• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yet somehow I managed to get my Computer Science BA.

Don't be pissy because I pointed out that you continually make insane length posts.
See the underlined text.

Congratulations! Nobody gives a ****.

If you don't wanna read these insanely long posts, then don't. It's as simple as that.

Smooth Criminal

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
See the underlined text.

Congratulations! Nobody gives a ****.

If you don't wanna read these insanely long posts, then don't. It's as simple as that.

Smooth Criminal
Yet the underline text was used to disprove his theory of me not being able to comprehend the words in the post.

And clearly I don't read his posts. But I would prefer to not have to scroll twice just to get past one post, and then come across 4 more like it. Especially when it is more so a two-person discussion.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yet the underline text was used to disprove his theory of me not being able to comprehend the words in the post.

And clearly I don't read his posts. But I would prefer to not have to scroll twice just to get past one post, and then come across 4 more like it. Especially when it is more so a two-person discussion.
Pony up and deal with it. They have as much of a right to post their **** as the next person on these bloody boards. Unless, of course, there's a rule somewhere stating that the mods dole out infraction points to individuals that are on-topic and have a lot of ground to cover.

Oh, that's right. There isn't a rule for that. Anywhere.

I suggest you get comfortable with the wheel on your mouse that helps you scroll through pages.

Smooth Criminal

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Pony up and deal with it. They have as much of a right to post their **** as the next person on these bloody boards. Unless, of course, there's a rule somewhere stating that the mods dole out infraction points to individuals that are on-topic and have a lot of ground to cover.

Oh, that's right. There isn't a rule for that. Anywhere.

I suggest you get comfortable with the wheel on your mouse that helps you scroll through pages.

Smooth Criminal
Wow if you get this pissy on a forum I know you have to be a cutter in real life to deal with all that pain. I never said it was against the rules. Hence why I made a request.

I am really intimidated by your e-thugness though. I promise I really am!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Wow if you get this pissy on a forum I know you have to be a cutter in real life to deal with all that pain. I never said it was against the rules. Hence why I made a request.

I am really intimidated by your e-thugness though. I promise I really am!
I guess I'm the billy badass of the Smash Boards and an emo kid to boot. Go figure.

Well, you could've at least been a prick via PM with your "love letters" comment rather than waste space on the thread.

Smooth Criminal

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Havent really read much other than the first post. I signed the petition and wrote an email to Nintendo Power, I thought that I might as well share what I e-mailed to them:

To tell you the truth, the biggest reason i got a wii was the fact that I thought I would be able to play Super Smash Bros Brawl online. If this doesnt happen I'll lose all faith that I've ever had in Nintendo. I thought this was confirmed but didnt hear brawl or online in the same sentance at the e3 conference where Reggie claimed that the online was already good and there. So is Brawl online or not? The lack of Nintendo shouting from the mountain tops that brawl is online is dissapointing.

On a side note I'll also mention some other things that annoy me about the Wii's so called online so far. First of all, friendcodes are simply ridiculous. Especially with games like mario strikers that dont even have voice chat, so what are you tryin to protect them from? Friend codes are a huge hastle and all they do is hinder the quality on Nintendo's online capabilites. Making them less more enjoyable then both playstation and xbox online. In fact with the friend codes, Nintendo has no chance of competing with xbox with online let alone the still far distant playstation if they keep in friend codes.

Second, voice chat is something that is needed, yes needed for a true online expierence. The lack of being able to talk with your friends makes the online aspect less more enjoyable. I'm not doubting that Nintendo will have voice chat, but they shouldnt have started with online without voice chat in the first place. So is voice chat ever going to happen on the wii? If brawl is online, will voice chat make it in time for Brawl? These are all crucial questions that are important to the future of Nintendo, for as they claim the casual gamer is all they need, that is far from it. The hardcore gamer is what moves system sales, the hardcore gamer is what will keep a company alive like when nintendo had a rough time with gamecube. Yes, casual gamers will buy the console, but may only buy a couple games a year whereas the hardcore will buy MANY games over the course of a year. And the hardcore gamers NEED online and voicechat with brawl for them to truly believe that nintendo really does care about them.

Sorry for going on so much of a rant but this is stuff that needs to be addressed.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Smash Fan

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
Actually he's not. It was promised, even gaming mags make reference to it. Here's straight out of the August 07 issue of EGM (the one about soul Calibur)
"Nintendo's iconic cast may look cute and cuddly, but watch out-someone like princerss Peach can knock the piss outta Mario. This third installment in the Smash Bros. series steps it up in every way, as Brawl features a host of new characters (such as Pit from Kid Icarus, Wario and Metal Gear's Solid Snake), power-ups, and ever changing stages. Even the audio is receiving a major upgrade, with more than 35 of the industry's top musicians-which includes such talent as Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger), Yolo Shimomura (kingdom Hearts), and Yuzo Koshiro (ActRaiser)-working on the games soundtrack. But it's the promise of online play that's got us itching to step into Brawl's arena(the developer's promise of not overdoing the Wii-mote wigglin' and wagglin' also helps).

Is EGM just making that up as well?
Edit: (Oh and I love how you referred to me as "Not Wiseguy". I got a laugh outta that.)
See, the problem is they aren't quoting someone, which means they are behaving like everyone else and taking the suggestion of online gaming out of context to justify the promise of online gaming story.

And sorry about not referencing you properly. I forgot what your name was while I was typing, and I actually wrote Wiseguy at first. In a quick edit, I just tossed in the "not". :p

bored said:
I also think I read somewhere that if brawl has wifi capabilites that there will be no ranking systems -_-
Again, it was said that they would try for online, and developing a solid ranking system might be too much of a hurdle to accomplish.

Wiseguy said:
I guess that's where we differ. I love my Wii, and this fall's lineup looks incredible - but I'm what you would call a Smash Bros fanatic first and a gamer second. When I sacrificed 300 bucks for a Wii, I was investing in a new Smash Bros player. Zelda, Metroid and the like were just added bonuses.

And yes, Pikmin owns! Perhaps my favorite single player series, though it's virtually tied with Prime 1&2. The lack of Pikmin 3 at this year's E3 crushed my spirit...
Tsk tsk tsk. Smash Bros. isn't all there is to gaming. There is so much more.

And I know Pikmin owns. Captain Olimar is awesome, and I pray every night that he will appear on the Dojo website the next morning.

Don't let the absence of Pikmin 3 at E3 crush your spirits. For this holiday, Nintendo is hemmoraging exclusives. Give Pikmin 3 some time to be amazing. Maybe it will have online treasure and hunting challenges with your amassed Pikmin hoards.

Wiseguy said:
I exagerate, but if we learned shortly before release that there was no online, alot of loyal Nintendo fans would be outraged. Okay, Mr. Technical?
The surprising thing is they get over it. They always do. Star Fox Assault was once rumoured to have a co-op mode. I thought - having three other siblings - this might be a nice feature. But it was tossed. The Gamecube had a LAN connector to allow online play. But, rather than use it, it was ignored (and still sold for huge bucks). These things disappointed people, but they get over it. And with something like Brawl, you know they'd get over it quick enough.

Wiseguy said:
Yes, but if voters weren't outraged every time a politiicna breaks their word our elected officials would be under no pressure to get results. Besides, our friends in Ottawa get their feelings hurt, they can always lick their wounds with their six figure salaries.
I didn't know you were Canadian until you said that. I expected to look up and see your location listed as the same city I'm in...then I would have been surprised to find you were someone down the hall.

But you're in the Maritimes. My mind is at peace.

SpicierMoMo, again, that is Matt C. and his colleague talking. It isn't a quote from anyone. Believing what they say as verification would be like believing those fake screenshots of Toad to be real.

Devastlian said:
Alright, the quote from Mr. Iwata: "One or two Wi-Fi games will be ready for launch and I am pushing our teams to make sure Smash Bros. is one of them."
Exactly. Non definitive, as you said. Which is the point.

VagrantWade said:
Wow if Granite and WiseGuy want to write love letters to eachother, can they please just do it in PM?
Hey wow..., you know, you don't have to read all of this.

Wiseguy said:
Ouch. That kinda destroys a large of my argument right there....

Sorry Granite. Guess I did overstate my case. Nintendo never technically promised that Brawl would be online.

But they sure as heck BETTER! Phase 4 of my campaign involves torches and pitchforks.
Hurray. No we're no longer holding Nintendo to false promises, which was initially all I wanted. But, yeah, they had better have online. :p

Alright, well, I guess we've hit a break in the whole thing. So, I'm going to stop. This will make a much shorter post for VagrantWade to stomach.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Yet somehow I managed to get my Computer Science BA.

Don't be pissy because I pointed out that you continually make insane length posts.

a BA in CS...nice man...that is what i'm trying to get..i'm 7 classes a way from getting mine...cant wait... just curious, have you got a programming job??

when brawl comes out ill be practically down to 3 more classes and just to have to play it online to celebrate!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Havent really read much other than the first post. I signed the petition and wrote an email to Nintendo Power, I thought that I might as well share what I e-mailed to them:

To tell you the truth, the biggest reason i got a wii was the fact that I thought I would be able to play Super Smash Bros Brawl online. If this doesnt happen I'll lose all faith that I've ever had in Nintendo. I thought this was confirmed but didnt hear brawl or online in the same sentance at the e3 conference where Reggie claimed that the online was already good and there. So is Brawl online or not? The lack of Nintendo shouting from the mountain tops that brawl is online is dissapointing.

On a side note I'll also mention some other things that annoy me about the Wii's so called online so far. First of all, friendcodes are simply ridiculous. Especially with games like mario strikers that dont even have voice chat, so what are you tryin to protect them from? Friend codes are a huge hastle and all they do is hinder the quality on Nintendo's online capabilites. Making them less more enjoyable then both playstation and xbox online. In fact with the friend codes, Nintendo has no chance of competing with xbox with online let alone the still far distant playstation if they keep in friend codes.

Second, voice chat is something that is needed, yes needed for a true online expierence. The lack of being able to talk with your friends makes the online aspect less more enjoyable. I'm not doubting that Nintendo will have voice chat, but they shouldnt have started with online without voice chat in the first place. So is voice chat ever going to happen on the wii? If brawl is online, will voice chat make it in time for Brawl? These are all crucial questions that are important to the future of Nintendo, for as they claim the casual gamer is all they need, that is far from it. The hardcore gamer is what moves system sales, the hardcore gamer is what will keep a company alive like when nintendo had a rough time with gamecube. Yes, casual gamers will buy the console, but may only buy a couple games a year whereas the hardcore will buy MANY games over the course of a year. And the hardcore gamers NEED online and voicechat with brawl for them to truly believe that nintendo really does care about them.

Sorry for going on so much of a rant but this is stuff that needs to be addressed.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Smash Fan
Well done. It's well thought out arguments like this that have the strongest chance of getting published in Pulse.

Tsk tsk tsk. Smash Bros. isn't all there is to gaming. There is so much more.

And I know Pikmin owns. Captain Olimar is awesome, and I pray every night that he will appear on the Dojo website the next morning.

Don't let the absence of Pikmin 3 at E3 crush your spirits. For this holiday, Nintendo is hemmoraging exclusives. Give Pikmin 3 some time to be amazing. Maybe it will have online treasure and hunting challenges with your amassed Pikmin hoards.
Oh, I still play a bunch of other games. Some of my favorite series are Metroid, Metal Gear, Zelda, Pikmin, Tales and Dragon Quest. I just happen to love Smash Bros more than all of those games combined.

Olimar MUST be included in Brawl. He is by far the newcomer I most want want to see announced.

I suppose I can wait a bit longer for Pikmin 3, what with all the must buy games coming out in the coming months. Let's hope Miamoto get's to work on it once he's done clowning around with Wii Fit.

The surprising thing is they get over it. They always do. Star Fox Assault was once rumoured to have a co-op mode. I thought - having three other siblings - this might be a nice feature. But it was tossed. The Gamecube had a LAN connector to allow online play. But, rather than use it, it was ignored (and still sold for huge bucks). These things disappointed people, but they get over it. And with something like Brawl, you know they'd get over it quick enough.
There is a pretty huge difference. Assault is a game that people play for a few weeks before moving on to something else. Brawl is a game that will played by many people continuously for YEARS to come. You think no online would be a letdown in 2007? In a couple years, it's going to be downright embaracing.

Hurray. No we're no longer holding Nintendo to false promises, which was initially all I wanted. But, yeah, they had better have online. :p

Alright, well, I guess we've hit a break in the whole thing. So, I'm going to stop. This will make a much shorter post for VagrantWade to stomach.
Fair enough. Well debated Granite.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
Olimar MUST be included in Brawl. He is by far the newcomer I most want want to see announced.

There is a pretty huge difference. Assault is a game that people play for a few weeks before moving on to something else. Brawl is a game that will played by many people continuously for YEARS to come. You think no online would be a letdown in 2007? In a couple years, it's going to be downright embaracing.
I've still got my fingers crossed for Olimar. I made three predictions for people that I thought were guaranteed to get into Brawl a few years ago: Wario, Pit, and Olimar. If Olimar gets in, I'm 3 for 3. Plus, Olimar rocks.

And actually, I played Assault for a long time with my friends. It has reasonable multiplayer (if you set the games up right), which can make it a really laid back, but still fun, game. My problem with co-op missing was that any game with co-op I get incredible replay value out of. I have three siblings, many cousins, and a whole lot of friends who love to play co-op story modes. I could have been occupied with Assault for so much longer than I was.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
jeah I got a sig:p:p:p
That's great! Thanks for the support.

I've still got my fingers crossed for Olimar. I made three predictions for people that I thought were guaranteed to get into Brawl a few years ago: Wario, Pit, and Olimar. If Olimar gets in, I'm 3 for 3. Plus, Olimar rocks.
I've wanted Olimar as a playable character ever since I played the first Pikmin. Seriously, how can a dude who solves his problems by enslaving entire races NOT be deemed Brawl worthy?

And actually, I played Assault for a long time with my friends. It has reasonable multiplayer (if you set the games up right), which can make it a really laid back, but still fun, game. My problem with co-op missing was that any game with co-op I get incredible replay value out of. I have three siblings, many cousins, and a whole lot of friends who love to play co-op story modes. I could have been occupied with Assault for so much longer than I was.
I really enjoyed Assault's multiplayer. Sure, the on foot controls were a bit cumbersome, but the fun vehicles more than made up for it. Unfortunately, I'm the only one I know who likes it. My friends and siblings were fed up with having their buts continuously handed to them within a week...

Hopefully, Nintendo will get to work on a Wii Starfox with Co-op and online multiplayer.

I don't want Brawl to be online................

jk LOL
go Olimar
Crazy as it might sound, there have been a couple comments to that effect.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
UPDATE Gentlmen. I just got the latest issue of Nintendo Power.... and there is no mention of out little email blitz. I thought they might have simply ignored us, until I realized that this issue went to print BEFORE E3. So, whatever responce we get won't berevealed until next month's time.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
UPDATE Gentlmen. I just got the latest issue of Nintendo Power.... and there is no mention of out little email blitz. I thought they might have simply ignored us, until I realized that this issue went to print BEFORE E3. So, whatever responce we get won't berevealed until next month's time.
thanx for the update man ^_^

Icephoenix231

Smash Cadet
Well let's not all forget... The Wii is an upgradable system... Wii channels have and can be very good to us...

If they/we really REALLY wanted to... they could release some kind of Wii Channel extention of the disc, that would impement SSBM online play. They upgraded the Internet channel, didn't they? They gave us a TON of games through the Shop channel, no? They gave us that STUPID as hell Everybody Votes Channel, eh?

I think that if there's no online play in Brawl at release...then some good suggestions/whines could possibly get it fo us... just to hold the space, we may need some kind of upgrade to our memory... Possibly using a 1-2G SD card?

Also, unless I'm wrong...haven't they confirmed online features, just not online play?

And the biggest thing of all...

Remember the company that we are dealing with, guys. Nintendo is infamous for dropping a tiny hint, and then not saying anything for months... the Dolphin/Revolution? Does anyone rem,ember when Nintendo "leaked" The very VERY first picture of the Wiimote/Nunchuk, and everybody flipped their wig, saying how it was goign to be the stupidest system ever? And look at what we have now? (okay, it's now just a machine to play Wii Tennis on, but we all know the badass stuff coming out for it soon). I think this could be a very similar thing (and possibly a very good point) I mean, Strikers Charged and Battle Revoltuon are online. Possibly they are just testing the online engine/capabilities before deciding to include it in SSBM

Cause if I remember correctly, a SSBVM developer said "SSBM is 'ready'. We could release it right now and easily sell a million copies. But it's just not quite perfect. Not yet"

I say we should just have some faith in Nintendo. We haven't really had a big let down in a while (unless you count the transfer from side scroller to FPS with Metroid XD), and I don't think they'll do it in a game as big as SSBM

And I also say we all buy/rent the other online Nintendo games, just in case they are tests for the success of online.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm not going to get my hopes up... I mean cmon MP3 and no wifi capabilites, yet hunters did.
And besides if they do add online, I'm more worried how bad it might be... they better have matchmaking rules so we could set things off like items, instead of just throwing us into battle...

Icephoenix231

Smash Cadet
Again...have faith in Nintendo... If they screw up this game, all the hardcore game players will just stick to Melee. Imagine how much money that would cost them...

pr4n4y

Smash Cadet
hha off topic, but I just read your SSBB wishlist.

No Bowser Jr or Crystal.

Replace Pichu with Lucario, and its all good :p

And I agree with IcePhoenix's post. Imagine all the only childs that have no one to play with. They NEED Wi-Fi :p

bored

Smash Ace
yeah well it's still odd... maybe brawl could have other features that deal with online such as downloading more characters from wii shop channel.... neat idea, eh? ;P

pr4n4y

Smash Cadet
Actually I'd be kinda against that.

What if someone didn't have wireless? I know its hard to think someone doesnt nowadays, but many years ago I had a GC and no wireless because I didn't get my laptop yet.

I'm honestly not sure what should be in the Wii shop right now.

Icephoenix231

Smash Cadet
SHUT THE HECK UP!

Theyre watching us! Don't give them ideas to suck up more of our money. I'm a poor college kid >.<

I'm an only child..you have no clue how hard it is to find people to play >.< My roomate sucks...haha.

They didn't let us down with the Wii... they won't let us down with brawl... I hope... *gulp*

pr4n4y

Smash Cadet
Haha Ice, I'm an only child too, but I try to find people to play with around school and stuff.

Trust me, I know how hard it is to find people to play and don't suck.

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
Well, interesting way of thinking, and nothing more.

Bear in mind, online play is just well promised. It's not a full garuntee that we will have it, and if we don't, that won't ruin Brawl. Sakurai is really trying his best though inorder to implement it in the best way possible into Brawl.

We might not even hear word about online play until Brawl is getting ready to be released.

Also, sending e-mails to Nintendo wouldn't really work. Don't you think that's a little too extreme? That would just prove how impatient the Smash community really is.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well let's not all forget... The Wii is an upgradable system... Wii channels have and can be very good to us...

If they/we really REALLY wanted to... they could release some kind of Wii Channel extention of the disc, that would impement SSBM online play. They upgraded the Internet channel, didn't they? They gave us a TON of games through the Shop channel, no? They gave us that STUPID as hell Everybody Votes Channel, eh?

I think that if there's no online play in Brawl at release...then some good suggestions/whines could possibly get it fo us... just to hold the space, we may need some kind of upgrade to our memory... Possibly using a 1-2G SD card?

Also, unless I'm wrong...haven't they confirmed online features, just not online play?

And the biggest thing of all...

Remember the company that we are dealing with, guys. Nintendo is infamous for dropping a tiny hint, and then not saying anything for months... the Dolphin/Revolution? Does anyone rem,ember when Nintendo "leaked" The very VERY first picture of the Wiimote/Nunchuk, and everybody flipped their wig, saying how it was goign to be the stupidest system ever? And look at what we have now? (okay, it's now just a machine to play Wii Tennis on, but we all know the badass stuff coming out for it soon). I think this could be a very similar thing (and possibly a very good point) I mean, Strikers Charged and Battle Revoltuon are online. Possibly they are just testing the online engine/capabilities before deciding to include it in SSBM

Cause if I remember correctly, a SSBVM developer said "SSBM is 'ready'. We could release it right now and easily sell a million copies. But it's just not quite perfect. Not yet"

I say we should just have some faith in Nintendo. We haven't really had a big let down in a while (unless you count the transfer from side scroller to FPS with Metroid XD), and I don't think they'll do it in a game as big as SSBM

And I also say we all buy/rent the other online Nintendo games, just in case they are tests for the success of online.
Including an online mode post release via download might be a good idea, but it would also be an all time first for Nintendo. Frankly, I'm not even sure if it is possible currently, though I can't see why not.

I haven't lost hope that Nintendo will follow through and deliever a great online experience, but at the same time I think the fact that Nintendo's biggest online game this fall hasn't been confirmed to be online is... disconcerning, if only slightly.

Well if Brawl isn't online. Just imagine the disappointment.

I'm 90% sure it will have Wi-Fi capability.
The disapointment would be HUGE. Let's hope you're right.

I'm not going to get my hopes up... I mean cmon MP3 and no wifi capabilites, yet hunters did.
And besides if they do add online, I'm more worried how bad it might be... they better have matchmaking rules so we could set things off like items, instead of just throwing us into battle...
I at least hope it is of the same calibur as Metroid Hunters, where randomly matched games are pretty limited but matches with friends (via friend codes) allow full customization.

Again...have faith in Nintendo... If they screw up this game, all the hardcore game players will just stick to Melee. Imagine how much money that would cost them...
Even without online, I think Brawl will still be a hit. But in order for the Smash community to truly thrive, online is a must.

yeah well it's still odd... maybe brawl could have other features that deal with online such as downloading more characters from wii shop channel.... neat idea, eh? ;P
I love the idea of downloadable content. Every six months, we could get a couple new maps and characters. I'm not sure if that's even workable, but it would be VERY awesome.

Wiseguy, have you ever wondered if this is all a waste of time? I'm just throwing it in there.
All the time, bro. It's possible that this campaign won't have any effect, but it feels more constructive thatn doing nothing.

Do not go quietly into the night,
but rage, rage against the.... possibility of no online in Brawl.

Well, interesting way of thinking, and nothing more.

Bear in mind, online play is just well promised. It's not a full garuntee that we will have it, and if we don't, that won't ruin Brawl. Sakurai is really trying his best though inorder to implement it in the best way possible into Brawl.

We might not even hear word about online play until Brawl is getting ready to be released.

Also, sending e-mails to Nintendo wouldn't really work. Don't you think that's a little too extreme? That would just prove how impatient the Smash community really is.
Or it could demonstrate that how important it is to the Smash community.

Again, I'm not abandoning hope - just throwing some possible theories out there.

You guys aren't the only one with an online petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SuperSmashBrosOnline
Interesting. That one is requesting an online version of Melee. How old is it?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
there are opinions all over the spectrum i don't see how not everyone on the planet is gun hoe about this cause!!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
there are opinions all over the spectrum i don't see how not everyone on the planet is gun hoe about this cause!!
I've never been to a smash tourney of any kind. I've never had the time. I've battled people who have been in big tourneys in Vancouver and I beat them then they told me that I would do well in a tourney. But I can never get enough time to go to one. With online, I can finally fight against wavedashers at the highest level and top callibur smash pros... maybe actually lose when I try to win
WHICH WOULD BE FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!
But with no online, I may never get to battle in a tourney. That would suck.

Searching for a challenge in west Can "Don't do me wrong Brawl"

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
same thing for me I don't get a lot better from beating those stupid comps on lv 9 I want to battle real people but my older brother don't like games and my friends don't own the game and are really bad at it however they're getting better but I still can beat them easy I'm searching for a big challenge but I may not go to a tourney from my parents

SuperRad

Smash Master
I dont care about online. on my list of things i want for brawl, its near the bottom.

why? because it wont be perfect. it will be laggy, and on my ****ty wireless connection i doubt it would be all that good for serious practice. at best, it could be used to try out some techniques, see how people react to what you do, but even on t1 lines there is going to be noticeable lag.

and part of the reason why i love smash so much is that i went out to tournaments and smashfests and met people. and before that, it was a lot of fun to just kick it with some friends on an afternoon and play. im not saying that everyone would stay home to play online (see my first point).

so it's not that i don't want it persay, it's just that i don't care.

edit:

i forgot to mention:
if online gets implemented, but they changed the engine in anyway to compensate for lag, i'm going to be mad. again, see what that did to halo2.

saud

Smash Lord
I dont care about online. Why? because it wont be perfect. it will be laggy, and on my ****ty wireless connection i doubt it would be all that good for serious practice. at best, it could be used to try out some techniques, see how people react to what you do, but even on t1 lines there is going to be noticeable lag.
I have the very same problem....I live in the UAE....and that's far away from everyone, lol, which will cause lag...and I have a crappy router and wireless connection that, if I'm lucky, I will be able to go online for 5 minutes on the Wii in my room.

Used to have a slightly smaller problem for the DS about 8 months ago....until I bought the WiFi USB adaptor....which miraculously seemed to make me suffer little to no lag while playing Mario Kart DS. But then I had to format my laptop...and after that...the WiFi USB wasn't able to fully install and there goes my DS online days :/

Well, for the sake of the devoted fans to this game and ones that haven't had the chance to play in a tournament due to distance or/and time reasons, Brawl needs an online mode for a greater level of competition.

Elysium

Smash Lord
If we're all being Paranoid, I think Nintendo will put out the best non-laggy online game there is. I mean how many months has Brawl been in development? I think if they're planning on doing Online, they wont release some laggy horrible version (even though I'm sure some of you would be happy with that).

*Trying to build confidence*

Keku

Smash Apprentice
I just played Mario Strikers Football with my friends and it was the first Wii-game with Wi-fi that I've seen, and by seeing it I somehow realized that Nintendo is being serious about online-play. If they could make it for Mario Strikers, they can make it with such title as Brawl aswell. I'm positive about SSBB having Online. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom