• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's hard to imagine how armada could step up his game any more.... it's definitely possible, but he's probably maxed out peach moreso than any player has ever maxed out another character.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's hard to imagine how armada could step up his game any more.... it's definitely possible, but he's probably maxed out peach moreso than any player has ever maxed out another character.
But he could make less mistakes when under pressure. He clearly missed a lot of stuff during the last matches of GF, stuff I've never seen him miss.

I like how Dr. Pidgey got owned in WF, then 4-0'd leffen to gain some exp and evolve into Dr. Pidgeotto. However that was still not quite enough, he needs to become Dr. Pidgeot.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That goes for all players... making less mistakes under pressure. I said the same thing about armada not playing as well as he normally does in some situations at the end there... but I have to keep it on the low or a handful of worthless forum trolls will think that I'm "johning".

PP did get owned in WF. He played nothing like he normally does (nerves). I said the same thing about mango when he lost to armada last <--- which is written off as johns by whoever hears it... apparently some people actually believe mango CC's peaches dsmash that often? whatever lmao. The second set of GF gave us a better idea of how the 2 players compared in a tournament setting, I just wish this wasn't PP's first PAL tourney (of course that will be labeled as a john, but it's fact, so deal with it). Armada (although he didn't play his best) outplayed PP in the end and deserved the win.

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
What Armada did in Genesis 1 is like x10 what PP did here. Dont even compare it

Luma

Smash Lord
armada always comes up with new stuff for peach, for example just take his "new" turnip edgeguard where he goes offstage to catch it and throw it again, he didnt do that at G1 and already there people couldnt believe their eyes what i peach is able to do

and there is alot of other stuff aswell, esp what he does when beeing forced on the edge which alot of people dont really recognize if they dont play on a highlevel

Luma

Smash Lord
not sure if troll or just stupid...

armada came as someone unknown to the us scene and *****
pp came as the 2nd best player from the us

also going from pal to ntsc is worse aswell

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
PP wasn't as free as I expected(then again he got 4-0'd so idk), but it's a bit of stretch to call it close. PP never go to tournament point. It's not much different(probably worse) than the trashing Armada gave PP at Apex.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I'm saying both were impressive feats despite not being able to come away with the win whereas it just sounds like you're trying to diminish PP's accomplishment. I guess in Armada's case he was a lot more slept on but that really has nothing to do with what was done itself, just how much of an upset it was.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I wouldn't contribute to a mango fund.

I think that before I would give him money, I'd have to think that he really wanted it

If he really wanted it he'd get good enough to beat armada, win US tourneys, save money, not spend it all on booze, and pay his way to Europe.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I'm saying both were impressive feats despite not being able to come away with the win whereas it just sounds like you're trying to diminish PP's accomplishment. I guess in Armada's case he was a lot more slept on but that really has nothing to do with what was done itself, just how much of an upset it was.
I wouldn't say it was too much of an upset. PP lost to Armada (kinda predictable) and beat everyone else in Europe (mostly expected).

Armada's trip to the US kinda set the precedent for US & European smasher relations. He just came, no one knew him, he hardly knew us, and he managed to get 2nd with all the people screaming "HOLY CRAP, THIS RANDOM PEACH OUTTA NOWHERE EZ SOO GOOOD"

Dr. PeePee is already pretty well known both in US and in Europe. He's already had matches with Armada and lots of other top players, so smashers all over the world, even in Europe, should know his skill level.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What Armada did in Genesis 1 is like x10 what PP did here. Dont even compare it
yea i agree, getting 2nd at genesis was actually impressive and difficult compared to PP 3-0ing every one except armada at this tourney

darkatma

Smash Hero
dumb thread

All the sets were amazing!

To the people who think Armada has no more room to improve, that's not true at all. Armada is the most perfect peach out there, but I'm sure he knows he could take his spacing game to even better levels. It's the nuances that end up mattering the most, especially since he can zero to death anyone already with one touch.

And I'm sure peepee is already thinking of 10 things he could've done better lol, because he's just that amazing.

Armada

Smash Lord
NTSC johns not okay- Pal johns okay (worse for me then for PP)
Crowd johns in the USA not okay - In Europe okay (much more crowd and also louder in the USA)
PP played badly in WF and people tell me how I played in GF

Europe are free expect for me (according to many Americans) and still are second place her the same as Genesis 1 so I guess America is free as hell then.

Well GGs PP Im looking forward to our next set =)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hmm, i don't know how free europe is but i was disappointed by ice..usually when i watch his vs falco it's on par with what i consider the highest level of vs falco..like m2k taj level...but his set with leffen was so bad I couldn't even watch it. Did he just not get enough practice before the tourney? the moves he was throwing out have absolutely no place in the matchup...they are the sort of moves you throw out when you're panicking because a player is consistently outspacing you...

is leffen just that much better than Ice at spacing? cause I know from watching other sets of Ice that he doesn't normally play that sloppy

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
as much as i love ice, he deserved 5th anyway, game 5 vs zgetto was a joke

D

Deleted member

At this point you are just being a pu$$y lol. Shut the **** up you little *****. I never said anyone was inferior or superior to anyone else. We need less people like YOU around, that have contributed NOTHING to this community rofl. **** you.
I know TRLahti because he put up awesome tales of symphonia videos 3+ years ago. Him putting up videos from another game has done more for members of this community than anything you ever did. You live in a neighboring state from me and I still have no idea who you are. Get real.

edit: and we have a tales of symphonia thread in the MBR, for the record.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
hmm, i don't know how free europe is but i was disappointed by ice..usually when i watch his vs falco it's on par with what i consider the highest level of vs falco..like m2k taj level...but his set with leffen was so bad I couldn't even watch it. Did he just not get enough practice before the tourney? the moves he was throwing out have absolutely no place in the matchup...they are the sort of moves you throw out when you're panicking because a player is consistently outspacing you...

is leffen just that much better than Ice at spacing? cause I know from watching other sets of Ice that he doesn't normally play that sloppy
I was also really disappointed with Ice as well. I was hoping that he underperformed at Apex, but after this tourney, I've kinda lost interest in him as a player. He's still really good though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
NTSC johns not okay- Pal johns okay (worse for me then for PP)
Crowd johns in the USA not okay - In Europe okay (much more crowd and also louder in the USA)
PP played badly in WF and people tell me how I played in GF

Europe are free expect for me (according to many Americans) and still are second place her the same as Genesis 1 so I guess America is free as hell then.

Well GGs PP Im looking forward to our next set =)
Lol? Complain more.

I know TRLahti because he put up awesome tales of symphonia videos 3+ years ago. Him putting up videos from another game has done more for members of this community than anything you ever did. You live in a neighboring state from me and I still have no idea who you are. Get real.

edit: and we have a tales of symphonia thread in the MBR, for the record.
Nubreon, please. I'm glad you have no idea who I am rofl. You are pathetic. You've been obsessed with this game since day 1 and never really made your mark skill-wise. But, you will always be remembered for THINKING you are good and THINKING you are important and respected, as if your opinions mean something. My bad, you're also pretty good at kissing top players' *****. Lol gj

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ice got 4th, and he was amazing! Sup with the hate?
If you played Leffen yourselves, you'd see why Ice had a harder time being awesome-Ice compared to the other players he played. Not like Falco doesn't give Marth a lot of pressure, derp.
It's so easy to just sit, watch and criticize when you are not playing yourselves!

Another thing: PP is the second best player of USA, so it doesn't really mean that Europe is free just because he beat all our best players, except Armada. That is just ignorance.
Props to PP to be the first, and possibly the last top American player who got the balls to get here. You Americans are masters of being loud-mouths, but when it comes to it, you are just wuzzies. Mango has been talking about coming over here for YEARS, but he still hasn't. And then he expects people to pay for him to get here because he thinks he is so awesome, while he possibly got more enough money to pay the trip himself. I'd easily not contribute to his fund.

Another thing, and this is for Ace: You should have seen all the Europeans rooting for PP. Also, there was no EUROPE-chanting, because we respect the other players. The crowd was very neutral, and got equally hyped when PP did awesome stuff compared to Armada. If you started to cry because MikeHaggar was obviously joking around on the stream for a few minutes, I feel sorry for you.

Last words: PP is awesome, and did great! I hope that he kinda started a trend by coming to Europe, but I highly doubt THAT will happen, as this is the first time in fawking -->10<-- years that USA got the balls to actually get here. If anything, I think PP might come back, but the other top players just don't have the balls. Talking big on the internet is way too easy, and USA has done this for WAY too long, so we know what to expect.

For the record: I love the American players, and I might come back to USA some time in the future :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I have directed no message toward the general population of any european country lol, just a message to all the haters saying **** america.

Wuzzies? lmao

Varist

Smash Lord
hey strong bad i can fix the white pixels on that profile piccur for yu

edit: but you gotta tell me ok bc i did it for kk once n ended up wastin my time cus he didneven care

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd use it if you fixed it. happened with my other DK avatar and someone else fixed that. :3~

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say it was too much of an upset. PP lost to Armada (kinda predictable) and beat everyone else in Europe (mostly expected).
I wasn't saying PP's performance was an upset. I was saying that a big difference for this and Genesis 1 for these 2 players' first overseas tournament was that PP was expected to do well where Armada was heavily underrated before the tournament when he obviously should not have been.

@Armada where are you hearing these johns? I guess before the tournament people were wondering how PP would adjust to Falco's PAL dair but I don't think it was a john as much as something PP would need to overcome. It didn't affect him at all as far as I'm aware. And most people seem to be saying you didn't lay your best either so I don't get it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i saw falco's dair be relevant once or twice in his sets and those times he combo'd it into nair

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Mango has been talking about coming over here for YEARS, but he still hasn't. And then he expects people to pay for him to get here because he thinks he is so awesome, while he possibly got more enough money to pay the trip himself. I'd easily not contribute to his fund.
I don't think you understand how hard it is for americans to travel to Europe... Its way more expensive for us to get over there than it is for you guys to come over here.
Doesn't help that until recently the Euro was destroying the USD, however, its a lot closer now so you may get to see some more Americans over there

But traveling to European countries, ESPECIALLY up in Norway and Sweden and stuff is outrageously expensive.

You can't just assume Mango makes the money to get over there.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Yeah it's just expensive to go out of country...I don't know how Europe has come to America as much as they have to be honest.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Yeah it's just expensive to go out of country...I don't know how Europe has come to America as much as they have to be honest.
I think the travel expenses are around the same.

We get like +$150 every month from just attending school. That's Sweden at least and in Denmark they get even more.

Max?

Smash Champion
Falco is pretty much the same in PAL, the difference in Dair is damn near negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom