• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How can you upload your brawl stage studio stages onto your Stage Browser?
The stage browser doesn't currently work and it hasn't for a long while. It most likely wont be fixed any time soon. You can still download stages that have already been uploaded however, you just can't uplaod anything new.
Another noob-like question, how can you even post in the Proving Grounds of Debate Hall? :U
Go to your "User CP" and select "Group Memberships". You have to join the Temp Debater Group from there. Once you've been accepted into the group, you will be able to post in the Proving Grounds.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Can you shorten the time between searches. It's rather annoying to have to wait 60 seconds for a typo.

Nestec

Smash Ace
So I see a lot of people who have little sprites attached to the end of all of their posts. Is there a setting that makes this happen automatically? Or do the users add the image to every post manually?

I mean like, Poltergust with his bellsprouts, or Gheb with his Arcanines.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Nday I think what hes asking is if there is a setting you could use to make the sprite of their choice appear at the end of their post like Sigs. (automatically)

In which case you cant have it post automatically. most either have it set to copy and paste with Ctrl + V or just input it manually.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
And I answered, since I'd assume he's referring to things like :059: and :069:.
And you're right, you have to either type it manually (not much of an effort, just :zerofivenine: with actual numbers to get Arcanine or yeah, just copy it and then mash ctrl+v at the end of his posts.)

So to clarify there isn't an auto-thing, you either have to type the code of it which you can read about in my previous post, or if you want to post something that's not in the SWF smily thing, you have to get the direct URL of the image and wrap it with

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
When are you going to remove the "Partners" from the bottom of the page?

None of the links work anymore (well SmashWiki does, but didn't it move elsewhere)

And anyway, I doubt you're still getting those $40 each month for those links being there?

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
Ahoy, Toomai's dead on. As two of the SmashWiki administrators who remain, can you please get that link up there updated? Please?

ndayday

BRoomer
Yes, we moved to http://www.ssbwiki.com . Good thing someone else realizes it.
Ahoy, Toomai's dead on. As two of the SmashWiki administrators who remain, can you please get that link up there updated? Please?
To repeat the above, the SmashWiki is no longer part of Wikia, and the Wiki link links to Smash Wikia, not SmashWiki. So please change it.
Talk to an admin, I can't change it and neither can anyone else besides an admin.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I would like to request a set of "smilies" to assist with the melee match-up chart (old chart, new chart).

Basically, on the chart there are 5 icons, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, each color coded. I would like those 5 to be added so we can do more dynamic things. Right now we are sorting through match-ups by stage, and I am finishing up a program to allow people to quickly write up a chart to be posted. If these images were added, full charts would be much easier to read and process.

[collapse=Example Chart]Marth
|_vs._____| FoD| BF | YS | DL | FD | PS
+----------------------------------------
|_Fox_____| 55 | 50 | 55 | 40 | 60 | 45
|_Sheik___| 40 | 45 | 45 | 40 | 45 | 45
|_Falco___| 50 | 55 | 55 | 45 | 50 | 45
|_Jiggly__| 50 | 50 | 60 | 45 | 50 | 55
|_Falcon__| 60 | 50 | 55 | 40 | 45 | 50
|_Peach___| 55 | 60 | 60 | 45 | 55 | 55
|_Ganon___| 60 | 50 | 50 | 55 | 55 | 50
|_ICs_____| -- | -- | -- | -- | -- | --
|_Doc_____| 60 | 60 | 60 | 50 | 55 | 55
|_Samus___| 55 | 60 | 60 | 55 | 55 | 60
[/collapse]

The images would need to be 24x24 pixels, thank you.

Cello16

Smash Rookie
When it asks for the URL of a image when you try to add one to your post, what does it mean?

ndayday

BRoomer
It means you put in the exact location of the image.

For example, let's say you want to put in your avatar in as a picture.
You go to your avatar, right-click, and then click on "copy image URL"
Then you go to the Insert Image thing and paste the URL you just copied into it.

Alternatively you can just copy the image URL and throw tags around it.

[IMG]http://www.smashboards.com/images/avatars/Kirby.gif

Ange

Smash Lord
Can it be done so that when someone gifts you premium, you are able to see when it expires?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I payed for dollars for 3 month premium membership yet nothing in my user CP has changed. What is going on?

Encase you need proof it happened, the credit card transaction via paypal was item number:

Edit: Never mind I think I have to wait or something?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Already did before that post, I am guessing it is not automatic and I need it to be added on manually by an admin?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Not to sound rude or anything, but what's wrong with an automatic system for Premium? Users could be removed from the group when it expired, users could be added instantly upon patronage, and i'm sure there are other benefits.
If this was already attempted, what occurred that caused its dysfunction?

Top Bottom