• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SmashDash!!] - I HAVE BRAWL! YES, A DELAY :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Soo...do you play with items on Icicle Mountain?
I didn't even pay attention to that at first.

No, I don't.

Not liking SMYN, which seems to be beaten on this forum in popularity by SD, does not make you a noob at Melee. I don't understand how you got those two connected. Or was that just one of those insults similar to calling me a fat 40 year old that lives with my mom because I don't agree with your opinion?

A lot of the SMYN fans just attack anyone that doesn't masturbate to it. Even in the begining of this thread someone said they're gonna leave it open as long as it doesn't steal the SMYN audience! (or somehting like that) I mean c'mon!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I dunno, even as I was bored at 4 am last night when I listened to it, I just didn't care much for it. Maybe because the 5 minutes I listened to what just remixed Smash music with them imitating a radio show and not really talking much about Smash.
The Roundtable is where the real discussion is man.

The intro is just well...an intro.

If you want INTELLIGENT discussion on the biggest things concerning the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, SMYN is the place.

If you want an easy laugh, Smash Dash.

I don't see how people prefer this over SMYN.

M.K

Level 55
If I were 2nd Stamp, I'd be pretty insulted by this entire conversation. He doesn't put a ****load of effort into SmashDash for "an easy laugh", he is really trying to appeal to as broad of an audience as SMYN, which is incredibly lackluster and boring. Before anyone goes on a stupid rant about n00bs hating SMYN, let me tell you, if you had the time to create a 20 minute show every week about a VIDEO GAME, I would rather be called n00b than fanatic geek. SMYN is a bunch of high-named people talking down, insulting casuals, and giving no merit to anything people say. Youko is an ******* for telling 2nd Stamp not to crank his audience, and if I could, I'd beat his *** for that statement. This isn't directed towards any of you, just me venting my anger. The only reason SMYN is popular is because the owners are powerful enough to have it BOLDED, STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THE ****ING PAGE. SmashDash has just as much effort put into it, and I THOROUGHLY enjoy it more. It's all about opinion, but everything is, so IF you DISRESPECT my opinion, I WILL NOT HESITATE to DISRESPECT YOURS.

I'm proud to say it, SMYN, YOU SUCK! Ban me, punish me, SLAP POINTS ON ME, it'll just show how much of a coward you "moderators" are!! Maybe if you stopped jerking off to the sounds of your own voices, maybe the boards would be MUCH MORE EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLY.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Youko and SamuraiPanda didn't become mods until like the 18th or 19th episode of Show Me Your News.

SMYN is very humble, and I'm certain that Youko and Panda don't look down on the casuals. I mean (no offence Youko) I've seen Youko play, and he isn't that good.
I haven't seen Samurai Panda play though, but still.

Youko and Panda are just regular guys who are able to discuss the week of updates without creating crazy cloud theories.

SmashDash is great and I love it, but SMYN has so much more to offer discussion wise. SmashDash is just for the laughs and I appreciate it.

Darkurai

Smash Master
If I were 2nd Stamp, I'd be pretty insulted by this entire conversation. He doesn't put a ****load of effort into SmashDash for "an easy laugh", he is really trying to appeal to as broad of an audience as SMYN, which is incredibly lackluster and boring. Before anyone goes on a stupid rant about n00bs hating SMYN, let me tell you, if you had the time to create a 20 minute show every week about a VIDEO GAME, I would rather be called n00b than fanatic geek. SMYN is a bunch of high-named people talking down, insulting casuals, and giving no merit to anything people say. Youko is an ******* for telling 2nd Stamp not to crank his audience, and if I could, I'd beat his *** for that statement. This isn't directed towards any of you, just me venting my anger. The only reason SMYN is popular is because the owners are powerful enough to have it BOLDED, STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THE ****ING PAGE. SmashDash has just as much effort put into it, and I THOROUGHLY enjoy it more. It's all about opinion, but everything is, so IF you DISRESPECT my opinion, I WILL NOT HESITATE to DISRESPECT YOURS.

I'm proud to say it, SMYN, YOU SUCK! Ban me, punish me, SLAP POINTS ON ME, it'll just show how much of a coward you "moderators" are!! Maybe if you stopped jerking off to the sounds of your own voices, maybe the boards would be MUCH MORE EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLY.
SmashDash probably takes a while to make, since 2nd Stamp didn't have enough time to make it on Friday instead of Saturday like normal.

Thus, you just insulted 2nd Stamp as well as Youko.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
EXCUSE me, but I did not insult 2nd at all whatsoever. If you actually read what I said, I gave my opinion that what he does is much harder, because what SMYN does is discuss Brawl's updates intellectually, and over time, I think 2nd is going to be very pressed to constantly make jokes that fit the craving audience's (such as yourself's) whim. What he does is phenomenal, of course, and his production value is very high, so don't misinterpret my words, please. 2nd is a valued member of the SMYN community as well, since he has contributed to the show probably more than you realize.

And if you have the gall to think that you know ANYTHING about the history of Show Me Your News just by listening to the last episode, then you have another thing coming. I was nobody when I started this, it only got stickied probably around episode 10ish, and we became moderators only a few weeks ago because of our dedication to these boards.

At the beginning of the thread, I had questioned how much of a repeat of the "week in review" idea SD would be. As a moderator, part of the job is to limit duplicate ideas on the boards. But since you love to focus on one phrase and not read the rest of what I've said on this thread, I have only the highest praise for what SD accomplishes based on its quick-paced, humorous purpose, and have stated so since.

No offense taken, PLK, I admit I am not that good at Melee, and that's why the intent of SMYN is to be for the average smasher, which I am. It has taken more of a competitive spin as of late per request, but still makes a lot of references to the new smasher.

Aaaand finally, *whew* I think 2nd would be rather insulted at your bashing of SMYN like that, since "a lot of inspiration for this project came from Show Me Your News". I wouldn't want to see anyone insulting SD like you indirectly have, and I'm sure the same goes true for 2nd and SMYN.

My apologies for defending mine and your work's honor, 2nd. You know I've got your back when it comes to SmashDash.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Dude, ask that on the SMYN thread. Plus, I just answered it.

And let's cease the SMYN discussion here. I know 2nd would like his thread free and clear of that stuff.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I listen to SMYN on the way to school, at work or when I'm just chillen in the room playing smash. I like it alot and appreciate it.
yea listing to SMYN wile playing SSBM too. it Rox. And i like the smashdash rox very original.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Thanks Youko for coming in here and helping the others and I sort this whole thing out.

Why are you people comparing SMYN to Smash Dash? The difference is clearer than water:

SMYN is for more intelligent discussion and Smash Dash is some kind of "joke" critic, both are awesome and fill the void in different aspects.
EXACTLY! Why don't people get this?

SMYN and SmashDash are two different extremes.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
EXCUSE me, but I did not insult 2nd at all whatsoever. If you actually read what I said, I gave my opinion that what he does is much harder, because what SMYN does is discuss Brawl's updates intellectually, and over time, I think 2nd is going to be very pressed to constantly make jokes that fit the craving audience's (such as yourself's) whim. What he does is phenomenal, of course, and his production value is very high, so don't misinterpret my words, please. 2nd is a valued member of the SMYN community as well, since he has contributed to the show probably more than you realize.

And if you have the gall to think that you know ANYTHING about the history of Show Me Your News just by listening to the last episode, then you have another thing coming. I was nobody when I started this, it only got stickied probably around episode 10ish, and we became moderators only a few weeks ago because of our dedication to these boards.

At the beginning of the thread, I had questioned how much of a repeat of the "week in review" idea SD would be. As a moderator, part of the job is to limit duplicate ideas on the boards. But since you love to focus on one phrase and not read the rest of what I've said on this thread, I have only the highest praise for what SD accomplishes based on its quick-paced, humorous purpose, and have stated so since.

No offense taken, PLK, I admit I am not that good at Melee, and that's why the intent of SMYN is to be for the average smasher, which I am. It has taken more of a competitive spin as of late per request, but still makes a lot of references to the new smasher.

Aaaand finally, *whew* I think 2nd would be rather insulted at your bashing of SMYN like that, since "a lot of inspiration for this project came from Show Me Your News". I wouldn't want to see anyone insulting SD like you indirectly have, and I'm sure the same goes true for 2nd and SMYN.

My apologies for defending mine and your work's honor, 2nd. You know I've got your back when it comes to SmashDash.
QFAmazingamountofT

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm back.

It seems you guys have yet again succeeded to unfold a discussion over this thread. Though I think discussion is amazing, I have to say the talent here is lacking for me to enjoy reading it. You guys should take your arguments away from this thread, as it is the home of my weekly Smash Bros. Brawl recap, wich is made for you guys and "your laughs".

I do not feel offended or dissapointed by anything you guys might have said or done, but you guys need to stop discussing the likes of Show Me Your News next to Smash Dash. These are both very dedicated projects that both take time and effort to make. Youko is an amazing guy with heeps of talent, and so is the rest of the "staff" there. You guys should find it in your hearts to leave this thread without flame wars.

And Smash Dash related: I'm back now, so I'll be working on episode 3. This episode has got 10 whole updates in one! (And some of them are doubles!). Although you could probably realize this would take absolutely forever to create, I am positive that if we work together as a team, we'll eventually get where we want to be - and that could very well end my previous statements aswell.

Untill next time.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Wow, Sunday is going to be epic.

And only because of a Smash(Superspeed)Dash coming.

And of course, SMYN.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Wow, Sunday is going to be epic.

And only because of a Smash(Superspeed)Dash coming.

And of course, SMYN.
Giant update of Smash Dash.... a few hours later we could POSSIBLY get a bombshell update form the Dojo....

Sunday's looking good for me....

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
O_o

Largetext is laaaarge.

And Meta-Kirby, you shut up now. Noone likes SMYN the frist thime they hear it, an hour-long podcast with corny segues (Come on youko, you've gotta admit "Brawl VYU-POYNNNNTS", even in a shmexy voice like yours, is a bit much...) You can't criticize SMYN for being lackluster and boring, it's not meant to be funny. It's meant to be a thoughtful, intelligent discussion of smash. And people like SMYN because they want intelligent discussion, not because it's stickied. In fact, the sticky probably makes it less popular, as most users, after they've read the stickies for the first time, scroll past them and pretend they don't exist. And if I were you, I would gladly ban you, not because I disagree with you, but because you're a flamethrower in Barnes' Bomb Shop. And you think that removing moderatorts wioll make the boards more efficient? Dream on! There's a few dozen topics of spam a week, all of which are proptly closed. Removing moderation would only keep these up, burying good topics, like this one. Have you even listened to SMYN? When do they insult casuals? Never! They say that they don't like items, and discuss what a new one would do in the competitive community. To they talk casuals down? Never! I'm a casual, and I ahev never detected a hint of patronization. They don't do this to make themselves feel good, they do it because we ask them to. If I were youko, I'd love to prove how wrong you are, by unsitckying SMYN for a few weeks, and watch at it stays floating at the top of the pile. Whut up and listen to more than a few minutes, and you'll see why people like it.

M.K

Level 55
W/E, if I had the time to write a comback, I wouldn't :p, I'm too lazy, plus you all owned me.
I will say that I never said to get rid of the mods, so yeah, I didn't say that, but w/e I lost.
Good job O_O.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why have a stamp? WHEN YOU CAN HAVE A 2ND STAMP!!!

Ok that was corny, I know lol
HEHE, that should be the motto. this looks great, maybe4 I'll listen...if it actually works the 6th time! :laugh: *subscribes*

Edit: Funny thing, Pyroloserkid when translated to Japanese turns out to be n00bflamer. And we all love us some good n00b flamming! (no offense to you smash noobs, that is a reference to steriotypical n00bs. ;)). Good stuff by 2nd stamp, pyroloserkid, etc. aas always! :)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I just watched these, and now have to show support for 'em. They are hilarious. Better than the actual Dojo updates we got those weeks...
Anyway, keep it up! I will definitely be tuning in to all future episodes!

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
you have now gain another fan to your fanbase its funny and the videos are well put together...NICE JOB i will be waitin for the next video:chuckle:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Why do you even think that?

They're TWO DIFFERENT PROJECTS.

It's all a matter of intellectual discussion vs. humor. Trying to predict that everyone will move one way or another is just a matter of you kidding yourself. Let people decide go with what they like and hey, maybe let them check both out!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Why do you even think that?

They're TWO DIFFERENT PROJECTS.

It's all a matter of intellectual discussion vs. humor. Trying to predict that everyone will move one way or another is just a matter of you kidding yourself. Let people decide go with what they like and hey, maybe let them check both out!
Hey Youko, I was thinking...
What if there was one last warning regarding the SMYN vs SD debate, and from here on any violators will be persecuted?

Just a thought.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I can't do that because it'd look ridiculous, since it's...my project and I should be doling out warnings for that. But let's get off this topic in this thread, nonetheless.

BIG EPISODE FOR SMASH DASH THIS WEEKEND! LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom