• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests every WEDnesday 5pm-midnight at UMBC

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
Arbalest, you can only get the Wii on-line with a router. Sounds like time you purchase one. I have one in my room. No, I'm not going to loan it to you, cause mine is uber amazing l33t and I paid too much for it. :p
lol yea i just found that out so i finally buckled down an got a 40-50 dollar router. i dunno how well it handles online gaming but i am online and my wii updated fairly fast

god i hope that this router isn't a P.O.S. cuz i dont wanna lag out of a brawl match, Ike is already slow enough, i dont want lag slowin me down even more

oh an UMBC, r u guys just gonna start playin brawl in the gameroom once it comes out or are u guys gonna keep playin melee (for nostalgic reasons lol)

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my Wii and play and stuff but only for competitive 1v1 or 2v2 matches. I'm not letting my game get swarmed into 4 player super madness. If you guys are gonna show up make a post :laugh:.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I can only seem to win all the time with marth. Personally, I think marth is the best character in the game and Ike is a somewhat close second. People tell me otherwise, though. It's harder to play well with the worse characters because I don't have my technical skills crutch to rely on. It's like playing without a bar in DDR!

Top 5 (at least for me):

Marth
Ike
King Dedede
Zero Suit Samus
Pit

I haven't played R.O.B. yet.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
No, but why would I play on-line when I have tons of people to play in real life?

Brawlfest this Thursday in the game room!
true lol imma try to be there this thursday. i was pretty crappy in melee but in brawl i may have a chance. so far i havent unlocked everyone, im tryna get everyone via the SSE
but of who i have now, my best so far
1. Pokemon Trainer (squirtle is by far the the most underrated player lol)
2. Link
3. Pit
4. Ike
5. Samus

Frozen

Smash Lord
I play Wario.

I Only play Wario.

My Wario is good.

Everyone money match my Wariooooooooo.

UMBC SS- DDR money match? I won't use a bar. And I haven't played in at least 9-10 monthsssssss

Endo

Smash Cadet
I'll be there this thursday as usual. I played brawl for several hours over the weekend, and am now completely devastated about the new falco. It felt like I was controlling a pile of ****.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I needz a ride. plz help. will dance for ride.

Is there a bus that works UMCP to UMBC during the weekdays I could take? That would be the ****. All of my projects this week are turned in by Thursday, so I'll try to get there.

EDIT: Oh, and I have no predictions for best characters, but trash characters are as follows.

Ike
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Mario

I'll still own you all with the Reverse Aether Stall, but Ike's complete trash. Still love him and Ganondorf though. I keep playing them hoping I'll find something that makes them less... trashy.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i cant make it thursday - but frozen i play wario also a bit (hes not that good tho, u need to find other chars)

i main fox i think -_-

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

Is there a bus that works UMCP to UMBC during the weekdays I could take? That would be the ****. All of my projects this week are turned in by Thursday, so I'll try to get there.

EDIT: Oh, and I have no predictions for best characters, but trash characters are as follows.

Ike
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Mario

I'll still own you all with the Reverse Aether Stall, but Ike's complete trash. Still love him and Ganondorf though. I keep playing them hoping I'll find something that makes them less... trashy.
WTF ike is really really good, are u ********? ganon is ok too, his forward b is awesome.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord

Ike
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Mario

Lol wrong person is wrong ... Mario's only flaw is his flood on certain chars Ganon is still decent Ike is good (have you not heard about azen !?) and i have no idea about jiggs yet

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
true lol imma try to be there this thursday. i was pretty crappy in melee but in brawl i may have a chance. so far i havent unlocked everyone, im tryna get everyone via the SSE
but of who i have now, my best so far
1. Pokemon Trainer (squirtle is by far the the most underrated player lol)
2. Link
3. Pit
4. Ike
5. Samus
Actually, several people from UMBC tell me how amazing squirtle is and how he counters marth.

I have yet to lose to a pokemon trainer, though. Only character that beats me (at all) which is ~20% of the time is Freakachu's peach. It's the same old mindgames, though I think marth counters her again because I won like the last 6 games in a row we played due to comboing her across the stage and her horrible up B.

I play Wario.

I Only play Wario.

My Wario is good.

Everyone money match my Wariooooooooo.

UMBC SS- DDR money match? I won't use a bar. And I haven't played in at least 9-10 monthsssssss
Wario isn't that great. I wouldn't even say he's top 5 in brawl from what I've seen.

I'll money match you in DDR or ITG either on a cobalt flux pad or at the arcade. There is an arcade at a movie theater in Catonsville, apparently. It's a DDR Supernova 2 Dedicab.

I'll be there this thursday as usual. I played brawl for several hours over the weekend, and am now completely devastated about the new falco. It felt like I was controlling a pile of ****.
I even heard that falco will be banned in tournaments due to his laser. I don't know if that's true or not, though.

Ike
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Mario

There might be some sort of Maryland commuter bus that goes between the two schools, but I know the UMBC transit doesn't go to UMCP.

Ike and Mario aren't that bad. I actually won my one and only game with ganondorf. I can win more often than I lose with ike. I really don't know how azen makes him amazing, though. lol... then again, I haven't had the game in my possession for a month.

i cant make it thursday - but frozen i play wario also a bit (hes not that good tho, u need to find other chars)

i main fox i think -_-
fox seems pretty decent. He might have some potential.

WTF ike is really really good, are u ********? ganon is ok too, his forward b is awesome.
X2

I feel bad using marth right now in brawl. Even though the people I play think marth isn't the best character in the game and that it's more balanced (that marth isn't as good as in melee... laf), I still feel slightly bad for using him. It's kind of like playing sheik in melee.

Frozen

Smash Lord
Lol it's not worth leaving UMBC to do a MM in DDR......

Aren't you a part of some DDR club, I mean I figured you guys played at UMBC >.<

And Plairnkk I don't know mannnnnnn, wario has incredible mind game potential. He's a Warior.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I'd love to be proven wrong. But the only video I could find of Azen's Ike, my Ike was faster. But it was an old video. If there's a newer one, please tell.

And I'll admit, putting Mario on there was to lengthen the list. I haven't really played as him at all and don't really know.

I'll try to find a transit bus or some sort of ride. If anybody has an extra seat in their car and is passing UMD, please help!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I main Ike, Lucario, and Sheik.

Ike is bad. Don't use him.

D

Deleted member

i use only ike, he's complete ****ing ****. KOs at 0, lives forever, mindgames so easy.

fox is amazing if you know a couple tricks.

lucario is only ok but he SHOULD win all online matches for free. He abuses wifi lag like crazy, and if you sudden death (easy on a 2 minute timer) you start in **** MODE @ 300%.

stressing once again that ike is really, really ****ing good. his edge game simply isn't fair.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ike is really good.

sheik isnt very good.

fox is definitely good. dair-->anything is ****

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Lol it's not worth leaving UMBC to do a MM in DDR......

Aren't you a part of some DDR club, I mean I figured you guys played at UMBC >.<.
Yeah, DDR Club goes on from 7-10pm in the game room on the big screen tv. We have two arcade modded cobalt fluxs and we use the tall chairs as a bar. I'll $10 MM you.

There is also a new DDR Supernova 2 Dedicab at a movie theater in Catonsville. It's $1 for three games and you can get in without buying a ticket.

AkaGoodguy

Smash Journeyman
yea, i like snake.
<_< it could be because like half his moves are explosives tho...
so for me
1) Snake
2) Pikachu
3) Ganondorf

pikachu is too good. down b is **** on a stick.

@omni- you should play okins ike. you'll have fun.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
im probably bringin my wii an my copy of brawl cuz i still havent beaten the sse. ill do a few 1v1s and 2v2s but i might need some help finishing off the sse, i had no idea the sse was gonna be THIS long lol

and after playin brawl competively last nite...Ike is so broken lol, he shouldnt be that powerful

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ike isnt that broken, ill show you guys how to **** ike. shielddropping>ike

im gonna come tonight when i get out of school...should be there like 830-9 til its closed. ill bring a tv/wii so i dont have to sit out, though i prolly won't be losing tooooo much.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yeah, sheild-dropping is key. The majority of Ike's game is mind-game based so you're always attempting to trick people into a smash or up-tilt, etc.

Lucario's sheilddrop game is awesome. So is Marth's.

Sheik isn't bad, but she isn't great. Idk, f-tilt --> up-smash is hawt, tho.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.. is another fest being thrown this Thursday... the 20th, i haven't been to a fest in Eons, and im on spring break now so... fest? O_o

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
poop i was gonna try and come thursday too...oh well...C3 this weekend!

not in any particular order...but my mains so far are:

Gannondorf
Olimar
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Ike
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer (sometimes)
Falco (sometimes)

Top Bottom