• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No. Sorry.

I mean, if they have the time, it'd be nice to have online, but if it means that less effort is spent on the actual game...

Well, I'd rather have a really good game without than an okay game with online. That's what Halo is for.
Or you could wait an extra month or so and get the exact same game except with online capabilities... its okay for some people who have smashers near them but i would have to do A LOT of traveling just to find someone to face!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I feel terrible for people outside of the US. Move here and enjoy the tournaments!!!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
When its the last place on Earth maybe!

But yhea without online i couldn't even face my clan members!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i was just saving their feelings with the Maybe...

But O noes who would run the N Sider forums!!?? [/Sarcasm]

America , Canada's shoe!

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Yhea i was just saving their feelings with the Maybe...

But O noes who would run the N Sider forums!!?? [/Sarcasm]

America , Canada's shoe!
Saving OUR feelings?

I'll remember that when I'm playing SSBB and you're waiting for the European release date.

Canada's shoe? so that would mexico...?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Mexico can be the heel of the shoe... BUT ENOUGH!

Back to online! (And while your playing smash i live safe in the knowledge that my country isn't being run by a man who has the brain of a 7 year old... actually thats harsh... to the 7 year olds).

Yhea online for teh Brawl!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I don't even give a **** about england so i don't care XD

Yhea Online in brawl it teh roxz!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
lol your going all out on this wiseguy...good job man i admire you for this

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I admire him to, in the "I hope you realize this will accomplish nothing and I hope you aren't just doing this for some kind of e-popularity" kind of way.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*Gasp*

Are you trying to insinuate something sir!? HOW DARE YOU!

*Slams door*

XD But yhea you don't think Nintendo would screw with us this bad? well how long have you know Nintendo then!?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I admire him to, in the "I hope you realize this will accomplish nothing and I hope you aren't just doing this for some kind of e-popularity" kind of way.
Naw, this is just an outlet for my paranoia - not a pitiful attempt at e-popularity.

As for if it will accomplish anything, who's to say? I'm positive that we'll get our concerns voiced in Nintendo Power this month. That will at least increase generate some negative press. And if other gaming publictions pick up the story... well, whose to say.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yay, I'm sure Nintendo Power would convince Nintendo to make sure they have online play in Brawl, which we still don't know anything about and could very well (and probably is) already in the game! Magazines have so much clout when it comes to the games developers overseas and we are sure to see some action from Sakurai!!
[/sarcasm]

The game is pretty much done, a deadline has been set, and the game is in the final stages of developement. If they will have online, it will, but this won't do anything about it. If you started this up a year ago, then *maybe* it would have made a difference, but Nintendo would be confused that you sent them letters about something they were adament about having at the time :-P.

I really doubt Nintendo would make the mistake to not have online play. They might have hit some snags, and they might not have wanted to talk about it at E3, but they aren't dumb. For all those still worrying, go to this thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112039

[edit]
Oh yeah, almost forgot about something. Negative press?? NEGATIVE PRESS?? I don't think that a magazine who is funded by the company making the game will release a letter from one of your ragtag group about something that you are "ASSUMING." Nintendo Power knows a lot more about this than you do more than likely, and if they responded it would simply be paragraph about why you shouldn't assume too much seeing how there is NO proof that Nintendo has even thought about dropping online play.

In fact, I doubt they will answer this nonsense at all, because unlike most people, they aren't trying to hardcore analyze Nintendo's EVERY MOVE when it comes to Brawl. Most people don't suspect that there is anything wrong, nor should they think this, and to post something from people who do would place a little bit of doubt in the Nintendo Power readers in regards to Brawl's online play.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yay, I'm sure Nintendo Power would convince Nintendo to make sure they have online play in Brawl, which we still don't know anything about and could very well (and probably is) already in the game! Magazines have so much clout when it comes to the games developers overseas and we are sure to see some action from Sakurai!!
[/sarcasm]

The game is pretty much done, a deadline has been set, and the game is in the final stages of developement. If they will have online, it will, but this won't do anything about it. If you started this up a year ago, then *maybe* it would have made a difference, but Nintendo would be confused that you sent them letters about something they were adament about having at the time :-P.

I really doubt Nintendo would make the mistake to not have online play. They might have hit some snags, and they might not have wanted to talk about it at E3, but they aren't dumb. For all those still worrying, go to this thread:

[edit]
Oh yeah, almost forgot about something. Negative press?? NEGATIVE PRESS?? I don't think that a magazine who is funded by the company making the game will release a letter from one of your ragtag group about something that you are "ASSUMING." Nintendo Power knows a lot more about this than you do more than likely, and if they responded it would simply be paragraph about why you shouldn't assume too much seeing how there is NO proof that Nintendo has even thought about dropping online play.

In fact, I doubt they will answer this nonsense at all, because unlike most people, they aren't trying to hardcore analyze Nintendo's EVERY MOVE when it comes to Brawl. Most people don't suspect that there is anything wrong, nor should they think this, and to post something from people who do would place a little bit of doubt in the Nintendo Power readers in regards to Brawl's online play.
QFT 5000x.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Awesome! Mookie's back. Someone to keep me on my toes...

Glad you agree.

[/sarcasm]
Ooohhhhh... I get it. Most clever.

Yeah, I know it won't accomplish much - but it might get people outside our little forum talking about the issue. And that is something, though probably nothing too significant.

Consider GTA 4. It had a set release date for over I year (i believe) and yet was just delayed this week, mere months before release. So, in theory, it is possible to delay Brawl if need be. In theory.

That link does give me a bit of hope, but I'd be lying if I said I was convinced. I've read Sakurai's comments - and he was far more kryptic than Nintendo Europe implies.

I hope this is a positive sign, but it's just as likely that the person who wrote that has the same information we do.

[edit]
Oh, I don't doubt that NP will sugar coat it. "We don't know. Watch the Dojo updates." But it's possible that other outlets, ign or 1up for example, might read that and run stories about how Brawl's online is still in question.

Or not. Maybe it will go completely unnoticed. But, at least when and if Brawl is released without online we can say we tried SOMETHING.

Have you read some of the letters they respond to? In Pulse, they reply to a ton of letters covering the most asinine topics. We sent well over a hundred emails their way, so I'd be pretty surprised if at least one didin;t make it into pulse.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Consider GTA 4. It had a set release date for over I year (i believe) and yet was just delayed this week, mere months before release. So, in theory, it is possible to delay Brawl if need be. In theory.
I'm not saying Nintendo couldn't delay it any further, I'm just saying that THIS won't be the cause of the delay. Hell, they may even delay this for online play, but it won't be because of this petition/mass emailing. That said, I doubt there will be a delay, seeing how far along the game is and how they probably are just working out the kinks right now in beta testing.

Oh, I don't doubt that NP will sugar coat it. "We don't know. Watch the Dojo updates." But it's possible that other outlets, ign or 1up for example, might read that and run stories about how Brawl's online is still in question.
I'm thinking ign and 1up aren't going to make a story based off of an email in Nintendo Power. I'm very certain that they would get their own stories that... you know... have more merit than an email to an opposing game magazine.

Or not. Maybe it will go completely unnoticed. But, at least when and if Brawl is released without online we can say we tried SOMETHING.
Or you can say that you just wasted your time, which is what you are doing.

I'm sorry that I'm not naive. Wait... no I'm not :-P.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm not saying Nintendo couldn't delay it any further, I'm just saying that THIS won't be the cause of the delay. Hell, they may even delay this for online play, but it won't be because of this petition/mass emailing. That said, I doubt there will be a delay, seeing how far along the game is and how they probably are just working out the kinks right now in beta testing.
I'm not delusional enough to think that a few emails will be enough to get Nintendo to give us the time of day. But all it takes is one too many straws to break a camel's back. My point being, if Nintendo thinks that this could generate alot of bad publicity, (not just from us, but from gamers in general) they might change course.

I'm thinking ign and 1up aren't going to make a story based off of an email in Nintendo Power. I'm very certain that they would get their own stories that... you know... have more merit than an email to an opposing game magazine.
1up.com and ign.com often post a quick headline in their news section when Nintendo Power reveals new details on a high profile release or gets the scoop on a release date. Whether or not they do so in this case will depend on whether the response reveals anything substancial.

I know it's a long shot, but I think it's worth a try.

Or you can say that you just wasted your time, which is what you are doing.

I'm sorry that I'm not naive. Wait... no I'm not :-P.
To each their own, Mookie. If you have better things to do, then you don't have to sign the petition or write an email. It's a free coun- er... internet.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wiseguy, you fail at life. I was about to post a large response, but I just had guests arrive. I'll be back. >_>

SSB_FANATIC

Smash Rookie
The thing is, Brawl Online is so wanted. If I were Sakurai, I would surprise everyone. So, there already is online, he just wants to surprise us with having online in the game..

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
At this point I would assume it is most likely going to have online. Why else would reggie and other Nintendo reps refuse to answer if it does or not? There is no legality issues with just coming out and saying it won't.

But if it will be online I am sure Sakurai and the dojo has full rights to releasing that news. Seriously though, why would Miyamoto keep saying he can't answer. If it isn't going to have online, at this point, they would just say it doesn't.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
At this point I would assume it is most likely going to have online. Why else would reggie and other Nintendo reps refuse to answer if it does or not? There is no legality issues with just coming out and saying it won't.

But if it will be online I am sure Sakurai and the dojo has full rights to releasing that news. Seriously though, why would Miyamoto keep saying he can't answer. If it isn't going to have online, at this point, they would just say it doesn't.
Good point, PitIcarus.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The thing is, Brawl Online is so wanted. If I were Sakurai, I would surprise everyone. So, there already is online, he just wants to surprise us with having online in the game..
I sure hope so. If online were revealed in tommorow's update (unlikely, but possible) I would be sooooo happy.

Still, I think it's fair to ask... if it's supposed to be a secret why did they basically confirm Brawl when it was announced?

I must disagree. If online has been scrapped (or if it is uncertain as to whether it can be included) then it makes perfect sense to say nothing about it for as long as possible. Every day that people assume that Brawl is online is another day that unsuspecting gamers buy Wiis in anticipation of online Brawl.

(I hope I'm wrong. :()

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
If you're really serious about protecting Brawl's online functions, add this code to your signature!:

HTML:
[code][size=3][color=darkred][b][i][u][URL=http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109475]SMASHERS UNITE! Brawl's Online Multiplayer is in Jeopardy! Do You Care Enough to Act? For the sake of every Brawl fan out there, and for the sake of the future of Nintendo, click this link, lest all Nintendo fall and Brawl become the curse of all games![/url][/u][/i][/b][/color][/size][code]
When done, it'll look like this!:

Code:
[size=3][color=darkred][b][i][u][URL=http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109475]SMASHERS UNITE! Brawl's Online Multiplayer is in Jeopardy! Do You Care Enough to Act? For the sake of every Brawl fan out there, and for the sake of the future of Nintendo, click this link, lest all Nintendo fall and Brawl become the curse of all games![/url][/u][/i][/b][/color][/size]

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
If you're really serious about protecting Brawl's online functions, add this code to your signature!:
Code:
[size=3][color=darkred][b][i][u][URL=http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109475]SMASHERS UNITE! Brawl's Online Multiplayer is in Jeopardy! Do You Care Enough to Act? For the sake of every Brawl fan out there, and for the sake of the future of Nintendo, click this link, lest all Nintendo fall and Brawl become the curse of all games![/url][/u][/i][/b][/color][/size]
Dude, you rock!

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
There, fixed mah code. :p Had to post another post so people know I edited it! =P

PS. If you want it a bit more stunning, I'd use color red instead of darkred, and size 4 or 5.

- Net

goodkid

Smash Lord
I just received my reply from Nintendo of America, and they said to check the official website lol! In the email I talked about pleasing millions of gamers and Nintendo received money and praise. They must think I'm dumb. I guess Brawl will be online, Nintendo is smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom