• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
I wish I could attend this tournament. Just curious, this is a two day tournament. Are a lot of people being housed by other smashers and going to hotels and stuff?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It fully depends on the amount of people that turn up.

Melee will very obviously be over 50 people looking at the confirmed list and plus everyone that isn't on the confirmed list.

But if it was 50 people with a £5 entry for the tournament then that's £250 in the pot and a certain percentage goes to a player depending on where they place

50 person tournament (this tournament will be more then that though)
60% - 1st - £150
30% - 2nd - £75
10% - 3rd - £25

Personally I predict this being for melee about 70 or more people though cos of all the random people and plus allll the people I know who are coming to this.

Cos if we look at this list done here which is on the first page and hasn't been updated for AGESSSS, there's alot more people since then who have said they are coming....plus people I know.

Melee Confirmed List - 53 people

Fuzzyness
Professor Pro
Alpha Dash
The Lust
Gantz
Last Dragon
Tails Chao
Biskin
Unreal?
FanDemz
Vanity Amgel
Beast
Swizzy
Jo3
Coey
Deathgazer
J3ly
KingNDJ
PMS
Tamoo
Clockmire/Dave
Hugo/Rustediron/Frugs
Kman
El Nino
Synpase
Chrisboi?
Edwin???????????
Frostbyte?
Yeniths
Willz
Brado
JJlinyard
JJFox
Calzum
Josh
LJ
Cheez
Crabman
Warning?
Aiko
Blinky
Intertia
Dacacia
Bullet Bill
Pickled Noob
Craiigg?
Jam5?
Bloodbowler?
AmcD?
NessySmashBros
Metriodfan
Harvs
Tuna
Smash ADDICT
ShiftingShadows28
Fortune Cookie

Whoelse needs adding on to this list.
Even if you're entering brawl add yourself onto this list as well.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol You entering brawl or melee or both.
And have you been to any tournaments or events or smashfests before.

Im just asking so you have an idea of the level of some of the people in the UK so you're not in tooo much shock when you come to the UK event lol.

Joe Man 77

Smash Cadet
im entering both, and winning both, nope this is my first tourny ever =p, ive wanted to enter a tourny all my life though, i figure i have a better chance in uk than us. know what im saying lol, is there no drinking allowed lol. not even a beer. No vid's yet, I main marth in melee

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Seriously, I would highly advise you not to get you're confidence a bit toooo far, it's all good having a good amount of confidence and stuff, but I think you will be dramatically suprized by the UK and you might not get as far as you expect so don't put your expectations to high lol.

And plus since this is your first tournament it means you've never felt tournament pressure which I guaurantee is gonna be nothing like you felt before and everyone feels it lol.

Who do you main in melee anyway, and any vids?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Addict's got this.

Anyway, as for housing, I'm housing crabman, shiftingshadows and fortunecookie.
I could maybe house one more cos my room's quite big but i'll probably leave it for last minute emergencies cos 5 in my room could be getting cramped :/
And don't worry, we're gonna have tonnes of pause matches SS lol ;)

What happened to that housing list? And people who need housing should speak up and be compiled to one list

Joe Man 77

Smash Cadet
is thereany bnb's around, or hotels near the place where its being held? i am brining a friend, he mains peach, I was just wondering if worst happens is there anywhere to camp

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Smash ADDICT - You should be getting housed, even though I don't know what's going on atm as Fuzzy hasn't said much on it lately.

It NEEDS to get organized cos we don't want it to be a thing on the day where people kinda start to panic and not know where they are going

The_Rake

Smash Lord
@ smash addict
yea seriously man, confidence is one thing but for your first tourney you have too much confidence id say. prof is right on it, your playing against the best in uk at melee and brawl

tbf everyone thinks theyre gona do well at their first because they beat all their friends where they live, blah blah. That was me this time last year. went to a tourney and realised that all these guys know exactly how to play in every situation and punish tiny mistakes. Seriously, if you do 1 thing too much then that is something that will be constantly turned on you!

Anyway....looking forward to seeing you again alex....i call the best bed/sleeping arrangement (im driving afterall)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol MM means 'Money Match'
So it's basically a bet.

Make sure you know the stage list for this tournament btw and the rules of counterpicking someone and who gets to change character first and all of that kinda stuff, it's on the first page.

And there's not really a LAST placement.
Basically you either get out of pools or you don't.

There will be approximately pools with 5/6 people in it.
There will be one of the best people in the UK in your pool and along with another really good person so basically one Top seed (the best person in the UK) and one High seed (a good person in the UK), seeds are invented so no top people end up playing each other during pools so a load of good people don't get knocked out.

Basically those 5/6 people in the pools will ALL have to play each other and the top 3 people who are basically the people who win the most games will proceed onto the brackets where the placements will start and we are doing a 32 man bracket so the placing IF you get out of pools will be 32 to 1st

And if you don't get out of pools it's just classified as you don't get out of pools so you don't get placed in the touanement and the majortiy of people don't get out of pools lol.

So I would set your target as getting out of pools as it's harder then you prob realize lol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Come on England, keep the paddies in pools! :mad:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
@ smash addict
yea seriously man, confidence is one thing but for your first tourney you have too much confidence id say. prof is right on it, your playing against the best in uk at melee and brawl

tbf everyone thinks theyre gona do well at their first because they beat all their friends where they live, blah blah. That was me this time last year. went to a tourney and realised that all these guys know exactly how to play in every situation and punish tiny mistakes. Seriously, if you do 1 thing too much then that is something that will be constantly turned on you!

Anyway....looking forward to seeing you again alex....i call the best bed/sleeping arrangement (im driving afterall)
lol everyone's getting the same sleeping arrangements!

Come on England, keep the paddies in pools! :mad:
You better come this time. :mad:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The housing needs to get sorted out.

I see it desperately happening at the end of the tournament atr GT2 and Fuzzy asking on the mic who can house while random people stand there not knowing where they are going to be housed.

VA

Smash Hero
pm pm ....pm pm.

I'm going to Europe soon! Europe Europe Europe...VA VA VA VA.

My confidence is building the more I watch Remen play.

VA

Smash Hero
the annotations and music make these enjoyable to watch...the smash was a little bit...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom