• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What he said

There's no list of requirements. We were all selected because Heartz and Azua felt we had the qualities to make a good committee to make members feel welcome. Infraction history is probably looked at but I had 7-8 pages of infractions by the time I was told I was gonna be part of this.

arch knight

Smash Lord
There's no list of requirements. We were all selected because Heartz and Azua felt we had the qualities to make a good committee to make members feel welcome.
This makes me curious as to why i was chosen. :awesome:

And who stole a cookie from the cookie jar?! :mad088:

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
There was discussion in this thread earlier about namecolours being taken away from some groups because that's what postbits are for.

Then what about people who hide their postbits?

Now normally, that wouldn't really matter much, I guess, but like in this thread, where only the staff are allowed to answer questions, there may not be anyway to know whether or not someone is an IBWC member, because they lost their yellow names.
And then, if you think someone is just a normal member, you may ignore the answer they give, even though it might be the right one and was actually posted by the right person.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well I'm pretty much guessing that now we're required to wear the IBWC heart thing.

ndayday

BRoomer
We can do everything that normal mods can do in a room besides infract people.
So only in this room, we can:

delete/edit posts
merge posts
make sticky threads
make announcements

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Also our names are at the bottom of this subforum. Even before the post bits, alot of peopel didnt use their yellow names all the time.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Can something please be done about forum support? It doesn't actually feel like anyone is supporting us there. Whenever I make a post about a perceived wrong against me, administrators will just ignore it until I make posts in there asking them to address it. Honestly it's like I'm begging them for them to give me attention. It really simply feels like they don't care! Isn't the entire purpose of that folder to get support from administrators? Well they're not being supportive at all.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298562

This is a great example of what I am talking about. I ask the administrator Xivi a question and he doesn't respond to me. I bump the thread and ask him to respond to my question and he still ignores me. This isn't an isolated incident, it happens all the time in forum support. Could we have the administrators be more attentive to the questions ask of them!?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Can something please be done about forum support? It doesn't actually feel like anyone is supporting us there. Whenever I make a post about a perceived wrong against me, administrators will just ignore it until I make posts in there asking them to address it. Honestly it's like I'm begging them for them to give me attention. It really simply feels like they don't care! Isn't the entire purpose of that folder to get support from administrators? Well they're not being supportive at all.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298562

This is a great example of what I am talking about. I ask the administrator Xivi a question and he doesn't respond to me. I bump the thread and ask him to respond to my question and he still ignores me. This isn't an isolated incident, it happens all the time in forum support. Could we have the administrators be more attentive to the questions ask of them!?
And still no member of staff responds to this. There really is no accountability for the moderators on these boards. It would be really cool if the administrators actually took interest with the problems users have with this website.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
And sadly, this is not the place for that. If you have an issue with the staff, take it to Forum Support or PM a member of the staff, preferably an admin.

I understand that you must be frustrated, but keep in mind the staff are ordinary people with lives outside of the internet, and your problems may not be top priority to them. If you feel like you're being ignored, PM one of the active admins (Xiivi, Steel, Mic, etc.)

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
>Someone complains about Forum Support being ignored.
>Gets told to "take it to Forum Support"

And I was gonna joke about that when I first read his post.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
And still no member of staff responds to this. There really is no accountability for the moderators on these boards. It would be really cool if the administrators actually took interest with the problems users have with this website.
If there's a problem with a specific administrator, you should probably take it up with that person. This is the IBWC Q+A thread, for the members of the IBWC, not the moderators.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll ask Xiivi to take a look, he's probably been busy with work, haven't seen him around much lately.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What does the partners bar at the bottom of the page even do anyways? The links are all broken and I don't think we actually get any money from them

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Only works if theres a post made within the last five minutes of the last post, or something of those lines.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
That hasn't ever been suggested no. I don't know how administrators go about adding fonts, if they can at all. i assume they can though, would have to get one in here.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
That font is missing so many characters though, I doubt it'd work here.

ndayday

BRoomer
Definitely. I'm actually kind of disappointed in Jungle.
I can see it being added in a kind of Unown way. Like, well...

:201h: :201i:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the fonts have to be installed on each local computer, anyways. If they were installed on the server without the users having them, their browsers would automatically convert it to a default font (probably times new roman)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What does the partners bar at the bottom of the page even do anyways? The links are all broken and I don't think we actually get any money from them
It was something that SWF had aaages ago like most fansites did. Yuo'd contact a site with similar interests and ask to become partners having a link to each other on their respective sites. Most of the ones we had were part of the Smash World Network anyway (ie was a part of smashboards)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Just curious, I know when there is a rule here that it is not on other forums it is because most likely someone has found a way to abuse the privilege causing the staff to take action. So my question is, what happened to get animated avatars banned?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nothing, they've never been implemented. Back in the day the additional server load would have crashed the site.

Top Bottom