• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
ah well I think I wouldn't be convinced then either :p so it doesn't matter then still this thread may motivate them to pull trough if it doesn't work the firsts time and if it's useless what I doubt then at least we've tried something and wiseguy maby a idea to set it in your sig to sign this petition?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
By now they probably know if it will be online or not!

Besides, NOA has little to no power on how Ninty's games turn out.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Maybe the reason why they're so mysterious about it is because they're still working on it and Nintendo likes to tease us. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can show you a video of Sakurai saying that. :(
You're right, it could be just Nintendo trying to build suspence or something. I've heard theories that Nintendo is planning to blow the lid off of Brawl in the next month or so at a special event.

All I'm advocating to taking precautionary measures, just in case.

By now they probably know if it will be online or not!

Besides, NOA has little to no power on how Ninty's games turn out.
I know, but they can at least find out for us if Brawl is online. Or they can try, and tell us they couldn't find out anything. But if we at least get a mention in the next Nintendo Power, then everyone who subscribes to Nintendo's offical magazine will start wondering what the deal is with Brawl's online multiplayer.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
An in fact is a serious issue!.

I have friends who have Wii (i dont) and like us, are counting every second til brawl release....but some of them already told me that if Brawl goes not online,,,they are prepared to sell their consoles and buy micro or sony.

We are hardcore gamers...and we will buy brawl no matter what.... but the vast majoritiy of the ones that play brawl (and which clearly outnumber us in this forum) will think about other chances.

The trendy now, like someone said , is "online good, not online bad". Alot of people and i mean A LOT will go and buy Halo or the other games of xbox and ps3...because of the online feature...

heck we even have to accept that the other 2 consoles have VERY tempting titles, and if i was not a hardcore smasher, i would have easily turned to ps3 or xbox cuz of the plain fun of online gaming.

In summary, if brawl fails tog o online,...the compnay will be in avery delicate position against their opponents.

Fight fire with fire!!! if micro and sony are launching their best bets online........ Nintendo must do it too if they want to compete. simple as that.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Fight fire with fire!!! if micro and sony are launching their best bets online........ Nintendo must do it too if they want to compete. simple as that.
At the moment, Nintendo is more than competing. They're freaking dominating. Wii has been out for a little more than half the time 360 has been out, and it it currently 1.03 million units behind. The Wii is set to be the market leader. And guess what? It still doesn't have an amazing online game.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
At the moment, Nintendo is more than competing. They're freaking dominating. Wii has been out for a little more than half the time 360 has been out, and it it currently 1.03 million units behind. The Wii is set to be the market leader. And guess what? It still doesn't have an amazing online game.
The Gamecube started out very strongly as well. Look how that turned out...

Look I agree: Nintendo is dominating and I couldn't be happier. But if Nintendo wants to stay in this fight for the long haul, an amazing online game couldn't hurt.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
The Gamecube started out very strongly as well. Look how that turned out...

Look I agree: Nintendo is dominating and I couldn't be happier. But if Nintendo wants to stay in this fight for the long haul, an amazing online game couldn't hurt.
Good point. Also, instead of just training by myself most of the time, I can get better faster with actual human players (of course, there's bound to be lag, but it could be a little). Also, do you guys think that with this online play, they'll release some Wii mike?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Good point. Also, instead of just training by myself most of the time, I can get better faster with actual human players (of course, there's bound to be lag, but it could be a little). Also, do you guys think that with this online play, they'll release some Wii mike?
I don't see why not. The new Pokemon DS games have online chat headsets. Surely Nintendo could devise something similar for online Wii games.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't see why not. The new Pokemon DS games have online chat headsets. Surely Nintendo could devise something similar for online Wii games.
It's just that I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo got some bad rep because of some guy was talking dirty using the headset and since the DS is targeted also to children, that was why Nintendo got called out. I'm just stating that out. Oh yeah, look at this: http://www.wiiloaded.com/wii-news-Wii-Microphone---From-a-Nintendo-employee-a-9277#

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It's just that I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo got some bad rep because of some guy was talking dirty using the headset and since the DS is targeted also to children, that was why Nintendo got called out. I'm just stating that out. Oh yeah, look at this: http://www.wiiloaded.com/wii-news-Wii-Microphone---From-a-Nintendo-employee-a-9277#
Yes, but the voice chat only works if you exchange friend codes first. So Nintendo can't be held responsible.

Thanks for the link. It's exciting to think that maybe, just maybe, voice chat will one day be possible with online Wii games.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
there will be online, just because they havnt mentioned it dosnt mean that they arnt doing it. unless a horrific accident happens, brawl will be online.
Lol that's the sentence is so stupid. Go ahead read it again.

Not being announced means so far that, it's not gonna be online. So until that announcement comes, there will be no online.

Florida

イーグランツ
Headphones and mics compatible for online, is what mainly ruined X-Box Live. You couldn't kill one opponent in Halo 2 without getting cursed and ****ed by some idiotic teenager. But since Nintendo Wii's WiFi connection does require Friend Codes (which I hope Brawl does), then including a headset and such shouldn't be a problem.

If it ends up being one, all you'd have to do is remove the certain friend from your list. As simple as that. But if Friend Codes are not required, I'm all against the headsets function. It's very disturbing to be playing while taking **** from immature *******. Fin.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Headphones and mics compatible for online, is what mainly ruined X-Box Live. You couldn't kill one opponent in Halo 2 without getting cursed and ****ed by some idiotic teenager. But since Nintendo Wii's WiFi connection does require Friend Codes (which I hope Brawl does), then including a headset and such shouldn't be a problem.

If it ends up being one, all you'd have to do is remove the certain friend from your list. As simple as that. But if Friend Codes are not required, I'm all against the headsets function. It's very disturbing to be playing while taking **** from immature *******. Fin.
Don't sweat it. Every online game Nintendo has ever made has required friend codes in order to communicate in any way. Nintendo is far too family friendly to risk changing course now.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Lol that's the sentence is so stupid. Go ahead read it again.

Not being announced means so far that, it's not gonna be online. So until that announcement comes, there will be no online.
Actually, there's truth behind what he said. IGN's Matt Cassamassa has stated in a podcast that he knows for a fact - and he talked to people about this - that Brawl will have online. He also said, "The only way it won't have online is if something crazy happens"

I'm not sure why you dismissed that person's comment, but it makes you look pretty ignorant.

Now on to what you said:

Why exactly can't there be online even if they haven't said anything about it yet? They have not said 'no, and they have not said 'yes' either. It's still in the air.

Which brings me to my other point - Nintendo DID SAY Brawl would be online when they announced it. There's a video - go watch it.

There's a 99.9 percent chance it'll be online - honestly. No one can say it is or isn't, but there's a good chance it'll happen.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Actually, there's truth behind what he said. IGN's Matt Cassamassa has stated in a podcast that he knows for a fact - and he talked to people about this - that Brawl will have online. He also said, "The only way it won't have online is if something crazy happens"

I'm not sure why you dismissed that person's comment, but it makes you look pretty ignorant.

Now on to what you said:

Why exactly can't there be online even if they haven't said anything about it yet? They have not said 'no, and they have not said 'yes' either. It's still in the air.

Which brings me to my other point - Nintendo DID SAY Brawl would be online when they announced it. There's a video - go watch it.

There's a 99.9 percent chance it'll be online - honestly. No one can say it is or isn't, but there's a good chance it'll happen.
Yeah, I heard the podcast too. I trust Matt, but even he doesn't know everything.

I never said for certain that Brawl wouldn't be online. All I said was that it's more than a bit disconcerning that Nintendo is so quiet about Brawl's online all of a sudden with only mere months away from the release date.

Plans can change, and if Nintendo is even considering releasing Brawl without an online mode we should at least try and make them reconsider.

*******! he announced that its online when he showed the trailer!
Thanks. I know.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I never said for certain that Brawl wouldn't be online. All I said was that it's more than a bit disconcerning that Nintendo is so quiet about Brawl's online all of a sudden with only mere months away from the release date.
I wouldn't call still being quiet about it after 14 months being quiet about it "all of a sudden". There's still five months until the release and three or four big conferences to be held during which they could reaffirm it. Or maybe that Nintendo conference or that SSBB conference that was rumored to take place sometime between now and the release. Or maybe they're waiting until there're a hundred days left. It really doesn't matter where they announce since people will just read it on the site or whatever site they got E3 info from.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
As far as I know, its confirmed. They haven't exactly said it, but new console with online capabilities. And actual talk about online and interviews saying that they are working on it etc... I am sure they will do it.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Even if our e-mails to Nintendo don't do anything, atleast we tried with the whole 2 mins it took to write it and send it. ;) I strongly think it will have online because Sakurai already talked abit about it in 2006 on his weekly journal. Now that doesn't confirm it 100% that the final game will have playable online because alot of problems could arise and they decide to cancel online for such and such reasons. One possible good thing that might happen with our e-mails and other fans is that it gets noticed enough that Nintendo decides to release info that confirms Super Smash Brothers Brawl will have playable online for sure.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

I wouldn't call still being quiet about it after 14 months being quiet about it "all of a sudden". There's still five months until the release and three or four big conferences to be held during which they could reaffirm it. Or maybe that Nintendo conference or that SSBB conference that was rumored to take place sometime between now and the release. Or maybe they're waiting until there're a hundred days left. It really doesn't matter where they announce since people will just read it on the site or whatever site they got E3 info from.

Okay, maybe "all of a sudden" is a poor choice of words - but Sakurai did mention working on an online mode (in typical cyptic fashion) just a few months ago: http://wii.ign.com/articles/709/709205p1.html (thanks for the link Takeshi245).

Saying mum about online at their most important game show of the year might be a sign that they are having problems implementing the online mode. Or it could be a sign of nothing at all. Nothing is for certain, but I think we should be on top of this just in case.

Yo Wiseguy I was directing my post at ToXn, but maybe im confused...
I know. I was just adding my two cents....

EDIT: 154 signtures - and growing! Well done people.

blazedaces

Smash Lord
philly, PA, aim: blazedaces, msg me and we'll play
Okay, maybe "all of a sudden" is a poor choice of words - but Sakurai did mention working on an online mode (in typical cyptic fashion) just a few months ago: http://wii.ign.com/articles/709/709205p1.html (thanks for the link Takeshi245).

Saying mum about online at their most important game show of the year might be a sign that they are having problems implementing the online mode. Or it could be a sign of nothing at all. Nothing is for certain, but I think we should be on top of this just in case.

I know. I was just adding my two cents....

EDIT: 154 signtures - and growing! Well done people.
Dude... take a look at that article's date again: [highlight]May 18, 2006[/highlight]

What's the date today again...? Oh ya, July 2007...

(That date could be a typo, I'm not the expert on this, so please excuse me if this is the case)...

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree with you. I signed the petition and I'm in the process of writing an Email to Nintendo Power expressing my distress in the situation. Thanks for the post.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
hmmm, why dont we take this link of petition to other forum we are in,lets just not limit here
Yeah, good idea. I've asked my bro to post it on of few of his forums. If we don't here any online news soon, I'll make accounts on every online forum I can find in order to spread the word.

Already got the link in all my Signatures in other Forums :laugh:
Just put a link in my sig too! :grin:
Thanks guys! You rock. :)

I completely agree with you. I signed the petition and I'm in the process of writing an Email to Nintendo Power expressing my distress in the situation. Thanks for the post.
No prob. Thanks for the support.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
If this petition somehow does work, at least the developers would have more on their mind on what to do. If these fails, at least we'll learn a lesson from all this.

psykoweezl

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I havent been on Smashboards for awhile, but the first post on my return has to go to this topice...well done on issueing this topic. Hopefully our cries will be answered. Together we will prevail. This is my email i sent:"Dear Nintendo,

I come to you as a consumer, a competitive gamer, but most importantly as a fan of your works. Ever since Super Smash Bros. came out on the N64 I was hooked by the idea of Nintendo's greatest characters in an all out fighting frenzy. By the time Melee came out for the Gamecube I started going to tourneys and challenging all my friends. I even bought a second gamecube in case I would start holding tournaments. To tell the absolute truth, nothing has excited me more in my life like the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That would have to be the main reason I purchased a Wii. Sure there are other exciting titles that I absolutely adore and hope to play, but nothing can top the thought of SSBB. Only one thing can ruin all this happiness, this hope, this DREAM...and that would be the absence of Online play for SSBB. Times have changed, some of the world's greatest games now include Online play. Let's face it, online play brings an experience everyone can enjoy: the chance to play with friends no matter the distance, meeting new ones, and facing new challenges. It took me forever to face fellow competetive smasher in my area because of a lack of resources and transportation...but with the help on Online play, this can all be made easy. I mean, c'mon...I also play halo competetively (not as much or dedicated with Smash though) and I can constantly train and even share laughs with my friends through Xbox live for Halo 2...

One of the most abundant questions i seem to find is why online play wasn't announced at E3? Will the game be ONLINE? Playing SSBB Online would put smiles on the faces of myself, competetive smashers, and all Nintendo fans everywhere. We have high hopes for you Ninetendo. You've surprised the world so far, and greatly exceeded the expectations of many. I don't care if you have to delay SSBB, as long as online play is available I'm willing to wait another year I have very high hopes for you Nintendo and for the staff of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Please consider the words of this humble and dedicated gamer...

Sincerely,
Psykoweezl"

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
If this petition somehow does work, at least the developers would have more on their mind on what to do. If these fails, at least we'll learn a lesson from all this.
My thoughts exactly.

Wow, I havent been on Smashboards for awhile, but the first post on my return has to go to this topice...well done on issueing this topic. Hopefully our cries will be answered. Together we will prevail. This is my email i sent:"Dear Nintendo,

I come to you as a consumer, a competitive gamer, but most importantly as a fan of your works. Ever since Super Smash Bros. came out on the N64 I was hooked by the idea of Nintendo's greatest characters in an all out fighting frenzy. By the time Melee came out for the Gamecube I started going to tourneys and challenging all my friends. I even bought a second gamecube in case I would start holding tournaments. To tell the absolute truth, nothing has excited me more in my life like the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That would have to be the main reason I purchased a Wii. Sure there are other exciting titles that I absolutely adore and hope to play, but nothing can top the thought of SSBB. Only one thing can ruin all this happiness, this hope, this DREAM...and that would be the absence of Online play for SSBB. Times have changed, some of the world's greatest games now include Online play. Let's face it, online play brings an experience everyone can enjoy: the chance to play with friends no matter the distance, meeting new ones, and facing new challenges. It took me forever to face fellow competetive smasher in my area because of a lack of resources and transportation...but with the help on Online play, this can all be made easy. I mean, c'mon...I also play halo competetively (not as much or dedicated with Smash though) and I can constantly train and even share laughs with my friends through Xbox live for Halo 2...

One of the most abundant questions i seem to find is why online play wasn't announced at E3? Will the game be ONLINE? Playing SSBB Online would put smiles on the faces of myself, competetive smashers, and all Nintendo fans everywhere. We have high hopes for you Ninetendo. You've surprised the world so far, and greatly exceeded the expectations of many. I don't care if you have to delay SSBB, as long as online play is available I'm willing to wait another year I have very high hopes for you Nintendo and for the staff of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Please consider the words of this humble and dedicated gamer...

Sincerely,
Psykoweezl"
That is a very well co0nstructed email. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo Power publishes it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I don't care if the game is online or not. I love the way the smash comunity is right now and whether or not Brawl is online the smash comunity will still get bigger and better.

Revven

FrankerZ
I signed the petition at least. But, I don't really plan to e-mail Nintendo because usually it's not in Nintendo of America's hands whether Brawl is online or not. The game is being made in Japan, you'd want to contact Nintendo of Japan, not America. But, I suppose NoA would know if Brawl was online or not...

Either way, NoA isn't the place to get the information to or from. But, you can try, and I will admire that.

Midna

Smash Apprentice
SMASHERS UNITE! Brawl's Online Multiplayer is in Jeopardy! Do You Care Enough to Act?

as an answer to the above question, no I don't care enough.
I'm not sure I can get an internet connection for my Wii, despit having one for my comp.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Ummmm, call me crazy, but they somewhat did say that online was confirmed. well, not said, but shown.... In the part where they were rambling on about online play, in the backy screen thing, it showed images of six games, one being brawl... thus somewhat with a wink wink nudge nudge, say no more, they hinted brawls online abilitah... drik out.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Hey wiseguy are you going to send the petition through the mail or email to nintendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom