• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
That's a good one.

Well, good news then. It looks like more and more new things are going to be revealed in the following days.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice

This is my guess to what it is say hello to WFT new special move. It can also be seen here in game.

Oh! If it is this in the picture I have two theories! In her videos we see here quickly shuffling through poses in what seems like a string of attacks which roughly lines up with the poses at the bottom of this sun. So, my first theory is that it's sort of like Marth's side-special (the combo string) and it ends in the "solar flare" as sort of a launch attack, or it's her hold-standard/tap-standard (A-button) combo. All this is if it isn't a stand alone attack - which could be her side-standard or standard special attack: maybe even a charge attack like Samus' standard special.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i thought the volleyball thing was her projecile special

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
i thought the volleyball thing was her projecile special

It is, probably her side-special. But it's possible she has multiple projectiles, like Samus, Diddy Kong, Snake, etc. However, it is probably much more likely that she has a primarily hand-to-hand move-set.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
What a useless picture Sakurai...
Nobody truly could like this update.Even Battlefield isn't nice.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
What are you talking about. The Sun Saturation move revealed new information.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I actually do like this screenshot... Tomorrow will probably be Villager, and will mark a month since SSB4 was announced. It makes sense. And as always we can hope for a new character update on Monday, even Yoshi I'd be elated about.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Be happy we're even getting pictures. Would you rather him tell us to please be patient?

Beggars can't be choosers, or Sakurai.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I like the screenshot reveals, because they can reveal small doses of info, like Wii Fit Trainers new Sun move

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I can not tell if today's pic is a taunt for Megaman which would kind of be like Samus's taunt or if we see the gun switching to another form of attack

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
What are you talking about. The Sun Saturation move revealed new information.
It's Salutation. Just wanted to correct that.

I think today's might be a taunt. But it could be anything really. But these last three proved we don't know anything really about the game. Stages and characters we thought we knew most about, really have a lot more things to be revealed. Everything is still being developed. Even now, we can't fully confirm anything really.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
It's Salutation. Just wanted to correct that.

I think today's might be a taunt. But it could be anything really. But these last three proved we don't know anything really about the game. Stages and characters we thought we knew most about, really have a lot more things to be revealed. Everything is still being developed. Even now, we can't fully confirm anything really.

Agreed.
This picture shows Megaman's overheated buster. In his Developer's Interview, he goes into detail of how the buster overheats when using it too much. Currently I think only his DSmash is what currently overloads his buster. (Since it does 45% in one attack there should be some down-side to this OP attack).

Tesh

Smash Hero
His buster overheating is just the developer's explanation for it being a smash attack. Upsmash and Downsmash both use both arms, which is why after being charged up they need to be released immediately and suffer endlag. He doesn't overheat for more than like a fourth of a second. At worst his downsmash will be as laggy as Lucas' upsmash in brawl.

The picture shows the startup of a single arm move where his arm has to transform. Probably the blade throwing attack from the reveal trailer. Notice his other arm isn't doing anything.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Props to whoever speculated a character would be revealed on 30 days after the reveal.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I don't see the new pikmin type in any of the screenshots...oh well.

Still really great to see.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably in the minority but I was more interested on that new stage in the pics it looks so pretty

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Oh.... Olimar....
Nice to see a character reveal and the pictures at least.
No new type include for C.Olimar means Alph chances are higher ?

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I honestly thought they would have one of the Pikmin 3 protagonists, I'm fine with it though.
Olimar is more widely known and more popular. He's still the face of Pikmin even with the new one.
However, without a doubt we know four of his secondary colors now.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
So, I could see Sakurai opening the "Stage" page for the site tomorrow. Not introducing any stages we haven't already seen, but maybe giving them names? It's a possibility. But Olimar was a pretty big announcement so we'll see.

Raido

Smash Apprentice
Interesting... it's not Olimar's old ship... it's the ship from Pikmin 3 o.o

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Since today in Japan is a holiday, we never got a screenshot.

Edit: never mind. When I looked on the dojo, I saw only Olimar. My phone never updated the page. I'm glad that they put up a new screen.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Sakurai comment today in Miiverse (above the picture) :
The S.S. Drake from the planet Koppai arrives at the Garden of Hope.

So that's the new stage name ?

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai comment today in Miiverse (above the picture) :
The S.S. Drake from the planet Koppai arrives at the Garden of Hope.

So that's the new stage name ?

It's curious as to why he brought Olimar back, but updated what game the stage and scenery is from. I stated earlier that Olimar is still the face of Pikmin, but I'm still interested. He could be including a new Pikmin character too, with his/her own move-set, but the series isn't as mainstream as most series with multiple characters in Smash. Even Metroid was only granted with two versions of Samus - although there's a pretty reasonable excuse there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Seems to me like it would be easy to make a pikmin clone character. After all, the game is just about strategically throwing pikmin in various directions. Its just a matter of adjusting the size of the character and how fast/far pikmin get thrown. Its an easy +1 to the roster imo.

Especially if it allows them to keep olimar as he is, while including the new pikmin.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I seem to recall Sakurai mentioning something about not having Clone characters, or at least making them feel distinctly different than any other character. I was surprised to see Olimar given that he's not in Pikmin 3 in a main role (to my understanding), but not surprised to see a Pikmin character. Maybe his other skins are the other characters? *shrug*

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It does seem really odd though that as far as we can tell, Pikmin 3 isn't represented from Olimar in any way minus potentially the stage. New Pikmin / characters / etc. So maybe another Pikmin world character is in the works.

Top Bottom