• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A tournament option would be sweet, even if Nintendo doesn't do it themselves there will most definately be ones set up by individuals....assuming online play is delivered
I'd do it as practice, then I'd start entering big tournaments and competiting at least on a local scale. the possibilites of online play are unlimited...doubt the endless possibilites and DIE! :chuckle: :p :cool: :psycho: ;)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Well, it's pretty obvious that there'll be online, but it doesn't hurt to have a petition! *begs Sakurai for online*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I sent Pulse an e-mail. It'd be pretty cool if they started talking about how many emails they got from us, haha.
Ya, that would be cool. Anyways, I sent a well thought out e-mail, and saved it to Microsoft Word. It would be awsome to get a response, since mine was a question, rather than demanding online. :)

Micahc

Smash Ace
I feel sorry for whoever has to read through that virtual stack of emails :p

And for the recored I did read the first post.

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
"Write how important it is to you that Brawl is online. If you don’t own a Wii, tell them that you won’t buy one unless Brawl is online (assuming you feel that way.)"

..umm. no I wont, I couldn't live without having the 3rd metroid to my prime collection.. and I don't care about the 2D ones.. I have them all playable on full-speed on my PSP. and I'm also a fan of 2D metroid, but I couldn't live without metroid prime 3.. also that super smash bros brawl is online, I couldn't live without wii thanks to that too.. the PS3 is just.. not looking to great to me.. the 360 has 2 great capcom games already.. is capcom leaving playstation!!!??? if that is.. I NEED TO BUY 360 TOO.. I don't want that.. I'm just.. confused about the next-gen consoles.. capcom is making more games for 360 than PS3.. and I hope that capcom will never make an resident evil game that is ONLY FOR 360.. that would be like the most horrible nightmare I've ever faced.. I don't want to buy 360.. I don't want any xbox because xbox has nothing.. but capcom is STILL making games for 360.. I hate it.. its like earth wants me to waste money on all 3 next-gen consoles just for games that were only made for PS3, 360.. and.. Wii.. but of course Wii is the best of them all.. Wii has everything I want.

M.K

Level 55
Dear Nintendo,

As you may know, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of a Nintendo fan's biggest hype this year. As E3 Expo has come and gone, Nintendo has put on a casual face. Their self-indicated "power" title was a mere game named Wii Fit. I must ask you, is Nintendo shunning out the actual gamer in favor of a more casual audience? For example, Super Smash Bros. Brawl gets daily updates on the Smash Bros. Dojo Site, yet most updates are nothing to cry home about. E3, the one place where we could get new information, was an immediate letdown. All we got was a release date (not saying that is totally bad) and a 15-second clip of gameplay. Nothing about the aforementioned supposed Online play or the inclusion of characters...it was not a good move. With that, Smash Fans have begun to doubt Super Smash Bros. Brawl's actual priority. I suggest that Nintendo focus their advertisment on games that WILL attract mass profits.

Thanks,

Lishus12 of Smashboards.com

^This is the E-mail i sent!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
You guys realize that at this point, even if they wanted to add online into Brawl, they wouldn't be able to given the amount of time they have left?

Its either in Brawl and they are being quiet about it, or its not in Brawl because they didn't want it to suck, or they couldn't, or some other reason. Online petitions don't work, and sending massive amounts of emails doesn't work either.

mashed_taters

Smash Rookie
I'm also worried that they didn't say anything about Brawl online at E3. They said mariokart will be online, which is being released several months after brawl.

saud

Smash Lord
You guys realize that at this point, even if they wanted to add online into Brawl, they wouldn't be able to given the amount of time they have left?
You do realize that many of us don't mind that Nintendo delays Brawl for another 6 months or a year just so that it can be online :p

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
After he finishes talking about online/Mario Kart he says: "So, to recap: The purpose of the Wii Zapper and the ground-breaking control of Metroid and the introduction of Wiiware and the online option from Madden to Kart, all this makes games feel fresh again no matter how long you've been playing..."

And six games are in the background, they are: a FPS (RE?), Metroid, Fifa, Kart, Madden, and Brawl. FPS goes with the zapper, Metroid goes with metroid, and the other four?...um...online perhaps??
Perhaps. I hope so, but I really don't see simply showing the Smash Bros footage in the background as proof of anything. Like you pointed out, they showed footage of games like RE and Metroid that obviously aren't online. So yeah, the order in which they were shown on screen might have been meant to imply what you are saying - but I just don't see it as concete proof.

Why, of why, didn't they just say "Brawl is online"? Would that really have been so hard?

I really wish the edit would work...

To quote Reggie: "What you'll see and what you'll hear this week is only a beginning. There's a lot more news to come. And trust me, it's the best Smash Bros. ever. By far."

So shut up, everyone! :p
That statement is why I still hold out hope. But again, Reggie is a smart guy. He knows online Smash sells, and with the world watching he could have at least dropped a hint.

I swear...did you guys even LISTEN to the press conference?? He said the gamer core is still the gamer core, but Nintendo is the ONLY one expanding their market. THAT'S A GOOD THING. I means more money to fund games like Smash. They aren't going to screw us. Let me reiterate: THEY AREN'T GOING TO SCREW US. Sorry if I'm getting so defensive, but I don't like people bagging on Nintendo, especially the Smash Community.
There really isnt any credibility to the idea that Nintendo is shifting focus away from the core gamer. They have major releases in almost every main franchise within 18 months of launch, and THATS a focus shift? Its probably the exact opposite, one of the most aggressive 1st party core pushes in the history of the company.

Growing the market on the side only helps 3rd parties lend more support. You can thank the likes of Brain Age directly for Dragon Quest 9 on DS.
I agree with GL and DMK. I actually thought the conferance was well done, and Nintendo has proved with the DS they can please both the casual and hardcore audiences.

But the proof will be in the pudding. If they include online in Brawl, then we have NOTHING to complain about. If they don't, then it shows that Nintendo is content to coast on the goodwill of it's fans.

If you're doing this, I think that it's a good idea to mention that it'd be really nice if Brawl's online has a tournament style setup for random online matches.
I think that would a bit much. As long as online is included, we can always arange tournaments through friendcodes. So, yeah: great idea, but the important thing is that it's online. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

"Write how important it is to you that Brawl is online. If you don’t own a Wii, tell them that you won’t buy one unless Brawl is online (assuming you feel that way.)"

..umm. no I wont, I couldn't live without having the 3rd metroid to my prime collection.. and I don't care about the 2D ones.. I have them all playable on full-speed on my PSP. and I'm also a fan of 2D metroid, but I couldn't live without metroid prime 3.. also that super smash bros brawl is online, I couldn't live without wii thanks to that too.. the PS3 is just.. not looking to great to me.. the 360 has 2 great capcom games already.. is capcom leaving playstation!!!??? if that is.. I NEED TO BUY 360 TOO.. I don't want that.. I'm just.. confused about the next-gen consoles.. capcom is making more games for 360 than PS3.. and I hope that capcom will never make an resident evil game that is ONLY FOR 360.. that would be like the most horrible nightmare I've ever faced.. I don't want to buy 360.. I don't want any xbox because xbox has nothing.. but capcom is STILL making games for 360.. I hate it.. its like earth wants me to waste money on all 3 next-gen consoles just for games that were only made for PS3, 360.. and.. Wii.. but of course Wii is the best of them all.. Wii has everything I want.
If you don't feel that way, don't write that - just like I said.

Dear Nintendo,

As you may know, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of a Nintendo fan's biggest hype this year. As E3 Expo has come and gone, Nintendo has put on a casual face. Their self-indicated "power" title was a mere game named Wii Fit. I must ask you, is Nintendo shunning out the actual gamer in favor of a more casual audience? For example, Super Smash Bros. Brawl gets daily updates on the Smash Bros. Dojo Site, yet most updates are nothing to cry home about. E3, the one place where we could get new information, was an immediate letdown. All we got was a release date (not saying that is totally bad) and a 15-second clip of gameplay. Nothing about the aforementioned supposed Online play or the inclusion of characters...it was not a good move. With that, Smash Fans have begun to doubt Super Smash Bros. Brawl's actual priority. I suggest that Nintendo focus their advertisment on games that WILL attract mass profits.

Thanks,

Lishus12 of Smashboards.com

^This is the E-mail i sent!
I can't say I agree with most of that (thr only probelm I had with the conferance was that they created doubts that Brawl would be onlne...) but if you have concerns you should voice them however you see fit. The important thing we all (well, most of us) can agree is that online is a MUST.

Its either in Brawl and they are being quiet about it, or its not in Brawl because they didn't want it to suck, or they couldn't, or some other reason. Online petitions don't work, and sending massive amounts of emails doesn't work either.
Maybe you've heard a certain game called "the Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess." If my memory serves, they decided to "delay" said game again and again in order to include the feature of motion controls. If Nintendo decides that online in Brawl is important enough, they could delay the game as long as is necessary until it can be inlcuded. (Poor us... the only games we'll have to play this holiday will be Mario Strikers, Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Umbrella Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Battaleon Wars II, Zelda; Phantom Hourglass....)

At any rate, do you think if Halo's online was in Jeprody the Microsoft would risk delaying the game or scrapping the online? Heck no! They'd throw money until the probelm was fixed. No excuses Nintendo. Give Sakurai as much resourses as he needs to get the job done, and we won't have to endure the agony of a delay...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Stupid no edit!! :mad::mad:

The "ungrateful" comment was meant for those who are complaining that Nintendo has given up on its core gamers and moved solely to the casual gamers as well as all of you complaining about the daily updates. More than half of them have been AWESOME and even the not-so-great ones have some interesting things about them. What other game in history...in HISTORY has given daily updates about its game to awaiting fans? Exactly. So stop complaining...and they are awesome, and we almost always get screen shots.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well I did a signature, and I sent an email... I actually thought out that email a lot better than my school work...

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I really like this thread and I also really want an online mode. I immediatlly emailed them and here is what I said :

"Brawl is one of the most anticipated titles from hardcore players everywhere! I am a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament player and I love playing Smash Bros competitively. It was my ultimate dream to display my skill by being able to play against others around the world in an online multiplayer mode. Why were other online modes confirmed for newly announced games like Mario Kart but not even mentioned for SSBB. It will be a huge let down to fans everywhere if Brawl doesn't release with an online mode. An online Mario Kart in place of an online Smash Bros just doesn't cut it at all. If Brawl fails to provide this feature me and many others will be extremely disappointed and I would have to consider other consoles to meet my competitive online multiplayer needs!"

i am in full support of this and i am willing to do anything possible help this cause!!
also please let me know of anything you need me to do to help im here...

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Maybe you've heard a certain game called "the Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess." If my memory serves, they decided to "delay" said game again and again in order to include the feature of motion controls. If Nintendo decides that online in Brawl is important enough, they could delay the game as long as is necessary until it can be inlcuded. (Poor us... the only games we'll have to play this holiday will be Mario Strikers, Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Umbrella Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Battaleon Wars II, Zelda; Phantom Hourglass....)

At any rate, do you think if Halo's online was in Jeprody the Microsoft would risk delaying the game or scrapping the online? Heck no! They'd throw money until the probelm was fixed. No excuses Nintendo. Give Sakurai as much resourses as he needs to get the job done, and we won't have to endure the agony of a delay...
Well, TP was delayed because the developers wanted to add motion controls. It was NOT delayed because of a barrage of fan emails.

The first halo had lan play if I remember correctly, and it was well known throughout the development of halo 2 that it was going to have online. It wasn't a secret or anything. Also, you can't just throw money at something to make it go faster, there are limits to everything.

At this point, it is in or it isn't. Honestly, do you really think a feature like online wouldn't be decided until the last year of development?

Adding controls to Twilight Princess is trivial compared to adding online to Brawl. Also, I am pretty sure a lot of the Twlight Princess time was to release the Wii version first, followed by the gamecube one. They also had the whole "mirror the world so link is right handed" thing :D

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Heh, I just went on about.. My friends not having a Wii and most of my friends that I played with graduated and/or I don't hang out with them anymore. So if it had online feature I would be able to play and I would definitely buy it.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Adding controls to Twilight Princess is trivial compared to adding online to Brawl. Also, I am pretty sure a lot of the Twlight Princess time was to release the Wii version first, followed by the gamecube one. They also had the whole "mirror the world so link is right handed" thing :D
Porting a game to a then next gen system and capitalizing on it's abilities is trivial compared to adding in online to game that can exist excellently without it? I think I just threw up a little.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
WOW smashers unite a big plug for our north florida tournament XD just kidding.... even tho that is the name of our tournament series.

Brawl would be great online and I am going to sign and email ...... but I still dont think that all this would do any good because if brawl doesn't run well online you cant change the whole game. Who knows I am hoping it will be online..... but I would still drive to other tournaments because meeting the people is half the fun.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
WOW smashers unite a big plug for our north florida tournament XD just kidding.... even tho that is the name of our tournament series.

Brawl would be great online and I am going to sign and email ...... but I still dont think that all this would do any good because if brawl doesn't run well online you cant change the whole game. Who knows I am hoping it will be online..... but I would still drive to other tournaments because meeting the people is half the fun.
^ True, online would really help everyone to step up their game/never leave the house lol

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I wonder if I could really be any good at this game.. I was never any good at.... Well any game.. I was decent and could hold my own at some points but could never be considered Tourney worthy..

I guess time will tell.. I challenge you all!!... After a week or two with some single player..

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
lol... why do you guys think so much that Brawl won't be online?
The only reason I can think of is.. It's.. new to them so they will have some trouble doing it? Otherwise I want online bad and nothing really else will make me think that there will be no online. As far as I'm concerned, there IS online, they just haven't announced it yet because they want some screens of the menus that are going to be used.

nuro

Smash Lord
You guys just need to relax. There is nothing you can do about it. The date is coming soon they probably already have things planned.

Its their decision what they will do with online we just have to accept it.

Whether this is online or not, authentic or poor, I will still buy this game. I bought melee even though it wasn't online. Why not this game? If your looking to only play this game online you may be disappointed. The best thing to do is to not over hype the game yourself and just accept what the game actually has.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yeah, guys. If online play is already in, we have nothing to worry about. If it's not in, then they're going to have to greatly postpone the release date.

~Dac

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
You guys just need to relax. There is nothing you can do about it. The date is coming soon they probably already have things planned.

Its their decision what they will do with online we just have to accept it.

Whether this is online or not, authentic or poor, I will still buy this game. I bought melee even though it wasn't online. Why not this game? If your looking to only play this game online you may be disappointed. The best thing to do is to not over hype the game yourself and just accept what the game actually has.
Back then Online wasn't a big deal and as common as it is today. Online is everything..

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lol... why do you guys think so much that Brawl won't be online?
WE want to force Nintendo (Power) into a pickle. :) And better safe then sorry, and I don't want to buy a d*** expansion pack to get online play, I want to start playing my friends in So Cal from Nor Cal, I want to face my 2nd cousin in Texas. Heck, I want to face Wiseguy in Canada, and other SWF players worldwide! So I say let's force it out of them, and I think if I get a response I'll show it. I wrote a d*** good essay, thank you me for not falling asleep in Englihs (even if my teacher was awsome :)).

Brockman5

Smash Ace
WE want to force Nintendo (Power) into a pickle. :) And better safe then sorry, and I don't want to buy a d*** expansion pack to get online play, I want to start playing my friends in So Cal from Nor Cal, I want to face my 2nd cousin in Texas. Heck, I want to face Wiseguy in Canada, and other SWF players worldwide! So I say let's force it out of them, and I think if I get a response I'll show it. I wrote a d*** good essay, thank you me for not falling asleep in Englihs (even if my teacher was awsome :)).
True we need to try our best to enforce that brawl will be online-enabled...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
True we need to try our best to enforce that brawl will be online-enabled...
Not to mention show how much we want it, withing reason of course. Threatening not to buy a Wii or Brawl just because it doesn't have online quite frankly is retarted. We need to handle it in a civilized mannor as Wiseguy suggested. Also, here is a exact copy of the e-mail I sent about 12 hours ago to Nintendo Power! Enjoy:

Dear Nintendo Power,
as someone who is a diehard Super Smash Bros. fan, nothing would please me more then to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl online. I watched several E3 videos, and saw the Nintendo Press Conference. While I was impressed by the choice of upcoming new Wii and DS titles I could choose from, when online was brought up for the Wii, Brawl wasn’t mentioned. So I was wondering if this could mean Brawl will have online or not, since this all confuses me. If you can’t say or don’t know yet, that is fine. However, if you can confirm that online is a option, or Brawl could or will have online or not it would be heavily appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Johnk”knight1” Watson

^^^^ I suggest we use similar formatting, and be curtious, while on topic. In other words, don't be rude, and make solid points. Sure mine was just a question (it sounds stupid, but I want to be 100% sure), but even if you want answers, do it respectfully, otherwise there is zero chance they will respond. Stick to the point as well, and use common sense, PERIOD. ;) :) :p

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Not to mention show how much we want it, withing reason of course. Threatening not to buy a Wii or Brawl just because it doesn't have online quite frankly is retarted. We need to handle it in a civilized mannor as Wiseguy suggested. Also, here is a exact copy of the e-mail I sent about 12 hours ago to Nintendo Power! Enjoy:

^^^^ I suggest we use similar formatting, and be curtious, while on topic. In other words, don't be rude, and make solid points. Sure mine was just a question (it sounds stupid, but I want to be 100% sure), but even if you want answers, do it respectfully, otherwise there is zero chance they will respond. Stick to the point as well, and use common sense, PERIOD. ;) :) :p
Thanks Johnnight1.... I'm probably going to send an email soon too....

Yes be very courtious...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i support the cause!
at first I thought you were crazy, but after reading the first post through you had a good point, so i e-mailed and signed the petition.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Agh, I forgot to put Dear and sincerely... But I was polite with it.

I have been playing the Super Smash Bros. series since the N64. And became even more of a fan when the most recent Melee was released. I never owned either of the games personally but I love these games and I am sure that Brawl will be a superb game with the addition of an Online feature.

There are many rumours being spread around the web these days. One of them being that online would be a genius idea to add into Brawl. Reading around information by several sites have said it will be in, some have said they are unsure.

I am an owner of a Wii myself and only one of my other friends own one. Also most of my friends that I used to play with have graduated and will be going seperate ways. Being able to play online with others I meet on forums or some I meet on the game itself would be a godsend. I will surely buy this game if it has online capabilities and won't always have to call uo all my friends and buy controllers (Wiimotes/nunchucks etc.) for all of them.

With all these facts working with the game and making it a better game it self with the feature. So I ask, why hasn't anyone working with Nintendo, HAL etc. Stated as a fact and straight out that Brawl will have the ability to go online with other Wiis and their Brawl games? And for that matter, will Brawl indeed have Online?
I feel like I epic failed...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I honestly don't think it's a big deal. I have no doubts it will be in. It's not THAT hard to implement, especially since they already have the global online thing (wifi) already set up.

I wonder if I could really be any good at this game.. I was never any good at.... Well any game.. I was decent and could hold my own at some points but could never be considered Tourney worthy..

I guess time will tell.. I challenge you all!!... After a week or two with some single player..
I'll play ya...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom