• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
I can see your concerns entirely and join you in the "petition" as it were.

However, you don't have as much to worry about at all. When Reggie Fils-Aime was finishing off his round-up of online games for Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl was definitely one of the six screenshots in the background. I know that because I literally jumped for joy upon noticing it. I will search the internet high and dry to find that video clip.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Okay, its a cause for Concern. Wow. Big deal. They already confirmed it way back then, and did confirm it at E3, sorta. It was right after Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, which was right after an Online Game. So either Mario and Sonic will be Online, and So will Brawl, cause they are both in the Online games section. (Mario Kart was after Brawl, which will be ONline) Or Reggie is screwing with us.
I didin't notice the Conferance was diviided into "sections". Reggie pretty much jumped around from one game to the next. Also Mario and Sonic doesn't strike me as a game with an online focus, so....

Maybe these concerns are unjustifiied, but I'm nervous and so are others I've spoken too. If the online in Brawl has been scrapped, then we need to start raising a stink yesterday if we have any (slim) hope of Nintendo altering course.

We need to let our voices be heard, even though more than likely we'll have online. Just to show how much we want/need it. Wiseguy, since the online for most, if not all the Wii games is hosted on Gamespy servers, I'm assuming it will be free, but have advertisements. So everybody makes $$$ while we have fun! :) EVERYBODY wins, the advertisers, Nintendo (by not having to deal with online other than formatting), and Gamespy (by making most the money off advertisements).

I signed up, don't worry. Nintendo just doesn't want to obliterate their 3rd party support's online by having the press go insane on the biggest Wii title by far. But I find it strange they didn't announce it a day or so after that...maybe we'll learn on Monday or something. I find it fishy, but I have no idea what it means. Also, MP3 and Mario and Sonic have no scheduled or announced online as far as I know, and both will probably have at least some form of online features.

And I signed up, with no problems. Now for that e-mail...I need to find a sample e-mail to send or something. Then I'll send it. :) If I get a response, I'll post what I sent and the response on this thread, for sure! :)

Also, if Brawl doesn't have online, I'll use this as a threat! :laugh:

Man, I'm watching the E3 Nintendo conference, and I see why you're worried Wiseguy. We got to hear that Dragon Quest, Mario Kart Wii, Fifa, Madden, etc. will have online, and no hint of Brawl. Although the only exception was when there were 8 multiplayer games on the background, Brawl was the one on the farthest right.

I'll definitely send that e-mail now, and I don't know what to think anymore. O, and Sakurai said IF there is online, he doesn't plan to have a ranking system, and although Reggie said Brawl would have online at last year's E3, Sakurai said that somethings might not be added to Brawl in Novemeber 2006. Hopefully I'm wrong, or Nintendo wants to have us by the b****! :laugh:

Edit: I have a idea for the online. How about the power ranks are up there, showing the best player in the world/certain regions! Sounds like a good idea to me, even though I made it, lol! :laugh:
ATTENTION: Watch the E3 press conference again. Notice when he is recapping about online games, there is a video playing with all the online games. Guess what? Look at the right-most part of the video. Its Brawl.
Ah. but did Reggie ever say "all these games you see will be playable online?" I don't believe so. It wouldn't have cost a scent to just say "Super Smash Bros Brawl will have online play" and it would have silenced critics of Nintendo's online policy. So... why didin't we hear anything?

"Nintendo: Will the game take advantage of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, or can you explain if the game will be online?

Masahiro Sakurai: My plan is to include Wi-Fi Connection compatibility and online functionality. Actually one of the primary reasons the Super Smash Bros. game was created was that Nintendo staff both in the United States and in America [we assume he meant the US and Japan - Ed] said that when taking the home console online, the best title to do so would be Super Smash Bros. But, at the same time, I think it may be a lot of work for us to try to come up with a system that will allow four players to play simultaneously and try to find out who's number one. We're mainly focusing more along the lines of bringing lots of people in together to play simultaneously in perhaps some new and different ways."

I guess they're trying.. but...
Thanks for that quote. This is hardly a good sign. Even a year ago, Sakurai seemed to only half heartedly in his confirmation...

Man, you knew about Delfino Island, Bridge of Eldin and Smashville? Not to mention Assist Trophies? gg, man

And, @ Wiseguy...you're going to have some serious egg on your face when they confirm online in a couple weeks or something. :p Don't blow a gasket over e3. e3 is a joke anymore. And as Reggie said, in the next few weeks, our minds will be blown by new announcements. I'm not worried.

They didn't say anything about Brawl at e3 because they had better things to say. Nintendo isn't Sony; Nintendo isn't Microsoft; so they use their press conferences differently. Sony's entire 1.5 hour conference was trailer trailer trailer trailer...Nintendo is smart. They used it as a real press opportunity. Are they worried about us buying Brawl? No. They used it to expand their market. The fact that Reggie spent the first 15 minutes talking about how they are blowing away the "competition" says it all. Don't get your panties in a bunch because all they gave us at e3 Brawl-related was the release date. That's all we really needed to know. Nintendo was smart about their e3-use time. Divulging Brawl's online capabilities wouldn't have been a good use of time in their press conference.

Besides, I take him at his word: I believe they have some even better stuff in store for us in the near future...
If Nintendo announced online for Brawl today, there would be joy in my heart and I would happily reach into cyberspace and tear down this thread with my bare hands. I don't care how much egg is on my face.

But Nintendo didn't have to divulgre anything new. They just had to restate what they said last year: "Brawl has online. It'll be sweet. Don't sweat it." And yet here we are, mere months away from release and Reggie spends a full minute talking about the online battles in Pokemon Battle Revolution....

A lot of people tend to jump to conclusions and stuff out of fear of something going wrong. In the case of online play, Nintendo made such a large fuss about Brawl being online that if they don't implement it then they will get criticized by EVERY major gaming site/magazine and much worse, their consumers.

If anything, Nintendo is probably not yet ready to reveal information on Brawl's online play at the moment, and they didn't want to bring it up if they couldn't provide good details on it. They already promised it to us, so it would be a really bad idea to go back on their word.

Another thing, there is a possibility that Brawl won't be online in the beginning, but the Wii can recieve updates, so they might just don't want to announce that Brawl online still has a lot of kinks that might take months to work out post Brawl's release.

I'm just trying to get people to see that there are many *other* viable roads one can speculate on that aren't as pessimistic. Nintendo didn't mess up with SSB, or melee, so why do we all expect Nintendo to fail us this time around? Honestly, this is probably the most epic team Nintendo has put together so far, lets try to give them the benefit of the doubt for a change.
I didn't need to here any specifics about the online, but not even a reconfirmation? Nintendio left no selfcongradulatory pat on the back unexploited in that conferance. So why not even a fleeting mention of their most exciting gameplay features in years? It wouldn't have cost a scent and it would have compelled evwen more people to try and hunt down a Wii.

I have complete faith in Sakurai and hsi team to create the best game imaginable. My concern is that Nintendo will pressure Sakurai to release the game before he has time to make the game he wants.

Bottom line: if Nintendo is even considering canceling Brawl's online mode, we need to strike while the iron is hot, not until we hear for certain one way or another. And if it's just a matter of miscommunication... well I think we have a right to know that too.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'm sure that since Brawl going online has been mentioned before E3, they're not going to take it away. If they didn't, as MookieRah said, they would be criticized immensely by the game industry and the consumers.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Chances are, online will probably be in. Sure, there was nothing about it in E3, maybe they're not prepared to mention it yet?

But as others said before me, when he was speaking about online games, Brawl was in the back too. Maybe he just didn't bother naming all the games that would have online in the future? Yes, Brawl is the most expected Nintendo game next to Galaxy, but what can ya do.

I signed anyway, for sake of boredom. But don't get your hopes down just yet, even if they don't have online when it releases, they're perfectly capable of releasing online afterwards. They don't even need to push the release date further back.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Sucess! It looks the Mods have decided to let my thread live! Thanks guys.

Anyway, I'm pleased to report that in less than 24 hours our petition has already recieved 60 signitures. Great work you guys. Please tell all your friends.

Anyway, to everyone who says I am overreacting: I don't disagree. This is admittedly me jumping the gun. But this is Brawl we're talking about here people. We need to start taking precautionary measures, just in case our worst fears are confirmed. At any rate, we might just succeed in squeezing more info out of Nintendo if we get their attention...

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
How can you not care and not use it. It is the reason, or at least one of them, that Brawl is going to be such a great game.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
If Brawl doesn't have online play then, then brawl is just like melee, just new and a bit better. If Brawl does have online, then it's a next gen game, and the Wii will also be next gen.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I didn't need to here any specifics about the online, but not even a reconfirmation? Nintendio left no selfcongradulatory pat on the back unexploited in that conferance. So why not even a fleeting mention of their most exciting gameplay features in years? It wouldn't have cost a scent and it would have compelled evwen more people to try and hunt down a Wii.
I can think of one possibility off the top of my head:
I don't think Nintendo would want to say something along the lines of "Brawl will be online... buuuuuuuuut due to the complexity of the issue it might not be incorporated till after launch..." at E3.

Another is that there is only a set amount of time that Nintendo has, and they didn't prepare much for Brawl at E3 this year. Last year they spent a lot of their time discussing this title and they clearly said that online play will be in Brawl, so this time around maybe they wanted their other games to be in the spotlight.

Brawl outshines a lot of other games to a lot of people, so by not bringing it up they have a chance for some of their lesser known titles to get the spotlight.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ All very good points, but it's better safe then sorry.

I'm still wonder what to write, but I think I'll write to Nintendo asking if online is confirmed or not. If I get a response, I'll post it here, but I think I won't send it for another few hours or so. This thing has me confused, lol I can't think properly! :laugh:

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I dont give a flying cow if Brawl is online or not. If it is, great. If it isn't, oh well, not enough time.
Are you serious?

If there's no online, it's just Melee with different characters. I personally want to see something new and exciting hit this series! And would you not feel somewhat let down since they said there would be online?

The way I see it is that there are so many games Nintendo has brought us - even DS games - that have great online multiplayer. If Brawl does not have this, I will be pretty PO'd, since it is one of the best games that Nintendo has ever created.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
^^^ All very good points, but it's better safe then sorry.
Well, frankly, this is a waste of everyones time. Online petitions and emails to game companies never work. Besides, it's too little too late. They already set the date, and if they plan to not have online they aren't going to back out of it now.

Caael

Smash Lord
Are you serious?

If there's no online, it's just Melee with different characters. I personally want to see something new and exciting hit this series! And would you not feel somewhat let down since they said there would be online?

The way I see it is that there are so many games Nintendo has brought us - even DS games - that have great online multiplayer. If Brawl does not have this, I will be pretty PO'd, since it is one of the best games that Nintendo has ever created.
Yes, I am serious. I said I wouldn't mind if it is in, but I wouldn't care if it isn't. I dont not want it in, I just wouldn't care if it's not. It's not like i'll use it if it is in, so if it's not in, it wont make a difference.

Is there a problem with it being melee with different characters, better items, awesome graphics and basically a step up? It's what Melee did to Smash 64.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
So there have been several people saying that Sakuri has already said that Brawl will be online. I've also been looking around the net, like G4tv.com, exclusive E3 coeverage etc. They also say Nintendo has assured us that Brawl will be online. But out of all of those places, they haven't really given any proof. All of my fears shall henceforth be alieved if at least one person can provide some sort of proof, like a link, to somewhere when I can see with my own eyes that Sakuri has said, for a fact, anything along the lines of "Yeah, like totally, Brawl is gonna be online".

Micahc

Smash Ace
Oh

My

Moses.

They never mentioned online so it's confirmed to be out?!! I am so going to die over this! They never mentioned Captain Falcon either so... HE'S OUT TO?! What about my beloved Luigi?!? Dear God! Imma gonna make a petition for Luigi! Join me all who suffer from paranoia!

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I really don't want the game online. There hasn't been an instance of a fighting game being competitive grade ONLINE.

With the technical fighters it becomes particularly bad. When you've got input windows as small as one frame, any lag, no matter how minuscule or consistent, is completely unacceptable. Frame traps can become abusive, and some moves basically become invisible.

But you don't have to play it online, the naysayers say. If it were only that simple.

From the developer standpoint, the best case scenario is that they leave the core game in tact and have a broken online game.

Worst case scenario, they tweak the core game to make some things better online, and both the core game and the online game are broken.

As competitive players, you want the most solid game possible.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
If I were you, I'd be less worried about whether or not the game will be online, and more about how the online mode will function. Anyone with a DS could tell you that you should be afraid. In Metroid Prime: Hunters, it's impossible to play any mode other than standard deathmatches online. Even Mario Kart DS had about a quarter of its stages removed in the online mode. And I hear that Pokemon Battle Revolution battles will be friend-code only. In all likelihood, even if SSBB does have an online mode (and it probably will), you'll probably just get randomly assigned to a four-player free-for-all two minute timed match or something, with no room for any kind of customization whatsoever. Maybe special friend-code only games would allow for mode customization...maybe. And how many milliseconds of lag does it take before a game like Brawl becomes virtually unplayable? Even for those who play without too many frame-perfect advanced techniques, I'd have to imagine that lag tolerance would still be very low.

I don't mean to sound too uncaring here. If Brawl DID turn out to have a zero-lag, lobby-style, fully customizable online mode, it would probably be one of the most wonderful things to happen in Nintendo history. But even as I say that, in my head, it sounds almost the same as if I had said "it would be wonderful if this game had a roster of two hundred unique and balanced fighters". Unless Nintendo uses SSBB as the one single game to completely revolutionize their current methods of designing online games, the odds of it being more than a disappointment are very, very slim.

The point is that my expectations for a fun, playable online mode are perilously low, and have been since day one. I'd be completely blown away if I was wrong, but even if I'm right, it wouldn't keep SSBB from being the most fun I've ever had playing a videogame.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, frankly, this is a waste of everyones time. Online petitions and emails to game companies never work. Besides, it's too little too late. They already set the date, and if they plan to not have online they aren't going to back out of it now.
It also shows how much we want online, though saying you won't buy a Wii/Brawl unless it has online is overreacting and lame.

@ Wyvern
Games have function online, just look at Counter-Strike, Halo, Star Craft, etc. Plus Sakurai seems to be removing things and adding newer and better ideas to lower lag, like making the constantly button smashing the A button into a hold the A button deal, and i'm sure he'll do the same thing with Fox's laser, and stuff like that.

The formatting and function should have ranked and unranked games, and options/modes/customizability equal in both. It should have a option to choose what stage(s), what mode (stock, coin, special melees, etc.), items on/off (OFF!), damage % (1.0), and area. most importantly area, whether you want LAN, local, regional, state/province wide, nationwide, continental, worldwide, universewide (to face aliens!). Also, you should be able to choose the least laggy games using this, and you should be able to find your friends online, like the format of the 360's Xbox Live. Just a thought.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
If Nintendo announced online for Brawl today, there would be joy in my heart and I would happily reach into cyberspace and tear down this thread with my bare hands. I don't care how much egg is on my face.

But Nintendo didn't have to divulgre anything new. They just had to restate what they said last year: "Brawl has online. It'll be sweet. Don't sweat it." And yet here we are, mere months away from release and Reggie spends a full minute talking about the online battles in Pokemon Battle Revolution....
You missed my entire point. Try reading it again.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I can think of one possibility off the top of my head:
I don't think Nintendo would want to say something along the lines of "Brawl will be online... buuuuuuuuut due to the complexity of the issue it might not be incorporated till after launch..." at E3.

Another is that there is only a set amount of time that Nintendo has, and they didn't prepare much for Brawl at E3 this year. Last year they spent a lot of their time discussing this title and they clearly said that online play will be in Brawl, so this time around maybe they wanted their other games to be in the spotlight.

Brawl outshines a lot of other games to a lot of people, so by not bringing it up they have a chance for some of their lesser known titles to get the spotlight.
Anything is possible, for all we know. Let's be honest: we are both just speculating.

A waste of time? More so than the "White background=Dr. Mario Confirmed" thread?

Oh

My

Moses.

They never mentioned online so it's confirmed to be out?!! I am so going to die over this! They never mentioned Captain Falcon either so... HE'S OUT TO?! What about my beloved Luigi?!? Dear God! Imma gonna make a petition for Luigi! Join me all who suffer from paranoia!
*Sigh.* Why doesn't anyone read what I've written in my original post?

Obviously, Nintendo hasn't confirmed that Brawl WON'T be online, but I find it very, very odd that Nintendo is saying nil about what is widely considered to be the most anticipated feature in their most anticipated game. The conclusion drawn by many, including 1up.com > http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161020 is that the reason Nintendo hasn't been singing from the roof tops about Brawl's online mode is because there is no online mode to speak of. At the very least, Nintendo's silence on this matter at E3, and on Brawl in general, indicates that Nintendo is unclear whether Sakurai's team have time to include an online mode and still have the game completed this holiday season.
Nothing is for certain people. All I'm saying is that we should be concerned. Poke fun at my Chicken Little imintation if you will, but don't come whining to me when the sky falls.

If I were you, I'd be less worried about whether or not the game will be online, and more about how the online mode will function. Anyone with a DS could tell you that you should be afraid. In Metroid Prime: Hunters, it's impossible to play any mode other than standard deathmatches online. Even Mario Kart DS had about a quarter of its stages removed in the online mode. And I hear that Pokemon Battle Revolution battles will be friend-code only. In all likelihood, even if SSBB does have an online mode (and it probably will), you'll probably just get randomly assigned to a four-player free-for-all two minute timed match or something, with no room for any kind of customization whatsoever. Maybe special friend-code only games would allow for mode customization...maybe. And how many milliseconds of lag does it take before a game like Brawl becomes virtually unplayable? Even for those who play without too many frame-perfect advanced techniques, I'd have to imagine that lag tolerance would still be very low.

I don't mean to sound too uncaring here. If Brawl DID turn out to have a zero-lag, lobby-style, fully customizable online mode, it would probably be one of the most wonderful things to happen in Nintendo history. But even as I say that, in my head, it sounds almost the same as if I had said "it would be wonderful if this game had a roster of two hundred unique and balanced fighters". Unless Nintendo uses SSBB as the one single game to completely revolutionize their current methods of designing online games, the odds of it being more than a disappointment are very, very slim.

The point is that my expectations for a fun, playable online mode are perilously low, and have been since day one. I'd be completely blown away if I was wrong, but even if I'm right, it wouldn't keep SSBB from being the most fun I've ever had playing a videogame.
I am concerned about the quality of Brawl's online aswell (if the the lag is atrocious enough, that would ruin my enjoyment) but if the only option is four players, time limit with random stage - I actually wouldn't mind that much. I'd love more customization, but the important thing to me is having the ability to go online and face off agaginst other human beings: ala Metroid Prime Hunters.

But hey, if you want an example of an multiplayer Nintendo game that gets online right, just look at Mario Strikers Charaged for Wii. From the impresion I've heard at IGN, the online offers a robust package with no friend codes.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
They didn't say anything about Brawl at e3 because they had better things to say. Nintendo isn't Sony; Nintendo isn't Microsoft; so they use their press conferences differently. Sony's entire 1.5 hour conference was trailer trailer trailer trailer...Nintendo is smart. They used it as a real press opportunity. Are they worried about us buying Brawl? No. They used it to expand their market. The fact that Reggie spent the first 15 minutes talking about how they are blowing away the "competition" says it all. Don't get your panties in a bunch because all they gave us at e3 Brawl-related was the release date. That's all we really needed to know. Nintendo was smart about their e3-use time. Divulging Brawl's online capabilities wouldn't have been a good use of time in their press conference.

Besides, I take him at his word: I believe they have some even better stuff in store for us in the near future...
You missed my entire point. Try reading it again.
And I think you missed mine. A single comment (ie: "Brawl is online. Moving on...") would not have outclassed third paty games or taken away from casual games like Wii Fit. Heck, they played the "Mario Kart is online!" card with new gameplay footage and everything, so not throw a bone to Smash Bros?

Will we have a mini event in the near future that reveals all? I really, really hope so. But I'm not going to bet the farm on that just yet.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Will we have a mini event in the near future that reveals all? I really, really hope so. But I'm not going to bet the farm on that just yet.
I almost am, but nothing is for sure, until we have pure hard evidence. There are loop holes everywhere on both sides, and we need to see those holes filled. Nintendo needs a post-E3 confernence, confirming Brawl will have online, showing off the game that will probably be the most played online Wii game from Brawl's launch on.

In fact, I wouldn't be crazy to say everu minute of everyday from that day it will be the most played Wii game in terms of online play. This is all just speculation, and it's anyone's guess when Nintendo will make the move about Brawl's online. Just a thought.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
After he finishes talking about online/Mario Kart he says: "So, to recap: The purpose of the Wii Zapper and the ground-breaking control of Metroid and the introduction of Wiiware and the online option from Madden to Kart, all this makes games feel fresh again no matter how long you've been playing..."

And six games are in the background, they are: a FPS (RE?), Metroid, Fifa, Kart, Madden, and Brawl. FPS goes with the zapper, Metroid goes with metroid, and the other four?...um...online perhaps??

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
But isn't this the last E3 before Ssbb is out? You would think that they would say at least that it's got online. I'm not saying that it's not going to have online, but something fishy is going on,

the grim lizard

Smash Master
But isn't this the last E3 before Ssbb is out? You would think that they would say at least that it's got online. I'm not saying that it's not going to have online, but something fishy is going on,
I really wish the edit would work...

To quote Reggie: "What you'll see and what you'll hear this week is only a beginning. There's a lot more news to come. And trust me, it's the best Smash Bros. ever. By far."

So shut up, everyone! :p

Florida

イーグランツ
Brawl will most likely have online play, they never said that they wouldn't. But the fact that they didn't even mention the name Super Smash when the online function was being discussed, it sort of caused commotion for all of the fans here at SWF.

I don't really doubt the chances of online play for Brawl, but you can never be too sure. And if we can contact Nintendo to say that we're all for Brawl being online, then hey, why not? Nintendo probably does care about the quality of that game, so they will most likely consider our e-mails to the best they can. Sakurai especially.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really wish the edit would work...

To quote Reggie: "What you'll see and what you'll hear this week is only a beginning. There's a lot more news to come. And trust me, it's the best Smash Bros. ever. By far."

So shut up, everyone! :p
In other words, I think it means this month is the decisive month, and this week is the most decisive week of them all for online! And last I checked, when games have online it is confirmed multiple times, so that's something to consider. However, more than likely Brawl will have online, but there is nothing wrong with signing a petition showing our support. In fact, I'd say it shows support, if done properly, without Nintendo hate and done respectively as Wiseguy formatted it. :)

M.K

Level 55
I sent an E-Mail, so that's good....

I just think that Nintendo may have completely shunned the hard-core gamer in favor of the larger casual gaming audience...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I swear...did you guys even LISTEN to the press conference?? He said the gamer core is still the gamer core, but Nintendo is the ONLY one expanding their market. THAT'S A GOOD THING. I means more money to fund games like Smash. They aren't going to screw us. Let me reiterate: THEY AREN'T GOING TO SCREW US. Sorry if I'm getting so defensive, but I don't like people bagging on Nintendo, especially the Smash Community.

saud

Smash Lord
On the availability of color variations, Miyamoto said, "Not at launch. Until Spring, we'll have a supply limitation, so we want to avoid the situation where people don't buy because their favorite color isn't available. We'll provide new colors after that. Our aim is a design that's not scary.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732873p1.html

And until now Nintendo didn't release a different colored Wii or Wiimotes...although we all know that they were both shown when Wii was codenames Revolution....same time as when they said that SSBB would be online :)

So, yeah, still a huge possibility that it won't be online....and I, living so far away form everyone, will suffer a lot of lag in online play :p

But I still want it to be included nonetheless, so...I signedthe petition (Y)

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
There really isnt any credibility to the idea that Nintendo is shifting focus away from the core gamer. They have major releases in almost every main franchise within 18 months of launch, and THATS a focus shift? Its probably the exact opposite, one of the most aggressive 1st party core pushes in the history of the company.

Growing the market on the side only helps 3rd parties lend more support. You can thank the likes of Brain Age directly for Dragon Quest 9 on DS.

greenblob

Smash Lord
If you're doing this, I think that it's a good idea to mention that it'd be really nice if Brawl's online has a tournament style setup for random online matches.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
A tournament option would be sweet, even if Nintendo doesn't do it themselves there will most definately be ones set up by individuals....assuming online play is delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom