• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
U fkn sold it ??? What in hell went through ur mind ??
Nvm, if u can give me some tips on how to get one by pm, this would be nice dude...

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I'm sorry that the interest list is quite outdated. Have had quite some stuff to do lately. I will update it tonight :)

Also, I'd like you to know I'm starting an organization for this. Thus I can use all the money used for prepaying an entrance ticket as prize money, if I want to, without getting any questions of where the money went from the government. I do this in case we get more money than we need to for paying all the things related to the tournament. Thus the money that are left over for the entrance fees will be put right into the prize pot. Once the organization is "up and running", I will get a bank account for the organization, then I will use that account with the ticket deal I got some months ago. Unless something gets changed there, the price for pre-ordering entrance tickets will be 215 NOK each.

You are free to ask questions about this (preferably openly, so everyone can see them, and I don't need to answer them twice). I will answer them as soon as I can

For DotA2: There will of course not be any DotA2 tournament here, but I'm a big fan of the DotA-series(if you can call it that), and is playing Heroes of Newerth while waiting for the long awaited DotA2. But, I suggest everyone who's playing DotA2 by then will share their DotA2 tags somewhere so ppl can play together =D

Dude add me on hon ! my name is Mister_R

Mr-R

Smash Champion
C'mon guyz, why don't u just play DotA ? -_-
cause hon is a better looking/ better gameplay version of dota :D

just like brawl and melee

[COLLAPSE=" "]:awesome:[/COLLAPSE]

edit: I don't have a dota key

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I won't start a flame war, coz actually I'm very surprised there's that much HoN players.
Coz noone plays HoN :p

I'm just sorry people rely on graphics rather than game mechanisms nowadays ^^
But u can play Brawl and/or HoN, I don't really bother, I was just teasin :p

Too bad u don't have a key to spare, this might be the game that will unite all of us :p

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
You know; DotA would be all good if it didn't suffer from the major problems like it does.
Like laggy servers, leavers, random disconnects(with no chance of reconnecting), no real control of which level the other players were, plus random things that cannot be done cuz of the fact that DotA is a mod.

I believe most DotA player went to HoN because it was supposed to be like DotA. The rest, including the very poor DotA players that could not afford to pay 20$ for a game, went to LoL(which used the base idea of DotA and created a more overall-friendly game, removing the hardcore parts of DotA).

All those DotA problems were however fixed in HoN, plus a lot of additional features were added. When we got HoN, I really see no reason to play DotA. When DotA2 gets released however, I will most likely move on to that game.

Luma

Smash Lord
well, 1 reason to stay at dota is because the updates (thx icefrog) are alot better, all i hear from my hon-friends are complains about ****ty updates

and all the problems you are talking about only count for public games, so if you play for example on DLG, D-L or DC you wont have lags, you can reconnect and leavers will be punished (also people will be punished for flaming/etc), there is a simple command (-ma) to check the level, but you could also easily open the info on the top right

so yeah, hon still sucks =D, its only better then dota if you play bnet public

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
well, 1 reason to stay at dota is because the updates (thx icefrog) are alot better, all i hear from my hon-friends are complains about ****ty updates

and all the problems you are talking about only count for public games, so if you play for example on DLG, D-L or DC you wont have lags, you can reconnect and leavers will be punished (also people will be punished for flaming/etc), there is a simple command (-ma) to check the level, but you could also easily open the info on the top right

so yeah, hon still sucks =D, its only better then dota if you play bnet public
HoN is getting worse. Used to be much better. Especially before it went f2p.
I am however not familiar with anything except Garena when it comes to play DotA with less ****ed up lag. I am not familiar with DLG, but I might check it out if it is as good as you are talking about.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Theres no major differences between HoN and DotA like there is between LoL and DotA for instance. Sure.
But still.

And, as Luma said, everything ur talking about (and every HoN players tells me about) - disconnections, lags, matchmakings etc... - is already fixed guyz.

U just have to play on other clients than Bnet, which sucks hard.

DLG for example (DoltaLicious Gaming) is an very easy to use and practical client, where u start skill level 0 and can climb up to skill level 4 or 3 + vouches. Then u can play with people of the same level.
Plus theres normal games, where u can stack with mates, or matchmaking games.
Every game is hosted by a server, u can choose a server and make it create a game or just join a currently hosted game.
Servers are located at a lot of different places (there's even a server in Malmö :p ).

What now ? Huh yeah, leavers get a ban, no exceptions, and the more u get reported for bad behavior etc and the more u leave, the more time u get banned.

Every account created is associated to the computer u created this account on, so u can't multi account on the same computer.

See ? There's been a lot of changes ever since :p

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm glad to hear that things have improved in DotA. I really am.
Haven't really been updated on the DotA situation since HoN came out.
Still got DotA game on my comp, so might check out that client :)

Edit: Besides, I miss Tidehunter =(

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to hear that things have improved in DotA. I really am.
Haven't really been updated on the DotA situation since HoN came out.
Still got DotA game on my comp, so might check out that client :)

Edit: Besides, I miss Tidehunter =(
I can understand why u miss him :p

U should just check dotalicious website, everything is done from there.
This is where u login, enter a game, and when the game is filled, the client u downloaded previously launches automatically and connects u to the game through Frozen Throne.

Nevermind, heard these boards are about melee, so I'll let u check by yourself and u'll see :p
If u go back to DotA, just warn me ^^

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I won't start a flame war, coz actually I'm very surprised there's that much HoN players.
Coz noone plays HoN :p

I'm just sorry people rely on graphics rather than game mechanisms nowadays ^^
But u can play Brawl and/or HoN, I don't really bother, I was just teasin :p

Too bad u don't have a key to spare, this might be the game that will unite all of us :p
I was teasing too haha :p
I could defintely agree on hon getting worse ever since it got F2P, stupid servers not werking as well either sometimes

Beat!

Smash Master
CRUSH:

MONEYMATCH???

My Marth vs your whatever.

@Dota debate
Dota>>>>>>>>HoN lol

But Dota 2 and Blizzard Dota will steal the entire audience anyway.

Beat!

Smash Master
Idk man, it's looking pretty cool. Add to that all the hype heroes from the Blizzard Universe (Kerrigan, Arthas etc), and the fact that it's, well, Blizzard.

I was pretty skeptical at first too, but idk. I think it could end up being really good.

Dota 2 DOES have the benefit of being developed by Icefrog, though.

Edit: LOL at my #1000 post on a smash forum being about Dota XD

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
over, phyr,kyochi and helmet from spain also interested, and most probably we will buy our flight soon as possible

PD: the venue will open all night?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Guys, if any of you are interested in Buddy Passes to get to Apex for about half price, then send me a private message or message me on facebook. facebook.com/mew2king

make sure to tell me who you are and that you want a buddy pass.

I have a limited amount and they are running out and it is first come first serve so talk to me if you guys are interested.

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
most probably we will have news about him tomorrow, i don't know if he will go there, but for now i don't know anything more

Well, it took me almost four hours to read the entire thread + watching the Venue-Video. As well I just registered (again though I forgot my PW on my Account) only to say;
I'm interested.
I'm from Switzerland and I will talk to AE. (Tony) about this tournament and get his lazy a** over to Norway.

Where do I register for the Street Fighter tournament? I want to participate in this event as well. Actually, I'm more interested in the SF tournament but this event is that HUGE and like every player I wanted to meet from the German-Smash-Community is attending or at least interested. F*** yeah.

Anyway I'm F***ing HYPED!

PS: Are there any rules for controllers? A friend of mine wants to learn Melee on a customized Dualshock-PS3 controller... Is this legit?

E// Also a friend of mine will be attending.
sBastiZH is his Nick.
Oh and please add me under "P!z@". Thanks.

theotherdoomguy

Smash Rookie
The Northern Ireland scene is now aware of this tournament. It's safe to assume that I will be there.
How do I go about getting confirmed for it, considering this is my first international tournament?

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
i'm very interested.

if i come, i would be traveling with Blund_Ocject(canada)

i would be representing Canada and Mexico i guess ; )

X17the17th

Smash Cadet
I don't believe any Ryanair flights from the Netherlands to Norway are scheduled. You're probably going to have to go to Brussels (Charleroi). That's what Ryuker, Faab and Zgetto did last time.

Top Bottom