• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Mini-Recreates: The SSB Series Rosters

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. King Dedede - My favorite Nintendo character and my Smash main. Aside from just making a lot of sense, it's pretty much my sworn duty to try and get him in here as quickly as possible.
2. Mewtwo - My nomination, I stand by what I wrote up about them initially. It's just the next practical step for Pokemon.
3. Lip - Now you're speaking my language. Great choice and a suitable replacement for the unexpectedness / unfamiliarity of characters like Ice Climbers or Marth respectively. I'm also convinced Sakurai has a sweet spot for this game, given the obvious influence on Meteos and the oddly striking resemblance that Green Greens (Melee) has to Panel de Pon's gameplay layout.

Job 9: Black Shadow

I'll be the basic one and throw this out there. As you can see, I'm using the F-Zero X design since GX hasn't come out yet. Perhaps if Black Shadow is added to Smash, they will make design adjustments that would have a lasting effect on the series proper. As everyone probably knows it's become a common fan tradition over the last however many years to want Black Shadow to adopt Ganondorf's moveset - nowadays I don't think that's practical, but had this been established in Melee instead... that could have definitely worked, arguably way better. I think he's pretty damn cool and F-Zero was still an active series at the time, so it'd be nice to give it a bit more love while it's reasonable to do so.

I really like Knee's concept for Ryota too, though. Whether it's Shadow or Ryota, it just feels right to give Falcon a clone.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Ice Climbers 3
Ridley 2
King Dedede 24
Isaac 2
Feraligatr
Ayumi Tachibana 2
Samurai Goroh 2
Mewtwo 22
Lip 9

King Dedede and Mewtwo are the next fighters.

Here are the nominations for the first set of clones.
Pupp135 Pupp135 Young Link
Perkilator Perkilator Mach Rider
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Ryota Hayami
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Wolf
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Dr. Mario
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Falco
darkvortex darkvortex Pichu
TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER Leif
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Roy
nirvanafan nirvanafan Foreman Spike
Louie G. Louie G. Black Shadow

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Falco
2. Young Link
3. Mach Rider

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Lots of fun submissions here!
  1. Leif (As much as I love Roy, I think Leif has a lot of potential in terms of how he'd function. His signature sword, the Light Brand, can cast light magic as a ranged tool - so my thought process is that it'd be neat if some of Leif's stronger attacks extend a spectral light blade outward from his sword for added range akin to some of Shulk's Monado attacks later down the line. It'd be a really unique take on a clone character!)
  2. Wolf (As much as I love Falco, I think Wolf would be a really interesting candidate if he had some similar properties to in Brawl - like his close-range damage on his blaster and some slashing attacks here and there with fast startup. Plus, he's another rival/villain for the roster.)
  3. Foreman Spike (An odd, but I think really inspired, submission. Even just making him a slower, heavier Mario with a hammer-based neutral special could give him a really unique gameplay vibe, and it'd be pretty neat to get a stage based on something like Wrecking Crew '98 in response to his inclusion.)
Shoutouts to pretty much all of these though, I don't think I'd be against any of them. Mach Rider, Dr. Mario, and Black Shadow came pretty close to nabbing the third spot for me though!

1. Black Shadow - Now that Captain Falcon is one of the original 8 fighters, there's no way Ganondorf is a cross-series clone of him. So, let's bring in this guy as a promotional pick for F-Zero GX.
  2. Dr. Mario - I still want to know how that one guy felt seeing Dr. Mario in Smash as his own roster slot. To clarify, there was a guy that asked Sakurai if he can add Dr. Mario as an alt for Mario, but he went and made him a clone character.
  3. Pichu - It's not like a Gen 2 rep would have been as likely if the Baby Mons were never considered. Just a thought.
Honorable Mentions to Foreman Spike and the two FE characters.

Top Bottom