• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Pop-up box removed. JV is going to ask this weekend and get back to me.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
no problem! it's definitely annoying and i'm surprised I didn't remind myself to check that beforehand x_x

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hello everyone, i've been on hiatus for nearly 2 yrs and I was wondering..
where is the Disco Room on the main page?

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
What the heck I can't create another account because I'm not allowed to have multiple accounts? Can I close this one down somehow and open another one? Is the only answer to buy premium? All i want to do is change my username! :facepalm:

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Geeze what happend to only staff answer questions?? That doesn't help me with trying to get a new account or just being able to change my username on this account.

Can someone whose not an a$$ hat answer my questions plz?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The question was answered after your first post. You have to buy premium or break the rules and make a new account. Premium is $4 for 3 months or $12 for a year, so its pretty inexpensive (considering each tournament is $10) and it gives you a cool mushroom postbit, a green name, the ability to change your title, and access to the disco room. Oh yeah and you can change your name and prank other people (which gives them a pink color and changes their title to "prank'd!")

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Premium is currently unavailable. Ask in Forum Support if you would like to make a new account.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Premium is currently unavailable. Ask in Forum Support if you would like to make a new account.
Thanks for that. I was looking for a cost free solution to my problem. I don't understand why creating a new account is illegal?

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
that makes sense but I should be able to close this one down and open a new one. That's the thing that's annoying me =/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Indeed you do. Continue to be a problem user and you will be banned.

OmegaXXII

wait a sec...

So if I were to do this would my post count reset?

What's the difference between my current account not being able to purchase premium membership and a new account?

Or is this just a server thing that MLG is dealing with?

:phone:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
how can u tell if people have alt accounts aside from ppl who are obviously alts

If you were a mod, you'd be able to check their IP. And of course if it matches up then bam.

wait a sec...

What's the difference between my current account not being able to purchase premium membership and a new account?

Or is this just a server thing that MLG is dealing with?

Yeah your post count would be reset.
And the difference is that you're supposed to pay for those perks, and just making a new account would be bypassing that. But since Premium is down, maybe they'd consider it. I mean I have no say in the matter, but there's no hurt in asking.

ndayday

BRoomer
I haven't seen an answer to that from Virg, but when Azua was in charge that wasn't allowed.
You can however gift premium to others for a bit, but I'm not too sure on just how little time you can gift.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well, i never use my name change so i wouldnt mind "donating" it to one of these guys. I bought premium membership for the title change/color and to support the community.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'd ask Virg, I mean I can see your reasoning.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
wait a sec...

Generally it's the difference between keeping your account, posting history and any awards (mostly unused atm) but with a changed name, vs starting again from scratch.

OmegaXXII

Generally it's the difference between keeping your account, posting history and any awards (mostly unused atm) but with a changed name, vs starting again from scratch.
Well, that's good to know, I guess I'll just have to wait until JV or someone fixes the premium membership issue.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm not sure if this is possible anymore but basically, you could ask Virgilijus to move some of your Premium to another user through PM.
So if I ask that, couldn't I just request a name change for another user? (With their confirmation, of course.)

Oroxis

Smash Rookie
Wow are you freaking kidding me! All of my posts in the user blogs hasn't increased my post count at all! That's BS. Is that true that posting in user blogs means jack ****?!

Top Bottom