• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashed Together- A Project M Tournament Debut-8bit vs. Stingers $100mm stream!!

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
I really want a big smash tourney in FL. I miss the days of gigs where we had players from all over the state get together to compete and play together. Let's get people to this. Ima try and get a car with Hbox, plup, pi and myself. (prob one other person) and see if we can get UCF to come down to. I think SFL and CFL need to get together and play more, but that takes effort from both sides. Florida could be as active a region as New England or Cali, and be the strongest in the U.S.

The only concern that I have for this is the fact that tourney entry is 5$. I don't know how other people feel about this, but if I were to travel 3.5 hours, I would at least want to compete for a little more than 5$.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I agree with the entrance fee. I feel for such a large tourney it should be at least $10.

Also David put me down as a Set-Up for Brawl.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
The purpose of it being $5 entry fee is to have more people enter. Let's face it, a majority of the people joining these tournaments are pot-fillers, so they join mainly for the practice and for the fun of it all. The best part of this is that it's only $5 to be able to do all this AND have a -slim- shot of winning some cash. But hey, maybe having it $10 could give some of the better competition some incentive to join.

What do I know, I'm just a scrub :awesome:

8Bitman

Smash Master
I'd say do it for respect more than anything.

It is the majority's choice. I just feel that for the people who traveled so far for a semi-large tourney that competition for more money would be better.

Hell i'd enter for any fee, just saying.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Hmmm...let me see my budget here...if it becomes 10 bucks

20 for gas
5 for door fee
20 for Melee/Brawl singles entry
10+ bucks for food
= around 60 bucks

Is worth it, but too expensive.
but that just me :p

Exdeath

Smash Master
Because I have to drive north to pick up people before coming here, I'll be driving 4+ hours each way to get to this and I won't be entering singles if the price increases.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
hbox, the P:M tourny is essentially free. I'm using a dollar from the door fee as the pot, i will not increase the price of the door fee.

Or any of the prices for that matter.

People say to increase the price of tournies in the TRAVELERS best interest? I'm keeping it low FOR them, so they don't have to spend as much money coming on top of gas and such.

Just cuz someone traveled doesn't make them a shoe-in to make money. I want people coming to these for a big fun tourny experience, so the state can learn more about and enjoy smash on the whole.

Not so 5% of the attendance can make a few extra bucks per person.

-will update OP later tonight-

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Like I said my attendance is dependent on my ride. And what the salty squad has planned that day

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
I asked Stingers to bring a NC carpool, but other than that, nothing...

8Bitman

Smash Master
No I asked you like 2 weeks ago but you never replied.... Sheesh....

Sane

Smash Cadet
Hey guys my name is Zach. I'm from NC, if all goes well we will be in attendance so Stingers can take your money and I can take your Floridian babes.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahh~~

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm hoping Tampa can come en masse to this...... I'm sewing the seeds early by reviving the fests and even RedHalberd is slowly creeping back in as he plays at every fests. Maybe just maybe lol.

Perhaps I'm trying to cause some hype but if I can get everyone to go, would regions be up for crew battles or something??

Also, I'm going to do my damnedest to take at least top 5. Does not matter who I run into. You will be in my way and will be executed!

Lest's have some fun at this guys!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Draft Crews would be sick.

Smashville only?

You have to make non PR members the captains.
Also i call dibs on being a captain.

Also i don't care who the other captains are.

Top Bottom