.

Happy listening.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
man...playing colosseum really played that song out
i wish they would have varied on the battle music
a little more.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Chido, reference my previous post for more music as heard in the E4All demo.

Oh yeah, I caught that too. Love that song.
Ah, I know! I actually prefer it to the Underworld Theme. It's just so catchy and exciting. The way the music dances, almost as if on air...it's just wonderful. :grin:

Wait... when was the Super Mario World Title/Ending shown to be in Brawl?
The fantastic "My Music" update. See here.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
And it seems like someone has pointed out the Overworld. I'm so happy this song's in! I always loved this song just because of the bass and... the remix of that other song that's in it... you guys know what I'm talking about?

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
1. I'm sure many people thought of Sonic when they saw a Nights composer.
2. Masato Kouda is a Capcom composer who remastered all of the NES robot master stages for the Mega Man arcade games.
3. I'm tired of KH fanboys/girls thinking that Sora is going to be in the game because of Yoko Shimomura. He made GENO'S THEME!!!

Masato Kouda- Mega Man
Tomoko Sasaki- Sonic
Yoko Shimomura- Geno

The truth has been in front of us since the first day the Dojo was released!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
1. I'm sure many people thought of Sonic when they saw a Nights composer.
2. Masato Kouda is a Capcom composer who remastered all of the NES robot master stages for the Mega Man arcade games.
3. I'm tired of KH fanboys/girls thinking that Sora is going to be in the game because of Yoko Shimomura. He made GENO'S THEME!!!

Masato Kouda- Mega Man
Tomoko Sasaki- Sonic
Yoko Shimomura- Geno

The truth has been in front of us since the first day the Dojo was released!
...:confused: Erm..."he?"

Ms. Shimomura is definitely not a male.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
And it seems like someone has pointed out the Overworld. I'm so happy this song's in! I always loved this song just because of the bass and... the remix of that other song that's in it... you guys know what I'm talking about?
Yeah, the song is just perfect for brawling, isn't it? The one part that irks me though is the Irish jig near the middle of it. It seems so out of place in the song. I hope Skyworld is in too. I'm guessing it might be, because the stage's name is Skyworld.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
True. lol. But do you know the song that's actually remixed INTO the original Overworld theme? It's some American song...
My friends...BEHOLD!

The song is a British folk tune entitled "Brighton Camp." I was going to guess "British Grenadiers," but searching always makes life easier. Overworld is definitely the best Kid Icarus song, though--hands down. Glad to know that others appreciate it, as well! :bigthumbu

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
My friends...BEHOLD!

The song is a British folk tune entitled "Brighton Camp." I was going to guess "British Grenadiers," but searching always makes life easier. Overworld is definitely the best Kid Icarus song, though--hands down. Glad to know that others appreciate it, as well! :bigthumbu
Well Nintendo just has a great selection of music and catchy tunes in its video game library, especially some of the earlier ones.

Top Bottom