• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll finish the voting for Job #59 right now.

3DO Game Gun 5
Plasma Pistol 12
Rocket Launcher 7

Bugsnax 10
Fairy Bottle 10
Slurp Juice 5

So this means the Plasma Pistol is the gun item we will be adding. As for the healing item, there is a tie so please vote in this poll to break the tie:

Now for the next job:
Job #60: Submit A Character Who Debuted in the 80s or Prior
Alright so for these next few character jobs I’d like to theme it around decades, starting with the 1980s. Please submit a character who debuted in the 1980s or prior, say a bit about how they would work, and why they should be in this game. Like always for these kinds of jobs, it’s fine for your character to another rep for a series.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will resubmit Knight & Ostrich

Knight & Ostrich would be a heavyweight swordfighter with great air mobility; multiple jumls and some powerful claw attacks. They could possibly have egg-related projectiles as the knights hatch from eggs in Joust.

As we most likely won't add any major FE content, we could take cues from Marth and Ike for their moveset.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll resubmit Slime for this job
My submission is Slime.

Slime is the face of the Dragon Quest series and would fight with the various different abilities every version of the slime has. I feel like they would be a good addition over Hero given the slime is all over the marketing
Also another point for him is that I think it would be funny to have both Sephiroth and Slime in this game given they’re both enemies from “rival series” but are pretty much opposites in terms of tone.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Mega Man
Job #45 #60
Mega Man

View attachment 323270
Mega Man is the other longest running CAPCOM series next to Street Fighter, with many installments, as well as numerous spin-off versions. I can see him utilizing his Mega Buster that shoots energy shots, as well as charged ones, and the numerous Robot Master weapons that he collects as he defeats them, ranging from potentially fire, ice, electric, rock, tornadoes, spinning metallic buzz saws, black holes, bombs, spinning leaf shields, and various others, depending on what we want to include. He also has a robotic dog named Rush, who can turn into things like springs, jets, and other vehicles, and a few other robot assistants like Beat, a bird who can give you a lift, and Eddie, who can dispense items. I can see him working a lot like how he does in Smash already, though a few different weapons could be chosen if we want, as well as potentially using his robot buddies in different ways. Potentially, we could also have a difference in that he'd be less stubby and emotionless and slightly more like his more modern depictions, but that's also up to you guys.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I’ll submit Erdrick from the Dragon Quest III.
8FE656BD-5129-4B8D-95ED-91A6CF9CE987.png

I submitted him because he is considered to be the most popular protagonist of the Dragon Quest series. He would probably play similarly to how he does in Smash. Also, now there is more chance for a Dairy Queen character to get in due to @Champion of Hyrule’s Slime submission... All part of my plan...

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate Bomberman
1628008807270.png

The Bomberman franchise has been around since the early/mid ‘80s, and was one of the earlier series with multiplayer battles. In terms of moveset, he would use some of his Super Smash Flash 2 moves, such as the ability to charge bombs and being able to control detonation times, but I could see cheraboms being added to the moveset.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Honestly, I think for the 90s and onwards we should split decades in half given just how much gaming culture and technology can change in 5 years
That’s a good idea but honestly I feel like it might leave us on the decade related character submissions for a little more time than I would like. However, I do see your point about how gaming culture and technology can change and so I think it would be fine if we split one of the decade character jobs into two parts. I’ll have a strawpoll here to see which decade people want to split. Everyone please vote here if you would like to:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I’ll resubmit Frogger
B8759DB0-0485-42CA-AD1C-0FA9042322AA.png

Frogger may not be talked a lot about today, but his game is really iconic to older audiences. You had to at least see a reference to his game mechanic out there somewhere. Frogger could have a interesting and creative moveset. Frogger could swing his brief case around as a weapon. He could act more like a frog by using his tongue for attacks. Maybe Frogger‘s moveset could even be about summoning obstacles at opponents, while trying to dodge them himself.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright well we have a really good selection of ideas for characters so far! I‘ll give about a couple more hours for this job. Anyways, as for the healing item voting, Fairy Bottle is the item we will add.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #60 voting:
Knight & Ostrich 7
Slime 7
Mega Man 10
Erdrick 10
Billy & Jimmy Lee 1
Bomberman 4
Frogger 3

So that means we have a tie between Mega Man and Erdrick. Since they’re both really big series, it’ll be exciting to see which one will end up getting a spot in this roster for now. So here’s the poll to break the Job #60 tie. Please vote for whichever character you think should get in:

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Mega Man wins this job. Now onto Job #61:

Job #61: Submit Two Stages
I’d like to make a more open stage related job, so for this one you can submit two of any stage ideas you have. They can be for series represented with fighters, represented with assist trophies/smash run enemies, or even series unrepresented as of now. Please submit a stage, explain how it would work, and why it should be in this game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Desktop (Windows)

Even though I've been a strong supporter of Clippit in Smash, I don't think he'd fit this project given its "celebration of gaming history" theme as opposed to Smash's "whatever characters we can get the rights to" theme - however, I think Windows as a stage is perfectly fine as a representation of PC gaming and development. It is based on Windows XP specifically.

This stage is quite large, not the size of say, Temple (let alone New Pork or TGCO), but still above the average size. You fight within 4 windows in a 2-by-2 grid. (with the bars at the top of said windows being colour coded like the classic Windows/current Microsoft logo!) Those windows show different Microsoft applications and thus have different platform layouts. The big gimmick of this stage is that windows can open and close... which also closes up the blast zones! (and reveals the Bliss wallpaper in the background, but that isn't as important) The stage becomes very cramped when only one window is open. When windows re-open they will always have a new application on it.

There are 10 possible apps:

Word
The words "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" are in 3 lines and can be used as 3 soft platforms
Media Player
A swirling visualisation will show, with 4 soft platforms moving in a windmill platform.
Paint
a Final Destination hard platform is there, and 3 soft platforms will gradually be drawn to make a Battlefield layout
Minesweeper
A destructable cube you can dig into is in the middle of this window. Mines will only appear once all the cubes have been demolished, and promptly explode, sending everyone flying and instantly closing the window once everyone is knocked back.
Powerpoint
Two soft platforms here, "Click to add title" and "Click to add subtitle"
Reversi
A game of classic 3.1 Reversi is played, with every disk being part of a hard platform. Once the game is won and all fighters are off the window the board will disappear
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is running MSN Videos, which plays snippets of footage from various DOS, Windows and Xbox adverts at 360P. The video box is a big, cube-shaped, solid platform.
MSN Messenger
A conversation between Clippit and The Dot goes on, with each post being possible to use as a platform as they gradually inch up.
Solitaire
The Solitaire cards bounce around slowly - though they don't duplicate themselves - and can be used as moving platforms.
Purble Place
Fight utop 4 conveyer belts in the cake factory, two are on the bottom and intertwined, the other two are not and float above it. The conveyer belts roll into each other.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate Central Highway and Nuketown
1628121463935.png

Central Highway is a notable location in Megaman X, and the layout be the one shown above from Super Smash Flash 2. Unlike the SSF2 version, the left and right platforms would not fall after a period of time.

1628121655054.jpeg

Nuketown is a well known CoD map that debuted in Black Ops. I’d imagine the layout having two houses on the edge of the map, and a car at the center. Occasional explosives from soldiers (e.g. grenades) will appear on the map as hazards.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #61: Kahn's Koliseum (Mortal Kombat)
DE90F65C-C32A-4BA1-9C28-A1C00C7C5433.jpeg

The stage would take place inside Shao Kahn’s Koliseum. The Koliseum belongs to the ruler of Outworld, Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn, along with cheering crowds in the stands, will be watching the fighters fight each other. Monsters and prisoners can also seen in the background chained or tied up, looking down in shame. Fighter fights directly in front of Shao Kahn and his chair. The surrounding columns in the Koliseum could be used as platforms. If Scorpion or Sub-Zero gets knocked off the screen, Shao Kahn could even say, “FATALITY!”. The Koliseum is another really iconic and reoccurring stage in the series. It was here where the final Mortal Kombat Tournament for Earthrealm’s fate was suppose to be decided.

Below is a stage submission I made long ago for a different thread.

Job #61: Flower Field (Metal Gear Solid)
8787474B-32E1-47D5-B4FB-96E971E040F5.jpeg

The Flower Field at Rokovoj Bereg is a important location in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. In the game, Rokovoj Bereg is a major part of the story and the field is where you can fight The Boss. It has a unique atmosphere with it’s trees and tall flowers all over the place. Tree branches could be used as platforms on the stage and the stage’s floor could be completely covered with white lilies. The flowers would be tall enough to where at least the fighter’s feet or knees would be blocked off a little, but have a small outline. The Boss could be a stage hazard, hiding in the flowers. The Boss’s horse, along with other animals (ex. snakes, birds, frogs, etc.) could make cameos in the background.
18B9DB62-75C4-4743-B6B4-70A571AB8020.jpeg

Below are two sample photos I tried to made to give an idea on how it could work.
65684777-DBDE-4E4C-9C26-A03452184519.jpeg

3FFBE9F5-FF2F-4B16-AAE4-773F78D921BF.jpeg

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are my submissions:

Capcom Arcade Stadium

This is a submission similar to my Namco Museum submission a while back. So you start by playing on a completely flat stage pretty much in a void. You then move through five areas based on Capcom games. Each area lasts about a minute and is completely pixelated.

Ghouls 'n Ghosts
1628123244558.png

A side-scrolling stage that goes through the first level of Ghouls n Ghosts for a couple minutes

1628123379811.png

You play on top of the ship's runway with airplanes battling in the background. Sometimes blasts can hit you and planes will fall in the water. The surface is completely flat.

Captain Commando
See the source image

You play inside the bank, again in a completely flat area. Enemies from the Captain Commando game will sometimes wander in the area andwill try to attack you.

Strider
See the source image

People play in the area of the first level from Strider. You can move on the and the diagonal walls on the left and right of the stage. The boss moves around the whole stage and can damage people, but people can also jump onto the "snake" although the boss does have a hitbox on it's front.

Pirate Ship Higemaru
See the source image

You play on a pirate deck with barrels all over the place. Higemaru will walk around and push the barrels around. The barrels can damage people.

(Cyberbots is an honorable mention for this stage, I didn't want to include it because of how many sci fi areas this stage already had)

And then here's my second submission
See the source image

You play on a completely flat area in what looks like the battle screen of Earthbound. Unlike the picture I showed, Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo are always in the party. Anyways, there are 2D sprites of a random Earthbound enemy in the background. The battle pretty much plays out like a normal Earthbound battle except attacks will sometimes effect the stage. Like PSI Fire could sometimes make fire go across the stage or PSI Freeze could make ice go across the stage. If an enemy is defeated the party's HP will be recovered and another will appear. All and all, it's a pretty unpredictable stage but I think it'll be pretty interesting and represent Earthbound well.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #61
Stage 1:
Roller Coaster Tycoon

rollercoaster-tycoon-park-1.png

Characters will fight on top of a long strip of the rollercoaster tracks near the entrance, with the rollercoaster car occasionally coming through as a hazard if it runs into you, though you can also fight on top of it, as well as the little cottage on the left-side, which is also destroyable.

Stage 2:
Robot Master Museum (Mega Man)

MM7RobotMuseum.png

A stage that's very long across. You would start at the room in the middle with different Robot Masters on display. You can knock opponents into the entry hall to the right, and then into the room at the end, where a random Robot Master will come down if a fighter enters. These Robot Masters will take after their patterns from their games, and mostly try to fight the character knocked into the room, though every combatant can attack them and, eventually, defeat them, after which, there will be a cool-down for the next Robot Master appearance.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
King Of Fighters Stadium

The Normandy

This stage would take place on top of the ship a la Corneria, and you would travel through space and end up using a Mass Effect Relay

And would end up in the Citadel.

You would fly through the city and you would end up docking, once you dock you would see several characters from the game like Captain Anderson, Liara, Tali and Garrus. Eventually you would go back through the Relay restarting the sequence

Rarely in the space portion, you would see a Reaper

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Last Minute Stage!
Pico's School (Newgrounds)
A copy and paste of how it was in Newgrounds Rumble (All blood would be censored)
Cassandra (the creature in the background) would occasionally wreak havoc on the stage by punching the fighters from the backround. I chose this stage because it represents flash games and Newgrounds, one of the most popular Flash games websites.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are your options for Job #61. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only vote for one of your own submission in second or last place. I’ll add the top two most voted for stages from this job.

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario My Desktop
Pupp135 Pupp135 Central Highway
Pupp135 Pupp135 Nuketown
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Kahn’s Koliseum
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Flower Field
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Capcom Arcade Stadium
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Battle
AlRex AlRex Roller Coaster Tycoon
AlRex AlRex Robot Master Museum
cashregister9 cashregister9 King of Fighters Stadium
cashregister9 cashregister9 The Normandy
Yiptap Yiptap Pico’s School

My votes:
1. Kahn’s Koliseum
2. Battle
3. Flower Field

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the jobs:
My Desktop 6
Central Highway 0
Nuketown 0
Kahn’s Koliseum 3
Flower Field 8
Capcom Arcade Stadium 2
Battle 3
Roller Coaster Tycoon 13
Robot Master Museum 3
King of Fighters Stadium 4
The Normandy 0
Pico’s School 1

Alright so the winners of Job #61 are Flower Field and Roller Coaster Tycoon. Now onto the next job:

Job #62: Submit A Master Chief Moveset
For this moveset job, all you need to do is submit the specials and a final smash for Master Chief although you can do more if you would like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom