• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests every WEDnesday 5pm-midnight at UMBC

Endo

Smash Cadet
Yeah, brawl is fun but overall a disappointment: the game play is too shallow and online play is terrible. I went back and played melee for 30 min and creamed my pants with joy; definitely up for melee tomorrow.

I play Snake now. I figured if I'm gonna play a game totally different from melee, I might as well go all the way and play a totally different character. Also, I like blowing myself up.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
brawl is fun, but boring very quickly, online brawl sucks balls, and melee is the greatest game ever made.

i think im coming tom and if so ill be bringing a wii with brawl and melee. i will play all of you in melee all night long.

Frozen

Smash Lord
I'll probably have to leave early on again cause I'm going to Cyberden again for ITG2. Next week and future weeks to come I'm change the day to Wednesday, cause I never do anything on Wednesday night.
Eh, well I'm off on wednesdays, thursdays, and sundays....so that works for me too...

0r30

Smash Rookie
Wish I checked this part of the boards sooner, didn't know there were so many MD players around.

I would go, but I'm rideless.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
I hope more people will stay past 7pm this time cause me and Thumbswayup won't get there til 7.

Last Smashfest was some ****. Me and thumbs were the only ones there playing til 12am.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Yeah, sorry bout that last time Yoster. We had a few players there, but we all left early around 6pm. That's why I changed the day to Wednesday.

Bring a Wii if you plan to play Brawl. Also, bring a copy of smash, memory card, and cube if you have one. I have a cube, but I've recently lost my video cables AND my spare memory card.

Endo

Smash Cadet
Son of a...totally forgot that it was moved to wednesday. Well, I'll be there next week.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if anyone wants to come play tonight im having a fest at my apartment in frederick

melee/brawl/whatever

alcohol probably involved.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I'll be there from 5-7:30ish.

However, this is my last week playing smash (on a regular basis). I've moved on to other things, and unfortunately Brawl doesn't hold my interest. Therefore, this is my last week officially holding a smashfest. People can still meet at UMBC to play or whatnot, it doesn't make any difference to me. I just won't necessarily be around.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'll be there from 5-7:30ish.

However, this is my last week playing smash (on a regular basis). I've moved on to other things, and unfortunately Brawl doesn't hold my interest. Therefore, this is my last week officially holding a smashfest. People can still meet at UMBC to play or whatnot, it doesn't make any difference to me. I just won't necessarily be around.
ZOMG NO MORE SUPER SMASHER OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND: BALTIMORE COUNTY.. WHAT WILL WE EVERR DO????

Jay kay, that sucks dan, why does brawl have to blow so much taint? /wrists

hova

Smash Champion
ZOMG NO MORE SUPER SMASHER OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND: BALTIMORE COUNTY.. WHAT WILL WE EVERR DO????

Jay kay, that sucks dan, why does brawl have to blow so much taint? /wrists

shut ur mouth boy, you're the one that blows taint

i like brawl, but hate the way most people play it. i also had this problem when first playing melee.

I can't wait til Mario Kart comes out, that game is perfect for online with anyone

come smash loser

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
greg is coming over to play brawl soon, and kaiser/chinesah probably tonight. maybe a few more. festage at my apartment?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
bad for someone who's been playing a year, or bad in general? either way i've improved greatly since i played you. i was consistently beating hat's marth yesterday, but maybe you think hat sucks too lol. i've gotten way better at brawl also. play my diddy sometime :)

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter how good anyone is at smash. It's a game, and when you stop playing it you'll realize all that matters is how much fun you had playing it. People are better off being mediocre in smash and spending more time getting good at things that really matter.

/rant

Top Bottom