• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Bros. Reboot

Which Echo should we add?

• Funky over DK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadow over Sonic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In hypothetical future, Nintendo wants a new smash game but under new management and development.

Nintendo wants a new game without Sakurai and to reboot the franchise back to it's roots as a Duel between Nintendo All-stars.

What will be different with this creation thread?
-All Veteran's will have re-tooled/revamped movesets and/or Visuals
-Third-parties will be limited to those with a strong Nintendo Presence (Example: Bayo and Sonic are OK while Cloud and Joker are questionable and Kratos would not be eligible in the beginning.)
-Mostly new stages, returning stages can have massive changes
-Each character has a home stage
-Mostly New Items, Returning items can have massive changes
-New Core Fighting mechanics (Will be decided in a job)

--The Content--
Gameplay

Characters
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus
4. Pikachu
5. Kirby
6. Yoshi
7. Donkey Kong
8. Fox
9. Captain Falcon
10. Ness
11. Luigi
12. Inkling
13. Bandanna Waddle Dee
14. Waluigi
15. Villager
16. Isaac
17. Wario
18. Kamek
19. Mii Swordfighter/Gunner/Brawler
20. Sonic
21. Arle
22. Officer Howard
23. PAC-MAN
24. Marth
25. Mega Man

Stages:
1. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Brinstar
5. Green Greens
6. Yoshi's Island
7. Jungle Hijinx
8. Orbital Defense Platform
9. Mute City
10. Onett
12. Moray Towers
15. Smashville
18. Baby Bowser's Castle
24. Castle Siege
25. Wily Castle

Items:
Assist Trophy
Super Mushroom
Pokeball
Heart Container
Super Scope
Geosphere
Lizal Forked Boomerang
Stealth Suit

Assists:
Pom Pom
Krystal
E.M.M.I.
Nintendog
Muddy Mole
Ghirahim
Rambi
Yuri Kozukata

Pokeball Pokemon:
Ditto
Electrode
Rhyperior
Magikarp

Gamemodes:
Stadium
All-star Battle
Smash Run

Music:

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job #1 Submit a new First Party character

Job #2 Submit a new Fighting mechanic

There will be 3 Core Gameplay changes
-A Fighting Mechanic, which changes the act of attacking in some major way
-a Movement Mechanic, Which changes movement in a way
-Another one, Some other core change

this first mechanic is one that affects attacks.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #1: Anna (Fire Emblem)
1639600041294.png

Anna is one of the few reoccurring characters in the series, being in every FE game except Fire Emblem Gaiden and Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia. Anna should be considered for the Fire Emblem rep because she appears often while also being liked and would be a unique FE Fighter being able to use multiple Weaponry AND Magic.

I can't think of anything for Job 2, I'm not a mechanics guy.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 1: Waluigi
WaluigiSMP2.png
I’m not a fan of the character, but he is one of the most requested characters not added, and the fanmade movesets for him are pretty cool. If we drastically cut down the roster, a few heavy hitters will be a good way to maintain the interest of players.

Job 2: Back Smashes, Tilts, and Specials (I assume these count)
I feel that adding these types of attacks can leading to something unique and more complex.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #1 Submit a new First Party character

Job #2 Submit a new Fighting mechanic

There will be 3 Core Gameplay changes
-A Fighting Mechanic, which changes the act of attacking in some major way
-a Movement Mechanic, Which changes movement in a way
-Another one, Some other core change

this first mechanic is one that affects attacks.
Job #1: Mewtwo.
1639610300890.png

I feel that Mewtwo is pretty much a necessity in a roster like this. Given that Jigglypuff was cut, I think it's reasonable to consider a new Pokemon character - and whilst popular current picks like Toxtricity, Cinderace or Dragapult might be irrelevant in 10 years time, Mewtwo is a beloved icon of the Pokemon series that's already stood the test of time. Aside from this, Mewtwo's powerful psychic abilities, in contrast to Ness's elemental PSI, would work well in its favour - and giving it more attacks based directly on moves from the Pokemon series, especially of the Psychic type, would be a good way to make it work better overall as a representative of its origin.

Job #2: Unique Shields.
I think that taking inspiration from characters like Yoshi could be fun here, and giving unique shields with unique effects to each character could be fun - be it something like PK Shield for Ness, the Cape for Mario, or even something like the Jewel Satellite for a character like Mega Man (despite not being here yet, I know.)

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 1:

Bandana Dee is my submission. Despite spawning successful titles over the years, the Kirby series hasn’t had a new character since Brawl and now would be a good time to give the series a fourth character. Bandana Dee has been a mainstay for the series since 2011 and plays just as big of a role as both Dedede and Meta Knight. Plus, while I normally wouldn’t use moveset potential to help justify an inclusion (as R.O.B. shows us that pretty much anyone can have a good moveset), a spear user, a type we’ve never seen playable, would make for an interesting fighter.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 2:

A fifth special move, inputted by pressing B and another button (potentially A or one of the back buttons). Each character only has four specials in total and I’m a little surprised we never got more than that, though I can understand why, as they’d take longer to make. More offense based attacks are activated with this new input.

Job 1:
ExciteBiker (Excite)

ExciteBiker is one of playable characters in Excitebike on NES. He is Bike racer, who races with other bikers through stunt courses through games and he is one of Retro Reps for Smash Reboot. He is one of Nintendo's iconic NES Character, who debuted on Side-Scrolling Racing game known as Excitebike, who had other sequels during modern times like ExciteBike 64 or World Rally.
His moveset could be taken from Excite series like Excitebike and he could be Rushdown Character of the Game. His moveset consists of Boost Dashes, Bike Tricks and elements from Games like Mud puddles. His design is based on Trophy Incarnation from Smash 4.

Job 2:
Team-Up Moves:

Those moves known as "Team-up Moves", which if you play with your Friend, you can team up with him to make insane moves.
List of Attacks and Examples:
Team-Up Neutral Special: Spitfire (Mario+Kirby): Mario uses Kirby to make him spit fire at opponents.
Team-up Side Special: Hammer Cape (Mario+Kirby): Mario grabs Kirby's Hammer and swings along with deflecting projectiles.
Team-Up Up Special: Super Jump Cutter (Mario+Kirby): Mario jumps with Kirby and Kirby does final cutter.
Team-Up Down Special:
Stone Curler (Mario+Kirby): Mario uses FLUDD and Kirby turns into stone. When touches water, he turns into Curling and goes straight like Koopa Shell at opponents.

Team-Up Final Smash:
Fire Sword (Mario+Kirby): Mario gives Kirby a Fire flower and lights up the sword and uses the same attack, but he lits up enemies on fire.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job #1: Anna (Fire Emblem)
View attachment 340368
Anna is one of the few reoccurring characters in the series, being in every FE game except Fire Emblem Gaiden and Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia. Anna should be considered for the Fire Emblem rep because she appears often while also being liked and would be a unique FE Fighter being able to use multiple Weaponry AND Magic.

I can't think of anything for Job 2, I'm not a mechanics guy.
Job 1: Waluigi
WaluigiSMP2.png
I’m not a fan of the character, but he is one of the most requested characters not added, and the fanmade movesets for him are pretty cool. If we drastically cut down the roster, a few heavy hitters will be a good way to maintain the interest of players.

Job 2: Back Smashes, Tilts, and Specials (I assume these count)
I feel that adding these types of attacks can leading to something unique and more complex.
Job #1: Mewtwo.
View attachment 340399

I feel that Mewtwo is pretty much a necessity in a roster like this. Given that Jigglypuff was cut, I think it's reasonable to consider a new Pokemon character - and whilst popular current picks like Toxtricity, Cinderace or Dragapult might be irrelevant in 10 years time, Mewtwo is a beloved icon of the Pokemon series that's already stood the test of time. Aside from this, Mewtwo's powerful psychic abilities, in contrast to Ness's elemental PSI, would work well in its favour - and giving it more attacks based directly on moves from the Pokemon series, especially of the Psychic type, would be a good way to make it work better overall as a representative of its origin.

Job #2: Unique Shields.
I think that taking inspiration from characters like Yoshi could be fun here, and giving unique shields with unique effects to each character could be fun - be it something like PK Shield for Ness, the Cape for Mario, or even something like the Jewel Satellite for a character like Mega Man (despite not being here yet, I know.)
Job 1:

Bandana Dee is my submission. Despite spawning successful titles over the years, the Kirby series hasn’t had a new character since Brawl and now would be a good time to give the series a fourth character. Bandana Dee has been a mainstay for the series since 2011 and plays just as big of a role as both Dedede and Meta Knight. Plus, while I normally wouldn’t use moveset potential to help justify an inclusion (as R.O.B. shows us that pretty much anyone can have a good moveset), a spear user, a type we’ve never seen playable, would make for an interesting fighter.
Job 1: Nooklings (Timmy & Tommy Nook)

A fresh new fighter for the ice climbers gimmick & a very popular Nintendo franchise
Job 1:
ExciteBiker (Excite)

ExciteBiker is one of playable characters in Excitebike on NES. He is Bike racer, who races with other bikers through stunt courses through games and he is one of Retro Reps for Smash Reboot. He is one of Nintendo's iconic NES Character, who debuted on Side-Scrolling Racing game known as Excitebike, who had other sequels during modern times like ExciteBike 64 or World Rally.
His moveset could be taken from Excite series like Excitebike and he could be Rushdown Character of the Game. His moveset consists of Boost Dashes, Bike Tricks and elements from Games like Mud puddles. His design is based on Trophy Incarnation from Smash 4.

Job 2:
Team-Up Moves:

Those moves known as "Team-up Moves", which if you play with your Friend, you can team up with him to make insane moves.
List of Attacks and Examples:
Team-Up Neutral Special: Spitfire (Mario+Kirby): Mario uses Kirby to make him spit fire at opponents.
Team-up Side Special: Hammer Cape (Mario+Kirby): Mario grabs Kirby's Hammer and swings along with deflecting projectiles.
Team-Up Up Special: Super Jump Cutter (Mario+Kirby): Mario jumps with Kirby and Kirby does final cutter.
Team-Up Down Special: Stone Curler (Mario+Kirby): Mario uses FLUDD and Kirby turns into stone. When touches water, he turns into Curling and goes straight like Koopa Shell at opponents.

Team-Up Final Smash: Fire Sword (Mario+Kirby): Mario gives Kirby a Fire flower and lights up the sword and uses the same attack, but he lits up enemies on fire.

Characters:
Anna
Waluigi
Mewtwo
Bandanna Dee
Timmy and Tommy
Excitebiker

Mechanic
Back Inputs
Unique Shields
Fifth Special
Team-up Attacks

Vote For Your top 3 in both categories, you may only vote for your own in second or third place

Last edited:
Characters:
Anna
Waluigi
Mewtwo
Bandanna Dee
Timmy and Tommy

Mechanic
Back Inputs
Unique Shields
Fifth Special
Team-up Attacks

Vote For Your top 3 in both categories, you may only vote for your own in second or third place
You forgot about Excitebiker!

Anyway:
1. Waluigi
2. ExciteBiker
3. Bandana Dee

1. Back Inputs
2. Team-Up Attacks
3. Fifth Special

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Characters:
Anna
Waluigi
Mewtwo
Bandanna Dee
Timmy and Tommy
Excitebiker

Mechanic
Back Inputs
Unique Shields
Fifth Special
Team-up Attacks

1. Excitebiker (A cool classic pick and one I'd love to see in the Smash series as a whole. Whilst I'd personally prefer other retro picks like Sukapon or Mach Rider, Excitebike is an important game in Nintendo's history, and a cool one to imagine in a game like this.)
2. Mewtwo (Self-vote, but I think Mewtwo does have that legacy and modern appeal alike, and would be key in a game like this due to a unique playstyle, design, and overall character.)
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee (He's a popular first-party pick, and I won't deny he has potential. Whilst I'd prefer to see other Kirby main characters like King Dedede, Meta Knight, Gooey, or more minor picks like Magolor in here first, Waddle Dee could do a good job at representing the whole Helper aspect of the series - leaving Kirby more open to represent the series as a whole, whilst Bandanna Waddle Dee could represent helpers as a whole in his moveset.)

1. Back Inputs - I think this actually has a ton of potential in certain situations, as seen with Terry's whole back special situation. Whilst this technically also counts as a Fifth Special, it works well here.
2. Fifth Special - The idea of a truly weird pick for a fifth special sounds fun, whether it's a Back Special, an A-Special or even a Shield Special!
3. Unique Shields - again, a self-vote, but I think a cool way to represent other aspects of a character we don't see in the traditional movesets.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Characters:
Anna 4
Waluigi 11
Mewtwo 5
Bandanna Dee 11
Timmy and Tommy 5
Excitebiker 6

Mechanic
Back Inputs 15
Unique Shields 8
Fifth Special 14
Team-up Attacks 5

there is a tie with BWD and Waluigi but both will be added.

Job 3

How should assists be handled?

Job 4

Submit a returning first party character.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 3:

I think Assists are fine as is and should stay the way they are in Ultimate and previous games.

Job 4:

Since Waluigi is here, I may as well submit his best friend Wario. While his series isn't as prevalent as it once was, it still receives games every once in a while, unlike Star Fox, F-Zero, and other series, and he at least shows up in games, even if they're centered around Mario. Having him here means that his moveset could finally be redesigned into something faithful to Wario Land.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 3: I think assists are fine as they are, and I’d just add a toggle for choosing which assists are available during matches.

Job 4: I thought of nominating Jigglypuff to round out the 64 cast, but I’ll go with Villager for the moment since Animal Crossing is the most important franchise w/o a playable fighter yet, and Villager is the player character of the series.

Job 3:
Assist Timer

This Idea is inspired by Osby in "BATTLE OF AGES" and this Assist Feature could appear in Smash Reboot.
First, you need to Pick an Assist for you and there is a Timer, where normally loads and when it's full, you release an Assist that you pick (Example. Phosphora) and it could Assist you.
The Assists are divided into Categories:
Attack: It attacks the Opponent.

Support: It supports you like healing you from damages.
Sabotage: It doesn't do any damage, but it gives you random effects.

Job 4:
Ice Climbers

I nominate them, because they could represent NES Era of Nintendo like in Melee (Ah, good times!) and they could work like in Smash, which they could have Reversed Traction and being as Duo Fighter.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Ice Climbers
2. Villager
3. Marth

I forgot that Ice Climbers are nominated, so I’m changing my vote.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Assist Trophies will return like normal

Returning first party
Wario Butters Stotch Butters Stotch 7
Villager Pupp135 Pupp135 10
Ice Climbers Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 5
Marth @Darkonedagger 6
Mii Fighters Baysha Baysha 7
Pyra & Mythra nirvanafan nirvanafan 1

Villager is our next character!

Job 3

Submit a Mario Assist Trophy

Job 4

Submit a homestage for Mario

I added this to the differences afterwards but every character will have a home stage.

Job 3:
Captain Toad/Toad

Captain Toad is one of Characters in Mario Universe and one of residents in Mushroom Kingdom. He is one of Iconic Mario Side characters and he serves also as Peach's Assistant and he even has a girlfriend called Toadette, which she is not very known. He also appears as Captain Toad along with Captain Toadette and his brigade.

When summoned, he could appear in Background and he could give you Items like Mushroom or etc. He could even jump out from Background to attack the opponents with his Super Pickaxe.
He can't be KOed.

Job 4:
Mushroom Kingdom (Reboot)

The Stage could have similar layout to Peach's Castle from Melee, but it could have Super Mario Odyssey design and it could have expanded Layout, where you can additionally fight on Ground. The Cameos are gonna be rest of non-playable Mario Characters.
It also has Cameo places like Rosalina's Observatory or even Moon from Mario games like Odyssey.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 3: Pom Pom
Artwork of Pom Pom from Super Mario Party
Pom Pom is a boss character who debuted in Super Mario 3D Land, and since she is not as recurring as the Koopalings and Bowser Jr., I think that the assist role would be a good choice. In terms of how she’d work. She’ll throw a few shurikens, where she changes her position after each throw. For the final shuriken, Pom Pom first clones herself, so multiple Pom Poms appear on the map, and the real Pom Pom then throws the last shuriken.

Job 4: Remixed Mushroom Kingdom

Mushroom Kingdom
This stage would play similarly to the Mushroom Kingdom stages in 64 and Melee where there are the pipes from 64 but have the breakable blocks from Melee. I would say that this stage has a layout similar to Melee’s but hit has a solid platform on the left side like in 64. The pipes would be on the left platform, the right side of the map, and the walls of the pits.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 3:
Captain Toad/Toad

Captain Toad is one of Characters in Mario Universe and one of residents in Mushroom Kingdom. He is one of Iconic Mario Side characters and he serves also as Peach's Assistant and he even has a girlfriend called Toadette, which she is not very known. He also appears as Captain Toad along with Captain Toadette and his brigade.

When summoned, he could appear in Background and he could give you Items like Mushroom or etc. He could even jump out from Background to attack the opponents with his Super Pickaxe.
He can't be KOed.

Job 4:
Mushroom Kingdom (Reboot)

The Stage could have similar layout to Peach's Castle from Melee, but it could have Super Mario Odyssey design and it could have expanded Layout, where you can additionally fight on Ground. The Cameos are gonna be rest of non-playable Mario Characters.
It also has Cameo places like Rosalina's Observatory or even Moon from Mario games like Odyssey.
Job 3: Pom Pom
Artwork of Pom Pom from Super Mario Party
Pom Pom is a boss character who debuted in Super Mario 3D Land, and since she is not as recurring as the Koopalings and Bowser Jr., I think that the assist role would be a good choice. In terms of how she’d work. She’ll throw a few shurikens, where she changes her position after each throw. For the final shuriken, Pom Pom first clones herself, so multiple Pom Poms appear on the map, and the real Pom Pom then throws the last shuriken.

Job 4: Remixed Mushroom Kingdom

Mushroom Kingdom
This stage would play similarly to the Mushroom Kingdom stages in 64 and Melee where there are the pipes from 64 but have the breakable blocks from Melee. I would say that this stage has a layout similar to Melee’s but hit has a solid platform on the left side like in 64. The pipes would be on the left platform, the right side of the map, and the walls of the pits.

Job 3

VOTE HERE

Job 4

VOTE HERE

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Pom Pom and Mushroom Kingdom Reboot will be added

Job 5

Submit a New First Party Character and a Returning First Party Character

Job 6

Submit a NEW Moveset for Mario

You can do the whole thing or just specials. There should be at least 1 new move.

Last edited:
Job 5:
New:
ExciteBiker (Excite) (Resubmission)

ExciteBiker
is one of Characters from Excite Series and he is a Guy, who rides on Bike and races with other ExciteBikers on ExciteBike Arena. He is one of Nintendo's Classic characters with modern titles and even Iconic Retro character, who was made by Nintendo.
ExciteBiker debuted on 1984's Side-Scrolling racing game called "ExciteBike" released on Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), which it had huge sales.
He originally was meant to be in Melee, but he was replaced by Ice Climbers and he later appeared in Brawl as Assist Trophy and in SSB4 was Trophy along being a spirit in Ultimate.

His moveset could borrow stuff from "Excite" games, like NES ExciteBike, ExciteBike 64 and other titles like ExciteTruck, which it could be unique moveset due attacking opponents on Bike. He could be Middleweight Rushdown character with Fastest speed (Not counting Sonic and 3rd Partiesif they were in Smash reboot) and he could have a Gimmick named "Temperature Meter" where Excitebiker Dashes or attacks, which it rises the Temperature in his Bike. When it's full, his bike Explodes and after 2 seconds while being stunned, it rejoins and he comes back on his Bike.

I nominate ExciteBiker as Fighter, because he could represent NES Era in Smash as Fighter, which it could be very cool addition to Smash like Ice Climbers in Melee.

Returning: Mii Fighters

Miis are Nintendo's Avatars which they appeared first on Wii, but they appeared on later Nintendo systems like Wii U, 3DS and Switch. They could have same role in Smash like Gunner, Brawler and Swordfighter.

Job 6:
Mario Moveset:

Neutral Special: Fireball - Mario throws a Fireball straight like in Smash. Only change is where Mario can charge his Fireball to make it Bigger.

Side Special: Cappy - Mario possesses near opponent for 4 seconds and he takes control the Opponent's body. After 4 seconds, he jumps out of it, which it gives great damage. Cappy can reflect Projectiles like Cape and it can also serve as a Trampoline if it holds longer in Air.

Up Special: Helicopter Mushroom - Mario has Helicopter power-up and goes upwards like in NSMB games and he can descend down with it while mid-air. It can give normal Spamming damage like Super Jumo Punch.

Down Special: FLUDD - Acts same like in Smash, but when mid-air, it turns into FLUDD Jetpack, which it could give damage downwards and he could spike with Stream when opponent is Under him.

Final Smash: Mega Finale - Mario grabs Mega Mushroom and does the Same Final Smash (Mario Finale) like in Smash games, but there is 3rd Fireball that goes Straightforwards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom