• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates Sonic: The Champions! (Action Figure submissions!)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey guys, really really sorry but I broke the Scepter of Darkness. I know, I know, they told me that is the LAST thing I should do, but I was just really stressed out this morning and I accidentally clipped through a sidewalk and tripped and didn’t catch it. Well, time to face facts: Mephiles The Dark will be joining the roster of…uh, waitaminute. We don’t have a name yet.

Submit a title for Sonic Smash Bros!
Our current name, seen at the top of the thread, will be an option by default.

Submit a gameplay style!
Also something we really need. How can we make the platform fighter genre into something that is unmistakably Sonic?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
For gameplay, I propose that all fighters have one jump, but all fighters can airdash (works like in NASB, eight directions with downward ones being much faster) multiple times, with more airborne fighters having more airdashes (like for instance, the standard would be two, but Knuckles has three and Tails might have four or five). So getting knocked offstage means you have to recover using around 2 airdashes (two airdashes straight up give you as much height as your average double jump in Smash), accompanied by your recovery move if you have one.

For a title, I submit Supersonic Scuffle.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Gameplay tweaks:
In Stamina matches(presuming this is a thing in the game) when characters have their HP knocked down to 5 HP, they'll spew out five rings.

As long as they keep collecting these rings after being hit they can continue fighting, allowing for Stamina matches to last a lot longer. The rings can be collected by other players too however, adding additional HP to them.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, we've all agreed that our game needs air dashing. YoshiandToad's submission is exclusive to Stamina mode and it's a great idea, so it will be added automatically if there are no objections. The gameplay will be fast as everyone's agreed on, and it will probably take inspiration from Melee as FazDude said. I'll open a strawpoll to decide between the two major submissions for gameplay - mine (one jump, multiple airdashes) and cashregister's (universal special cancelling), but there will be an option for both.
For a title, the choices are:
Sonic: Champions of Chaos FazDude FazDude
Sonic the Fighters: Champions League Pupp135 Pupp135
Sonic Battle: Chaos Colisseum cashregister9 cashregister9
Supersonic Scuffle Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Sonic: The Champions Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

You may vote for one or two, with your first getting two points and second getting one point. Alt and music jobs coming after this job.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Sonic: The Champions
2. Sonic the Fighters: Champions League

I also like SuperSonic Scuffle, but admittedly would have preferred simply "Sonic Scuffle" due to it's similarity to "Sonic Shuffle".

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sonic: The Champions will be the name of our game! Thanks to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for the submission.
And with three votes, our game will have both mine and cashregister9's gameplay tweaks - one jump, multiple airdashes, special cancelling - as well as the Stamina tweak submitted by YoshiandToad and general agreement on speedy, Melee like gameplay brought up by other users of the thread like FazDude. Keep our gameplay tweaks in mind when making movesets in the future.

As stated before, alt and music jobs are up next, so stay tuned for those shortly.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
UNSTOPPABLE
In celebration of the release of Sonic 2, today's jobs are themed on the beloved new series of films!
Submit alt lists for Tails and/or Knuckles

It's time for Sonic's best pals to get some alts! Please submit a list of 8 or 16 alts for Tails and/or Knuckles. Link to or include any images if you feel it necessary.

Submit a songlist for Piston Pit

Submit a list of four songs to appear on Piston Pit. If you include music from the Sonic OVA, be sure it's music you wouldn't mind not having in an OVA stage if it's included anywhere down the line.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Tails Alts
  1. Default
  2. Brown fur, resembles his AoSTH appearance
  3. Blue fur, resembles Sonic
  4. Cream fur, resembles (get this) Cream
  5. Light green fur, references Cosmo
  6. Purple fur
  7. Boom attire (model swap)
  8. Boom attire with more orange fur, resembles Sticks
Knuckles Alts & Knuckles
  1. Default
  2. Orange fur, resembles Tikal
  3. Green fur, resembles Chaos Knuckles from the Archie comics
  4. Purple fur, resembles Thrash the Tazmanian Devil
  5. Gray fur
  6. Blue fur
  7. Yellow fur
  8. Treasure Hunter Knux from Sonic Forces: Speed Battle (model swap)
Piston Pit Music

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dang, didn't get the notification!

Tails Alts
  1. Modern Tails Yellowy orange fur
  2. Original classic Tails orange fur
  3. Brown and cream - SATAM Tails
  4. Gold and Silver - Super Tails
  5. Sonic Boom goggles, belt and tape - err...Sonic Boom Tails
  6. Riders Goggles - Sonic Riders
  7. Teal fur - Kitsunami the Fennec (IDW comics)
  8. Red fur - Fiona Fox (Archie comics)
Knuckles Alts
  1. Regular red fur
  2. Pink fur - Hyper Knuckles
  3. Green fur - Chaos Knuckles (Archie Comics)
  4. Orange fur - Tikal
  5. Dark Red with tribal markings - Pachacamac
  6. Red fur with black eyes and silver knuckles and arms - Metal Knuckles
  7. Silver fur, red eyes and cream gloves - Mecha Knuckles
  8. Black fur, pink highlights - Shade the Echidna's suit
Abstain on the music for now.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Knuckles alts:
1. Default
2. Pink w/dreadlock bandages (Knuckles Clan)
3. Reddish-pink (Mania hue)
4. Orange w/dreadlock bandages (Tikal)
5. White with random red streaks and red gloves (Wechnia/glitched Knuckles from Chaotix)
6. Blue Knuckles (glitched Knux from Sonic 3)
7. Knuckles with OVA hat
8. Knuckles with SA2 Battle jumpsuit

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Fittingly enough, our Sonic 2 jobs have closed after 2 days!
Tails Alts
  1. Default
  2. Brown fur, resembles his AoSTH appearance
  3. Blue fur, resembles Sonic
  4. Cream fur, resembles (get this) Cream
  5. Light green fur, references Cosmo
  6. Purple fur
  7. Boom attire (model swap)
  8. Boom attire with more orange fur, resembles Sticks
Knuckles Alts & Knuckles
  1. Default
  2. Orange fur, resembles Tikal
  3. Green fur, resembles Chaos Knuckles from the Archie comics
  4. Purple fur, resembles Thrash the Tazmanian Devil
  5. Gray fur
  6. Blue fur
  7. Yellow fur
  8. Treasure Hunter Knux from Sonic Forces: Speed Battle (model swap)
Piston Pit Music
Piston Pit Music:
1. Welcome To Green Hills (Sonic The Hedgehog film)
2. Wildstyle Pistolero (Sonic Mania)
3. Blue Star (Sonic Adventure)
4. Speed Life (Sonic The Hedgehog 2 film)
Dang, didn't get the notification!

Tails Alts
  1. Modern Tails Yellowy orange fur
  2. Original classic Tails orange fur
  3. Brown and cream - SATAM Tails
  4. Gold and Silver - Super Tails
  5. Sonic Boom goggles, belt and tape - err...Sonic Boom Tails
  6. Riders Goggles - Sonic Riders
  7. Teal fur - Kitsunami the Fennec (IDW comics)
  8. Red fur - Fiona Fox (Archie comics)
Knuckles Alts
  1. Regular red fur
  2. Pink fur - Hyper Knuckles
  3. Green fur - Chaos Knuckles (Archie Comics)
  4. Orange fur - Tikal
  5. Dark Red with tribal markings - Pachacamac
  6. Red fur with black eyes and silver knuckles and arms - Metal Knuckles
  7. Silver fur, red eyes and cream gloves - Mecha Knuckles
  8. Black fur, pink highlights - Shade the Echidna's suit
Abstain on the music for now.
Knuckles alts:
1. Default
2. Pink w/dreadlock bandages (Knuckles Clan)
3. Reddish-pink (Mania hue)
4. Orange w/dreadlock bandages (Tikal)
5. White with random red streaks and red gloves (Wechnia/glitched Knuckles from Chaotix)
6. Blue Knuckles (glitched Knux from Sonic 3)
7. Knuckles with OVA hat
8. Knuckles with SA2 Battle jumpsuit
Here are the voting links!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Happy Thursday, guys! Sorry for the wait on the new jobs, power/internet went out last night.

Submit a fighter from the 90's

Please submit a newcomer who made their debut appearance anytime before 2000. Non-game characters are not allowed for this job. Modern versions of classic characters (like the Chaotix or its members) are eligible.

Submit a moveset for Shadow
kindpng_2823113.png

Please submit at least 4 special moves for the Ultimate Life Form, though other information such as a general character overview or additional moves are appreciated. Do not include his Final Smash, taunts, or extra animations for now.
Minor update, the front page has been edited to include credits for submissions! Sorry that they weren't there before.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
90's Fighter - Fang the Sniper / Nack the Weasel (resubmission)
Because you can't keep a good half-jerboa-half-wolf down...
Fighter Submission: Fang the Sniper / Nack the Weasel

Having a gunslinger in the game is a fun idea to me, and Fang's the perfect character for the job IMO. Plus, he's probably the best representative for the "classic" era of Sonic (excluding characters who would make their way over to the modern games with redesigns).
Shadow Moveset
Shadow is a rushdown character similar to Sonic; However, Shadow trades in some of Sonic's approaching options and speed for having generally stronger attacks, including a more reliable ranged option.
  • Neutral Special: Chaos Spear
    • Shadow fires a bolt of Chaos energy straight forward. It's essentially Fox's laser from Smash.
  • Side Special: Light-Speed Dash
    • After a brief charge, Shadow dashes forwards at a blinding speed. It's essentially the Fox Illusion from Smash.
  • Up Special: Chaos Burst
    • Shadow quickly vanishes from the battlefield, only to reappear in any given direction with a burst of Chaos energy.
  • Down Special: Chaos Control
By the way, did we ever decide what moveset Sonic would use? If so, I think we should add it and Whisper's moveset to the front.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
For Sonic's moveset, Pupp's SSF2 inspired set won with only two people voting. I'll add in it and Whisper's once I post this.
90's Fighter: Metal Sonic

A robot built by Dr. Eggman in an effort to give Sonic a taste of his own speed and power, Metal is one of the most beloved characters in the series. His determination to become the one, true Sonic is not unfounded, seeing as he was only created as a copy of something greater than himself. Metal Sonic could very well be a Sonic clone, but I feel he would shine brightest in Champions as his own thing. He would make great use of his claws, chest exhaust, electrical abilities, and speed.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
90s Fighter: Chaos 0

Chaos-Sonic-Forces-Speed-Battle.png

Yes, that's right, Sonic Adventure was released in 1998. I can't believe it's that old either.

Anyway Chaos is quite frankly a brilliantly designed character.
With insane reach, the potential to utilise his watery flexible body in unique ways and maybe even briefly reach his more powerful forms, Chaos has a lot of interesting potential that we could get creative with. He'd likely fight mostly in his weakest form, Chaos 0, as it's the form people are most familiar with...and is the most bipedal version available too.

D

Deleted member

MightySMP.PNG.png

Mighty the Armadillo
Once fated to obscurity, this guy had a new lease on life due to his apperance in Sonic Maina +. He'd be a brawler, making use of punches and that heavy shell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Vector

Fang and Big have already been submitted so I'll go with my third choice. He would swing his tail, curl into a ring, bite, and perhaps even carry around foes with ring tether. Perhaps we could make the other Chaotix members part of his moveset - like Espio following in camoflague to appear for the occasional attack, or Charmy being part of his recovery.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Front page now has links to content! Also, alt and music voting will close, fighter submissions will close, fighter voting will start, and a discussion period will open, all tomorrow morning. I'll get the post(s) ready for that time.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll go with Espio, who was playable in Sonic the Fighters and debuted in Knuckles Chaotix. Also, he has appeared in other games like Sonic Heroes.
EspioTheChameleonTrophy3DS.png

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Witchcart
62ABE1E2-2DFE-4E4B-9199-3A003590F343.png

Witchcart (AKA Wendy Naugus in Archie Comics) was the main antagonist in Tails’ Skypatrol (1995) on the Game Gear. In the game, she takes over an entire island in her rail cart, causing Tails to stand up and fight the hag without Sonic. Witchcart could drive around the stage in her cart, while throwing small bombs and energy blasts. She could even turn fighters into crystals if she wanted. Witchcart also has three henchmen with their own vehicles (Hocke-Wulf, Bearenger, and Carrottia) and her own army of robots at her disposal.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Voting on Tails alts and Piston Pit songs has closed! Our game will have the Tails alts submitted by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad and my Piston Pit music list! Please vote for Knux alts if you haven't already-we're currently at a draw!

90's fighter submissions have also closed! Your choices are:
90's Fighter - Fang the Sniper / Nack the Weasel (resubmission)
Because you can't keep a good half-jerboa-half-wolf down...
For Sonic's moveset, Pupp's SSF2 inspired set won with only two people voting. I'll add in it and Whisper's once I post this.
90's Fighter: Metal Sonic

A robot built by Dr. Eggman in an effort to give Sonic a taste of his own speed and power, Metal is one of the most beloved characters in the series. His determination to become the one, true Sonic is not unfounded, seeing as he was only created as a copy of something greater than himself. Metal Sonic could very well be a Sonic clone, but I feel he would shine brightest in Champions as his own thing. He would make great use of his claws, chest exhaust, electrical abilities, and speed.
90s Fighter: Chaos 0

View attachment 350265

Yes, that's right, Sonic Adventure was released in 1998. I can't believe it's that old either.

Anyway Chaos is quite frankly a brilliantly designed character.
With insane reach, the potential to utilise his watery flexible body in unique ways and maybe even briefly reach his more powerful forms, Chaos has a lot of interesting potential that we could get creative with. He'd likely fight mostly in his weakest form, Chaos 0, as it's the form people are most familiar with...and is the most bipedal version available too.
View attachment 350284
Mighty the Armadillo
Once fated to obscurity, this guy had a new lease on life due to his apperance in Sonic Maina +. He'd be a brawler, making use of punches and that heavy shell.
Big the Cat
View attachment 350289

what do I even have to say? It's Big the Cat.
Vector

Fang and Big have already been submitted so I'll go with my third choice. He would swing his tail, curl into a ring, bite, and perhaps even carry around foes with ring tether. Perhaps we could make the other Chaotix members part of his moveset - like Espio following in camoflague to appear for the occasional attack, or Charmy being part of his recovery.
Ray the Flying Squirrel

Ray is a yellow flying squirrel,his first appearence is on SegaSonic The Hedgehog and he returns on Sonic Mania,same on Mighty. as a fighter,Ray would be a Lightweight fighter that is strong in the air and useful for combos
I’ll go with Espio, who was playable in Sonic the Fighters and debuted in Knuckles Chaotix. Also, he has appeared in other games like Sonic Heroes.
EspioTheChameleonTrophy3DS.png
Witchcart
View attachment 350356
Witchcart (AKA Wendy Naugus in Archie Comics) was the main antagonist in Tails’ Skypatrol (1995) on the Game Gear. In the game, she takes over an entire island in her rail cart, causing Tails to stand up and fight the hag without Sonic. Witchcart could drive around the stage in her cart, while throwing small bombs and energy blasts. She could even turn fighters into crystals if she wanted. Witchcart also has three henchmen with their own vehicles (Hocke-Wulf, Bearenger, and Carrottia) and her own army of robots at her disposal.
Fang The Sniper, submitted FazDude FazDude
Metal Sonic, submitted Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Chaos 0, submitted YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Mighty The Armadillo @Darkonedagger
Big The Cat Otoad64 Otoad64
Vector The Crocodile Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Ray The Flying Squirrel DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Espio The Chameleon Pupp135 Pupp135
Witchcart evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Vote for your top 3. Ranked voting (first for 3, second for 2, third for 1) is in effect. If you vote for your own submission, you may only put it in third.

D

Deleted member

1. Metal Sonic
2. Fang
3. Espio

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom