• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
My guess now is that the next character reveal will be somewhere around a month from last Friday. Possibly sooner. I wonder whether it'll be another veteran, or someone new.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
My guess now is that the next character reveal will be somewhere around a month from last Friday. Possibly sooner. I wonder whether it'll be another veteran, or someone new.
I'm betting on vets for a little while, probably on a regular schedule, like once a month. It's the newcomers that are gonna come at random times and surprise you, because Sakurai.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really really want another newcomer, but I'm sure it'll be another veteran. At least 2 more before Sakurai considers things "even" and announces a newcomer.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Any predictions for the next daily picture update?

Methinks a 3DS picture. Feels like they haven't had one in a while.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I seem to recall Sakurai mentioning something about not having Clone characters, or at least making them feel distinctly different than any other character. I was surprised to see Olimar given that he's not in Pikmin 3 in a main role (to my understanding), but not surprised to see a Pikmin character. Maybe his other skins are the other characters? *shrug*

That he did say. But a new Pikmin character could be so diverse, and have a completely different move-set. The chances of it happening might be slim, though, since Sakurai has also stated the 3DS version is having trouble with fighters like Pikmin & Olimar and Ice Climbers, and I'm sure characters with tag-alongs will be limited. The possibilities of what Sakurai can do are nearly limitless. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kingdom Hearts stage thrown at us, however, Sora being playable is pretty far fetched.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I'm betting on vets for a little while, probably on a regular schedule, like once a month. It's the newcomers that are gonna come at random times and surprise you, because Sakurai.

True. But if he's wanting to surprise us he'd release one today. XD (It's 1:05am here)

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Any predictions for the next daily picture update?

Methinks a 3DS picture. Feels like they haven't had one in a while.
I just realized that. And I agree. We need to get some more 3DS screenshots.

But alas, your prediction is wrong my friend. But we now can see pikmin dying. Samus did it.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
And I know I had a theory why that I had stated earlier. But why do you think we get and have so little 3DS images?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
And I know I had a theory why that I had stated earlier. But why do you think we get and have so little 3DS images?
honestly, it's probably easier to post Wii U ones, he can do that right from the system, can't he? 3DS would require some sort of SD card moving or something. certainly not hard, just slightly more work.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that. And I agree. We need to get some more 3DS screenshots.

But alas, your prediction is wrong my friend. But we now can see pikmin dying. Samus did it.

Samus is innocent until proven guilty. haha But about 3DS photos, Sakurai has all but said the 3DS version is farther behind in development than the Wii U version. His exact words, when asked about which was farther along, were something about how the 3DS is proving difficult when it comes to characters that incorporate more than one fighter - such as Olimar, Ice Climbers, and we could even go as far as to say he might have been referring to Mr. Game and Watch's up-special. In short, the Wii U is farther along than the 3DS, and I suspect will be released first.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Hmm. I must have read the article wrong. I thought it said 3DS was further ahead. But I understand that. I believe Sakurai also said they'd try to release both at the same time. So we'll see how it all plays out. I can't wait. I haven't pre-ordered it yet. But I'd like to soon. I also wonder if there will be any preorder special.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
By the way, I have photo evidence of the Pikmin's murder right here.

Attachments

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It was so great. When i saw Pikmin dying i was just like :"Die Pikmins, DIE.Samus should kill you all".
I don't dislike Pikmin franchise, just don't like fight against Olimar in Brawl.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm gonna guess and say that he has a gliding( GLIDING CONFIRMED:awesome: ) move now like Pit, MK, and Charizard did in Brawl.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
So, I have a theory as to why we saw olimar announced last Friday. Not only was it the one month anniversary of the website launch, but also the day before pikmin 3 was released in Japan.

So my bet is that August will be a wonderful 101 character, maybe luigi because of super luigi u but history shows that he's not normally announced openly. October will be another pokemon [pokemon xy]. November will be a LOZ or Donkey Kong character. Then December will probably be a character from super mario 3d world [luigi or peach]

Just a theory.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
So, I have a theory as to why we saw olimar announced last Friday. Not only was it the one month anniversary of the website launch, but also the day before pikmin 3 was released in Japan.

So my bet is that August will be a wonderful 101 character, maybe luigi because of super luigi u but history shows that he's not normally announced openly. October will be another pokemon [pokemon xy]. November will be a LOZ or Donkey Kong character. Then December will probably be a character from super mario 3d world [luigi or peach]

Just a theory.
I'm gonna guess and say that he has a gliding( GLIDING CONFIRMED:awesome: ) move now like Pit, MK, and Charizard did in Brawl.

Don't speak so quickly. Clearly, Villager can fly. However, I think it's his side-special and probably works similar if not exactly the same as Luigi's (the rocket).

And, although I do believe that there might be a chance we will see Peach in December, a Wonderful 101 character has about as much chance of getting in this installment of Smash as Fox has of getting kicked from the roster in the next one. Think about it, Sakurai has never put a character in Smash that was from a game released after Smash started into development and all the guest characters before him, including Mega Man, are retro characters. I'm not saying some more modern day third-partiers couldn't make the cut, just the trend. Personally, I'm holding out for Dig Dug. ^^

Morbi

Scavenger
I haven't really been on the forums for like a week or two. So I went to the website and saw Olimar. It wasn't a reveal that I wished I experienced day 1. He was pretty given... pretty boring too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Better than a screenshot of something we already knew. Plus at least we got a character reveal the month after the main reveal instead of months later like with Melee and Brawl.

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
Is this the thread that posts updates off of the official Smash Bros website? Because I have a question...

I heard from somewhere on this forum, that during an interview with Sakurai (the French one, I believe?) that he wasn't going to reveal as much information like he did with Brawl...is that true? Because I've been scanning the Smash web-site daily now, and there isn't any Music Info, Stage Info, or any Character Info...like there used to be. Just pics.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Guess we'll all find out when the game comes out! Which is fine... but 2014 is a long way off, especially if its Q3 or Q4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is this the thread that posts updates off of the official Smash Bros website? Because I have a question...

I heard from somewhere on this forum, that during an interview with Sakurai (the French one, I believe?) that he wasn't going to reveal as much information like he did with Brawl...is that true? Because I've been scanning the Smash web-site daily now, and there isn't any Music Info, Stage Info, or any Character Info...like there used to be. Just pics.
Yes, Sakurai did say he wasn't going to talk as much this time as with Brawl (I'll post the link if I find it - you're right it was part of one of the interviews), but I wouldn't take that to necessarily mean those sections of the DOJO won't be added eventually... it's only been up for a little more than a month, the Brawl DOJO was pretty barren for like almost a whole year.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I hope that we won't have to wait a whole year for SSB4, but at the same time I'd rather it be as complete as it could be. Oh well, this daily photo comment forum is fun :D

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
Ok, thanks! I thought I heard something about that somewhere, lol...sorry if I'm confusing. I do remember waking up every morning before school to check out the Smash DOJO WAAAAY back when, and took every piece of information in and digested it! I'm glad that the DOJO this time is a bit more advanced (as in, NOT taking a whole year before updating, haha), but at the same time, I wish (along with fellow smashers, I'm sure) that they would go ahead and go into more detail with each character that's already been released, like their move-sets, their Final Smashes, a brief description-the works!

Also, I think the Growing Tree thing may be a Final Smash, or should be at-least. I know I didn't see him "glowing" (like when you do get a FS), but I was thinking about it...how would you be able to plant a sapling, water it, and chop it down within a few seconds WITHOUT getting hit? That doesn't sound like a Side Smash or anything, more like a FS.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Ok, thanks! I thought I heard something about that somewhere, lol...sorry if I'm confusing. I do remember waking up every morning before school to check out the Smash DOJO WAAAAY back when, and took every piece of information in and digested it! I'm glad that the DOJO this time is a bit more advanced (as in, NOT taking a whole year before updating, haha), but at the same time, I wish (along with fellow smashers, I'm sure) that they would go ahead and go into more detail with each character that's already been released, like their move-sets, their Final Smashes, a brief description-the works!

Also, I think the Growing Tree thing may be a Final Smash, or should be at-least. I know I didn't see him "glowing" (like when you do get a FS), but I was thinking about it...how would you be able to plant a sapling, water it, and chop it down within a few seconds WITHOUT getting hit? That doesn't sound like a Side Smash or anything, more like a FS.
First off, as we may have seen, some of the characters move-sets and final smashes are still being decided or fixed. I'm not sure if even Sakurai quite knows it all. So it'll be a bit before that I think. But I could be wrong.

Also, in the developers direct, Sakurai shows how villager can do that. I doubt it'll be the final smash. But I'm interested to see what Megaman and Villager's final smashes are. Seeing as how we know WFT's. Sakurai already showed us that.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Today's pic is so unhypealistic that it's not even being aknowledged here, lol.
(Unless I'm in a wrong thread)

*Sigh* I know Pikmin 3 is all the rage, but these Olimar-centric week was very hard to swallow... Sakurai, it's about time you stopped and moved on to another character (not AC or Pikmin related).

I MUCH rather he goes back to veteran-related screenshot at least. :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was still pressuring him to keep it Olimar-centric for the time being. The tactic is to annoy people so much they go out to buy Pikmin 3 just to see a different character on the DOJO for once, from now on we're just going to keep getting close-ups of Olimar, each picture only getting more and more zoomed in. ;):troll:

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who's noticed that out of all the Veterans announced (so far), Yoshi is nowhere to be seen? Maybe he'll/she'll be the next announcement...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was still pressuring him to keep it Olimar-centric for the time being. The tactic is to annoy people so much they go out to buy Pikmin 3 just to see a different character on the DOJO for once, from now on we're just going to keep getting close-ups of Olimar, each picture only getting more and more zoomed in. ;):troll:
^That, my friend, is a great point. What if the reason why they keep putting pics of Olimar/Pikmin 3 and Villager/Animal Crossing up is because both have new games out, and they are trying to get more sales rep?

I MUCH rather he goes back to veteran-related screenshot at least. :(
That, and reveal of either:
a) Another Veteran
b) a NEW Character
c) new DOJO info sections

Top Bottom