• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Bowser alts will be used by default. I will also handle the Inkling replacement alts - These will be edited into my original Inkling alt post.
  • Dr. Eggman and Marx will be two of our three bosses added this round! Please vote in the tiebreaker of Calamity Ganon vs. Andross here: https://strawpoll.com/polls/xVg7jQKlKnr
Job 62: Submit details about Dr. Eggman's boss fight!
Since the original submission was left vague, I'll do a job to get into the specifics. Please submit what Dr. Eggman would pilot in his fight, as well as some of his attacks.

Job 63: Submit additional music for the Legend of Zelda franchise!
Please submit up to four Zelda music tracks. Originals, past Smash arrangements, and fan remixes are all welcome!

Submissions close at noon tomorrow!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
Job 64: Submit an assist from the N64!
Any character who debuted in a Nintendo 64 game can be submitted for this job.

Job 65: Submit a moveset for Luigi, Sami, and/or Ryu!
Keep in mind that Luigi is designed as a Mario clone; His specials can differ from those of Mario, but do try and be reasonable.

Submissions close tomrorow at noon!

N64 assist character:
Ryota Hayomi (Wave Race)
1679759939623.png
Ryota Hayomi is one of playable characters and face of Wave Race video game series made by Nintendo. He is depicted as "all-around" character in the game.

When summoned, he would dash straight at the opponent and even jump occasionally.
He can go in left or right direction if launched by player.
He would also turn the stage's ground into water, making all enemy fighter slowed down.

I think Wave Race should be represented in smash, since this game is credited with helping Nintendo effectively make its paradigmatic leap from the 16-bit 2D graphics of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System to the Nintendo 64's 3D capabilities, making the game as one of Nintendo's milestones in their history.

FazDude

Smash Master
Luigi Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Fireball
  • Side Special: Poltergust G-00
    • The suction part of K. Rool's Neutral B from Ultimate as its own move.
  • Up Special: Super Jump Punch
  • Down Special: Luigi Tornado
  • Final Smash: Poltergust Panic
    • Luigi's Final Smash from 4-Ult.
Ryu Moveset
Just a straight-forward port from 4.
  • Neutral Special: Hadoken
  • Side Special: Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
  • Up Special: Shoryuken
  • Down Special: Focus Attack
  • Final Smash: Shin Shoryuken / Shinku Hadoken

N64 Assist: Adeleine (Kirby)

When summoned, Adeleine will paint one of three Kirby enemies; Kracko flies around and uses Beam Whip, Ice Dragon uses Icy Wind to blow/freeze opponents, and Waiu throws a series of Cutter projectiles.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • By removing my vote for Big Arms, the Death Egg Robot will be Dr. Eggman's weapon of choice!
  • My Luigi and Ryu moveset submissions win by default. Sami's will remain open through today.
  • Please vote for your top three N64 assists!
    • Ryota Hayomi (Wave Race) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda) (Pupp135)
    • King Bob-Omb (Super Mario) (Qwerty UIOP)
    • Chunky Kong (Donkey Kong) (Northsouthmap)
    • Adeleine (Kirby) (FazDude)
    • Tingle (Legend of Zelda) (DarkVortex)
Job 65 (cont.): Submit a moveset for Sami!

Job 66: Submit animations for Bowser, Raven Beak, and/or Sukapon!

Please submit a stage entrance, four taunts, and three victory animations for each character you choose to do.

Job 67: Submit up to two returning items from past Smash games!
You can find a list of eligible items here - Note that the Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Super Star, Deku Nut, Star Rod, Unira, and Lip's Stick have already been added to the item lineup. You are welcome to change an item's functionality entirely, but the item must have appeared in a previous Smash game.

Submissions close tomorrow around noon - Be sure to be there for a particularly interesting fighter job!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Adeline
2. Ryota
3. Skull Kid

I’ll nominate Heart Container.

Since we can nominate 2, I’ll also go with the Pitfall.
The Pitfall as it appears in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Ryota
  2. Adeleine
  3. Chunky
Bowser Animations
  • Entrance
    • Bowser flies in on the Koopa Clown Car, jumping out of it with a powerful stomp.
  • Taunts
    • Up: Bowser roars to the sky.
    • Left: Bowser steps back, briefly losing his balance as a spiritual successor to his old "balancing" taunt.
    • Right: Bowser pounds his fist into his palm as smoke billows out of his nostils.
    • Down: Bowser folds his arms and chuckles.
  • Victory Animations
    • Bowser spews fire into the air before posing with his claw extended to the camera.
    • Bowser roars in triumph before grabbing the camera and wagging his finger.
    • Bowser raises a fist into the air before crouching down and posing with his arm on display.

Sukapon Animations
  • Entrance
    • A spotlight shines on a statis tube, with Sukapon bursting out and performing a brief jig before entering his battle stance.
  • Taunts
    • Sukapon dances indefinetly.
    • Sukapon spins in place before posing.
    • Sukapon spins his head on his hand.
    • Sukapon briefly falls apart before reforming himself.
  • Victory Animations
    • Sukapon is seen dancing on a stage, with roses and applause being thrown his way.
    • Sukapon performs his victory dance from Joy Mech Fight.
    • Ermin gives Sukapon a pat on the back for a job well done.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Adeleine, Ryoto Hayomi, and Chunky Kong will be our next three assists!
  • I will handle Sami's moveset later on today.
  • My Bowser and Sukapon animations win by default. Raven Beak's will remain open through today.
  • Please vote for your top four returning items:
    • Heart Container (Legend of Zelda) (Pupp135)
    • Pitfall (Animal Crossing) (Pupp135)
    • Green Shell (Super Mario) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Smart Bomb (Star Fox) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • PokeBall (Pokemon) (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Maxim Tomato (Kirby) (Northsouthmap)
    • Screw Attack (Metroid) (Northsouthmap)

Job 67: Submit a fighter who hails from an indie game!

(Art by ItsStephJM!)

It's time to finally give some indie fighters some love! Please submit a fighter who debuted in an indie title. To make things less vague, I am limiting this job to games that are currently indie with publishers who haven't been bought by larger entities; This makes fighters such as Minecraft Steve and Crazy Dave ineligble for this job.

Job 67: Submit a stage from a Wii U or 3DS game!

In memoriam of the Wii U and 3DS' eShops closing later today, please submit a stage from a game hailing from it. For this occasion, I'll be allowing any Sega, Capcom, Namco, Square Enix, or Activision game that debuted on either console - You could submit a Sonic Lost World stage, for instance.

Submissions close tomorrow around noon.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 67: Peppino (Pizza Tower)
maxresdefault (14).jpg

Pizza Tower's gotten pretty popular and it would be really fun to see this anxious Italian join the battle.
(He has lots of moveset potential)

Stage: Nintendoland (Wii U)
nintendo_land_wii_u_1000.0.jpg

The fighters fight on the flying train that takes them though each of the attractions with Monita, in order are:
  • Zelda Battle Quest = Travelling through Hyrule with enemies invading and attack the fighters
  • Metroid Blast = Flying around with the Gunship shooting at enemies (Ridley and Kraid appear)
  • Pikmin Adventure = Exploring the wilds with the creatures, some peaceful and other aggressive attack the train
  • Mario Chase = Watching Miis dressed as Toads and Yoshis chasing Mario
  • Ghost Mansion = Speeding through the mansion hallways with ghosts floating around
  • Sweet Day = Animals and Cops chase each other over candy
  • Ninja Castle = Travelling through the bamboo forests with Ninjas leaping out
  • Donkey Kong's Crash Course = Going fast on girders watching trolleys crash and fail
  • C. Falcon's Twister Race = Zooming at high speed with the Blue Falcon in a futuristic setting
  • Balloon Trip Breeze = Flying above the sea with Miis floating on balloons and sometimes stormy weather
  • Fruit Cart = A peaceful place with Yoshis roaming around eating fruit
  • Octopus Dance = Going under the sea with a huge octopus attacking the train
Edit: Added a Stage

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I just realized that the stage job is pretty much a repeat of one we did earlier in the thread. I’m not going to change it due to third party stages being allowed this time, but if you want to resubmit any stages from the previous time we did it, that should be fine!

Indie fighter submission:
Shovel Knight
1679932919389.png
Shovel Knight is the main protagonist of eponymous indie platformer game series made by Yacht Club games in 2014 and he is a blue armor-wearing knight whose weapon is a shovel (yes, really) that he attacks enemies that he encounters during his journey. His motive is to defeat Enchantress and Order of no quarter in "Shovel of hope" campaign and he has also other motives in other campaign modes.

Shovel Knight is considered as one of most popular indie game characters who hailed from one of the "greatest games of all time" and he is not afraid of crossovers, plus he appeared in smash before as an assist trophy character.

His moveset would be inspired by his moves from the games like his iconic shovel attack or even use items from his games. His final smash could be where he summons Shield knight to finish the opponents along with Shovel knight.
He would be middleweight all around fighter with no additional movement options.

I feel he is totally sensible pick for smash since his games were tributes to NES era games like LoZ2: The adventure of Link and Castlevania, which those games were big during the era. Plus, he has a cool moveset potential and he would bring music from his games to smash.

Attachments

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 67:Shantae

images.png

Shantae is the eponymous main protagonist from a platform game series,she is a half-genie guardian of a little city called scuttle town and she stops the plans of the lady pirate called Risky Boots.

Shantae is one of female characters that was created of a plaftorm game,because the other platform games were created with male protagonists,and also her first game was created for Game Boy Color in 2002,and she was created by Capcom and eventually Shantae is from WayForward.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I was tempted to submit King Dice, but I worry his moveset could overlap to much with Waluigi should we add him, so instead here's Mettaton EX

With a pacifist protag and zoner mascot, Undertale feels like a great pick to go side-character first on - and what better pick for a flashy, people-pleasing game than the flashy people-pleaser?

I have no attachment to Undertale beyond my edgy "everything popular sucks" phase, but man this character has a cool design. That's really my reasoning.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Green Shell
  2. Heart Container
  3. Smart Bomb
  4. PokeBall
Indie Fighter: Madeline (Celeste)

This one was honestly a toss-up between Madeline and Cuphead, but I went for the former because of the amount of fun movement she could have. Plus, we have a lot of zoners on the roster, but not too many pure rushdown fighters - I feel like Madeline's aforementioned movement could fill that gap.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Smart Bomb
2. Pitfalll
3. Screw Attack
4. Green Shell

Quote (Cave Story)
1679950223885.jpeg

Sawmill Thrill (Tropical Freeze)

Mine cart layout. Saws will attack the fighters.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Green Shell
2. Pokeball
3. Heart Container
4. Smart Bomb

I’ll nominate Imposter/Crewmate/Amoogus/Sussy
Among Us, Icon, Crewmate, Imposter
32 9

I’ll nominate Reset Bomb Forest
SSBU-Reset Bomb Forest.png

Songs
Kid Icarus Title Theme
Underworld
Skyworld
Hade’s Infernal Theme
Wrath of the Reset Bomb
Dark Pit’s Theme
Magnus’s Theme
Fallen Skyworld

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Our next four items will be the Smart Bomb, Screw Attack, Green Shell, and Pitfall!
  • Please vote for your top four indie fighters - Only the top two will make it in as fighters, but 3rd/4th place will recieve a Mii Costume! Their submitters will be able to detail specifics once voting closes.
    • Peppino (Pizza Tower) (Mamboo07)
    • Shovel Knight (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Shantae (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Mettaton EX (UNDERTALE) (Wario Wario Wario)
    • Madeline (Celeste) (FazDude)
    • Quote (Cave Story) (Northsoutmap)
    • Imposter (Among Us) (Pupp135)
    • Isaac (The Binding of Isaac) (Glubbfubb)
  • Please vote here for stage elimination- https://strawpoll.com/polls/61gDm6EdAZw
    • On the topic of stages, I realized I forgot to ask for music lists this time around. I didn't veto any stages that lacked music because of my mistake, but one of tomorrow's jobs will involve creating music lists for the winning stages. Stay tuned!
  • I'd like to ask Perkilator Perkilator if they would prefer we use their Raven Beak animations since we haven't gotten any dedicated submissions - If they decline, I will do them myself.
Job 68: Submit animations for Wario, Ganondorf, and/or Sonic!
Looks like these guys got lost in the shuffle, heh. Please submit a stage entrance, four taunts, and three victory animations for each fighter you do!

Job Nice: Submit a demo loadout!
We've gotten far enough in the development of our game that we can start thinking about demos! Please submit six fighters and four stages from our current assortment to be featured in the demo.

Submissions and voting close tomorrow around noon!

Top Bottom