• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 3 July 17th (Melee Only) CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
SmashGT3 Another Melee Tournament Preparing for SNY

Date: July 17th CONFIRMED
Venue: London, Same as monthlies
Housing: Look at the bottom of the post
Venue Fee: £3/4 most likely

EVEN IF YOU ARE COMING JUST TO SPECTATE OR PLAY FRIENDLIES YOU MUST STILL PAY THE VENUE FEE!

Saturday:

Venue open from 13:30 -> 22:00 (Venue will be cleared starting from 21:30)
Signups: 14:00-> 14:20 (I'm going to be very strict on this) (Please can you bring correct change, it's very frustrating)

Melee + Brawl Doubles Start: 14:30
Singles Pools/Brackets Start: As soon as doubles are over, possibly inbetween

- Melee Doubles - £5 entry each
- Melee Singles - £5 entry
I'm going to run this very strictly, if you come late this time I wont sign you up, I will start the tournaments at 2:30pm most likely which means sign-ups will be before that, this does not mean arrive at 2:30pm because I will still not sign you up after I have everyone else done and all ready to go.

TRAVEL EARLY, DON'T BE LAZY

Also I will keep the singles bracket up on a monitor so you can look, if you are not playing your matches then I will get very pissed off because we have limited time for both doubles + singles. If you want a good finished tournament you have to keep the bracket going, don't rely on me for this, all I can do is call outs every now and then. My other way around this is to disqualify people if they are not playing their games within 5-10 mins

Index: Cant find what you want to find? use Ctrl+F and the code to find stuff

Location, Directions [LRB1]
Tournament Rules: [LRB2]
Group Stages Format: [LRB3]
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]
Venue FAQ[LRB8]

Location, Travel Info [LRB1]

Postcode: IG5 0SX
    Use www.multimap.com and type in IG5 0SX to get a pretty specific map of where it is
  • Directions by Train and Bus

www.tfl.gov.uk

London Underground Train - Central Line (eastbound) get to Gants Hill (Hainault/Woodford via newbury park train)

Then you get out of one side of the station and you should see a "Cash Converters" shop somewhere Which has a 128 bus stop outside
    you take the 128, it goes into barkingside high street (you'll see a macdonalds on your left = barkingside) and takes a left turn, get off at the stop where there is a small shop called "CostCutters" its like 3/4 stops past barkingside (after the left turn)

- I advice ask the bus driver for Kelvedon Lodge, or a bus stop past Barkingside beside Costcutters

then you walk out the bus obviously, head right..take the first left, then the first left again and you see the venue called "TipTree Communial Hall"
    (its like 1 min from the stop)

You can also take the 128 bus from Barkingside on the opposite side of the road of subway on the high street (not towards gants hill)

Tournament Rules [LRB2]

The Tournament will be split into 2 stages. Group Stages then a Double Elimination Bracket, you will only get Ranbat points once you get into the Double Elimination so fight for it!
  • You are expected to bring your own controller, if your gamecube pad SOMEHOW breaks in the middle of your match and you dont have a spare, then you will forfeit the match. believe me this HAS happened so check your pad
  • If you aint there when its your turn, you will automatically forfeit the match. However we understand you MIGHT have a life, so we will give you 10 minutes but when you hold people up, no ones happy about it
  • You forfeit the match if you press the Start button, but what you should really do is turn the option off...
Group Stages [LRB3]

Group Stages (also known as Pools) will be the first stage, which are like qualifiers for the real tournament.
  • All the players will be divided into seperate groups.
  • Top players currently in the Leaderboard will be spread out to each group
  • Group Stages are BO3
  • The players with the top highest wins in that group will progress or qualify for the Double Elimination Bracket (If there is a Tie, a Tiebreaker game will be played.
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]

Double elimination brackets are kinda like, normal tournament brackets you see in the tournament mode in the Smash game. However this certain type of bracket has advantages over the normal one. You get 2 lives and the results are more fair due to this
  • Players will be put into a Double elimination bracket
  • The players who win the most matches in their groups will be spread away from each other
  • Matches will be First to 2 (or Best out of 3)
  • Guys, even if you lose the first match, you can still get to the finals, just that if you get straight wins you get to the finals quicker.
  • Melee Singles + Doubles Winners Quarter Finals onward are BO5
  • Melee Singles + Doubles Losers Semis and Losers Final are BO5
  • Melee Singles + Doubles Grand Finals BO5, then BO7
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]

Smash is very unique game so it has its own set of rules. Please dont whine about the rules especially if its about the SmashBall.
  • 'First Character Picking' will be done in a method called BLIND PICKING. You basically write your character on a piece of paper (or phone or something) and hide it till your opponent is done then REVEAL. Then pick the character that you wrote. This rule is in place to stop people from waiting for the opponent to pick just to counter.

[*]Melee: First Stage is Stage Striking

How Stage Striking Works

First you choose characters! Then you play 1 game of rock/paper/scissors with your opponent.

The winner can strike a stage from the 5 random. Then the loser strikes 2 stages followed by the winner striking 1 more stage. One stage from the random stages will remain, and this stage will be played for the first match.
  • Items are off, this includes Brawl, we dont tail EVO.
  • Stage Banning Rule: You may choose to ban one stage after the first game
  • Daves Stupid Rule: This rule will be in effect, you basically cant CHOOSE a stage you have already won on, if you get to choose. This prevents a match that looks like, FD,Yoshi,Mute City,Yoshi,Mute City
  • Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.
  • Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
  • Wobbling in Melee is banned
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]

Stage Rulings:

Random/Neutral Stages (Stage Striking)

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages:

Yoshi Story

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED

Venue FAQ [LRB8]
The venue itself is huge, it can hold more than 60 people easily and possibly up to 100..it has heating, electricity, a kitchen, toilets, chairs, tables and a t.v provided.

RULES:
- Please watch the door incase strangers come in and cause trouble
- Be nice to everyone
- NO MESS, especially chewing gum
- NO SMOKING
- NO DRINKING
- Be formal and on time, no holding up matches
- Please can everyone work together as security to make sure no strangers or trouble makers walk in (the venue has been known to have dodgy people around)
- Only bring what is necessary (Pad, Console, Money for food etc) don't bring anything that can attract to affect you if stolen

Housing

Housing:

Free Slots

Fuzzyness - 5/6 slots (Coey)
Jolteon - ? (Surbiton)
Tamoo -?

Maybe

Bishkin - ?
J3ly - ? (Barnet)
CloudRain - ?
Alpha Dash -? (Reedham)
Kira - ? (Hackney)
Clockmire - ?
Edwin - ?

No Slots Left

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Train it with me if we can't get a ride, also this seems very good :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
not bothered by either one, jsut so long as i can get housing for those times and i am sorted
2 days is good, if its gonan be the national

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah, Thursday+Friday better option with more time as-long as housing is available :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
when does school break up btw?

24 July - 4 September

is it really this date? -_-

if it is then im just gonna host a one day..both games singles but meh =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
when does school break up btw?

24 July - 4 September

is it really this date? -_-

if it is then im just gonna host a one day..both games singles but meh =/
you know that would suck sadly, i also think that venue is too small and finding another one which is bigger and not that obscure is probably gonna be for the best, but of coruse, chacnes are thats not possible

Kone

Smash Master
Yes that is when schools break up. Of course uni is already done :)

alan - if it is a one day event you could come to mine the day before (or more) and then we can drive down in the morning and head back after. Isnt a far drive, means we dont have to stay somewhere in london etc etc

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ok..the choice of 1 day melee singles + doubles only (but squashed, have to be done fast) also requires the community to bring 15-20 cubes

or 1 day of both games singles (then the brawl community wont get pissy)

AmcD

Smash Ace
@Ed-Yeah thats sounds good to me :)

@Charles- Please do doubles :D I will bring a cube.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
You do a Melee event and i'll organsie a Brawl event for that exact date up in Sheffield.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is this seriously gonna be on a weekday? >.>

aah well

Edit: wait, the choices are all sat, does that mean it's def on a sat then?

And I opt for single game tournament, with doubles and singles for melee, esp if andy is up for holding a brawl equivalent

K.Mac

Smash Lord
^

I spend £100 a time going to London so ... since I only play Brawl, having the melee national in london and the brawl national in sheffield is probably best :D

plus it only costs £10 sheffield > london so LONDONERS HAVE NO JOHNS.
(I just end up spending £100 because actually travelling around london and buying food empties my wallet :ohwell:)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
^

I spend £100 a time going to London so ... since I only play Brawl, having the melee national in london and the brawl national in sheffield is probably best :D

(I just end up spending £100 because actually travelling around london and buying food empties my wallet :ohwell:)
lol where you buying food from? central?
i see 2 pound chicken and chips everywhere loool

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sheffield sounds good, i also know exactly how to get to sheffield from mine, so thats a.o.k
but erm, less people live in sheffield in comparison, how we gonna do housing?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
^

wtf, you spend 90 on food in about 2-3 days when my mum cooks for you?

SHE EVEN MAKES YOU SAMMICHES.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I got away with 40-50 quid for bus tickets/tourney fees/food/buses and all that jazz last london, which is still more than I can afford. It was more than I could afford then tbh, but I'd easily do it again :3

But yeah, the North's had such a dead scene recently, I honestly think it'd be very good for us to have one up here to get things going again. I know y'all gonna prefer it down your ends but it'd be awesome seeing all the old northern faces who haven't shown up since our last tourney again.

Also that women is a she-devil, I honestly think she'd feed me to death if I'd have stayed longer =[

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
This is why i had to drop this crap, why do UK have to be extremely parsimonious about tournaments then have the nerve to make a thread called man up. It's revolting man.

Why can't fuzzy hold a 2-day tournament for melee & brawl, and then Anakin hold ANOTHER big-ish tournament for brawl in Sheffield.

If you brawlers cant arrange more than 1 DECENT tournament during the longest school holiday of the year then you kids need a slap.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Haha chill your beans son, the norths got a fair few tournies planned. The gamerbase ones are starting up again for one, and I'm fairly sure I'll be hosting a few times.

It's not just Fuzzy who can organise tournies, but it does seem he's the "go-to" guy for this type of ****, which kind of needs to stop. People need to take **** into their own hands and go to events which aren't run by the usual suspects.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Actually yeah there is that. Its all well and good saying stop johning about money but mummy and daddy can't pay for everything for ever =[

if both places host, as well as SNY you're looking at £100 or so I reckon, some of us actually can't put that aside for what is essentially a hobby :/

Then you have the entire thing of the split turnout if they're both hosted on the same day, London would go to the london one, we'd stay up here.

Actually this isn't sounding such a bad idea after all boys :3

Kone

Smash Master
I think the melee scene could be stronger in terms of tournament hosts but with london monthlies, smashGT3, SNY and then west midland monthlies starting in June it should be well served. Also, after SNY im discussing with the owner dates for SNY2 AND booking the venue for four national tournament events (already started discussing this with her). These will run every three months, replacing the monthly that would've happened that month, and be called something like..Ed brings you the big ...........Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter tourney with a snappier name. Will use the SNY venue hopefully for one night for these which will cost everyone a tenner but youll get a bed + evening meal and breakfast.

Brawl, however, is where the lack of hosts is at :(
In regards to GT3 i opt for a one day event with singles and doubles. Saturday. I cannae be hooped staying in london nor do i think a melee event of this size actually needs two days. It just promotes london players flaking (chrisboi, frost lol). Ill drive me alan, george, joe and who ever else there in the morning, kickass, then go home to get drunk ^______^

AmcD

Smash Ace
Why can't fuzzy hold a 2-day tournament for melee & brawl, and then Anakin hold ANOTHER big-ish tournament for brawl in Sheffield.

If you brawlers cant arrange more than 1 DECENT tournament during the longest school holiday of the year then you kids need a slap.
Fuzzy could but if he was to do only singles for Melee then I cba going down to London just for singles and I'm guessing lack of pools to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom