• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
You know, I was excited to see that Olimar was announced to return, but now, I think I've seen him enough for a while. Haha

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought a zoomed in picture of Olimar's shoulder wasn't the most exciting post >_>

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Haha, I can see in extreme situations them cutting potential "clone-y" type characters like Luigi, Falco, Ganondorf, etc, but to cut everyone's favorite green dinosaur? Blasphemy!

... but really I say that just because I'd be sad if Yoshi weren't in SSB4 T_T

nessokman

Smash Lord
Haha, I can see in extreme situations them cutting potential "clone-y" type characters like Luigi, Falco, Ganondorf, etc, but to cut everyone's favorite green dinosaur? Blasphemy!

... but really I say that just because I'd be sad if Yoshi weren't in SSB4 T_T
Considering that there is yarn yoshi, and a new yoshi's island for 3ds, we'll have yoshi and hell, maybe yarn yoshi

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Has anyone ever though that Sakurai could be hinting at a variation of Olimar or a new character from pikmin? That's what I thought. Could be wrong though.

But I'm pretty sure Yoshi is staying. He's been there since the beginning. I think everyone from the original game has stayed throughout all games. So Yoshi being cut is not likely. But I would like to see something new too.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever though that Sakurai could be hinting at a variation of Olimar or a new character from pikmin? That's what I thought. Could be wrong though.

But I'm pretty sure Yoshi is staying. He's been there since the beginning. I think everyone from the original game has stayed throughout all games. So Yoshi being cut is not likely. But I would like to see something new too.

I doubt the first one, cuz I think it's rather a close look to Olimar's new look.

I totally agree with the second one, cuz there's no reason to cut Yoshi or any character from the original Smash crew ( maybe except for Captain Falcon, cuz we haven't got a new F-Zero since a decade yet.)

nessokman

Smash Lord
image.jpg
dark lord Gaol's castle.uprising chapter 2. I could never forget my least favorite 9.0 level...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sakurai seems to be increasing his rate of showing us stuff that is new. I like where this is going. =) It makes me have to check the site every day now.

Am I the only one that is not seeing this new image on the site? I still see last nights with Olimar and a Pikmin behind him... =/

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai seems to be increasing his rate of showing us stuff that is new. I like where this is going. =) It makes me have to check the site every day now.

Am I the only one that is not seeing this new image on the site? I still see last nights with Olimar and a Pikmin behind him... =/

Nope, I haven't seen it on Smash Bros website too, until someone shared a link to Miiverse within the new pic.
So if you want to see the description of the pic too, here's the link:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk-AnsTJw

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I doubt the first one, cuz I think it's rather a close look to Olimar's new look.

I totally agree with the second one, cuz there's no reason to cut Yoshi or any character from the original Smash crew ( maybe except for Captain Falcon, cuz we haven't got a new F-Zero since a decade yet.)
Yeah games or not I have serious doubts of them cutting a 64 vet

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hoenstly, If CF is the only thing related to F-ZERO in this and his character becomes nothing like what it is in X or GX/AX(Hell, even GP Legend), then I rather have him removed.

That's not the true F-ZERO shown on SSB.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Considering that Fox is back I don't think Sakurai sees that as an excuse to cut anyone, Smash Bros is more than just a big advertisement (though there's no denying that it's also part that.) There's really no reason to cut any of the 64 vets, they're all fairly liked and well received, with the exception of Jigglypuff who has always been the controversial one, but with the whole Fairy-type thing going on it's a no-brainer to get her back.

Hoenstly, If CF is the only thing related to F-ZERO in this and his character becomes nothing like what it is in X or GX/AX(Hell, even GP Legend), then I rather have him removed.

That's not the true F-ZERO shown on SSB.
There's just no way to make a character who does nothing but race translate well over to a fighting game. I don't really recall him having any personality in X either, and in GX it was just that horribly dubbed voice. At least he's not half as butchered as Ganondorf is compared to his source material, and C. Falcon has pretty much become known because of Smash Bros either way.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Makes me wonder who they're put for the main badguy for Zelda. Considering SkywardSword had Demise not Ganon. Even though I consider Ganon, Vaati, and ghirahim to be more of a badguy than Demise was. So idk what they're gonna do.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The Smash games are supposed to represent the franchises as a whole and since Ganondorf is THE main villain of the series he isn't going anywhere for some one-time villain.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
The daily photo today looks really cool, love that stage.

I'm just waiting for that site update when Zelda, Luigi, Ness, and other veterans are confirmed. ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just hope Sakurai doesn't make us wait until the game starts leaking to confirm the presence of obvious characters like Captain Falcon, Ness, Marth, etc. I don't expect them within the next few months or anything, but they really should be starters this time around.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Sometimes I feel like Nintendo does stuff leading up to Smash, like giving Mewtwo a new form or changing Jaggles' type to something unique. Anyone else get that feeling?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sometimes I feel like Nintendo does stuff leading up to Smash, like giving Mewtwo a new form or changing Jaggles' type to something unique. Anyone else get that feeling?
I doubt either of those things were done with Smash in mind. More of a timing coincidence than anything, if you ask me.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
this new stage looks really nice...I am already more excited for the stages this time around compared to brawl

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

Uprising stage I believe.

I'm overjoyed. I wanted Reset Bomb Forest to be a stage in Smash 4 and this is damn close enough. I hope they have the "Reset Bomb Forest" theme playing considering that amazing opening to Chapter 11 which the stage is based on was mute up until Viridi showed up with the reset bomb. Looks absolutely gorgeous and it will probably be the stage I play on the most.

I feel like playing that chapter again for like the 50th time or so lol My favorite of all.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Think there's more off to the right hand side of this stage? I never really liked those stages where you can just walk into the blast zones. The stage does look pretty for 3DS though.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
I was really glad to get a picture of a new stage today. Makes me really look forward to getting up and seeing what awaits me in the world of Smash 4.

Tesh

Smash Hero
for the most part ive been saying "smash doesnt look THAT much better in HD", but good god that stage is beautiful.... and thats the 3ds version? dang thats amazing

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
There's just no way to make a character who does nothing but race translate well over to a fighting game. I don't really recall him having any personality in X either, and in GX it was just that horribly dubbed voice. At least he's not half as butchered as Ganondorf is compared to his source material, and C. Falcon has pretty much become known because of Smash Bros either way.
Captain Falcon is one of my favorite Nintendo characters, like, ever. And he does have a personality! A lot of people don't realize that C. Falcon is a bounty hunter with a shady past who competes in the F-Zero Grand Prix as sort of a hobby.

Besides Falcon, here's a link to a video that offers up about thirty-seconds of Wii Fit Trainer and maybe a minute of Mega Man and Mario gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxDPJmO6f8

Top Bottom