• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SEGA Superstars World Cup (Current Jobs: Amigo/Sakura/Chomp/Knuckles/Nei/Elenor movesets and collectables!)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day Over!

Here's our Easter Entries for Job #55:
  • Knuckles is used to hunting down things so no doubt he'll be good at Easter Egg hunts...and also finding the ball of the pitch in a pinch. The guardian of Angel Island is here and ready to rumble! Submitted by his manager and a spirit trapped within the Master Emerald, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Vincent Brooks is looking for another outlet for all his pent up testosterone, as quite frankly the other way keeps landing him in trouble. Sports seems like a good outlet for this little lost (easter) lamb...and he'll be pleased to hear there's very few giant deadly creatures hunting him on the field. Aside from Blue Dragon anyway. And Ebitan. And I guess Bayonetta's summons. Hmm...maybe it's not so safe. Submitted by his manager and therapist osby osby
  • Billy Hatcher has rolled up and is bringing the eggcitement this Easter. With the chicken god Menie-Funie backing him out, he's ready to prove he's the **** Rooster of the walk (Smashboards is inevitably going to censor that) on the pitch. Prepare to get scrambled if you stand in the way of this spirited young hero. Submitted by his manager and very much a (good) morning person, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
  • King Alfred the Great was honestly someone I wasn't expecting to see, but the good king knows the best path to victory is a great defence. He defended his kingdom of Wessex from multiple viking invaders, and by the gods he will defend the goal against the Sega Superstars too. That's just his cross to bare. Just don't let the man watch your cakes bake for you. They'll burn. Submitted by his manager and royal advisor Flyboy Flyboy
  • Professor Asobin is full of great tips making him a good team captain. Such tips include 'don't lose the ball to the enemy team', 'try kicking it into the opponents goal' and 'don't kick it into our goal, what are you doing?'. Hard to argue with really. Submitted by his manager and manual mascot enthusiast, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Flicky is back and ready to fly up the field, and showcase just what a little blue bird can do when put in charge of a team of squawking infants. Basically the perfect captain. Submitted by her manager and featherweight champion, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Chomp is charging onto the field like a...well like a Triceratops to be honest. Whatever you do Chomp, please do not attempt a header. This adorable dinosaur is ready to bring the thunder with his lightning fast abilities and...actual lightning? That's just something dinosaurs could do. You learn something new every day. Submitted by his manager and paleontologist/meteorologist @Darkonedagger
Alright please vote for your three favourites, with your own entry no higher than third. Once again you have 24 hours to get your votes in!

---------------------

Job #56: Submit an Easter related stadium
Oh yes, we're not done yet with our Easter special. We're going to be doing a stadium that's vaguely Easter themed too. Once again, could be egg themed, could be related to a creature that lays eggs, could be something to do with rabbits, something to do with lambs, something to do with crosses or something to do with chocolate/candy.

We're going all out out with the Easter treats this time!

You have 24 hours to get your Easter Stadium submissions in!

That's all for now Sega Sports Fans! Seeya tomorrow!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
My votes:

1. Billy Hatcher
2. Flicky
3. Chomp

------------------------

A heads up; I'm taking an Easter trip so the results might be slower than normal.

Job #56: Giant Palace

Giant-Palace.png

The final world of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, the stadium is a giant floating island that has the titular Giant Egg floating above it, surrounded by stone walls. Down below it's usually a sheer drop, but the chicken god Menie-Funie has been kind enough to get a platform. Naturally the stadium is shaped like...well, an egg.

Audience members hang out looking out from above (such as where Billy is standing at current) and the floating platforms. Residents of both morning land (aka the chickens) and the crows watch on, with a fierce split whilst the sky above is split directly between night and day. Dark Raven, the leader of the crows sits atop a platform watching the action as the teams below are split into either 'Morning' or 'Night' teams.

If the morning team is down at half time, Menie-Funie will speak to the Giant Egg, wishing it to grant them power, bolstering their stats in every department.
If the night team are down at half time, Dark Raven will use the Giant Egg to amplify his magic and will lay dark magic traps around the pitch which will slow the morning team down but not affect the night team.

This stadium is all about come backs in the Morning/Night conflict!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day over! Sort of!

We're actually going to leave voting and the Easter Stadium job open for another few days...if only because my current location doesn't make calculating results easy and I feel like we can afford to keep the Easter Stadium job open for more than one option.

However here's a new job in the meantime:

Job #57: Submit a new mission for Challenge Mode.

Like all mission tasks we'll be adding all submissions (unless there's a major issue with the mission idea) so feel free to go wild! A list of current missions are available on the OP.

That's all for now, sorry it's so short today gang! See you tomorrow for another new job!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 56: Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
1650120917504.png

Maybe this isn't quite what you had in mind, but apart from eggs and religious holidays, a big thing that Easter reminds me of is the coming of spring and pretty grass and flowers! After all, what's an Easter basket without Easter grass? Green Hill Zone is inarguably the most famous location in Sonic The Hedgehog, used in more crossovers and throwback games and Easter Eggs (eyyy) than you can shake a stick at. It's also the first appearance of the villainous Dr. Eggman, and there are plenty of bunny animal pals trapped in robots in this zone, so hey, more Easter connections!

The stadium itself I think should be a real throwback, with the classic music playing plus remixes and a wonderful 16-bit aesthetic to it all, though shined up nicely for the modern era. It's a pretty simple stadium, with checkerboard walls, a grassy pitch, and a stadium full of animal buddies looking on in delight, but the two halves of the stadium are on either side of a large waterfall...which is conveniently covered by a wooden bridge. Don't worry, it doesn't affect play. Sometimes you may have to kick around a stray Motobug or Buzz Bomber, or even smack the ball in to defeat them, but ultimately it's a beginner-friendly and fun stadium with a cool retro vibe.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day (finally) over

Movesets firstly:
Congratulations to the above for their successful movesets!

-----------

The irony of it taking three days to reveal our Easter player is not lost on me but here are the results:
  • Knuckles: 14
  • Vincent: 1
  • Billy Hatcher: 14
  • King Alfred: 2
  • Asobin: 8
  • Flicky: 7
  • Chomp: 15
CHOMP WINS. The little triceratops managed to topple Knuckles and beat Billy to the top and he's our newest player! I'm going to be honest, I didn't see this coming. How wild!

--------

Results of the Easter Stadium...

I'm putting them both in.

We got only two, and Green Hill Zone's such a 'yes obviously we need this' stadium, it seems silly to not include it. This is pretty much the wooden spoon prize since both Knuckles and Billy Hatcher missed out by just one point a piece to Chomp too.

--------------

Job #57: Submit another Sonic the Hedgehog character

Alright, let's get our next Sonic character in. Who's joining Sonic, Tails, Amy and Metal Sonic? Well that's upto you guys. Submit a Sonic character and let's get back on track!

That's all for now Sega Sports Fans! See you tomorrow for the voting. Back to normality!

Resubmitting Dr. Eggman from Sonic.
Dr. Eggman

That's right! Dr. Eggman is main Villain of Sonic series and he is a human scientist that wants to take over the world by creating malicious Badniks to find the chaos Emeralds to use them for world Domination!
He is no stranger for soccer, since he played soccer back in Mario and Sonic games, so he returns to his soccer "career" as a playable character.

He would be without his Eggmobile and he would have good shooting and defense according to his hypothetical stats.
One of his moves would be, where he could summon small Death Egg Robot on the Battlefield to wreck the havoc on the stage.

To be honest, he deserves to be in the Game, since we need a villain character in our roster.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'll resubmit Rouge, one of my favorite Sonic characters

Job #57: Rouge the Bat

1650358535007.png

Rouge is a bat of many talents. She's a jewel thief, a government spy, a treasure tracker, and one hell of a fighter when her infiltrations lead her to armed conflict. It should be a little surprise to see him in a soccer match, especially if she decides that the trophy is valuable enough for her.

But why her over other Sonic characters, you'll ask? Simply put, while her strength equals another powerhouse, Knuckles, Rouge's specialty is her deadly kicks. I think she fits into this game's theme nicely and we can always use some of the more underutilized Sonic characters in crossover titles.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 57: Chao
1650390548220.png

Chao are these adorable creatures that first appeared in Sonic Adventure and became beloved by fans across the world. Look at them! The one in the middle is a pretty standard Chao, but there are angelic and devilish variants as well. There are many different Chao varieties and they all have their own way of competing and their own sets of skills. I could see the standard Chao taking the lead and either evolving to or getting an assist from the other varieties during its special moves. The fun part about Chao is that they're extremely playful, participating in races and karate contests and playing little trumpets. I think they'd make for a fun and unique addition to the roster, especially if it means playing on a team with Chomp or Jack Frost.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
JOB 57: Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow the Hedgehog is the evil duplicate of Sonic. He seems like an echo fighter on the outside, until you remember that he worked for G.U.N. He could use his G.U.N. gun and give the ball a boost with his bullets.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Blaze The Cat

Sonic Team definitely struck gold with this one. Being one of the few characters that nearly all fans of the series seem to like, Blaze is the pyrokinetic princess of the Sol Dimension who starred in Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure as playable. Despite how recent she was at the time, she was chosen for the Sonic roster of the first Mario and Sonic game, which says quite a lot about her popularity. I have no idea how this thread's game works but I'm sure Blaze's fiery powers and speed nearly equal to Sonic's could make it quite interesting.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day over!

Let's look at our Sonic player submissions:

• Knuckles doesn't need YOUR power, he's bringing plenty of his own to the pitch. With incredibly arm strength, expect his throw ins to be seriously impressive. Submitted by his manager and Angel Island tourist, @Darkonedagger
  • Dr. Eggman has come to make an announcement; he's going to defeat Sonic the Hedgehog once and for all...in football. This cunning gemius likely won't play by the rules, but he'll make the match that much more exciting! Submitted by his manager and scrap metal collector, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Rouge is bringing her incredible leg strength and tactical mind to the field. Efficient, cunning, deadly, Rouge has a habit of completing her missions in record time and always gets the prize she's after. This time that prize is the World Cup. Submitted by her manager and G.U.N. handler, osby osby
  • Fang is used to taking pot shots at his foes, but now he'll take that literally. Expect some excellent sniper range and some underhanded tactics from this dirty weasel...err...Jerboa wolf. Submitted by his manager and bounty payer, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Chao baby! This adorable critter is being raised to be the latest football sensation. Cute, but packing a surprising amount of power, the Chao are not to be underestimated. Submitted by their manager and Chao garden Guardian, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Shadow, the Ultimate Lifeform is here to prove his power is the real deal. Expect a hard time when facing the Chaos Control weilding hedgehog as he keeps up with Sonic and pulls off goals with ease. Submitted by his manager and surviving ARK security guard, Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
  • Blaze, the Princess from another dimension is visiting our own once more, this time to see what we do for fun. With her pyrokinetic powers, you better watch yourself or you'll get burned! Submitted by her manager and royal attendant, Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
With that, please vote for your top three, with your own in third at highest. You have 24 hours to get your votes in.

Job #58: Submit a new series for character submissions

We're going to take a break from the Sonic universe for a second to focus on other Sega series.
For this simply select a series. We'll be picking TWO players from this new series aftwards, so pick well!

This is for new series without a player at current, so the following series aren't allowed:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Persona
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Alex Kidd
  • Space Channel 5
  • NiGHTS
  • Shenmue
  • The House of the Dead
  • Yakuza
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Panzer Dragoon
  • Bayonetta
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Samba de Amigo
  • Sakura Wars
  • Dinosaur King
  • SEGA Ninja
  • Ristar
  • Wild Woody
If it's not on the list though, it's absolutely allowed! Get to submitting series gang! You have 24 hours to submit one!

That's all for now. See you tomorrow Sega Sports fans!

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Knuckles
2. Rouge
3. Blaze

Job #58: Power Instinct
I know it's an under-the-radar fighting game franchise, and since obtaining this, SEGA has shown zero interest in doing anything with this series, but hear me out...

Please look at this roster of weirdos just sitting and collecting dust. I think adding one character from it would be cool, but adding multiple would be bold.

You got 6 games. You got a huge roster of characters, forty (playable) to be exact, and there are some WEIRD, WEIRD characters in this, but they're cool. Except for the Gamers.

Tbh, I mostly just want to see this win to see what everyone would all pick.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Shadow
  2. Chao
  3. Rouge
Job #58: Etrian Odyssey

1650433892895.png

A "create your own adventure" dungeon crawler series by ATLUS, Etrian Odyssey spans numerous games and a large number of classes. That's right, classes because these games don't exactly have established party members and instead give you a lot of customization options to form your own characters. The games have a cutesy, deformed art style that would mesh well with a wacky sports game and there are interesting character designs to work with.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
My Votes:

1. Rouge
2. Knuckles
3. Eggman

Jet Set Radio
Not the biggest series, but the news there's a reboot in the works has gotten me feeling this series.

The day is nearly over, you have 40 minutes left to submit votes and entries!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day over!

Results? Let's take a look!
  • Knuckles: 12
  • Dr. Eggman: 8
  • Rouge: 9
  • Fang: 5
  • Chao: 3
  • Shadow: 8
  • Blaze: 3
KNOCK KNOCK. Who's there? It's K'nux, our latest player! Congratulations to @Darkonedagger

-----------------------------------------

Okay, let's look at our series suggestions next:
  • Bonaza Bros, submitted by smooth criminal Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario .
    • You may be thinking: There's only two real characters. Who else is it gonna be than Mobo and Robo? But if this series wins, I'm ALSO including Ichidant-R and Tant-R characters in this, since it's clearly the same universe. Yep.
  • Phantasy Star, submitted by space hero OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
    • If this one wins we'll be including both Phantasy Star, Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online characters under this prompt.
  • Puyo Puyo, submitted by puzzle master Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
    • If this one wins we'll also be including the Madou Monogatari series as part of the prompt.
  • Power Instinct, submitted by groovy fighter, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
    • We will include characters from Power Instinct, Power Instinct 2, Groove on Fight, etc. If it was on the page PuyoWitch linked, it counts.
  • Etrian Odyssey, submitted by our Atlus historian, osby osby
    • We will include characters from the main series and the mystery dungeon spinoffs for this prompt
  • Virtua Fighter, submitted by polygonal battler, @Darkonedagger
    • We're including all the VF cast and why not, let's throw in Virtua Quest characters too
  • Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio, submitted by black belt in playing tag, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
    • DJ Professor K will be disallowed due to his NPC role as the announcer, but everyone else is fairgame be they a GG, a member of the police force, or a rival gang member
Okay, please vote for your top 3, your own in third. After 24 hours we'll focus on the winning series for a new job.

Seeya tomorrow Sega Sports fans!

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
While I can acknowledge a majority of these franchises deserve to be in more, the allure of all these franchises not having much representation in crossover games is what intrigues me.

1. Etrian Odyssey
2. Phantasy Star
3. Power Instinct

Top Bottom