• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

1. Steve
2. Yorgle
3. Bomberman
4. Opa-Opa
5. Rabbids
6. Marco Rossi

Masterpiece submission:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64 - 1998)
1685202511625.png
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a action-adventure video game made by Nintendo on Nintendo 64 back in 1997 and it's about Link, a Hyrulian who is on the quest to stop the evil king Ganondorf, by traveling through time and navigating dungeons and an overworld.
The game introduced features such as a target-lock system and context-sensitive buttons that have since become common in 3D adventure games.

As a masterpiece in this game, it starts from beginning of the "Inside the great Deku tree" level and ends on the end of the level.

I feel that it would make sense to include Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time masterpiece, since it was considered as one of the greatest zelda games of all time. Plus it was a first 3D Zelda game ever made and many people know about this game to this day.
(Heck, this game has the highest scoring on Metacritic website)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • All music and Masterpieces will be accepted.
  • Our next six assists will be Simon Belmont, Scorpion, Yorgle, Creeper, Bomberman, and Opa Opa!
  • This also means that Konami, WB Games, Atari, and Microsoft are joining our third-party lineup! This will be important for our eventual DLC, but for now...
Job 135: Submit up to three Mii Costumes based on a Konami, WB Games, Atari, or Microsoft-owned character!
I will allow Windows-related content for Microsoft.

Job 136: Submit animations for Ken and/or Peppino!

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Bubsy mask
  2. ! Shirt
  3. Bubsy feet
  4. Bubsy tail (i'm not calling it "bubsy bottom", even if that is more accurate to what I'm envisioning)
  5. Bubsy claws
Is this correct?
You could merge the shirt and claws into one top if you want, but it's not mandatory and it's otherwise good to go!

Job 135:
Ninja (Mortal Kombat) (Brawler)
Headgear:
Ninja mask
Top gear: Ninja top
Bottom gear: Ninja pants
Shoes: Ninja boots
Gloves: Ninja gloves
(The costume he multiple colors, depending on me)

Solid Snake (Brawler/Gunner)
Headgear:
Snake's wig and headband
Top gear: Snake's outfit
Bottom: Snake's pants
Shoes: Snake's boots
Gun: Grenade Launcher (Reference to Snake's Brawl final smash)

Steve (Minecraft) (Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner)
Headgear:
Steve Mask (Covers whole mii head)
Top gear: Steve torso
Bottom: Steve pants & legs
Shoes: Steve shoes
Gun: Crossbow (Rendered like in minecraft)
Fists: Blocky hands
Sword: Diamond sword

FazDude

Smash Master
Mii Costumes
  • Bomberman (multiple colors)
    • Head: Bomberman Mask
    • Top: Bomberman Top
    • Bottom: Bomberman Bottoms
    • Shoes: Bomberman Shoes
    • Brawler Gloves: Bomberman Gloves
  • Reindog (Multiversus; WB Games)
    • Head: Reindog Mask
    • Top: Reindog Top
    • Bottom: Reindog Legs
    • Shoes: Reindog Hind Paws
    • Brawler Globs: Reindog Front Paws
  • Master Chief (Halo; use other colors for Spartans)
    • Head: Master Chief Helmet
    • Top: Master Chief Armor
    • Bottoms: Master Chief Legs
    • Shoes: Master Chief Boots
    • Swordfighter Weapon: Energy Sword
    • Gunner Weapon: Plasma Rifle
Peppino Animations
  • Intro: Peppino falls out of a Lap 2 Portal, gasping in fear upon seeing the competition.
  • Taunts
    • Peppino spins around before raising his fists into the air with a cheer.
    • Peppino screams out of fear. When Peppino is above 100%, the voice clip changes to a scream of rage.
    • Peppino strikes a series of taunts, ala that one Luigi taunt.
    • Peppino pulls out a cane and does a little dance.
  • Victory Animations
    • Peppino is seen with his back turned to the camera, only to turn around and give a thumbs-up with a grin. This resembles his A-Rank animation.
    • Peppino is seen fighting off a small horde of enemies from Pizza Tower, ending with Peppino stuffing a Cheeseslime into a pizza box and throwing it at the camera. He then glares at the camera with his arms folded.
    • Peppino is seen running out of a tower, slamming the door behind him and covering it with his body while breathing heavily.

D

Deleted member

Raiden (Mortal Kombat)
  • Head: Raiden Hat
  • Top: Raiden Top
  • Bottom: Raiden Bottoms
  • Shoes: Raiden Sandals
  • Brawler Gloves: Raiden Gloves (with electricity effect)
Battletoad (Comes in three different colours)
  • Head: Battletoad Mask
  • Top: Battletoad Chest
  • Bottom: Battletoad Legs
  • Shoes: Battletoad Feet
  • Brawler Gloves: Battletoad Fists

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Peppino animations will be used, while Ken's will be reused from Ultimate. This means we are finally done with our game's core roster!
  • All Mii costumes will also be accepted.
Job 137: Submt up to five trophies from retro Nintendo games!
I'm combining the jobs for Sukapon and F-Type's trophies into one listing since I can't see them getting much traction on their own. I'm also opening the floor to any character from an N64-or-earlier game that isn't part of a larger franchise (as well as G&W as a whole) - Characters like Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch would be allowed, for instance. I'll also allow non-video game stuff Nintendo's made.

Sukapon, F-Type, Duck Hunt, Excitebiker, Bubbles, Captain N, Monty Mole, Balloon Fighter, and Lip will all be made into trophies by default.

Discussion: How should DLC be handled?
Since we're finished working on the base roster (aside from a few more Mii Costume jobs), I want to start thinking about how DLC will go. Right now, I'm considering a Fighter's Pass system similar to Ultimate, with each slot being either for a first-party or third-party rep (with the latter being split between old and new companies). However, I also want to introduce more standalone content like Piranha Plant - New stages, cosmetic packs, things like that.

Of course, though, I want to hear your ideas. What do you want out of Smash from Scratch's DLC?

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For DLC, I think that having it like SSBFor could work well as it was a combination of ”Challenger Passes” (character+stage) and standalone fighters. Also, there were standalone stages added as SSBFor DLC.

e.g. Peach or Zelda could return as a standalone fighter, Saffron City could be a standalone stage, and Bomberman could have his own stage and music

FazDude

Smash Master
All trophies will be accepted! As for DLC, it appears that a Smash 4-style system is the most popular one, so we will be using that when we get to DLC. For now, though...

Job 138: Submit up to two mini-bosses for Smash'n'Grab!
These enemies shouldn't be as tough as a regular boss, but should be tougher than our usual enemy. Any character from Nintendo or a collaborating third-party will be accepted!

Job 139: Submit up to three minigames for Super Smash Carnival!
These minigames don't have to use Smash gameplay; Think of them like minigames from Mario Party! While generic concepts are allowed and encouraged, games based on Nintendo or collaborating third-parties (including those not represented elsewhere) are also allowed!

As a side note, said collaborating third-parties will be listed on the OP for your convenience!

Mini bosses:
Boom-Boom (Super Mario)
1685634141007.png
Boom Boom is one of villainous characters in Super Mario Bros video game series and he is a koopa who acts as Bowser's helper.
He is a miniboss that appears in most Mario games.

In this game, he is a miniboss and he runs & spins around in deadly manner. Also when you beat him up for little, he hides in shell and slides across the ground like a koopa shell.. He also punches as his second attack.
When he gets defeated, he falls down like in Mario series.

Super Smash Carnival:
Smash Bash
1685636153800.png
1685636225585.png
This minigame is similar to StreetSmash and Bumper Balls from Mario Party games. It would be fun idea for a minigame.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Guardian
This robotic beast will activate and walk across the stage, firing off lasers. It takes a good amount of hits to go down.

Fall_Guys___Pre_Alpha_Screen_3.0.jpeg

Obstacle Course
Fighters race across an obstacle course in order to get the best time. You can attack your foe to keep them behind.

zlCfzSPk7xwoE8XJDq.jpg

Target Smash
Try and knock down all the targets with your attacks. Highest score wjns.

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm a day late, but submissions are closed now! All submissions will be added.

Job 141: Submit a map for Smash n' Grab!
Please provide an image and brief description. No additional Super Mario, Donkey Kong, or Pokemon maps will be allowed - I'll allow Mii-themed maps as long as they are not directly inspired by any Mii Maker.

Job 142: Submit up to two Nintendo assists!
This is the peniultimate assist job (until DLC, anyway), so make sure to get your favorites in! We will be adding six from this job.

Submissions close tomorrow!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
SMG Stage: Hyrule Temple

One of the most iconic Melee stages makes its return! While much larger than its original form, the original layout of the stage is preserved somewhere in the map. With plenty of tunnels to navigate through, it'll really feel like an adventure!

Nintendo Assist 1: Captain Falcon

Is it really a Smash without the good ol' Captain? When summoned, he appears next to the summoner and performs his infamous Falcon Punch.
I expect Captain Falcon to be a popular pick with our first DLC job, but I'm making him an assist for now just in case.

Smash n Grab map:
Great cave offensive (Kirby series)
1685734746143.png
Great cave offensive is a gamemode that appears in Kirby Super Star and it's remake Kirby Super Star Ultra and it takes place inside the Planet Popstar's depths (just like in Jules Verne's "Journey to the center of the earth" book) and Kirby needs to collect all the treasures, beat all bosses and escape the cave/depths of Planet Popstar.

The map from previous smash games is back, but it's 2 times larger to fit the gamemode of "Smash from Scratch".

Nintendo assist:
Number 1:

Kumatora (MOTHER)
1685732705752.png
Kumatora is one of major characters from MOTHER 3 game and she is a tomboy who uses PSI powers to fight enemies alongside Lucas and Duster.
She was raised by magypsy known as Ionia according to the game's story.

When summoned, Kumatora would use those following PSI attacks:
1. PSI fire - Kumatora points out at the opponent and she fires a flamey projectile at opponent. Just like Ness's PK Fire, but with an effect taken from actual MOTHER 3 game.
2. PSI ground - Kumatora violently puts down her hands on the ground in "Fullmetal alchemist" style and causes the whole stage to shake (even the platforms shake too). It has the same effect as Metagross's earthquake attack.
3. PSI freeze - She fires a snowflake projectile at opponents. When touched, it explodes like in home game and it freezes the opponent for while.
4. PSI thunder - She summons a thunderbolt and strikes at the random opponent like in Mother 3. It deals the same damage as Pikachu's thunderbolt.
(Originally, I planned her to stomp on the ground when using the "PSI ground" move, but I felt that it would look odd, so I went with her touching the ground violently like Edward using alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist)

I went with Kumatora as an assist, because I feel that Mother series doesn't have any assists and Kumatora would be great assist character for the game.

Number 2:
Corrin (Fire Emblem)
1685732597152.png

(I went with female version because it's more popular than male version according to my knowledge)
Corrin is the main protagonist of Fire Emblem Fates, which was released in 2015 for Nintendo 3DS. She/He is a human/dragon hybrid who needs to stop the conflict between their surrogate homes: Hoshido and Nohr.

She also appeared in other FE games like Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia as an illusionary ally when Corrin amiibo was activated, FE Heroes (the mobile game), FE Warriors as playable character and FE Engage as one of Emblems (Ethereal clones of heroes from the past games which they are activated by a specific rings).

When summoned, Corrin would run around the stage and slash the opponents down. She would also turn her left hand into dragon mouth and shoot out the water ball at opponents (it would deal water damage and it can be reflected or absorbed).
Oh, she would occasionally use the "Dragon lunge" move that looks similar to her side special in previous smash games.

I nominate Corrin as an assist because FE Fates wasn't represented in the game and Corrin would represent the entry of the series. Plus she would be a fun assist in the game.

pikachu9999

Banned via Warnings
Warning Issued
CHRIS HANSEN Catches the Battle!

NEUTRAL SPECIAL - Seat Offer
SIDE SPECIAL - Chat Logs
UP SPECIAL - Police Helicopter
DOWN SPECIAL - Decoy
FINAL SMASH - Prison Beatdown

D

Deleted member

Lucas
Lucas will rain down a PK Starstorm onto his opponents, basicly doing his final smash from real smash.

Pyra
Pyra will dash across the stage, attacking with her sword, delivering a few strikes before performing a large slash, posing and then disappearing

FazDude

Smash Master
I’ll go with Ice Climbers and Ike. They would use their special moves and forward smashes as attacks.
Ice Climbers' sprites from Ice Climber.' sprites from Ice Climber.
FEPR Ike 02.png
Moray Towers (Splatoon)

The same map, but from one end to the other in 2D.

Squid Sisters (Splatoon)
View attachment 372909
Act like their assist trophy in Ultimate.

Lucas
Lucas will rain down a PK Starstorm onto his opponents, basicly doing his final smash from real smash.

Pyra
Pyra will dash across the stage, attacking with her sword, delivering a few strikes before performing a large slash, posing and then disappearing
Okay, so I kinda screwed up with this big time, but we already voted in Ike, the Squid Sisters, and Pyra (as part of Rex’s assist) and I forgot to add them to the OP. This one’s entirely on me, so sorry.

I’ll extend these jobs through tomorrow so any alternate submissions can be made.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Assuming Peach and Zelda will be DLC, I’ll replace Ike with Robin/Chrom duo (is this allowed since Kat and Ana were one assist in Brawl?) who would use the Pair Up final smash.
Artwork of Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo, a Duo Hero of which Robin is a part, from Heroes.
If that is not allowed, I’ll just go with solo Robin using special moves and forward special.
via

FazDude

Smash Master
Assuming Peach and Zelda will be DLC, I’ll replace Ike with Robin/Chrom duo (is this allowed since Kat and Ana were one assist in Brawl?) who would use the Pair Up final smash.
Artwork of Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo, a Duo Hero of which Robin is a part, from Heroes.
If that is not allowed, I’ll just go with solo Robin using special moves and forward special.
via
I’ll allow Robin/Chrom as a duo!

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • All maps will be accepted.
  • Please vote for your top four assists:
    • Captain Falcon (F-Zero) (FazDude)
    • Kumatora (Mother) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Corrin (Fire Emblem) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Ice Climbers (Pupp135)
    • Lucas (Mother) (DarkVortex)
    • Robin/Chrom (Fire Emblem) (Pupp135)
    • Helix (ARMS) (Northsouthmap)
Job 143: Submit up to four music tracks from retro Nintendo games!
Much like our trophy job, the focus for these should be few-installment, N64-or-earlier titles like Duck Hunt or the ROB games. Game & Watch music, including the Game & Watch Gallery series, will also be accepted.

Discussion: Are we ready for DLC?
With most of the substantial content (fighters, stages, etc.) done, I feel that we are ready to start the DLC process. However, I would like to propose we work on smaller base game content (Masterpieces, trophies, etc.) alongside the DLC; That way, if someone is not interested in our current DLC content, they can still contribute to the thread if they so choose. What do people think about this strategy?

Submissions close tomorrow!

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Falcon PAWNCH
2. Icies
3. Lucas
4. Robin/Chrom

I’m fine with starting DLC. The only thing I’d like to see developed more is the story mode, but that can be expanded during DLC.

Top Bottom