• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What's up with grimer? I'd like a serious answer please.
People with Grimers under their names are members of the BRoom.

Before the Grimer logo appeared, it was a lower-case b. One day, Hiemie and Azua decided that the :088: emoticon looked funny, and decided to spam it everywhere. The rest is history.

Grimer abducted the Broom and after a decade long struggle Gideon made a deal where they would leave those with green names alone, and only plot against those without.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Probably because they are busy with their lives.

Also, don't confuse 'not posting' with inactivity.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Considering the abuse regarding the rep system last time, I don't think so.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Because Mic joined and then when broomed we had to do something to change it since otherwise there would be two people being called Mic.

Have to ask flaco, what's your native language?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Mic_128 and Mic were two different members. Both of which are aussies. Therefore, we had to change Mic, since the one-hundred and twenty-eighth one was here first.

Shadowskale

Smash Rookie
Is there ever going to be a thread just to ask for brawls ?
I think I would work better than a friend finder tbh =/

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If I decided to change from being recognized as a smash writer, to a smash director (Oh I don't know, just because I felt like wearing the blue username for a while) would I lose my custom title?

Doesn't really matter either way, since Orange is the bomb :laugh:

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I have PM'ed a couple mods but none of them have responded. Xsyven told me that they won't ever do anything, but i have seen people successfully change their names.

For those people who have, which mod do you PM?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Custom avatars are not functioning properly, however regular SWF avi's are, so my question is: When will custom avatars be functional again?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I have PM'ed a couple mods but none of them have responded. Xsyven told me that they won't ever do anything, but i have seen people successfully change their names.

For those people who have, which mod do you PM?
As I replied in your thread earlier:

McFox just rejoined Smashboards after a year-long hiatus. He wasn't aware of the situation, but he is now-- he's no longer handing out name changes.

No admins or mods will change your name, unless it's Scav pulling a prank on you. Most BRoomers who get their name changed don't actually ask for a name change.

You should have chosen a username that you actually liked when you joined.

Custom avatars are not functioning properly, however regular SWF avi's are, so my question is: When will custom avatars be functional again?
There's no ETA as of now.

Is there any way to change our usernames?

It's been a while since I was here :)
Nope.

If I decided to change from being recognized as a smash writer, to a smash director (Oh I don't know, just because I felt like wearing the blue username for a while) would I lose my custom title?

Doesn't really matter either way, since Orange is the bomb :laugh:
Nah, it should stay the same.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why does Hiemie respond to every thread with the same text when you say his name? This perplexes me.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Is there a way to have PM's forwarded directly to your email address, rather than ever appearing in my PM box?

I know you receive email notification already, but it'd make it so I'd never have to clear out my PM box.
I do the same kind of thing with my work email. I have it all forwarded to my Gmail account because work only has room for like, 10mb of email.

EDIT:
I'm so lazy lol

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
With the options we are given, it's impossible. But they could increase our PM inbox capacity ;)

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Could someone tell me if they can see my avatar. I know this site was having some problems with custom avatars. I can see mine but I have no idea about others

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
For some reason my instant email notification for suscribed threads has stopped working. Not really a question but anyway >.>

I've left it for about an hour and a half, and I haven't been notified of any new posts in my suscribed threads (when I know for a fact they there are plenty).

I guess I should give it a few more hours before I start asking around about it, but I wonder if it's just me, or if other people are having the same problem.

(Oh and I checked, yes, it's still set to instant notification).

Help meh Kirby King!

EDIT:

Crud, it looks like this might be a SWF-wide problem.
I just tested this using a completely different user account and email address.

I set instant email notification to a thread, and instant email notification to PM's for a completely seperate account and it looks like neither of them are working =_=

Top Bottom