• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashed Together- A Project M Tournament Debut-8bit vs. Stingers $100mm stream!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't think I actually ever posted in this thread...or for some reason I'm not subscribed to it...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I play AE but i think I want to learn marvel...maybe

also kinda excited for this tourney. havn't seen some of you guys in awhile

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
[collapse=Hybrid Ruleset]Official set procedure:
1. Both players select their character for ROUND 1. Either player may call for a Double Blind* at this time.
2. The stage for ROUND 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING**, unless a stage is agreed upon by both players.
3. ROUND 1 is played.
4. The loser of the previous round announces which group of stages he is counterpicking to (either "Neutral" or "Counterpick").
5. The winner of the previous round may choose two stages from said group that cannot be used during the tournament set(your two "ban" choices).
6. The loser of the previous round announces the stage from said group for the next round. Dave's Stupid Rule*** and player stage bans apply.
7. The winner of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
8. The loser of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
9. The next ROUND is played.
10. Repeat steps 4-9 until a winner is declared.
11. If both players agree, any rule may be altered/changed, excluding the 8 minute time limit, rounds per set, and bracket rules.

* Double Blind: All participating players must tell an official the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the first game.
** The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1. (Player 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player 2 striking two stages, followed by Player 1 striking two stages, ending with Player 2 striking one of the two remaining stages). The round is played on the remaining stage.
*** Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.

SINGLES

7 Neutral Stages:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Green Hill Zone

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- WarioWare
- Metal Cavern
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Skyloft

TEAMS STAGES

Starter:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Rumble Falls

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- SSE: Jungle
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Skyworld[/collapse]

Worked really well. I wouldn't normally be here, but P:M stagelists interest me.

Pro-tip. Don't let Mario get to Dracula's Castle.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
[collapse=Hybrid Ruleset]Official set procedure:
1. Both players select their character for ROUND 1. Either player may call for a Double Blind* at this time.
2. The stage for ROUND 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING**, unless a stage is agreed upon by both players.
3. ROUND 1 is played.
4. The loser of the previous round announces which group of stages he is counterpicking to (either "Neutral" or "Counterpick").
5. The winner of the previous round may choose two stages from said group that cannot be used during the tournament set(your two "ban" choices).
6. The loser of the previous round announces the stage from said group for the next round. Dave's Stupid Rule*** and player stage bans apply.
7. The winner of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
8. The loser of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
9. The next ROUND is played.
10. Repeat steps 4-9 until a winner is declared.
11. If both players agree, any rule may be altered/changed, excluding the 8 minute time limit, rounds per set, and bracket rules.

* Double Blind: All participating players must tell an official the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the first game.
** The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1. (Player 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player 2 striking two stages, followed by Player 1 striking two stages, ending with Player 2 striking one of the two remaining stages). The round is played on the remaining stage.
*** Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.

SINGLES

7 Neutral Stages:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Green Hill Zone

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- WarioWare
- Metal Cavern
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Skyloft

TEAMS STAGES

Starter:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Rumble Falls

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- SSE: Jungle
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Skyworld[/collapse]

Worked really well. I wouldn't normally be here, but P:M stagelists interest me.

Pro-tip. Don't let Mario get to Dracula's Castle.
and why is that?

PB&J

Smash Hero
i want to come to this. i might take the megabus to orlando and ride with hbox. Good stuff on hosting project M. We recently had two tournies for it here in ga and alot of people like it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ask pie and them. Out of pie jazz kdb payments I'm sure two of them would be down

Speaking of which Ryan you're still driving me and other black people to this right?

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
me being in the back will definitely piss off whoever is in the back seat with me. Just sayin

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
yes i'm in your car ryan.

@Shaky we're looking at some potential NC, AL, and GA attendance as far as i can tell.

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
Calm down.... It's not that big of a deal...
Well it's a big deal to me because I really enjoyed last night's tournament 8bit. I never been to a tournament before and I was really glad that I went. That is why I am so anxious for the next one.

Top Bottom