• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Good games to everyone that I played. Sorry about being soooo campy with lasers in tournament matches, but you have to be cheap to be good a smash lol.

Aiko- **** i need more practice against jiggs lol. my playing style is too aggressive and impatient lol. we had some good games.

Tuna- I was hoping youd go falcon for all your tournament games lol cos falcons is one of my best matchups, but your Dr Mario is pretty ****. Pill spamming was waaaay to much for me lol. We shouldve definately got some more games in.

lawrencealot- I quite enjoyed playing your sheik, i think i got lucky in the second game but you managed to win against me in the friendlies we had later. I hate camping with lasers but it has to be done in tournament matches. your sheik is probably one of the best sheiks I have played. keep it up.

Swizzy- we had some pretty intense games, your chaingrabs are really good but i guess falco vs ganon isnt really in ganons favour at all.

Beast- your sheiks improved alot. Im still pretty happy with the shines I did against you on battlefield haha.

TESCOS CREW- It was fun jamming with you guys and thanks to KING and PMS for housing me

will add more later when i can remember lol

If anyone is gna be near hertfordshire/ Milton keynes and wants to play some melee contact me on my facebook or something, or just add me if you want

http://www.facebook.com/DEATHGAZER

Kone

Smash Master
deathgazer - im having people round this wednesday in soutbridge. not massively far from you? train it over!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Starting note: I'm doing shout-outs later.

I've been playing Sheik for about a month Adam. Give her some time and you will see. ;) Also lol at the hair comment, Adrian's hair is amazing. ^o^ I think mine was just a weeny bit too long this tournament but I like it like this.

Hahahahahahahahaha
You should have heard this scrub making excuses on the train back home.

"I don't practice this game any more."
"I only had one chance before I got knocked out."
"My fingers were too tiny to reach all the buttons."

J03

Smash Master
Ill do full on shoutouts later/tomorrow but for now i just want to say thank you to

Pro, VA, Fuzzy and Edwin. Seriously guys you are all sooo good and make me feel like a total scrub and I need that motivation to get better. Travel to/from/around London was easy and im confident in making the trip by myself in future even if noone else can make it (i usually hate travelling alone). I intend to come down to play yall alot more frequently then at current because if i dont get ***** then i dont practise :).

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Starting note: I'm doing shout-outs later.

I've been playing Sheik for about a month Adam. Give her some time and you will see. ;) Also lol at the hair comment, Adrian's hair is amazing. ^o^ I think mine was just a weeny bit too long this tournament but I like it like this.

You should have heard this scrub making excuses on the train back home.

"I don't practice this game any more."
"I only had one chance before I got knocked out."
"My fingers were too tiny to reach all the buttons."
Best john ever :D

Jolteon

^Yup, definitely. xD

Also does anyone have a spare used pad they'd like to sell me? With working buttons and a loosened control stick, mine's taking absolutely forever to break into and I don't want to buy another one on eBay without feeling how it plays first. I guess maybe I could try fixing the Z button on my old pad though. :s

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool I never said the tiny thing.

I did say though I wasn't warmed up before the tournament which is true, I played a few friendlies and then in tournament all I played was Tuna and VA and I was in the losers bracket already due to Edwin giving me his place so I did only really get one chance in the tournament lol.

But yeah it was partially my fault for turning up 3 hours late even though I had a really good reason why I couldn't be there on time, but me not being there really did mess up my tourn game cos I went in unprepared and mentally ready even though VA did play really good.

But yeah people stop telling me on facebook and leaving me messages on facebook and msn about me placing 3rd and just following me around the internet world to speak to me about it lol, cos I made a mistake by not being able to get there on time to play properly and it cost me my placement.

Though I did just walk in the place...play two sets.....and place higher then nearly everyone loool :bee:

J03

Smash Master
^ rofl pro you legend.

noone wanted to disqualify you dude. I personally led the campiagn to hold on for late peeps but by 3 hours it was the only fair thing to do coz the bracket was lagging like ****.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
^ rofl pro you legend.

noone wanted to disqualify you dude. I personally led the campiagn to hold on for late peeps but by 3 hours it was the only fair thing to do coz the bracket was lagging like ****.
Yh I do understand about me being late and me being disqualified, I thought it was realllllly gay at the time but I never kicked up a fuss about it being unfair cos I understood why it happened and still kinda upset and wasn't FULLY satisfied with Edwin giving me his place even though I RIDICULOUSLY appreciate it cos he really didn't need to do that lol.

But I honestly do apologize for causing problems this tournament, that was never my main objective, though I must admit I do think VA has stepped up loads and the result might not of even been that different even if I did warm up lol and I think he can beat Fuzzyness and is prob more likely to beat him then me now despite Fuzzy's CONTINOUS serious claims that he doesn't think any of the matches were close despite it being 3-2 and to the last stock which me and Jolteon can never understand lol :confused:

But I am going to go on some consistency training cos I really do think my consistency is just dragging me down.

VA

Smash Hero
for fuzz to be within 1 stock of losing a set and say it wasn't close is rather silly...

I did train pretty hard for GT2, I actually used peach in friendlies, watched videos on the match ups and learnt how to combo a bit better. The reason I lose right now is because I am prone to losing concentration and focus. I WILL become effortlessly focused in the future, so Fuzzy needs to watch out saying matches aren't close because a day will come soon where he loses 3-0 to me.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Not to mention that in Winners Finals you were like 2-1 up and you had 2 stocks and he had 1 stock and you nearly won and then he cameback....

I must admit that's the one thing I don't like about Charles, his delluded ego lol, and he will come online later saying 'Hey guys I know it was a close match I was just joking, you lot can't take a joke' but if you heard him at the time he was literally being serious lol.

Anyway I might do shoutouts later depending on how I feel lol....I can only really shoutout for friendlies lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
was a good tournament. Thanks for running it Charles and Ant as well. I need to stp it up a LOT.

A big well done for me goes to VA and Swizzy not only for winning doubles but also for beating Charles and Prof cos that was seriously getting very boring.

Hoe4u- wattt!!! Stop losing to a melee player :laugh:

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Alpha Dash - my main man, sorry about pressing start lol couldn't control myself haha i still think we did well in doubles def gonna have to call on you again if my partner doesn't show up, but **** YOUR IE CLIMBERS!!! ****ing annoying lil ****s i gonna have to learn that match up properly soo i can give you a proper game next time.

Dacacia - you know what fair props to you, i felt like i should have won the set but you kept your head and i didnt sooo fair play. ima hopefully brush up on the marth match up next time, calm myself down and instead of foward-b'ing off the level twice in 2 games (NO johns) upsmash and win :)

J03 - wish i coulda played u a bit more other than that failure of a set lol next time it will be better gotta keep my head in the game lol

Bullet Bill - intense set....i had you scared :p (even if it did mean jack **** in the end)

PMS - sorry i didnt win ur 1st game lol i was really close tho... :D good games either way later with your mad different samus.

King - keep ya head up man u was sounding bare pesimistic about your link some of the time man, just gotta catch that break, dont forget you **** init i remember the first tournament i came to you beat fuzz reach that **** again man lol

Tamoo - i needs to brush up on the match up again ima a bit rusty from it im jjfox end up basically quiting jiggz from it lol ima catch up to your level again soon tho.

Aiko - speaking of jiggz had some real fun games against you man, intrestingly enough i found it more difficult to play tamoo's jiggz but hmmm ah well good **** in ur plaing and hope to get more games with you soon. also safe for help running the tournament made it go smoother than monthlies.

J3ly - confident as ever good to see you man, although our 1 and only friendly was half ***** as **** lol

Deathgazer - good **** this tournament man, nice to see you stopped sd'ing as much and it getting alot harder to gip your reovery which spells bad days for me but no doubt ima try and step it up and no doubt you will too always enjoy playing you man even if i get comboed to god knows how ever many percent.

Bishkin - your getting there man seen a huge improvment since we last played. i suggest getting more marth practise tho read-up on it or sumint also one thing dont be afraid to foward-b back to the stage the amount of times u let urself drop below the stage and upb'd then let me shine you for it was amazingly fustrating, u gotta switch it up from time to time but anyways hope too play you soon.

Brado - your jiggz plays lyk my mates jiggz but i like it even tho jiggz is gay....one thing i can say is ermmm dnt be afraid to rest, in the matches we had i saw many opportunities for u to do it but u didnt take them man lool.

Prof - unluck man for placing 3rd but u know what means that this scene may have just got a little more interesting. also ima **** ur falcon next time.

Gantz - played u a lil, ur fox plays weird o.0 but its intersting lol good games.

Fortune Cookie - lol just realised i love that name haha good games man, really needed to learn the match up of fox fox a bit more enjoyed playing it your fox is pretty **** legit lol hpe too play you again soon.

dunno who else i missing but whoever i saw and played good to see you guys and good games.

anyone around london or close to it when your having any fests hit me up cos i gotta step it up seriously, not getting outta pools was a joke and those who know me will know i deffinatley should, but u know u live and learn soo i learnt alot this tournament.

and yeah aiko if u wanna send me the 2 files that would be great
and anakn same to you :) ermmm anyways how wuld be great let me know yeah

otg

Smash Master
I'd like to see a link to the results thread (if there is one). GOOD **** TO MY BOY YANEEV (tuna). I knew he was going to go out there and **** all of you scrubs, dude isn't even close to the best in our crew, we would **** Europe. Nor is his Doc good at all, seriously I taught that scrub everything he knows.

Still tho, I'm glad he did so well, and hopefully you guys will never sleep on NY again.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
just got back from london great tourny was alot of fun il do shoutouts when i got more time also thanks for all the shoutouts

L-J

Smash Ace
Just got back to Bristol and am hella tired lol. Although at the time I was beating myself up a lot for my singles performance tbh i've realised I need to just need to get my head down and smarten up my game big time before the next one. GGs to everyone I played in tourney/MMs or friendlies. I cbb with lots of shoutouts but i'll do the few most important ones:

Hugo - thanks for housing me, unlucky about not making it out of pools man, you're getting better - just need to be more consistent and punishing when you create opportunites for yourself.

Tamoo - It was and (hopefully) will be a pleasure teaming with you. Apart from the final match against Frosty and Chrisboi I thought you were great and you needed to be cus I was going to pieces in some of our losers bracket games. I think we've gotta be happy with 5th as it was our first time teaming, plus considering how bad I was playing at points makes me really optimistic that with some practice together for those simple rest setups etc we'll be a VERY good team in the near future. As for singles, I really enjoyed our pools set even though it didn't end up meaning much as we both got out it was still intense and showed how close we are to eachother atm :)

Tuna - Your falcon *****.

Warning - ditto, and omg how much better have you gotten in the last few months! Beating me then Joe so easily shows how legit you are. If you learn other matchups like you've learned the fox one you'll be a serious force in the near future.

Ben - Don't let my disappointment at losing our set take away at all from your win - at the end of the day it's the winning that counts and you got the job done. Still, I was heartened by the closeness of it compared to say PH2 lol. Keep it up buddy.

Sean - Loved your pessimistic attidue to pools and how it helped you get out (especially as your pool was an absolute ***** from memory). Great stuff on getting out, you've improved way more than I have recently and cud've won our MM frankly, which was fun btw :)

Duncan - COOOOOMMMEEEBACK!!! lol, seriously I don't know how I won that pound but it must've mattered to me more than you ROFL. Again you've improved a lot since I last saw you and made me realise how much better I need to get.

EDIT just couldn't ignore OTG's post lol. a) UK is not all of Europe, b) Tuna didn't beat anyone in tournament who would be considered top 6 in the UK (although he didn't get to play all of them), c) please pretty please send your 'best' crew member over here to **** us all, d) Tuna this is not aimed at you, to reiterate I think your falcon is great :)

Jolteon

I'd like to see a link to the results thread (if there is one). GOOD **** TO MY BOY YANEEV (tuna). I knew he was going to go out there and **** all of you scrubs, dude isn't even close to the best in our crew, we would **** Europe. Nor is his Doc good at all, seriously I taught that scrub everything he knows.

Still tho, I'm glad he did so well, and hopefully you guys will never sleep on NY again.
I'm actually lol'ing hard, thanks.

VA

Smash Hero

Uhmm, what?

I'm coming to Apex...MM?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Brawl Top 16 Were:

1st: Calzorz (Snake)
2nd: Anakin (Marth)
3rd: Kira! (Falco)
4th: Willz (Falco/Metaknight/Snake)
5th: Fuzzyness (ROB/Metaknight)
5th: Jmiller (ROB/Kirby)
7th: Siri (Peach)
7th: Cloudrain (Fox)

9th: Teran (Falco)
9th: KillerJawz (Samus)
9th: P3 (ZeroSuit)
9th: G.P. (Ike)
13th: Joeman (???)
13th: Pafos (Olimar)
13th: Xatm (Marth)
13th: K.Mac (Metaknight)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
finally hauled myself onto the cpu, i am **** tired, which means i might even be going to bed this early XD
ill do shoutouts tomorrow, although i havent got many people to give them to, im not part of the crowd properly yet XP

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
hell yeah 5th with meta***git :D first time using in tourney too <3

Melee Results:

1st - Fuzzyness
2nd - Vanity Angel
3rd - Prof (Replaced Retroking from Loser's Finals 3rd best in UK!?!?
4th - Tuna (Retroking replaced prof when playing Tuna)
5th - AmcD, Aiko
7th - Jo3 on the smash forums, Deathgazer
9th - Swizzy, Bullet Bill, Lawrancelot (THE FOREIGNER), Warning
13th - Tamoo, L-J, J3ly, Alpha Dash
17th - PMS, Blinky, Beast, Professor Pro (DQ'd!!!), Dacacia, Shifting Shadows, Crabman, Fortune Cookie

otg

Smash Master
I don't need to prove anything lol. The fact that tuna placed 4th at a national shows how weak your region is. I love tuna to death, but out here we're nobodies in comparison to people who live 10 minutes from us. I would name drop, but I don't even have to

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
otg please gtfo lol, you have no idea how good the top 3 are, we don't want to hear you're boasting and supporting of your country in our tournament thread just because tuna came 4th and beat some of our players lol

"seriously I taught that scrub everything he knows."

fail.. he apparently learnt more from 1 day playing me lol, enough to beat amcd XD

also otg (OFF THE GROUND COMBO) :D

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
I don't need to prove anything lol. The fact that tuna placed 4th at a national shows how weak your region is. I love tuna to death, but out here we're nobodies in comparison to people who live 10 minutes from us. I would name drop, but I don't even have to
come down next year and ill **** you personally, since by then ill prob start playing melee seriously

otg

Smash Master
otg please gtfo lol, you have no idea how good the top 3 are, we don't want to hear you're boasting and supporting of your country in our tournament thread just because tuna came 4th and beat some of our players lol

"seriously I taught that scrub everything he knows."

fail.. he apparently learnt more from 1 day playing me lol, enough to beat amcd XD

also otg (OFF THE GROUND COMBO) :D
You are correct in saying that I have no idea how good your top players are (in fact from what tuna told me, you're all great, so I'm not hating). I'm just defending him because about a month or so ago a bunch of people were **** talking him saying he wouldn't place etc etc. And low and behold, a midlevel player from NY goes and gets 4th at a National.

Also, when I say "I taught him everything he knows" I mean in reference to using Doc. Cause you know, Im the "best.... doc?" and all.

Jolteon

no one said Tuna wouldn't place well, they just said they had no idea how good he was and he wouldn't beat the top 3.

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
Only 130? while i made 240 in ygo? LOL man u guys fail. paying like 40 to get here just for 90 profit.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly true, in the Kanye thread and earlier GT2 posts, mostly Prof and VA said there was no chance I'd make top 5 (citing the 100 quid bet Prof laid down to it ahah). But again, it's sort of an empty win without the participation of Chrisboi and Frostbyte, and the COMPLETE participation of Prof and Edwin.

I was happy with my performance against VA and Prof though. I think my set against Prof was the most fun I've ever had with this game :D VA is nasty also. I'm especially glad I got so much peach experience to take back with me :p

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Only 130? while i made 240 in ygo? LOL man u guys fail. paying like 40 to get here just for 90 profit.
i wouldnt have fort money was the main reason most people in the community play for....
i dunno who you are nor do i play brawl, but i hope sum1 ***** u soon.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Im just wondering, who watched Ooc's first doubles match against pen island? That game was fantastic.
If you didn't see it you may have heard myself pretty much screaming "Get Raked!" and "Pen Island" after we won the second match.

Jolteon

Not exactly true, in the Kanye thread and earlier GT2 posts, mostly Prof and VA said there was no chance I'd make top 5 (citing the 100 quid bet Prof laid down to it ahah). But again, it's sort of an empty win without the participation of Chrisboi and Frostbyte, and the COMPLETE participation of Prof and Edwin.

I was happy with my performance against VA and Prof though. I think my set against Prof was the most fun I've ever had with this game :D VA is nasty also. I'm especially glad I got so much peach experience to take back with me :p
yeah i should have said top 5 to be fair.

i wouldnt have fort money was the main reason most people in the community play for....
i dunno who you are nor do i play brawl, but i hope sum1 ***** u soon.
don't worry its happened to him already like 1 million times lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom