• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Mini-Recreates: The SSB Series Rosters

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Pyra & Mythra
2. Estelle Bright
3. Kyo Kusanagi

I have a feeling we're probably just gonna add Aegis this round, and for good reason. I like the decision to bump Xenoblade 2 content up a pass, in place of Three Houses which had not yet firmly cemented its popularity or legacy. I think they deserve to be here and the sooner the better.

Estelle is a nice dark horse pick. Similarly to Terry around this point in the pass, I could see them wanting to shoot for something a bit more lowkey that may introduce a wealth of players to something new. Kyo is the same way, and while I prefer Terry I'll give some credit where it's due here. Otherwise, to be frank, I have little interest in Scorpion or Byleth. I'm likely to endorse Three Houses content later but I simply don't care about Byleth very much compared to the House Leaders - a more streamlined moveset around a new weapon class is more compelling to me than a hodge podge.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes
Byleth 7
Estelle Bright 7
Scorpion 6
Mythra & Pyra (Aegis) 18
Kyu Kusanagi 4

Aegis is challenger pass 4.

Job 62: Submit a Challenger Pass 5 Character

I’ll nominate Terry here because of Fatal Fury’s influence for fighting games, and opening the fighter’s pass with a new third party company seems like a neat idea.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Reimu_Hakurei_Urban_Legend_in_Limbo.png

Reimu Hakurei
Was a pretty popular choice online during the Ultimate DLC speciation era, would rep bullet hell games and Japanese indies + give us another female character. I don't know a lot about the series but I think she would be neat.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Terry
2. Reimu

Seeing how Terry was an unknown to a chunk of Smash’s playerbase, I wonder how he would have went over as a Fighter Pass closer? That sentiment goes double for Reimu, I would think. I like her enough, so she can get a nod. Although I really think we should just go ahead and add Terry now since he’s been nominated for just about every round.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes

Terry 9
Crash 7
Reimu 5

Terry rounds out Fighters’ Pass 1.

Check-In: How does everyone like our DLC selection so far, and what do you hope to see? Also, should I change the format for the Fighters’ Pass 2 jobs?

Bonus: Guardian (Legend of Zelda)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Hero (Dragon Quest)
Steve (Minecraft)
Mythra & Pyra (Xenoblade)
Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)

My opinion so far:

I think Guardian is an interesting take on the mook fighter that Piranha Plant takes in the real timeline. For other fighters, I like the selection so far, and we were able to bring in some canon Fighters’ Pass 2 fighters sooner. In terms of what I want, it’s really just Byleth.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Dante_MvC3_artwork.png

Dante
He was heavily roumored to be in both fighter passes at some point, which obviously ended up not happening but I think he would be really fun. We do already have Leon and they do step on slightly similar ground, but i don't think that would stop them from including him.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 63: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)

Sega is one of Smash's most consistent players, so it's a bit unfortunate that it's regulated to only a single series right now. Puyo Puyo is one of Sega's most successful brands, a long-running series that has revolutionized its genre with overseas brand recognition that contests or even surpasses Sonic's own. Overseas is the key word here, but over the last decade better strides have been made to bring it overseas and see a fair amount of success via Puyo Puyo Tetris. Smash has a lack of true puzzle game representation, and I believe Arle is the perfect character to fill that void. Puyo itself is jokingly compared to fighting games on the front of being a hot blooded, high-execution player v player experience. Its competitive gameplay alongside its colorful cast of characters make it a natural it, and it would provide a bubbly, colorful series / character essence like none other so far.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Spring Man (ARMS)
ARMS got a rep at this point in the Fighter Pass, so what if instead of Min Min, we got Spring Man instead?

Top Bottom