• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, they always have their own room to mod. But if a mod get something else that prevent him from going on the internetz for a while, someone else is assigned.

What's up with all those mod questions? >_>

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
smash back room = veteran smashers talking about smash to make the tournament scene always more equitable for everyone and every character, those kind of annoying topics like that

back room = secret.

Elemennopee

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere cool..... Somewhere in a cave....A speci
That question has been answered already.

When i only had a post count of about 70, i was still a Smash n00b. Does that mean the website was changed after i became a smash journeyman?

Did McFox make the change?

Sorry if my questions aren't clear or understandable. Im 13. Please understand that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They don't get the premium members privileges at first, but if they ask, they'll get them.
By that he means we have to bug/bribe McFox or another admin to make the change for us.

Elemennopee: It changes depending on your postcount. 100-500 is Smash Journeyman. If you want to know the others, search around, it's been said in this topic about 20 times alone ;)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Even though it is none of my business, has Foxpower+ been banned for good?
Once banned, always banned.

As for the Smash n00b, I think we changed the post requirements or something. I really can't remember. Just note we go by quality, not quanity.

I mean take Mic, he has 13,000 posts and well . . .

EDIT: I can answer this one
Unsung Master said:
Are mods ever reassigned to diffrent moves on a based schedule. In other words, do moderators ever switch from to the room they currently moderate to another room, say, on a yearly basis?
Change of rooms usually comes around either when a room lacks mods (my move to the Debate Hall) OR when we are adding mods and need shuffling.

Also, though it isn't automatic you gain access to all private rooms as mod, you are pretty much first in line if you want to say get into the MBRoom. This is in the event that a mod can't get there, people need help, or you need to fill in as replacement, stuff like that.

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
How do I make it so that I don't subscribe to every thread I post in? I searched, but couldn't find it in the options.

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
While I can manually unsubscribe, is there any way to turn off auto-subscription? I don't like having to go extra work every time I post in a thread.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
While I can manually unsubscribe, is there any way to turn off auto-subscription? I don't like having to go extra work every time I post in a thread.
go to ''User CP''
Go to ''Edit Options''
find ''Default Thread Subscription Mode''
Choose ''Do not subscribe''

Uncle Kenny said:
How do you post a link in your banner?
Simply put , then you put the image, don't forget to put and [/img[b][/b]]. Once you did that, you put [/url[b][/b]]
example: [url=www.google.com][img]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1803/antijiggs9or.gif

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

andrewshen123

Smash Apprentice
Thornhill, ON, Canada, in the L3T area code area.
hmm there seem to be a lot of people asking about formatting, so i decided to put this here. move if needed. just match the stuff to its result. first i have posted all the codes (which can be just copied and pasted, and edited if needed), then ive posted all the results. they are in the same order. (man i am all over the place in this introduction)

for some reason, nobody looks here: http://smashboards.com/misc.php?do=bbcode. it is sooooooooo much better than this guide...

[noparse]

These are spoiler tags

2. Text to be hyperlinked

3. Bold

4.Italic

5.Underlined

Left aligned text​

Center aligned text​

Right aligned text​

1. List item 1
  2. List item 2
  3. List item 3

• List item 1
  • List item 2
  • List item 3

• List item 1
  • List item 2
  • List item 3

Indented text​

13. Text here (Warning: E-mailing through this system is really stupid)

Person being quoted;postnumberhere said:
Quoted text here
Code:
Code tags keep formatted text
HTML:
HTML tags show syntax highlighting for html code. Example:
<html>
<title>Andrew!</title>
<center>AndrewShen!</center>
PHP:
PHP tags are like html tags, but for PHP code. For instance:
<?
echo "hi i'm andrew";
?>
19. Strikeout

[/noparse]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are spoiler tags

2. Text to be hyperlinked

3. Bold

4.Italic

5.Underlined

Left aligned text​

Center aligned text​

Right aligned text​

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]List item 1
[*]List item 2
[*]List item 3
[/LIST]
Code:
[LIST=]
[*]List item 1
[*]List item 2
[*]List item 3
[/LIST]
Code:
[LIST=a]
[*]List item 1
[*]List item 2
[*]List item 3
[/LIST]
Indented text​

13. Text here (Warning: E-mailing through this system is really stupid)

Person being quoted;postnumberhere said:
Quoted text here
(This didn't work because the postnumberhere has to be changed into a number)
Code:
Code tags keep formatted text
HTML:
HTML tags show syntax highlighting for html code. Example:
<html>
<title>Andrew!</title>
<center>AndrewShen!</center>
PHP:
PHP tags are like html tags, but for PHP code. For instance:
<?
echo "hi i'm andrew";
?>
19. Strikeout

looks pretty ugly... oh well, im too lazy to fix it

StealthyShadows

Smash Apprentice
When I look at the Smashboards.com homepage and I look at the people viewing the rooms, why are there so many in some boards and so little in some? Shouldn't the places that nobody goes to be combined.

Also, what are the user ranks under title, and does the more posts you have give you more privileges.

And finally, when I was looking over Smashboards.com, I noticed that there is a RPG section, when I posted in it, someone told me that there is a web RPG built into this site, I would like to know how to access it.

If someone could help me out, I would appreciate it greatly.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
StealthyShadows said:
Also, what are the user ranks under title, and does the more posts you have give you more privileges.
You don't get any privileges for having more posts. You just get more avatars.

Can you get more than two red rep bars like Kaos?

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I look at the Smashboards.com homepage and I look at the people viewing the rooms, why are there so many in some boards and so little in some? Shouldn't the places that nobody goes to be combined.
Your question is quite unclear for me, however I think the answer is:
Two different rooms simply doesn't belong together, even if they are both not viewed that much.

EDIT: ops I was wrong about the neg rep question
McFox said:
"Infamous around these parts" is the absolute lowest you can go. If you have -9998 rep, then you have whatever you have at -1. There's no stages between -1 to -9998. There are only the two, so I think "Infamous etc." is pretty danged special.
The post I was thinking of when I was answering to lucky_charmz's question. Apparently, it doesn't include the number of rep bars you get.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, if people keep neg-repping you, you'll accumulate red bars, just like you accumulate green bars for positive rep.

And also, in reference to the questions about double-posting when I was gone last week, it's really not that big of a deal anymore. A couple of years back when we had far fewer members and the ratio of idiots was higher, double-posting was more of a problem because people just couldn't figure out the Edit button. If you double-post on accident, it's really not a big deal anymore, even if you just leave two identical posts.

flaco

The Terminator
Why is the Forums game room different from others I mean like these rule you cant have your signature showing in the room?What am trying to say is why you cant have the signature in the forums game room but in the other other rooms you could?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Because most of the games in forum games have consisted of one-liner respones. It is annoying to see someone post "Kill Pichu, Heal Marth" and then see their fat sig over and over.

Why isn't Chill a mod?

This non-existant post was a joke.

flaco

The Terminator
um thanks another question when I log in sometimmes the skin changes to cyborg but I want revolution why does it changed by itself?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Can i ask Mic if i can answer questions and not need to ask a question?
No, you cannot. It was a rule on the first page and continues.

Though that formatting guide is useful, let's keep the topic to questions. If we allow one person to go through with an answer, then all will. Gots to be fair.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You'll have to talk to Cashed or Osco about that. Mods are basically free to run their rooms how they want to, to a reasonable degree. So if you want some kind of change, it's best to go directly to the mods who are in charge of a room before going the roundabout way of asking an Admin or in this topic or in Forum Disputes.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It really depends what they are regarding. For example, anything about the console can be added to the Wii Topic for a little while longer. Once the console is no longer new news it can probably be made into separate topics if Cashed and Osco permit. Anything about games can USUALLY be placed in the What Game Would You Get topic if you want one, or in a topic regarding them already.

I really can't think of any other posts you'd make.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Once a post is edited, no backup is kept of the original, so no.

And you can request that threads are closed, but that gets annoying fast if you log in to see three PMs from people saying some topic should be closed, which you would've found anyway as you made you daily forum run. Not to mention that sometimes people request that topics be closed that actually shouldn't be. Unless some topic NEEDS to be closed and it's been floundering for a while, then just wait. It will most likely be taken care of.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Green: Those persons have acces to the Back room

''dark'' Blue: Those persons are organising tournaments

''Light'' blue: Those persons can post in the debate hall

Red / Black: Those persons are moderators

Red Italic: Those persons are administrators

Purple: Those persons have access to the Smash Back Room

Orange: Those persons have written the best history of the ''Write With your Power'' Contest

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Post in Forum Disputes. Or try sticking them on your ignore list. It blocks seeing their posts, and I would think it would block any pm's they send to you.

Can i ask Mic if i can answer questions and not need to ask a question?
If I wasn't in a really good mood I would give you a 2 point warning.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't think we have an actually policy on that, though it could fall under harassment or something of that nature. The major problem with enforcing anything with that is that since it's a text base assault sent privately to you, you can edit it to be very bad on them and it could not be true at all. So, really there is little we can do, that I am aware of, to enforce anything with that. There are block user options in the User CP and that could help.

flaco

The Terminator
Question Why when you banned someone example like foxpower why wont you banned user,ip,and everything else because he could just make another account?

Top Bottom