• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I just realized this but the Smash 4 Captain Falcon section doesn't seem to have a moderator at all in its section. Is there going to be someone new anytime soon?

Aqua4ever

Smash Rookie
I remember in the past there was a smash finder deal on this website that helped you find other users that lived in your state or close by to fight so that you had better connection online. Does this exist anymore and if not why?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
This may have been asked before but I can't find it if it has. If I make a poll on a thread can I remove it and make another one? Or is it a you make it once and that's it kind of deal?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This may have been asked before but I can't find it if it has. If I make a poll on a thread can I remove it and make another one? Or is it a you make it once and that's it kind of deal?
Contact the mod of the section to help you with it. They will have to edit it for you.

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
Hi, im new here, and to competitive smash in general, but I'd like to get my foot in the door as quickly as possible which for me means going to a local tournament! The problem is I'm from Minnesota, and when I go to the event calender I see a bunch of events but none held in Minnesota. Is there any way to filter it by state? Or distance from where you live?

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Hi, im new here, and to competitive smash in general, but I'd like to get my foot in the door as quickly as possible which for me means going to a local tournament! The problem is I'm from Minnesota, and when I go to the event calender I see a bunch of events but none held in Minnesota. Is there any way to filter it by state? Or distance from where you live?
Go to tournament listings and either look at the Midwest tags or type "MN" in the search box. There doesn't seem to be any tournaments though. For distance from where you live I would just pick states around Minnesota and see if any hosted there are close to the border.

Last edited:

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
If I would like to post something that is not a question, but not really long enough to be a guide (like a couple of useful tricks) where should I post it? Forums?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If I would like to post something that is not a question, but not really long enough to be a guide (like a couple of useful tricks) where should I post it? Forums?
If it is character specific it would probably be best to create a thread in the character's respective forum.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
Is there any way to change your username? I changed my tag about a year ago to "Tremendo Dude", but can't seem to find a way to change my display name on here. I'd make a new account with the new name, but I have quite a lot of history with this account. What do?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is there any way to change your username? I changed my tag about a year ago to "Tremendo Dude", but can't seem to find a way to change my display name on here. I'd make a new account with the new name, but I have quite a lot of history with this account. What do?
Either purchase Premium, or create a new account. Purchasing Premium is the only way to change your display name here without losing your current account's history (and also comes with several other perks to boot).

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
Hey, apologies if this was already asked, but this forum software is pretty amazing, best I've seen so far. Is it open source, or proprietary to this site? If it's open source, what are you guys using?

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
I saw that this had been asked earlier, but it didn't look like anyone answered it.
  • How do I use the Media section of Smashboards to upload from Youtube?
I'm both interested in uploading separate videos and playlists.

Last edited:

Reivax

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1032-2112-0077
Can someone tell me, please, HOW I WRITE A POST IN THE FORUMS, I mean how I WRITE A THREAD?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can someone tell me, please, HOW I WRITE A POST IN THE FORUMS, I mean how I WRITE A THREAD?
To create a thread, you need to be in the forum you wish to create one in and then at the top right of the screen is a button that says "create thread". Click it and go from there.

Here is a pic:

Capture.PNG

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
To the forum administrator:

The mobile version of this forum is so freaking janky. Could you consider trying to improve it?
First, the "notices" thing is horrible. It comes up like 10 seconds after the page loads, causing the page to jump right when you are clicking on a link, and inevitably sending you to the wrong page every time. I didn't even notice those boxes could be closed until just now. But ideally, you would specify the size of the box in the code somewhere so that the page knows how much space to give it when it initially loads. That would solve the whole problem with it.

The other thing is that the mobile skin actually redesigns itself as soon as you scroll down, causing a ton of lag and jumping. I realize that the menu could be handy to have on screen at all times, but how about just having it float over the page ALL the time, instead of snapping on and off when you scroll from the top?

Or alternatively, could you add the tapatalk plugin? This would make browsing the forum like ten times faster and easier on mobile.

I love reading this site, but when I'm on my phone, I usually just opt to not come here, because its such an unpleasant experience. I imagine a lot of others might feel the same way.

Thank you.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
To the forum administrator:

The mobile version of this forum is so freaking janky. Could you consider trying to improve it?
First, the "notices" thing is horrible. It comes up like 10 seconds after the page loads, causing the page to jump right when you are clicking on a link, and inevitably sending you to the wrong page every time. I didn't even notice those boxes could be closed until just now. But ideally, you would specify the size of the box in the code somewhere so that the page knows how much space to give it when it initially loads. That would solve the whole problem with it.
It doesn't work like that, because of the fact they can be closed. If they were there permanently, then this might be possible.

The other thing is that the mobile skin actually redesigns itself as soon as you scroll down, causing a ton of lag and jumping. I realize that the menu could be handy to have on screen at all times, but how about just having it float over the page ALL the time, instead of snapping on and off when you scroll from the top?
There's an option to turn this off, if you like, so the menu is always in the default place.

Or alternatively, could you add the tapatalk plugin? This would make browsing the forum like ten times faster and easier on mobile.
Tapatalk is no longer supported for xenForo.

I love reading this site, but when I'm on my phone, I usually just opt to not come here, because its such an unpleasant experience. I imagine a lot of others might feel the same way.

Thank you.
Trust me, everyone else who's ever visited here on mobile shares your pain. I think the mobile skin is better now than it was a few months ago (before the last major update), but it's still not perfect. I'm sure future updates will continue to improve the mobile experience, though.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Hey, I've been looking all over the boards all day trying to find how to add a Spreadsheet/Table to a thread I want to make.
Finally found this thread.
Halp.
Edit: I have lots of data that would be best presented with a spreadsheet, like the ones in these threads:
http://smashboards.com/threads/shei...-into-usmash-beginning-combo-percents.385002/
http://smashboards.com/threads/hurtbox-shifting-instant-momentum-cancel.423544/
Another Edit: While I'm at it how do you add prefixes to a thread? Like the green QnA at the start of the title of this thread.
Thanks

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hey, I've been looking all over the boards all day trying to find how to add a Spreadsheet/Table to a thread I want to make.
Finally found this thread.
Halp.
Edit: I have lots of data that would be best presented with a spreadsheet, like the ones in these threads:
http://smashboards.com/threads/shei...-into-usmash-beginning-combo-percents.385002/
http://smashboards.com/threads/hurtbox-shifting-instant-momentum-cancel.423544/
Tables work like this:
Code:
[table=head]
one | two | three
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9
[/table]

one | two | three
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9

Another Edit: While I'm at it how do you add prefixes to a thread? Like the green QnA at the start of the title of this thread.
Thanks
Only moderators can add those. Ask the moderator of the board your thread is in to add it for you.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Tables work like this:
Code:
[table=head]
one | two | three
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9
[/table]
Only moderators can add those. Ask the moderator of the board your thread is in to add it for you.
Thanks so much! You have no idea how many different people I asked.
Really appreciate what you mods do, even though it might seem like what you are doing goes unnoticed, or is sometimes minor.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
New to premium, wondering how I can add the character to my post backgrounds
See this thread for answers to almost all Premium-related questions. To answer your question specifically:
Q: How do I get Smash characters to appear behind my posts?
A: First, you need to set a main for Smash 3DS or Smash Wii U. That can be done here. After you've done that, go into
your preferences and look for "Post Background". Set it to to "3DS Main" or "WiiU Main", punch in Save Changes, and you're done! Right now, Post Backgrounds are only available for Smash 4 characters.[/url]

Top Bottom