• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 3 July 17th (Melee Only) CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3ly

Smash Champion
willz stop jumping the second you get off the edge :s it makes stealing ur jump really easy nd after that edgeguarding falcon is easier. u tech in place alot too, ummm and i dont recall you being ko'd at the top corners - falcon probably has da bess SDI.

best advise tho would be main mario instead. sit in ur room, learn to sh bair waveland then spam the crap outta that with platform wavelands

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol I'm awesome

Regarding how the tournament was run: I think the tourney was ran very well. Although I do believe if some people played their pools matches instead of doing friendlies and other things then I believe all pools could have been done by 5pm. My pool didn't finish till 7, even though it was the biggest pool (I'm sure it was) I know that a lot of the matches could have been finished a lot earlier, as I remember filling out the result sheet and J3ly had played like 2 games and Prof had played 1 lol. Although being the **** players that they are they managed to finish the rest of their matches fairly quickly =]

Grand finals should have been 3 matches long with Prof destroying Charles but that did not occur and I was very disappointed. The grand finals commentary was **** (it was by Wiggum right?), and I look forward to seeing the vids.

Shout outs later.

Btw Charles + Alex thanks for the hospitality when I was round both your houses. Charles tell your dad he's awesome as well for kicking us out at 12:30am as well LOL

Edit: Thanks J3ly, playing your Mario was cool and this tournament has given me the motivation to keep on improving. Even you as a player is motivating as around this time last year you probably weren't too great either (like me) and now you're hella good. =]

I'll pass on maining Mario, I prefer Luigi lol.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Awesome Tournament - Only thing I would have changed was the pool size, with 8 people in pools thats 28 games per pool. It also means people aren't involved in their pool they're wondering around then playing friendlies rather than sitting there waiting to get on which often happens with smaller pools..

Shoutouts:

Crab-Man: Sorry for the SDs in doubles good games though, well done on beating Tamoo and thanks for driving

Tamoo: Unlucky with that game vs J3ly so close but still a pretty good placing nonetheless. I'd like to see some good performances vs Europeans at SNY

L-J: Didn't didn't see you much but

JoeMan: some good game, you've got a nice falcon but you need to work on being less predictable and maybe less aggro in your style

Fuzz and Jolteon: Thanks for hosting!

J3ly: I try man, honestly :p I'd love advice from anyone but the only recorded match I got was doubles. I am part of the new crew that's happening in the UK with Tamoo, Crabman, L-J and Yeniths? meh I've only been in the scene about 6 months, I'll continue to get better, Just you wait..
Also gratz on beating tamoo, it was entertaining to watch. Nice comeback

Brado: You need to get better at escaping pressure and getting grabs, I was spamming down-airs at you and you didn't seem to be able to do much about it

Cheez: I didn't play you much but you were definitely rolling inside all the time when I approached you, I didn't have to do anything I could just stand there and you would roll at me

Everyone else I played: Good games

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I liked the bigger pools because that means I got to play more competitive games. But like you said, people did just walk off and play friendlies with others which is why pools took so ****ing long to complete <_<

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
@X1-12 yh, i know, its a big problem for me, i generally roll too much, its something im trying to cut out slowly, but its not easy when i dont play much serious smash with people, due to them being too far away, or me being crazy busy, but thanks for pointing it out, and taking advantage of it in the games, it makes it easier for me to force myself to stop doing it knowing its so obvious and people read it so easily.

anyone else i played, if there was anything that i consistently did that was costing me, any feedback would be appreciated

Brado

Smash Lord
Funn tournament, was well ran besides one or two of the pools finishing liek an hour after the others, but that was more the players fault. well done TC + Charles. Good idea allocating TV's TC :) And I also noticed Ed helped a lot, cheeerz.
Cant believe I missed the bracket due to one game loss -_-

Well done to Charles and Prof for their placings in both events, though I feel bad for Jo3 not having his partner for team's GF's, rematch at SNY maybe?

Can't really be bothered to do full shoutouts, so thanks for Jolteon for the housing and hosting, and for charles for having us over for a bit lool, it's alright, there was night buses...
GG's to everyone I played in my pool, had some good games, especially enjoyed my set with The Lust, well done on getting through to bracket.

Go yeniths for ****** and representing East midlands, nice placing mang :D

@X1-12: Not to john, but I wasn't all too serious in our friendlies, i was jus having fun haha

see y'all at SNY where LC will **** EVEN MOARZ.

btw we all sandbagged you guize suck

this post is unorganized and probs makes no sense, sorreh to whoever i missed

Kone

Smash Master
The pools size are actually a good thing imo. It meant the better players were more likely to go through, you played more competitive matches, seedings were more accurate for the bracket and it was good preparation for SNY as all european tournaments run with large pools.

The reason the tournament took so long was that there was no real pressure to get it done quicker. There were only about 30 entrants and 20 odd tvs. Therefore, regardless, the tournament was going to finish on time =).

In terms of the tournament itself it was nice to get to meet alot of (what I perceive) as the newer generation in the smash scene. I haven't been too active over the last year and a so and haven't caught up with alot of people, especially in London. Next time ill try find somewhere to kip at night so that I dont have to drive back.

Props to georgie bear and alex for beating me. Got alot of holes in my Samus game that need filling but happy to get 9th with a character I aint played for very long. Was hard to resisting the temptation to switch back to peachy.

Look fotward to catching up with everyone at SNY. For those who havent booked get it done!!!!! if you are running low on funds it aint much for floor space (go buy a cheap lilo). Im looking specifically at jely, deathgazer and calzum!

To the LC lot: your all good lads and was mightily suprised willz isnt a tool. Your all welcome over to stourbridge any weekend for beers, smash n kebab :) that includes my lil geogy bear! ps some weekend soooooon?!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
The pools size are actually a good thing imo. It meant the better players were more likely to go through, you played more competitive matches, seedings were more accurate for the bracket and it was good preparation for SNY as all european tournaments run with large pools.

The reason the tournament took so long was that there was no real pressure to get it done quicker. There were only about 30 entrants and 20 odd tvs. Therefore, regardless, the tournament was going to finish on time =).

In terms of the tournament itself it was nice to get to meet alot of (what I perceive) as the newer generation in the smash scene. I haven't been too active over the last year and a so and haven't caught up with alot of people, especially in London. Next time ill try find somewhere to kip at night so that I dont have to drive back.

Props to georgie bear and alex for beating me. Got alot of holes in my Samus game that need filling but happy to get 9th with a character I aint played for very long. Was hard to resist temting to switch back to peachy.

Look fotward to catching up with everyone at SNY. For those who havent booked get it done!!!!! if you are running low on funds it aint much for floor space (go buy a cheap lilo). Im looking specifically at jely, deathgazer and calzum!
I agree on the pools size.

The main reason it took so long wasn't necessarily that there was no pressure, but more the fact that everyone from Loser's semis and up was complaining about not wanting to play without being on the recording TV which literally wasted like 1 hr-1 1/2 hrs by itself. I'm annoyed at myself for allowing people to wait for that, so next time, tough luck!

I was pretty surprised that you didn't swap to Peach vs me, but I guess the experience must have been good. I was in a similar situation earlier where I just stayed with Sheik even though I was tempted to choose other chars and I think it's paid off. Congrats on 9th though, lol.

Kone

Smash Master
Nope that still down to the pressure. If you didn't have the time allowance to allow to record these matches then you wouldn't have done it. Get my point? all down to the pressure ;)

Jolteon

Nope that still down to the pressure. If you didn't have the time allowance to allow to record these matches then you wouldn't have done it. Get my point? all down to the pressure ;)
Yeah I guess, I would have definitely said no if we were under pressure lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
To the LC lot: your all good lads and was mightily suprised willz isnt a tool. Your all welcome over to stourbridge any weekend for beers, smash n kebab :) that includes my lil geogy bear! ps some weekend soooooon?!
What's that supposed to mean <_>

I want to come up sometime soon but I doubt my parents will let me. They were mad today when I told them the made up story of us getting kicked out of Charles's house at 11pm and using the underground to get back to Alex's at 1am, they said they would of been very worried if they knew about that during that time! Good thing they don't know WHAT REALLY HAPPENED...

Kone

Smash Master
what did happen? and you can come across as a tool online lol but are a good lad in person? its all good william.

Jolteon

charles' dad kicked us out at 1am when the underground was mostly closed and said "the night buses are running they can catch them".

Thanks to the stupid roadworks @ Gants hill we had to walk 40 mins (after wasting 1/2 an hour before realising why the buses weren't stopping at barkingside, even though the worker at tfl told me that the bus route should be functioning from that stop normally) and wasted about 3 hours traveling with buses. Got home at like 5:20 am, lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Ah okay then lol

What happened was Charles dad got all moody and kicked us out of his house sometime after 12am (we were gonna stay there the night as Charles said that it'd be okay to). So we waited for the night buses in Barkingside heading towards Tottenham court road... only to realise after about half hour that no buses going towards there were running through Barkingside.

So, we had to head towards Gants Hill! At 1am, and it was pitch black. Me and Brado pissing ourselfs and Calzum and Alex being the badman they both are not giving a ****. Soooo we finally got to Gants Hill after 30mins of the scariest walk ever travelled and then waited for a bus which took about 30mins to ****ing arrive.

On the bus journey towards Tottenham we saw some cool ****, like a random drunk fight occur in Stratford where some guy got KNOCKED THE **** OUT (awesome punch). Then upon arriving in Tottenham we had to wait a further 20-odd minutes till the bus arrived heading towards Hyde park and saw another fight break out where a guy got kicked in the head lol.

Then we got on a bus from there to somewhere I can't even remember (too tired) and then got another bus from that destination to Surbiton, Brado tried to grope Callum while sleeping on the buses and also headbutted me multiple times as well, ****. We got back to Alexs at 5:30am. Epic 4 hour journey lol.

Then we woke up at 2pm this afternoon, my mum had phoned me 5times and was worried ****less that I'd been kidnapped or something.

I will never tell them what happened as if they found out I will never be going to London AGAIN. Cal your parents better not tell them ****ing anything -_-"

Brado

Smash Lord
Haha epic story, and driving would be awesome, but we're all only 16 lol. YEN get a car!

Kone I'm sure me and Cal could come down sometime in the next few weeks, and George seems to be always down for travelling so we should be able to organise something soon :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Driving to Surbiton from Barkingside is still horrible as Rake drove to Alex's after GT2 and it was like 2 hours xD

George would need a booster seat brad LOL

dont take it personally u know i still <3 u tho george xD

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Thats awesome man thanks for the open invite :) any weekend is good for me.

Sexy Samus too man:)

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on the placing j3ly.
Nice to see you giving out my advice to you to other people ;) I'm always surprised at how few people realise how important DI is.

Gantz - Never played you before man, very impressed. Your fox is awesome. Also, yours and LD's bickering was f***ing hilarious. I'm definitely up for attending some OOC stuff before SNY
Ed - I like the samus man, get some experience behind her and she'll be looking s3xy in no time.
Jo3 - doubles was quality, we had our tactics down by the end of it, sorry I had to leave
Edwin - Thanks for giving me your team partner ;) we've gotta play some more games sometime now I'm in London
Fuzz and Alex - Thanks for the hosting

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Was absolute quality man, such an experience. 2nd best play I've ever seen (the first is the last play I saw, by the same company - Punchdrunk)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
the reason pools took so long was because of ONE POOL taking an hour longer than the rest due to not listening, no excuse about doubles taking place there was still time between to play some pool matches

all pools were 7 people FYI

Jolteon

it was actually a nice walk but brado kept moaning about how terrified he was.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Shut up Alex you weren't very reassuring with 'I don't know what way we're going' and it being ****ing pitch black. At least it wasn't Hackney cuz we would have really **** ourselfs lool.

Jolteon

LOL I said that once because I didn't want to give you a false sense of security, but I'm good at figuring out where to go in places I'm not familiar with.

L-J

Smash Ace
All the vids I took of Tamoo's hands to save him some time (mostly involving myself lol) are now up. Tamoo has the majority and they'll be up at some point this week hopefully.

J03

Smash Master
the reason pools took so long was because of ONE POOL taking an hour longer than the rest due to not listening, no excuse about doubles taking place there was still time between to play some pool matches

all pools were 7 people FYI
no im sorry charles but doubles would have taken much less time if people didnt have start singles. NOW, if the thread had said doubles and singles would be run at the same time i would have raised my point straight away and imo it would have never happened. The fact that this was decided on the day of the tournament was utter crazyness mate, utter utter crazyness. Especially seeing as you knew from the off that mike had to leave at 5 and constantly reassured us that doubles would have finished. If you think that 1 hour in singles made a difference then what about the 2 and a half hours that where added onto the doubles? Its almost to the point of cheating imo, you clearly don't care so why should i care about one hour? especially seeing as my pool was almost un-started until i showed up. you KNOW i made them play all their matches as quickly as possible, yet i could hear you constantly yelling at us through the mic to do what we where already doing o_0, something i found very distracting. This is all presuming that it was my pool that was this pool lol, at the time i did anyways. Who was in pool 3?

L-J

Smash Ace
Pool 3 had 4 of its 7 players playing doubles up to losers quarters, 3 up to losers semis and 1 up to losers finals. Whenever Tamoo and I were free from doubles we were playing singles pools matches. Crabman and Jo3 definately did hurry people along with them as much as they could I assure you. It wasn't though lack of effort - people simply weren't available to play until later because they were engaged in doubles matches.

Willz: I took a few so that he didn't have to upload every single one himself - sharing the load as to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom