• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for the new gameplay modes. For this vote you can either vote for your top three most wanted or top two most wanted in order. You can only put your submission in second or last place for the former and you can only put your own submission in last place for the latter.
Yiptap Yiptap Trophies
Pupp135 Pupp135 Custom Moves
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Boss Battles Mode
AlRex AlRex Museum
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Masterpieces

My votes:
1. Museum
2. Trophies
3. Boss Battles

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well then, here are the results of the Job #54 voting:
Trophies 6
Custom Moves 3
Boss Battles 14
Museum 7
Masterpieces 6

So that means we’re going to add two more modes: Museum and Boss Battles. So that’ll be pretty interesting. You can actually submit profiles any time, just hold off on the descriptions for the profiles for now. So do those if you would like. Profiles will not deconfirm characters. There will be a limit of 60 per series and 70 for Mario and Sonic which I feel will still give plenty of opportunities for interesting profiles. We’ll also have to do the boss battles later on. Also, I've already added some profiles.

Anyways, I’ll start the next job now:

Job #55: Submit A Second Rep for Any Series
It’s inevitable that series other than Mario and Sonic will get another character so this job will be for that. You can submit any character just as long as they’re from a series that already has one character in this thread. Please submit a character, how they would work, and why they should be in this thread.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submission: Tingle

Art by Burdrehnar on DeviantArt

One of the three (technically two if you disregard CDi adventures) Zelda characters to have a game of his own, Tingle is a perverse, greedy, and eccentric character with a small fandom devoted enough to outweigh his millions, possibly billions, of haters.

Tingle may have some sort of currency system given the capitalist critique of his first starring role, or even be a puppet fighter with bodyguards or girlfriends. I don't agree with making Tingle a joke/weak character though, given he would not and could not be a clone.

While I am a bit concerned about overrepresenting Nintendo, I think Tingle could justify his inclusion as a representative for RPG NPCs and shopkeepers.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
282.png

Gardevoir

A popular character in the pokemon series, gardevoir is known for her strong phycic abilities and magic (being half phycic and fairy would do that too you)

Gardevoir in my book would be a lightweight floaty character, she would be almost like a ballerina in the fighting scene using her phycic abilities and Trace to become a unit of elegance as well as power.

If we are to make an alternate universe we could create a good foil to existing fighters like how cuphead could be a foil to megaman and crash a foil to banjo kazooie, in this case Gardevoir is the more elegant foil to the dangerous mewtwo (they even have mega evolutions so why not do that as well)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate the Pokemon Trainer.
1627431130224.png

I’m choosing the Pokemon Trainer since they are the player character of the Pokemon games. Unlike Brawl ans Ultimate, the trainer would do the fighting. In terms of moveset, the trainer can use their bike, throw rocks, and also use a pokemon to fly on. There would different alts including Red, Blue, Leaf, Ethan, May, and Dawn.

As a side note, should we consider Coco for a Crash echo and maybe Ken as a Ryu echo?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #55: Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
939E7344-0CB0-4C6F-BB8F-60B0D9AA6004.gif

Sub-Zero is a ninja from the Lin Kuei, a clan of thieves and assassins. There have actually been two different Sub-Zeros, Bi-Han and his brother Kuai Lang. For this submission, I will be using Kuai Lang’s version of Sub-Zero. After the events of the first Mortal Kombat, Kuai Lang was told that his brother was killed in the tournament by Scorpion. Kuai Lang dawn’s his brother’s persona and enters the Outworld Mortal Kombat tournament to find Scorpion and make him pay for his brother’s death. After Mortal Kombat 2, Kuai Lang went on to be the main Sub-Zero in the series and even became allies with Scorpion (from time to time).

Being from a fighting game series, Sub-Zero has tons of moveset potential with his iconic ice powers. Just like Ryu and Scorpion, Sub-Zero is seen as a iconic fighting game character. Other than Scorpion, Sub-Zero is probably the most recognizable face of Mortal Kombat. The iconic rivalry of Scorpion and Sub-Zero is seen by many as one of the best rivalries in gaming.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I missed the last vote, op, but nice to see Museum got chosen along with the Boss Battles. For this job, I'll resubmit Chun-Li.
I'm going to submit Chun-Li
See the source image

Chun-Li is one of the most iconic characters in street fighter and has even gotten a lot of support for smash bros in our universe. She was the first female character in fighting games and is also really popular. She has even gotten into every street fighter game after 2, even street fighter 3 which only kept like 4 characters. It's not hard to imagine how she would fight given she's from a fighting game. She would use her techniques, fighting style and special moves from the games.

I know some people might want to focus on adding new series but honestly we have a lot of slots left and I think it's a good idea to get second reps for some series. Chun-Li would be a great start for second reps given how she's one of the first characters people think of when they hear "Street Fighter"
And Coco and Ken would both be good Echoes, as well. Ms. Pac-Man, perhaps, as well. I would've added Eggman, but maybe later if Bowser gets in.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Regarding echoes, from now on I'll have it so that anyone can submit ideas for echo fighters at any time and then we'll do a strawpoll to see if people want them in or not. You can't submit semi-clones though, you'll have to wait to submit them for a character job. Whenever we do a strawpoll, people can make a case for or against the character being an echo. By the way, people can also suggest an echo fighter whenever they submit normal fighters. So that said, here are the strawpolls for Ken, Coco and Ms. Pac-Man (using a fancy new site because for some reason the old site didn't work on my browser). For this and all polls, I recommend waiting for a couple hours in case someone wants to make their case.

My submission will be Mewtwo:

A really popular character in the series, I think Mewtwo would be good for a second pokemon rep given he has a fairly big role in gen 1 and he would represent legendaries in general. He would probably use the moveset he already has in our universe.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Last Minute Submission: Cloud Strife

Cloud came from the extremely popular Final Fantasy 7. We already have Sephiroth, so why not Cloud? (I don't know much about the Final Fantasy series as a whole, so there's not a lot I can talk about lol.)

AlRex

Smash Lord
The Cloud submission makes me wonder if it'd be odd to have Terra and Sephiroth. Or Kefka and Sephiroth, I guess. Or even Black Mage/ViVi and Sephiroth. Maybe later...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will opt to add some profiles for characters from non-playable series.

• Jill & the Drill Dozer (Drill Dozer)
  • Dark Lord (Streetpass Quest)
  • Willy (Rockin' Kats)
  • Scent Hound (Duck Hunt)
  • Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo (EarthBound)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Sub-Zero
2. Chun-Li
3. Pokemon Trainer

I assume we'll also determine whether Pokemon Trainer has the same Pokemon or even the same gimmick later, if they get chosen.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Some extra songs
  • Die House (Vocal) - Cuphead
  • Thwomp Desert - Mario Kart Wii
  • Character Select - Mario Hoops 3-on-3
  • Chill - Dr. Mario
  • Item Room Ambience - Super Metroid
  • Snakey Chanty - DKC2
  • Cosmic Highway - DK Barrel Blast
  • Pigstep - Minecraft
  • Showdown at the Tower - DK '94
  • Special Stages Medley - Classic Sonic Trilogy
  • Mischief - Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
  • Steam Gardens - Mario Odyssey
  • Red Alert - Metal Gear (MSX)
  • Pirate Lagoon - Diddy Kong Racing
  • Hot Top Volcano - Diddy Kong Racing
  • Mining Melancholy - DKC2
  • Hot Head Hop - DKC2
  • K. Rool Returns/Welcome to Crocodile Isle - DKC2
  • Scorch N' Torch - DKC Tropical Freeze
  • Windmill Hill - DKC Tropical Freeze
  • Secret Seclusion - DKC Tropical Freeze
  • Don't Deal With the Devil (Instrumental) - Cuphead

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so looking at the polls, the majority of people agree with adding Ken and Ms. Pac-Man so we're going to add them to this game as echoes! We did get a 50-50 on Coco though. I'll just remove my vote which was for adding her as an echo so we're not gonna add her. Anyways, I'll finish up the votes for Job #55 in a couple of hours. By the way, I'm probably gonna just automatically give Ken Shinryuken and Shippu Jinraiyaku as his final smash since those are the final smashes he has in our universe.

Also I'm gonna add a couple tracks: Mole Train from DKCR and Mushroom Hill from sonic and knuckles

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright then, here are the results of the Job #55 voting:

Tingle 4
Gardevoir 3
Pokemon Trainer 2
Sub Zero 9
Chun-Li 7
Mewtwo 7
Cloud 4

That means we're going to add Sub Zero to this game. Now onto the next job:

Job #56: Submit a Final Smash for Donkey Kong
This is a rather simple job. Just submit a final smash idea for Donkey Kong, that's all you have to do.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'm gonna finally get some halo tracks in here:
Halo (Halo 1)
Enough Dead Heroes (Halo 1)
Halo MJONIR Mix (Halo 2)
Blow Me Away (Halo 2)
Last of the Brave (Halo 3)
Behold a Pale Horse (Halo 3)
Finish the Fight (Halo 3)
Overture (Halo Reach)
Tip of the Spear (Halo Reach)
Spirit of Fire (Halo Wars)
Awakening (Halo 4)
Faithless (Halo 4)
Kamchatka (Halo 5)
Recomissioned (Halo Wars 2)
Isabel's Awakening (Halo Wars 2)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, the votes have been counted and Moon Punch will be added as DK’s final smash. Now here’s the next job:

Job #57: Submit A Non-Human Assist Trophy
For this job you need to submit an assist trophy, with the ome rule being that it has to be non-human. Please submit an idea for trophy and how it would work. I’ll add the top two most votes assist trophies from this job.

BTW, I’ll do our first boss submission period after this job.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Non-Human AT: Bubsy

Bubsy runs around on stage and tries to pounce his summoner's foes. When he does he and his victim will be sent into a cartoon violence dust bubble that bounces around and can even catch other foes inside. Bubsy also says many wisecracks as is to be expected. If you launch him far enough upwards he'll get back on stage by gliding - though this serves more as a vulnerability than an advantage.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Sinistar
Sinistar
View attachment 323397
When summoned, Sinistar will roar, then fly around the stage, while also occasionally saying one of his infamous lines ("Beware, coward! I live!" "Run, run, run!" "I hunger!" "Run, coward!"). If he catches up to a foe, he will inhale them into his mouth, causing them to spin around for a bit before biting down on them, causing heavy damage and sending them flying. However, Sinistar can also be slowly destroyed over time by projectiles, explosives, and other items from a distance, so it's probably smart to do that and try to avoid him. Sinistar is from a cult classic Midway arcade game, but what he does (fly around, yell his distinctive lines, and try to catch the player) might not be as conducive to a full moveset.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I was thinking of Yoshi, but I’m going to renominate Amy again:
I’ll nominate Amy from the Sonic series since she is a recurring character in the series, but not as major/popular as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman. As an assist, she’ll attack with her hammer, and she is KO’able.
1626746258308.png

Top Bottom