• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
omg u guys were mind rapists lol with the ps2 controller man almost ****ed us over lol

i wud lyk to add i enjoyed my time repping OOC for the day but HSAM all the way baby!!

The_Rake

Smash Lord
omg u guys were mind rapists lol with the ps2 controller man almost ****ed us over lol

i wud lyk to add i enjoyed my time repping OOC for the day but HSAM all the way baby!!
that control was so **** man xD
wasn't even ps2, was a ps1. its that much fail man xD
The ganon pawnch imitations were too pro too ;)

Me and Marni caouldn't believe it when we were told you guys were seeded afterwards, afterall we're unseeded brawlers. As if we came that close to winning. I have no idea why but my ganon does awsome on Pokefloats

VA

Smash Hero
Tuna was way better than what I expected. The doc match was lol, it kind of lulled me into a false sense of security. I thought he wasn't taking it seriously so when he came out with the falcon in game 2 I was like :/ oh. Game 3 I just played patient and waited him out.

It was cool though he took me a little by surprise. The tournament as a whole left a cheap taste in my mouth. There were not enough good players in the bracket. But whatever, no johns.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
my shout outs

deathgazer : whoa man you have become quite a beast with your falco haha always a pleasure to play you

Tuna : haha guess you showed UK how the us play smash haha good **** man . always fun playing you , teams was utter fail lol but it was so fun we wont get to see you again sucks man sucks

Fuzzyness : you dont really get much credit but congrats on placing 1st again must be hard playing falcon and pulling out wins . VA is setting his mark wont be long until you guys are having hella close games . same as always loving the falcon gimmicks

VA : armada jr ??!!?? haha good stuff man i loved ur reaction after you beat prof priceless you deserved your place in teams and singles i know you praticed hard haha . but go hard for apex uk ftw rofl man you are getting seriously consistent fuzzy better not take u lightly anymore

Prof : the real reason i gave you my place is that you was 3hrs late and still you came to a tournament haha i would have stayed home you deserved to enter but if you got warmed up oh man would have been some VA + fuzzy shaped body bags :)

Last Dragon + Gantz : lol just L-o-L

swizzy : i hate you grabbing me lol good **** getting me on 60+ each time haha UKs kage good job on the team place aswell

Chris + Frostbyte + kman : must have been wonderful playing COD on the weekend right e_e?

calzorz : just **** in human form wow man just soo hard to beat good **** you look more like snake each time

anakin lool the name : good **** in teams going undefeated nice one in singles too

kira : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264794

shifting shadows : i like your falcon alot man . 100% make sure you come to london ur a joy to be around

warning : moonwalk to knee moonwalk to grab moonwalk to tip :(

yeniths : no more sheik now , i liked our pool matches . soon you will be catching on to fair grab haha

lawrencelot : i love your sheik man its so gay for marth btw how much do you want for horsea bahahaa please come to UK again ^^

that guy who had TVC : man you make me look so bad at the game its horrible lol

mako : sorry i let you down in doubles i need to play more brawl but question is who with i have ******** free days :(

siri : i love your peach but you need to use some gimmicks with turnips you have alot of potential haha i like your tshirt alot 2 good.

that white marth i played : lol man your really amazing at the game i laughed so hard when u beat alpha dash 2 good

aiko : nice jigglypuff man keep it up . i never been rested in some time too good i loved our set

AMCD : you are the most funniest person ever always laugh around you i like your peach very much

J03 / Jo3 : shame i couldnt MM you , i dont think i played you at all haha i will remember next time around thanks for suggesting monopoly i had so much fun xD

gary : haha my steve vs your kazuya in tekken 5 was soo fun bahahahaaa juggles are so funny in that game

JJ : Edwin says : hey JJ wanna MM , JJ says : yeah sure in abit ( guy was never to be seen again where did you go man? ) haha i didnt play you once

Beast : loved our games ur a real cool guy always great playing a fun sheik haha

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Nice one Robby

Main problem people have with Tuna is he isn't a renowned player. It would be insulting for a 'no-name' american to come over and beat most of the UK, because that then suggests the UK is completely engulfed by the rest of the USA skill-wise.

:suess:

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
CLoud my deck is all shiny becos i have the cash to do so, i can make over 2k if i sold all my cards, but no i enter tourney get the cards from packs and sell them, u remmeber at homerton? a 5 pound tourney i pulled a 50 pound card and a 15 which i sold for 60 and 25 at another tourney, ya i made 80 profit taking a bus which is free to a different locals which took me 1 hour to get to.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
my shout outs

kira : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264794

lawrencelot : i love your sheik man its so gay for marth btw how much do you want for horsea bahahaa please come to UK again ^^

that white marth i played : lol man your really amazing at the game i laughed so hard when u beat alpha dash 2 good

ahaha

Kira - lol

Lawrancelot - "how much for the horsie" "HORSIE!!?!?!? YOU WANT MY HORSIE!?!?" "I want your horsie!!!!"

I wish I saw that sword dancing marth XDD

sup z, watching a game having a buzz?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
my bad edwin i had 3 money matches and i was looking for u before i left to get in the money match but i cudnt find u lol next time either way :)

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
i wouldnt have fort money was the main reason most people in the community play for....
i dunno who you are nor do i play brawl, but i hope sum1 ***** u soon.
O Hai Baby Boi, i am the great Kyoshi who main's Yoshi and Lucas at the last monthly i got out bracket's by just using Yoshi and beatin Siri which is the best Peach, due to the fact i dont play this game much but i still use the low tier's because it is fun, now stfu before i walk over you.

Kyoshi. Why would you use ONE tournament as an example? Why don't you try placing consistantly before you try chatting nonsense about beating Siri. I'd be more then happy to annihlate you with Ganondorf, in a MM or tourny.

Do not insult the players of this community when they have done nothing wrong to you.

Oh and Siri > You.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
KJ ****!

serious business here KJ, your match againt fuzzy was so unlucky. I think everyone watching wanted you to win, you did nothing wrong in that game. unfortunately fuzzy was able to hold it together. feel for you man :/

KJ ****!

serious business here KJ, your match againt fuzzy was so unlucky. I think everyone watching wanted you to win, you did nothing wrong in that game. unfortunately fuzzy was able to hold it together. feel for you man :/
I know man I know. I thank you, really I do ^^. I've just got to think of it as room to improve <3.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Even though I was disappointed in my placement (no thanks to you joe...lol jk), I really enjoyed the experience.

Thanks Fuzzy for housing and hosting, and Aiko for helping running too.

Shoutout to Aiko for teaming and generally being awesome.

Was good seeing all the regular people and new faces. Shoutout to you all.

Shoutout to all those who were at Fuzzys over the weekend, for the great games and experience overall, and for the fun game of monopoly lol. Also to gary for the great street fighter and tekken games.

Memorable moments:
Vega spam
Advance to NIDOKING!!! Horsea!! GARY ATTACKS!!!!! And Jail stalling.
Tuna, Amcd and Aiko getting top 5
Winners, Losers and Grand Finals
Rainbow SF2
Sliding Bair
Jo3 on da forums!

auroreon

Smash Ace
CLoud my deck is all shiny becos i have the cash to do so, i can make over 2k if i sold all my cards, but no i enter tourney get the cards from packs and sell them, u remmeber at homerton? a 5 pound tourney i pulled a 50 pound card and a 15 which i sold for 60 and 25 at another tourney, ya i made 80 profit taking a bus which is free to a different locals which took me 1 hour to get to.
Thats all well and good, and I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour.
But I think the key point you should really think about here is this; while you were selling your little bits of card for ludicrous amounts and fooling yourself into believing that you were enjoying playing with your little bits of card and the numbers printed on them, what were we doing?
We were playing a real game, one that actually requires user interaction and provides high mental stimluation by testing reflexs, strategy, reaction speed, applied knowledge, finger dexterity, muscle memory and adaptation under pressure.

Nice little sum of cash you made for yourself there, but in comparison to what one could easily make in the same amount of time its not very much at all.

In short: It should be pretty obvious that we don't play Brawl for financial reasons, we actually enjoy the game and are happy to spend money for the oppertunity to play with other good players.

L-J

Smash Ace
You are correct in saying that I have no idea how good your top players are (in fact from what tuna told me, you're all great, so I'm not hating). I'm just defending him because about a month or so ago a bunch of people were **** talking him saying he wouldn't place etc etc. And low and behold, a midlevel player from NY goes and gets 4th at a National.
Lol, you realise that the area of one American state will have far more smashers than the entire UK...? In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if New York city alone had more players than we do. UK is a small country which has been near the bottom of the European pile for a good while, and imo has only just started to do something about it. Also no one said Tuna wouldn't place, but some did say he didn't deserve a top seed and the reasons were valid (even if in hindsight he did deserve one). Oh, and he MAY even have gotten better since playing over here too shock horror. So yeah, no need for your crew/country pride in this thread k tnx lol.

VA: I agree that the UK is lacking people stepping up to challenge the top 3 and hopefully someone will do it soon, but just think how much of a better state the community is in than say 1 1/2 years ago. Example, at my first national (GGT1 where honestly I was so bad it makes me laugh just thinking about it) I got 9th.............lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I wanted Charles to win because he overestimated Rob's fuel tank like an idiot and I know if he lost he'd be *****ing about it for months (aka TKI vs GLadam).

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I know man I know. I thank you, really I do ^^. I've just got to think of it as room to improve <3.
try not to worry too much about it too much. I wish i was at your level, you are serious **** and its made so much worse with a low tier :/

On the plus side i'm making more headway with lucario and tlink. got some seriously gay edgeguarding with lucario now, along with my mindgame that forces people into a tipped fsmash. And the MTR combo of course

Plus dsmash gimps with tlink are too pro. Right andy? ;)

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
Auro stfu, u aint **** ok? And KJ ur wrong, i dont play a **** game with the OU character ok, i rate u alot becos u main samus and all the other kid's that use the low tier's but when people spam meta,falco,snake and the rest of the high tier's it makes tourney's boring as hell.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Auro stfu, u aint **** ok? And KJ ur wrong, i dont play a **** game with the OU character ok, i rate u alot becos u main samus and all the other kid's that use the low tier's but when people spam meta,falco,snake and the rest of the high tier's it makes tourney's boring as hell.
Well I think the level of competence displayed in your post removes any necessity for me to reply.
But Ixis would just like to ask why you are actually posting on smashboards?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I wanted Charles to win because he overestimated Rob's fuel tank like an idiot and I know if he lost he'd be *****ing about it for months (aka TKI vs GLadam).
true say, thanks for wanting me to win. not to mention I'd have been so gutted too XD

prof you need to practise again..playing against good people and slow down your game a lil to actually combo rather than doing some flashy stuff or things without thinking. I feel that my fox has a lot more thought involved to replace the slight lack of technical skill, if you get your confidence + consistency + combos + setups better then with your technical stuff it'd be much more scary. I felt this tourney when playing you in a money match it was too easy, unlike usually where I have a hard time and end up a stock behind I was pretty much ahead the whole time :s

Time to try!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Well I think the level of competence displayed in your post removes any necessity for me to reply.
But Ixis would just like to ask why you are actually posting on smashboards?
After failing miserably at the game Super Smash Brothers Brawl he has reverted to the role of forum troll.

true say, thanks for wanting me to win. not to mention I'd have been so gutted too XD

prof you need to practise again..playing against good people
np, I do root for you sometimes you know. ^_^

Hoe4u

Smash Cadet
was a good tournament. Thanks for running it Charles and Ant as well. I need to stp it up a LOT.

A big well done for me goes to VA and Swizzy not only for winning doubles but also for beating Charles and Prof cos that was seriously getting very boring.

Hoe4u- wattt!!! Stop losing to a melee player :laugh:
i only lost with fox and pit lol, but zelda on brawl+ is broken
when i went pikachu tho u cudnt win... and i was heavily sandbaggin cause i was avoidin usin QAC, thunder and my uair combos which u cudnt get out of :p GG's tho ur diddy has potential, buh use more glide tossin and you'll be too beast

Agreed with Aura. I like the fact that you rate me Kyoshi for using Samus, but please understand I don't use her because she's low tier. I'd use her if she was the best character in the game. I said this to Ixis, Aura, Calzorz and many others, and I'll say this again. I play Samus because she combos like a *****. That is the ONLY reason I play her. So don't complain about the high tiers, they can play who they want, you play Yoshi cause you like to play Yoshi.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
^ rofl, yeaaaaah

I main falcon in melee cause I enjoy him rather than wanting to win

decided to do that after losing in a european tourney and went my friendly char (falcon) agains Overtriforce haha

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Oh, I would like to announce that I am officially the best lucario main in the uk. Played a few other lucarios and beat them all, in particular KUan who, no offence, others said wasn't that great but was the best luc main in london. 2 stocked son. MTR combos are too good

and willz, it wasn't as boring as other lucario dittos you've seen me do, my luc is a lot more aggressive now

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I don't need to prove anything lol. The fact that tuna placed 4th at a national shows how weak your region is. I love tuna to death, but out here we're nobodies in comparison to people who live 10 minutes from us. I would name drop, but I don't even have to
Who is this guy?

Only 130? while i made 240 in ygo? LOL man u guys fail. paying like 40 to get here just for 90 profit.
Who cares... The people that won the cash arent complaining...

Im just wondering, who watched Ooc's first doubles match against pen island? That game was fantastic.
If you didn't see it you may have heard myself pretty much screaming "Get Raked!" and "Pen Island" after we won the second match.
Yeah it was funny, enjoyed it! I dont know about is being seeded though :S thats was the first time we ever teamed up.

You went Out Of Control when you took my stock after I said not to, I wanted to win it and rub it in Aikos face.

that control was so **** man xD
wasn't even ps2, was a ps1. its that much fail man xD
The ganon pawnch imitations were too pro too ;)

Me and Marni caouldn't believe it when we were told you guys were seeded afterwards, afterall we're unseeded brawlers. As if we came that close to winning. I have no idea why but my ganon does awsome on Pokefloats
Again, I dont think we were seeded... but good match anyway.

Lol, you realise that the area of one American state will have far more smashers than the entire UK...? In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if New York city alone had more players than we do. UK is a small country which has been near the bottom of the European pile for a good while, and imo has only just started to do something about it. Also no one said Tuna wouldn't place, but some did say he didn't deserve a top seed and the reasons were valid (even if in hindsight he did deserve one). Oh, and he MAY even have gotten better since playing over here too shock horror. So yeah, no need for your crew/country pride in this thread k tnx lol.

VA: I agree that the UK is lacking people stepping up to challenge the top 3 and hopefully someone will do it soon, but just think how much of a better state the community is in than say 1 1/2 years ago. Example, at my first national (GGT1 where honestly I was so bad it makes me laugh just thinking about it) I got 9th.............lol.
Yeah I agree that we do need to step it up but I also I agree that we as a community are finally making good progress. I could have done a lot better if I must say but come to think of it I'm now beating people consistantly, the same people who I used to get destroyed by, plus I was entered as a mid-seed (confusion). I totally agree with L-J bottom line is no-one gives a rats-*** if NY will destroy the UK players...

(shout outs later...)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
please people just ignore kyoshi (i mean like dont even respond lol) ive beaten the food stained boy with ganon so meh lol anywayz to more important peeps and matterz

Note *sadly i wont be quiting (fricken anakin) so yh ill be around*

shoutouts

Fuzz - Thanks for making this tourney possible i for one appreciate that xD and good shiz on your placing in melee. You dont know how much i wanted you to lose to KJ lol i was screaming for him to stall in the last 30 seconds!!!.

Calzorz - good shiz on placin first winning like a bill in total

Anakin - Good (fthrow) shiz (fthrow) on placing (Spike) 2nd. well done

Anakin/calz (team) - Too goodz, underfeated for the entire tournament lol

Willz - i got ya back didnt i lol. awesome games at the event, hope to play ya again soon p.s FU for that mk gimp lol

Teran - You dont know how much i wanted to meet ya and finally did. Awesome as a person and a fellow bird mainer ggs in friendlies and in smash64 lol p.s SMOKING IS BAD FOR YA!!

Cloudrain - you impressed me the most throughout this entire tournament, fricken stepped it up big time. was awesome seeing you there

KJ - The time when I NEEDED YOU TO STALL IT NEVER HAPPENED WTF. I was behind you the whole time, lol at beating an mk (80:20) matchup? gtfo of here lol

Kmac - Awesome seeing you again, and hell yeah you made it out of pools good ****!!

KMAC POOL SURVIVOR!!

Mako - Good shiz on making it to the event, and no problem for helping you in your smash game. Come by anytime xD

Jamz - The talk of the town xD your sonic is just too goodz, im saying it , ixis was saying it HELL EVERYONE WAS SAYING IT!!

Ill update this sometime later today or so as im tired lol xD

Calzorz

Smash Lord
edwins shoutout to kira was too good , thanks for the shoutouts , and yea great tourny fuzz was the best yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom