• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Our final first-party assists will be Captain Falcon, Kumatora, the Ice Climbers, and Corrin!
  • All retro music will be accepted.
    • On a related note, music-related jobs will continue into our DLC period, as will trophies.
Job 145: Submit up to two third-party Assists!
Please refer to the OP for the list of companies eligble for extra assists.
Job 146: Submit up to three Mii costumes!
Anything goes for this one (sans introducing new companies), since this will be our last batch of base game costumes!

Submissions close tomorrow. Our first DLC job will also be tomorrow, so please tune in!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Third Party Assist 1: BD Joe (Crazy Taxi)

Basically Kapp'n from Ultimate, picking up unwilling passengers and taking them on a trip right to the blast zone. Unlike Kapp'n, he has a habit of making banter during his run, spouting out some dialogue when being summoned, picking up an opponent, and losing one.

Third Party Assist 2: Mega Man

Capcom is seriously lacking in non-Street Fighter representation, so why not have the Blue Bomber join the brawl? Upon summoning, Mega Man fires a charged Mega Buster shot, dealing a considerable amount of damage.

Mii Costumes
  • Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    • Headgear: Eggman's Goggles + Mustache
    • Top: Eggman's Coat
    • Bottom: Eggman's Pants (boots are an overlay)
    • Weapon: Laser Gun (Gunner)
  • Zelda (Legend of Zelda)
    • Headgear: Zelda Wig
    • Top: Zelda's Dress
    • Weapon: Zelda's Magic (Mage)
  • Samus (Metroid)
    • Headgear: Samus' Helmet
    • Top: Power Suit Top
    • Bottom: Power Suit Bottom
    • Shoes: Power Suit Bots
    • Weapon: Arm Cannon (Gunner)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Assist 1: Billy Hatcher
Bill hatch GC.png
There are two things that he’d could do: He’d could be rolling an egg that grows as enemies are damaged. Also, he can summon a helper animal that can help attack enemies.

Assist 2: White Mage
White Mages from Final Fantasy Tactics.
The white mage would heal the user or would give a buff to the fighter.

Outfits
Ike (Fire Emblem)
  • Headgear: Ike Wig
  • Top: Ike shirt and cape
  • Bottom: Ike pants
  • Weapon: Ragnell
White Mage (Final Fantasy)
  • Head, Top, and Bottom: White Mage Rob
  • Weapon: Staff
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  • Headgear: Chun-Li Wig
  • Top: Chun-Li Shirt
  • Bottom: Chun-Li Pants

Job 145:
Knight & Ostrich (Joust)
1685989704383.png
Knight and Ostrich are the main characters of Williams Electronics's 1982 arcade game Joust and it's a knight that rides on an ostrich and fights other knights that ride on birds.

The gameplay of his game is similar to balloon fight (Nintendo), where you have to defeat flying opponents and avoid lava pools.
When the player progresses more in the game, the lava troll's hand rises from the pool, the platforms become destructible and the appearance of pterodactyl.

Knight & Ostrich are considered as one of popular arcade characters from the 1980's (although not as popular as Pac-Man, Centipede or Donkey Kong), but they somehow managed to achieve a place on "Top 100 games of all time" lists.

When summoned as an assist, they would fly around the stage and bash straight at opponents like in their game.
The Assist can be KOable by defeating the knight. If the knight is defeated, the assist ends with Ostrich flying off the stage.

I nominate Ostrich & Knight as an assist, because I think he would be a fun assist and we haven't got any
Also Joust served as an inspiration for Nintendo's Balloon Fight game, which it makes him more sensible choice due to slight connection to Nintendo.

Crono (Chrono Trigger)
1686036115464.png

"Goku confirmed for Smash!?!?"

Crono is main protagonist of Chrono Trigger game and he is a silent protagonist that his personality matches conventional hero archetype and he lives with his mother Truce in present era. He can time travel by his vehicle called "Epoch" and he travels throught random time periods like prehistory to gather his friends like Frog to team up with him to defeat the main evil: Lavos, who wants to destroy the world and timeline.

His game was one of best JRPG games that exist and it's truly a classic that was designed by famous manga creator Akira Toriyama (the authot behind Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball)
(I didn't played Chrono Trigger too much)

Also Crono himself is considered as one of greatest JRPG protagonists of all time.

When summoned, he would teleport into the stage and start to use those following moves:
1. Cleave - Crono makes a high leap and swoops down straight at one of opponents and slashes it down.
2. Cyclone - Crono spins around himself.
3. Wind Slash - Crono slashes once and it shoots out a spark that goes straight. When having contact with the spark, it deals big amount of damage.

Due to his game having a "time-travel" theme, he would reverse the opponent's attack when the enemy player harms the summoner.

He can be KOed.

I nominate Crono as an assist, because Chrono Trigger deserves to be represented in the game, especially as an assist. Plus his ability to reverse opponent's attack seems like a cool idea.

Job 146:
1. Heihachi (Tekken) (Brawler)
Headgear: Heihachi's wig (has a gray colour, referencing the main Tekken games)
Top: Heihachi's outfit (black color)
Bottom: Heihachi pants (black color)

2. Freddy Fazbear (Brawler)
Headgear: Freddy mask (Covers whole mii head)
Top: Freddy torso armor along with arms
Bottom: Freddy bottom armor
Shoes: Freddy feet
Gloves: Freddy Gloves (On the hand, he holds a microphone)

3. Kerrigan (Starcraft) (Gunner)
Headgear: Kerrigan's hair & face paint (makes the mii's face look purple)
Top gear: Kerrigan's top and wings
Bottom gear: Kerrigan's pants
Shoes: Kerrigan's shoes
Gun: C20-A Rifle

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
There won't be any new jobs today, because I wanna talk a bit more about DLC before we dive into it.

As previously established, we'll be adopting a DLC format similar to Smash 4. If we do this conservatively, this means that we will have (in chronological order):
  1. Pre-Order Fighter (first party)
  2. Post-Launch Free Stage
  3. Post-Launch Paid Stage
  4. Third-Party Pack 1 (Fighter + Stage + Assist + Mii Costumes)
  5. First-Party Fighter 2 (+ Mii Costumes)
  6. Three Solo Stages
  7. Third-Party Pack 2 (Fighter + Stage + Assist + Mii Costumes)
  8. First-Party Fighter 3 (+ Mii Costumes)
  9. Three Solo Stages
  10. Third-Party Pack 3 (Fighter + Stage + Assist + Mii Costumes)
This is just a WIP layout, though - I want to hear from you. Is this a good way to line up our DLC content, or is there something you want tweaked/added/removed? We won't be able to smoothly transition into a completely different format after we do our free stage, so please let me know!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Submissions are closed!
There won't be any new jobs today, because I wanna talk a bit more about DLC before we dive into it.

As previously established, we'll be adopting a DLC format similar to Smash 4. If we do this conservatively, this means that we will have (in chronological order):
  1. Pre-Order Fighter (first party)
  2. Post-Launch Free Stage
  3. Post-Launch Paid Stage
  4. Third-Party Pack 1 (Fighter + Stage + Assist + Mii Costumes)
  5. First-Party Fighter 2 (+ Mii Costumes)
  6. Three Solo Stages
  7. Third-Party Pack 2 (Fighter + Stage + Assist + Mii Costumes)
  8. First-Party Fighter 3 (+ Mii Costumes)
  9. Three Solo Stages
  10. Third-Party Pack 3 (Fighter + Stage + Assist + Mii Costumes)
This is just a WIP layout, though - I want to hear from you. Is this a good way to line up our DLC content, or is there something you want tweaked/added/removed? We won't be able to smoothly transition into a completely different format after we do our free stage, so please let me know!
Any reason were not doing Ultimate's DLC format, also are we also doing DLC Assists and Enemies for Smash'nGrab

FazDude

Smash Master
Any reason were not doing Ultimate's DLC format, also are we also doing DLC Assists and Enemies for Smash'nGrab
We did a discussion on how to handle DLC earlier on, and most people seemed to be okay with the idea of the Smash 4 format. As for DLC Assists/Enemies, the former is a guarantee; Enemies could be done, but I have one more base-game job planned for them.
I think that's a good DLC line up. Also I have a question:
Are we going to cover fighter's themes like in DLC period of "Allstar strife"?
Yeah, fighter themes will be a part of it, but they will be downplayed in comparison to All-Star Strife; Themes will really only come into play when we do DLC Mii Costumes.

We did a discussion on how to handle DLC earlier on, and most people seemed to be okay with the idea of the Smash 4 format. As for DLC Assists/Enemies, the former is a guarantee; Enemies could be done, but I have one more base-game job planned for them.

Yeah, fighter themes will be a part of it, but they will be downplayed in comparison to All-Star Strife; Themes will really only come into play when we do DLC Mii Costumes.
Thanks for the answer. But what about DLC modes?

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting for our third-party assists is closed! Our final base-game assists will be White Mage, Mega Man, Knight & Ostrich, and BD Joe!

That means that without any further ado, it is finally time to begin our DLC campaign!

Job 147: Submit a Nintendo character to serve as a pre-order bonus!
Similarly to Mewtwo and Piranha Plant in past Smash games, this character will be free to people who pre-order the game before becoming purchasable by everyone later on.

The only requirement is that the fighter must be a Nintendo character; They can be from past Smash games, an assist from this game (meaning that characters like Waluigi and Ridley are eligble), or someone who's never been playable before. Getting a character in as a pre-order bonus will not deconfirm their series for future content, but this will not be the case with future fighters. Also note that said fighter will not come with anything extra.

Job 148: Submit a stage to serve as a free content update!
Like Small Battlefield from Ultimate, this will be a free stage given to all players some time after launch. Unlike the fighter, any of our third-parties can recieve a stage, but any franchise represented in this manner will be deconfirmed from future content. Linking your stage to your fighter from Job 147 is not recommended, but I won't veto any stage that does this. Please include 1-8 music tracks.

Submissions close tomorrow - I'm excited to see what everyone submits!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #147: Pre-order character
DeMille (Tomato Adventure)
View attachment 371276
DeMille’s special moves would have 3-second charges where the attack does normal damage if you just tap B or let go before it says “GO!”. If you let go of B when it says “GO!”, your special moves deal more damage. If you hold B for too long, DeMille’s special backfires on him.

D

Deleted member

Sandbag
How do we one-up the plant? By making an actual object playable. We'd need to get creative with its moveset, but we could make heavy use of the bat and other smash items. This would also be a smash original character which could be a cool twist

Attachments

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I changed my mind, and I’ll go with Ice Climbers for this as the double team gimmick is a goal idea.
Ice Climbers' sprites from Ice Climber.
For stages, I’ll go with the Waiting Room.

SSB4OnlinePractice Empty.jpg

Songs
Online Practice Stage (Brawl)
Practice Fights (Ultimate)
Brawl Menu Theme

Last edited:
Job 147:
Garchomp (Pokemon)
1686153339247.png
Garchomp is a pokemon from generation 4 and originates from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl video game (the 4th core entry of Pokemon games) and it's a final evolution of Gible and Gabite. Garchomp is based on hammerhead sharks, dinosaurs (specifically Carcharodontosaurus) and bit of fighter jets and it's mega evolution is based on typical depiction of grim reaper due to it's "scythe" fins.
Despite being introduced in Sinnoh (a region based on Hoikkaido, one of islands from Japan), he actually comes from different region (yes, according to Gible's pokedex entry it says that it's home is hotter than Alola).

Garchomp is considered as one of popular pokemon among pokemon community due to being infamous for being Cynthia's strongest pokemon that made many players lose to her. Garchomp also made a lot of appearances in Pokemon games (his recent appearance was in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet).

For it's moveset, Garchomp would use a lot of dragon-type moves and ground-type moves. Heck, we also could give him original attacks (maybe a shark-like bite or fin slash) for creative liberties. Also bit of non dragon/ground-type moves could appear in Garchomp's moveset.
His final smash would be his transformation to mega Garchomp and it would be temporal transformation like Super Sonic in Smash Brawl/4.

Overall, he would be heavyweight rushdown fighter with no additionial movement options.

I nominate Garchomp as pre-order fighter, because the playable pokemon in our game are from Gen 1 and we haven't got any playable pokemon after Gen 1. Also we also haven't got a pseudo-legendary pokemon in smash history and adding Garchomp would fix the "issue".
Plus, it's moveset would be fun as one of potential down special would be dig (he would go underground and jump out from the ground in the manner of Bruce the shark from Jaws movie) or even breath fire like Bowser.

Oh, It's also one of my favorite pokemon from Gen 4.

Job 148:
Onett (Earthbound)
1686154976823.png
A returning stage from past smash games and based on Onett from Earthbound game. Onett is a home town of Ness and it's located in Eagleland (which is based on USA).

The layout of the stage is the same, but there is an additional building on the left of the stage, next to the road that divides the new building and the yellow building. The cars (including Runaway five van) also return as stage hazards.

The cameos from Earthbound games are Paula, Jeff or a random enemy from the game like Master Belch. They appear in background, doing their business.

I nominate the Onett stage, because Ness doesn't have his home stage in the game and Onett would be perfect choice for it.

Song list:
1. Pollyanna (I believe in you) - Earthbound Beginnings/MOTHER (NES)
2. Mt. Itoi - MOTHER/Earthbound Beginnings (NES)
3. All that I needed (was you) - MOTHER/Earthbound Beginnings (NES)
4. Battle againts a machine - Earthbound (SNES)
5. Smiles and Tears - Earthbound/Smash remix
6. Battle against a weird opponent - Earthbound (SNES)
7. Love theme - MOTHER 3 (GBA)
8. Battle against Masked Man - Mother 3 (GBA)

Attachments

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1686163693900.png

Virtual Boy
We should have the most out there character choices saved for DLC, and Virtual Boy as a playable character is possibly the most out there choice of all time. It allows us to reference both gaming history with bad peripherals as well as reference the virtual boy's library, it also makes virtual boy games more likely to be masterpieces.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!

Please vote for your top four fighters...
  • DeMille (Tomato Adventure) (Perkilator)
  • Mach Rider (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Sandbag (Super Smash Bros.) (DarkVortex)
  • Ice Climbers (Pupp135)
  • Garchomp (Pokemon) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Virtual Boy (Glubbfubb)
  • Captain Falcon (F-Zero) (FazDude)
  • Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) (Northsouthmap)
...and vote here for the stage!

Job 149: Submit up to five trophies for the Pokemon franchise!
Okay, this one's gonna be complicated, since a LOT of characters will be made into trophies by default. This includes Pikachu, Mewtwo, the Poke Ball, the Master Ball, and ALL Poke Ball Pokemon. Due to this unique circumstance, here's all of them.
  • Gen 1
    • Abra
    • Ditto
    • Eevee
    • Electrode
    • Goldeen
    • Jynx
    • Meowth
    • Mew
    • Moltres
    • Snorlax
    • Staryu
    • Togepi
    • Vulpix
  • Gen 2
    • Bellossom
    • Entei
    • Lugia
    • Scizor
    • Suicune
  • Gen 3
    • Deoxys
    • Gardevoir
    • Kyogre
    • Latias & Latios
    • Metagross
  • Gen 4
    • Abomasnow
    • Arceus
    • Darkrai
    • Giratina
    • Palkia
  • Gen 5
  • Gen 6
    • Chespin
    • Dedenne
    • Fennekin
    • Fletchling
    • Gogoat
    • Inkay
    • Spewpa
    • Swirlix
    • Xerneas
  • Gen 7
    • Bewear
    • Crabrawler
    • Alohan Exeggutor
    • Lunala
    • Marshadow
    • Mimikyu
    • Pallosand
    • Pyukumuku
    • Alolan Raichu
    • Solgaleo
    • Tapu Koko
    • Togedemaru
    • Alolan Vulpix
  • Gen 8
  • Gen 9
Everyone else (including humans and anime characters) should be fair game. Please include pictures of each!

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  1. Captain Falcon - 22
  2. Little Mac - 14
  3. Sandbag - 9
  4. Garchomp - 6
  5. Mach Rider - 5
  6. Ice Climber - 4
Get ready to show me your moves - Captain Falcon is punching his way back onto the roster as our first DLC fighter!

In addition, Onett will be a free stage for all players, finally giving Ness a home stage!

Tankman's Pokemon trophies will be added.

Job 150: Submit a moveset for Captain Falcon!
His Ultimate moveset will be an option by default. If I'm being honest, I don't expect any changes to be submitted, but if you'd like to make any changes, now's the time!

Job 151: Submit up to two new enemies for Smash n' Grab!
This will be our final job for enemies, so make sure to get some in!

Job 151:
Smick (Gyromite)
1686324246752.png
Smick is a "bug" from puzzle game Gyromite and it's a bird-like enemy that bites the player when near.

In the game, Smick would walk around and bite the players. You can defeat it by grabbing it from back and throwing at something (like ground or enemy).

Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)
1686324706408.png
Jack Frost is one of enemies from Atlus's RPG series Shin Megami Tensei and it's one of races of demons that appear throughout the series.
Jack Frost is based on Jack Frost - a spirit from english folklore that is embodiment of winter, ice and snow.

It's also considered as mascot of the franchise itself.

In the game, he would use his freezing attacks on opponents.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1686330570125.png

Snover
Pokemon
A small enemy with a big punch, it can make powerful swinging punches with Wood Hammer, create a freezing mist with Powder Snow, and create a strong damaging wind attack with Blizzard, Snover hates fire.

1686330655741.png

Horriblin
The Legend of Zelda
These monsters cling onto walls and ceilings and wield long pointy staffs as weapons, they attack from a distance and use their staffs to keep you away from their hiding spot, they have medium health and defenses so their quite tanky as well, a strong projectile or arrow attack can dislodge them from their hiding spot and stun them.

Attachments

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! Captain Falcon will use his Smash Ultimate moveset, while all enemies will be accepted.

Job 150: Submit twelve alts for Captain Falcon!

Job 151: Submit up to four music tracks for the Pokemon franchise!

Music from spinoff games and the anime are allowed. The following tracks are already included with Pokemon Colosseum, so please don't submit them:
  • Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow Theme
  • Battle: Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
  • Gym Battle: Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
  • Indigo Plateau
  • Vs. Red
  • Victory Road: Ruby/Sapphire
  • Battle: Diamond/Pearl

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! My Falcon costumes will be used, as will Tankman's Pokemon music.

Job 152: Submit animations for Captain Falcon!

Job 153: Submit a handheld Masterpiece!

Please submit a masterpiece from any handheld game (GBA or older) developed by one of our participating companies. Aside from Nintendo consoles, I'll also allow Sega Game Gear titles.

Last edited:
Job 153:
Super Mario Land (Gameboy - 1989)
1686584679022.png
Super Mario Land is a platform video game made by Nintendo in 1989 for Game Boy console and it's about Mario - an iconic plumber who travels to Sarasaland to save princess Daisy from Tatanga. Mario must traverse through 4 worlds in order to save her.

You start from first level of the game.

Since SML is one of best selling games, I think it would make sense to include it in the game. Also it's an obvious choice for the masterpiece.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 153: Advance Wars

images.jpeg

Advance Wars is a turn-based strategy game made by Inteligent Systems and Nintendo and released on 2001,in this game,the player controls tanks,helicopters and soldiers on a battlefield.

Top Bottom