• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I just spoke to Charles and he made it with Aiko.
And both of them are gay and they are not telling me what the seeding list is lol.

But don't worry Gantz, I asked if you were seeded and you are.

But there is some WEIRDDD seeding thing though :confused:

Like Top 8 (e.g. Fuzzy me etc)
High 8 (I THINK it will be like Coey etc....not 100% sure so don't take my word please and then complain when it doesn't link with what I say)
AND Mid 4 lol :confused:.........but yeah they seem to have it all sorted out so I think everything is gonna be alll good and i'm looking forward

J03

Smash Master
as for seeds. aarons top seeds are accurate but AmcD is 100% a top seed over Ben, i cant actually remember the last time ben took a game off alan (bearing in mind ben came to mine not too long ago)

Tuna has to scrape a high seed, if you was to ask tamoo, bill or ant, they would all agree. as would myself and alan (we all played him), if a single one of these players dissagrees then theres grounds for him to not have a seed imo. but if we all agree its too strong a vote to be denied. i can personally vouch for him being better then everyone on aarons high seed list bar maybe swizzy (mike=****)

my input would be

Fuzz
Pro
VA
Edwin
Frosty
ChrissyB
AmcD
Jo3

Swizzy
Tuna
Aiko
Bill
Tamoo
Gantz
L-J
Blinky

its hard to say which London players are better then which NW players lower in the list =/.

other people who could make the high seeds imo are.

clockmire
kman
Warning
crabman
D.gazer
Yeniths

i havent played these peeps enough to make an informed decision =/.

L-J: im pretty sure you should make the high seeds but id be surprsised if you could beat aiko

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I do agree on Tuna having the skill worthy of being seeded

But as I said before, I think he should just prove it at a big event.
BUTTTT then I also do agree that side events should partially include to the seedings so if he was seeded I wouldn't pick up tooo much of a massive fuss.

AmcD

Smash Ace
What big event could he prove it at though?
I'm sure he goes back to America really soon aswell.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Why am I not on the list for potential seed? hmmm hmmm I've placed as good and if not above many of those people the last events :)

Anyway I'm really excited for this :)

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Ahah I was gonna say, I don't really care whether I'm seeded or not, but someone in my pool will be disappointed if I'm not :p
SO MUCH HYPE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ALL YOU ENGLISHMEN :D

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Why am I not on the list for potential seed? hmmm hmmm I've placed as good and if not above many of those people the last events :)
just **** up the seeds in your pool init that my plan anyways :p tbf there is prob some large amount of potential seeds compared to seed places.

oh yeah any idea on what the turnout is gonna be for this shizzle??

VA

Smash Hero
Being as swizzy and beast go fairly even these days I'd say beast would go on the potential seeds list.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its gonig to be crowded, thats all i know, i dunno how many people where at teh january monthly, but there will be more than that, and its going be smelly as hell X(
fuzzy men, buy come air fresheners to put in the venue, that and have the door open for the most part

Tamoo

Smash Master
I don't know what it's been like for most of the UK but oxford was hot as hell today, hoping it's not too sweaty this weekend :s

Also, just my input on tuna, i don't think he should be a top seed, he had his chance to prove his place at NW and joe and alan outplaced him but my god he is at least a high seed. He says he doesn't care but it's who he screws over in his pool that's gonna care lol. Anyway charles, if seeds are sorted, why aren't you posting them?

Also joe: I wouldn't be particularly surprised if lj beats aiko, should be a close match between the two imo, and lj deserves a high seed if i deserve one lol, so underrated he places better than me quite often lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol oh. so GP just used exile's tag? lol.

...am I the only Meta Knight main at this thing or something? D:
late reply is late XD
yes, i just couldnt be bothered to interrupt it all and make a new tag on a wii i wasnt ever gonna play on again

although if yo think were 50:50 id happily give you a game to see whos better, although mk vs ike seems like im digging my own grave

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
i still dont think i should be seeded, LD should be at least considered and i think kman should take my place.

J03

Smash Master
VA: beast aint beat anyone in the seeds list dude. imo swizzys prolly rusty as ****, but we cant hold him back for that haha.

Honestly if beast should be on the list we need more then 1 persons opinion =o

gimme evidence =P

EDIT: i actually remember playing L-J at ph2 which i totally spaced about haha. forgot i played both gantz and L-J. i beat them both by a similar margion so imo (which tbh is NOT very informed) L-J should be seeded if gantz is. so ive altered my list to onclude him =)

Aiko

Smash Champion
The reason we're not posting up seeds is so that we dont have people saying "X is better than Y" arguements. The seeds have been carefully planned. we've taken everyone up to roughly top 24 into consideration.

The whole point of seeding is to make sure the results are accurate and fair. This means even if someones not "proven" themselves, if they have been deemed to be better than player X who has placed well, they will still get seeded. If prof had never been to a tournament, and wasnt seeded, it would be ridiculous if he were pooled with Fuzzyness and JO3. JO3 would get kicked out of pools and would not be properly represented.

We have also taken location into account. Needless to say, we will avoid local matches as much as possible.

I hope that reassures everyone about the seedings. Alot of thought and care has been put into it, so if you are dissapointed with the results..... NAE JOONS!

Finally, my johns here:

Ive not been to a tournament recently because ive been focussing on getting into Dental School. I got offered a place today.

I also lost to L-J in SHS1 because I played badly on the day. I was in a car accident the day before, but to say L-J didnt deserve to won would be utter BS. He obviously had the skill to take advantage of my bad day and he deserved his placing.

also, MM £1,000?

J03

Smash Master
ive just been bumming around on google maps and found that they have the underground maps all pop up if you click on one of the underground stations.

so anyone not 100% on the underground, just click on the london station you arive at and follow the lines to barkingside =)

@seeds: i have 100% confidence in ant and fuzzys ability to make the seed list. i understand its very difficult to mingle the numerous scenes together, especially deceiding on the lower high seeds =/. I hope you guys dont consider my input as meddling. I believe myself and pro fully want to help and any info that has been posted is to be used at the creators discretion =D.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The reason we're not posting up seeds is so that we dont have people saying "X is better than Y" arguements. The seeds have been carefully planned. we've taken everyone up to roughly top 24 into consideration.

The whole point of seeding is to make sure the results are accurate and fair. This means even if someones not "proven" themselves, if they have been deemed to be better than player X who has placed well, they will still get seeded. If prof had never been to a tournament, and wasnt seeded, it would be ridiculous if he were pooled with Fuzzyness and JO3. JO3 would get kicked out of pools and would not be properly represented.

We have also taken location into account. Needless to say, we will avoid local matches as much as possible.

I hope that reassures everyone about the seedings. Alot of thought and care has been put into it, so if you are dissapointed with the results..... NAE JOONS!

Finally, my johns here:

Ive not been to a tournament recently because ive been focussing on getting into Dental School. I got offered a place today.

I also lost to L-J in SHS1 because I played badly on the day. I was in a car accident the day before, but to say L-J didnt deserve to won would be utter BS. He obviously had the skill to take advantage of my bad day and he deserved his placing.

also, MM £1,000?
It is annoying when people think you havent considered people that should be or that you've been biassed/havent thought it through when you have.

tbh I trust you more than most with seeding so I'm sure it would be fine.

Aiko

Smash Champion
yeah it has. here is the seed list:

KoreanDJ
Bullet Bill
K.Mac
Trio3

Fanboy

Aiko
Pdot

KFC

Prof
Frostbyte
Edwin

VA

Smash Hero
VA: beast aint beat anyone in the seeds list dude. imo swizzys prolly rusty as ****, but we cant hold him back for that haha.

Honestly if beast should be on the list we need more then 1 persons opinion =o

gimme evidence =P

EDIT: i actually remember playing L-J at ph2 which i totally spaced about haha. forgot i played both gantz and L-J. i beat them both by a similar margion so imo (which tbh is NOT very informed) L-J should be seeded if gantz is. so ive altered my list to onclude him =)
evidence is how he was going hella close with ben at the monthlies and was barely beaten out by the poeple you have on your wouuld be seeds list.

basically, swizzy is not rusty. I've said this before, he doesn't get rusty. We've been playing for 4 days non stop now, we've all stepped up loads and you'll get your evidence at the tournament.

J03

Smash Master
if im totally honest your constantly saying how much youve all stepped up in what are relatively small spaces of time, im not saying you havent, im just saying you say it an awful lot that it becomes a 'boy who cryed wolf' scenario. Basically it loses its effect and its hard to consider it as an entire fact. Where as most players have numerous people vouching for them it is currently only yourself vouching for him, we are all aware that your input is influential and accurate but im under then impression that you are obviously going to be biased on his behalf, as im biased on certain fish named players behalf =P.

as for him going close with people on the list, thats perfectly viable evidence. but theres alot of preussre to make the high seeds list atm and imo theres more evidence for other people to make the list above beast.

EDIT: as for lawrencelot im not sure he has actually been considered haha. He placed as well as me, swizzy,ed and craig and could potentially be a high seed. Who did you have in pools and brackets dude?

Aiko

Smash Champion
sorry lawrencelot, I did forget about you. I will consider this immediately.

VA: Beast will be put on the list of maybes, but even on that list, there isnt a guarantee he will be seeded. and tbh it doenst matter if he is seeded or not if its THAT marginal. he'll just be put in the same pool as the person he would replace as a seed.

to most people, and certainly alot of the marginal seeds, being seeded is just a title/bragging right. I only care about accurate results.

VA

Smash Hero
bleh whatever. I said to you before that beast has stepped up, he has and you haven't played him since october so how is that a short space of time? Also you saying that indicates that you don't get how people improve. it's not necessarily something that takes a long time, I've achieved some of my most drastic shifts over a couple of days :/

I didn't suggest beast for high seed either, I just said that he should be on the considered seed list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom