• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SEGA Superstars World Cup (Current Jobs: Amigo/Sakura/Chomp/Knuckles/Nei/Elenor movesets and collectables!)

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Virtua Striker (I feel like being submitted as one of the first picks is the only thing that held him back from getting in before. Now that we have stuff like a pencil and several anthropomorphic animals on the screen, I REALLY think it's time for this completely regular football guy because I think his existence adds a very funny dynamic to the cast. Plus, I mean, his entire character is someone who plays football. He should absolutely be in)
2. Jeffry McWild (I've never been able to get into Virtua Fighter as much as I've wanted to, but I've always loved this guy.)
3. ChuChus (Multiple ChuChus getting in as a single fighter has a real 'three kids in an oversized trenchcoat' vibe that I think would be great for this game)

Vyse is my honorable mention. I actually LOVE Skies of Arcadia. It, the Playstation Final Fantasy trilogy, Kingdom Hearts, and Wild Arms 3 were my big introductions into JRPGs as a kid, so I have a real soft spot for him. That said, I'm putting him a little lower because I think he is a lock, but we can wait on him.

Submission coming soon

D

Deleted member

1. Vyse
2. Beat
3. ChuChus

Last edited by a moderator:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. ChuChus (I just think the concept is absolutely adorable)
2. Beat (We gotta have Jet Set Radio in here)
3. Amigo (le monkè :))

It might be a bit too soon, but **** it, Tom’s Hot Dogs is back on the menu!
Job #47: Tom Johnson (Shenmue)

View attachment 349266

That’s right, the owner of Tom’s Hot Dogs and one of Ryo’s many confidants, Tom Johnson, is looking to expand his brand’s reach by joining a soccer tournament. He’s an American hitchiker who, after traveling the world, decided to settle in Japan and make a living selling hot dogs. You’re probably thinking that one of Shenmue’s many distinct NPCs might seem like a weird choice for this job... and it is! However Tom is more than just your average hot dog salesman. He’s the man who taught Ryo his secret technique of the Tornado Kick, showing that he’s more than proficient in the art of kicking things. And you can’t forget to mention his knack for dancing which would have to be incorporated into his moveset. Look at him go!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Amigo (The writeup and realization that he's never missed one of these games sold me)

2. Virtua Striker - We NEED Sega's soccer guy in, and I just think it's funny.

3. ChuChus - I really do love the game they're from.

Special shoutouts to Jeffry McWild who I really like as a choice. Getting some unusual VF picks on the roster sounds fun, and Jeffry is up there even if he's not my number one VF character I want to see. Vyse is also a favorite.

I'll try and submit a character tomorrow.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Amigo
  2. ChuChus
  3. Beat
Job #49: Neff (Altered Beast)

1649135552644.png

SEGA Heroes uses the appearently now-default rhino form of Neff but he has plenty other forms under his belt and I think he can be a unique heavyweight player who brings out some magic for his super moves.

Resubmitting my boy Joe:
Joe Musashi

Joe Musashi is a Ninja, who appeared in Shinobi Games on Arcade back in late 80's. He is a fellow Ninja, who defeats terrorists from group named Zeed.
Joe Musashi is no stranger for crossover, since his series crossed over with Alex Kidd and he even appeared in Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed.
His moves would be based on techniques from his games like OG Shinobi, where he could Slash with his katana or throw a shuriken at opponents like a true NINJA!

He is a cool Ninja, so we need a cool Ninja.
(Also he would be Kurumi's cool friend)
1. Vyse (Speed would be happy)
2. Virtua Striker (Striker makes sense)
3. Joe Musashi (Self-Vote, but at least Kurumi would have a friend)

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #49: Wren (Phantasy Star IV)
Wren2.png

Wren is an unfortunately designed android from Phantasy Star IV, with the face of an 80's Falcom character and the body of current Chris Redfield. You may assume this robot is built for combat, but his day job is actually a janitor. He's a bad ass dad bod bot who cleans. He is not to be confused with the Wren from Phantasy Star III which is a completely different android with different powers. That character isn't in SEGA Heroes, but I like this one a little more for this game because I think he stands out and gives you more options for characters with a focus on strength and shooting.

Wren is a walking, talking tank, being the strongest and tallest one in your entire party in PS4. Don't let that youthful-looking face fool you, he's also the oldest! On top of that, he can't be affected by a majority of status effects in game and he also uses GUNS (and I don't just mean those biceps).

I also think you can get fun interactions or team moves with the other various robots and gun users from other SEGA properties.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #49: B.D. Joe (Crazy Taxi)

1649169289379.png

Let's make some CRAZY money! B.D. Joe is one of the drivers from the arcade classic Crazy Taxi, a game that has appeared on many, many, many other systems since and has even been lovingly...paid tribute to by a Simpsons game. Honestly, B.D. Joe may be the easy crossover pick for the series but...well...that's because he's the best! Look at him! He radiates a cool, calm ease that befits his daredevil personality. He's a fast-driving guy who will risk life and limb to get you where you want to go, and fast! On the field he would be a speedy risk-taking character who isn't above putting himself in harm's way to make a goal or a save. Now cue up The Offspring!

On a side note, I was considering submitting Hotsuma or Hibana, and I do think either would be really cool to get in. Nightshade especially is such an interesting game to me, but I wanted a little more distance between them and Kurumi, so perhaps in the future, unless someone beats me to it.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Votes:
  1. Amigo
  2. Striker
  3. Beat
Job #49: Sega Hero

Largo Potter

Largo-Lance.png

NGL, Largo's probably my favourite Valkyria Chronicles character.

He's a big hearted war veteran (of two wars no less) who believes experience is the best teacher and secretly harbours a crush on his former squad member and now captain, Eleanor Varrot.

Absolutely adores vegetables, and plans to become a farmer after the second Europan War is over. He can tank a hit like no one's business, and is skilled with blowing tanks up, although he's far less proficent at running. Hell of a long shot on this man, although his accuracy may leave a little to be desired.

---------------------

TWO HOURS REMAIN ON THIS PROMPT AND VOTES. GET YOURS IN!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day over!

Here are the results!
  • Mobo Bonanza: 2
  • Amigo: 13
  • Jeffry McWild: 2
  • Virtua Striker: 9
  • ChuChus(Chuih, Chupea, ChuBach and ChuBei): 11
  • Vyse: 8
  • Joe Musashi: 1
  • Beat: 8
And finally, Amigo feels that Samba beat and makes it onto the field! Congratulations to PuyoWitch PuyoWitch !

Job 49: Sega Heroes
  • Baby crawls onto the pitch armed with tech and knowledge of the future. Will this be the time travellers time? Submitted by his manager and babysitter Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Blaze Fielding has come to investigate us once more! She's got the deadliest legs in all of Wood Oak City. Prepare for some high kicks and specials that will knock you out! Submitted by her manager and dance student @Darkonedagger
  • Neff may be a king of shapeshifting evil, but even he can't resist a chance to unwind and enjoy some good sportsmanship-HAHAHA! Okay, no, no, I'm kidding. Neff is here to crush his opponents and watch them lose all hope. Submitted by his manager and former leader of the underworld osby osby
  • Joe Musashi ninjas his way back into the running. The super Shinobi returns once more to lead the Sega team to victory as if they were his own clan mates. Submitted by his manager and the one shrouded in darkness, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Wren may be our oldest person submitted yet at 998 years old, putting him slightly above our Umbra Witch Bayonetta at 600 years old. Usually players don't last past their 30s, but with his android body and determined and responsible body, Wren is about to prove that despite his sense of responsibility he can let his hair down and bring some fun to the competition. Sorry that was a typo. Bring some gun to the competition. Submitted by his manager and assistant at maintaining the Algo support systems, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
  • B.D. Joe enjoys making people smile and brightening their day. As such he's parked his cab outside the stadium and is ready to do some CRAZZZZZZY Football all whilst keeping that big beaming grin on his face. Submitted by his manager and Taxi rank phone receptionist, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Largo Potter has fought in two wars alongside many ususual soldiers including our fellow Sega superstar player Alicia Melchiott, but nothing has quite prepared him for the battle on the football field. With his gigantic lance and high defence, don't expect to steal the ball from him easily, but you may be able to outpace this veggie-maniac. Submitted by his manager and ironically a carnivore, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
These are our SEGA HEROES. Please vote for your top 3, with your own in third place at highest.

------------------------

Job #50: Submit a 'non-All-Star' Sega character

This is the final character job before the 'first trailer' drops, so make sure you submit a character you really want to see! The only rules are they can't have appeared in Sega Superstars, Sega Superstars Tennis, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed or Sega Heroes.

We want to focus on someone completely new to the Sega crossover world here!

Oh, and two last disqualifications: Joker due to appearing in Super Smash Bros which had some Sega crossovering and Morgana for crossing over in Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania which also had enough guests for me to include it here. Sorry Persona 5 fans, you'll have to wait for the second trailer drop!

Okay, that's all for now! See you tomorrow Sega Sports Fans!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Neff - He's gotta at least be on the boss team! But I love him as a main playable character too, very fun.

2. Wren - Phantasy Star 4 is really, really cool and so are cool robots.

3. Blaze - I like her :)

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
I'm just gonna resubmit Battle Golfer Yui. I think she would make a fun out-there pick.

Battle Golfer Yui.jpg

Job #23: Yui Mizuhara (Battle Golfer Yui)
View attachment 347210
Yui Mizuhara is the protagonist of the Japanese exclusive sports/rpg/graphic adventure game hybrid "Battle Golfer Yui". She and her best friend were kidnapped by a mad scientist for their golf skills, and experimented on to turn into an ultimate kind of golfer called "Battle Golfers". Together, they would have been used to take over the world, but she was broken out before she could have been brainwashed by the scientist.

While Yui would be out of her element on the soccer field, she would have her trusty golf club at the ready for any big strikes she needs.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 50: SEGA Hard Girls

1649200626087.png

Ever since learning about Sega Hard Girls a few years ago I've grown extremely fond of them. They are anthropomorphized versions of pretty much every SEGA console and add-on, with the main ones being Dreamcast, Mega Drive, and Saturn. They're bubbly and funny, and there are other consoles too, as they're sometimes joined by Game Gear, SG-1000, Virtual Memory Unit, and even one patterned like the Star Spangled Banner named Genesis. There's even one for the Robo-Pitcher!! You can see them all here.

1649200843819.png
1649200864580.png
1649200885793.png

The way I see them working is with Dreamcast as the main one, as her design is very fun and she seems to get the most market share, but Mega Drive and Saturn can join he in her supers and animations, along with others as well. I see them as being overall very comical, over-the-top characters that have tons of references to crazy one-offs and SEGA history that might not otherwise get referenced. I know I'd love to see them shoot mini Afterburner planes at people.

They've had an anime, crossovers with the Neptunia series, appearances in mobile game crossovers, and overall are still in play as fun, goofy ways to celebrate Sega history, and I just think they're neat!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
B.D. Joe
Baby
Joe Musashi

Is it okay to submit Ecco again for this new job? He cameoed in Racing Transformed, but he's never been playable or had any tracks or anything specifically dedicated to him in the past.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
B.D. Joe
Baby
Joe Musashi

Is it okay to submit Ecco again for this new job? He cameoed in Racing Transformed, but he's never been playable or had any tracks or anything specifically dedicated to him in the past.
Ah, I should have specified characters who appeared in cameos such as stage appearances are fine, just not 'playable' characters. Those who have had tracks dedicated to them but no playable appearance are also fine(so Burning Rangers cast for example are also eligible)

Ecco is eligible. Feep free to submit him.

1. BD Joe
2. Neff, aka Purple Rhino, who appeared in Wreck it Ralph
3. Joe Musashi

And for the Job, I'll resubmit my boy Vectorman... again.

Vectorman (Vectorman) (1995)

Who is Vectorman?
Vectorman
is main titular protagonist of self-titled game series "Vectorman" developed by Bluesky Software and published by SEGA on Sega Mega Drive/Genesis in 1995. He is an Green Orbot that cleans up the whole dystopian futuristic Earth from toxic waste after people left it before the games' events.
One day, Raster was watching the whole Earth by PlanetCom cameras (The ccamers that allow to see whole Earth from Space station) and then, a lesser attached a Warhead to his head by accident and he became evil. His plan was executing all humans who dare to return on Earth after spending time in Space.
However, when Vectorman heard about the news where Warhead Raster tries to destroy the World, he went for adventure through Futuristic Earth to save the world from Raster's evil plans.
After he defeated Raster, he saved the world and later after the events of the game, he went for adventure again just to defeat the Evil Widow queen and deadly Spiders in Vectorman 2.

How he could work in Soccer game?
Despite he is a Robot made out of green balls, this doesn't stop him from joining the Roster, since he could have a lot of moveset potential for Soccer game. One of Examples he could use Nucleus shield as Goal-star move to defend himself and the Goal or even turn himself into Tank as Star Burst Move, making him invulnerable for 5.5 seconds.
His Stats could show that he could focus on shooting and defense.
He could have a lot of potential in Sega Soccer World Cup, since he could be one of Obscure Sega characters and his series could bring a lot of potential in the game like Terraport as Stadium or Raster as sponsor character.

Why Vectorman?
Well, because he could be amazing addition in the Roster, since he would be first Robot character to appear in the Roster. Besides that, Vectorman could have a lot of potential in the game, since there are wonderful ideas to choose from for Vectorman.
Also, he could be worthy candidate, because his game were popular and they had pseudo-3D graphics that looked like Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country (Fun fact: Vectorman was an answer to Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country on SNES).
And I not going to tell all the reasons why he should join the Roster, but I really like him and I would want to see him playing soccer despite he is made out of metallic balls.

In fact that I'm kinda anemoiac person tbh...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dynamite Headdy

I'm frankly kinda surprised this guy hasn't been in a Sega crossover before. Being one of Sega's favourite rereleases has propelled this puppet to an iconic status in recent years. His headbutting attacks could find good use on the court!

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #50: Jack Frost

31D9DF76-D65B-422E-9F2A-D097580827D2.jpeg

The mascot of the Megami Tensei franchise and Atlus as a whole, Jack Frost is here to make his Sega crossover debut! Within the context of most crossovers I’d generally prefer one of the protagonists to represent SMT, but in a wacky colorful sports game? I think the cute mascot would fit that tone better than the stoic, edgy protagonists of most mainline MegaTen games. He’s no stranger to the world of sports either, having appeared in the DS Snowboard Kids reboot.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sorry guys, this day is actually going to have to run on one extra day due to unexpected circumstances on my end. My apologies.

Feel free to submit an additional character each for Job #50 as compensation however. That's right, two submissions per person.

Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear don't forget to get your Ecco submission in.

Sorry about that folks!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing Willy
Willy

That's right, an NES rep! Originating from the Americana-inpsired Atlus platformer Rockin' Kats, (known in Japan as Nyankies - get it? Nyan + NY + Yankie Doodle = Nyankies?) Willy's long-ranged punch gun makes him a formidable force on the court - hell, maybe we could even swap it out for a shoe-shaped kick gun!

I nominate Arle Nadja.
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
1649277745448.png

Arle Nadja is main character of Puyo Puyo series. She is a girl that has a pet named Carbuncle and she fights opponents by dropping Puyos down and connect it to defeat her foes like Dark Prince (Satan).
She debuted first in Madou Monotagari and later reappeared in today's Puyo Puyo.
Her series are popular and she could be another second party character in the Roster.

Her abilities in the game would be interesting, because she could use her Goalkeep move to block the Ally Team's goal with wall made of Puyo Puyos (That's insane, RIGHT???) and one of her moves could reference Carbuncle at least. Also her magic would be used in this game in one of her moves.

I nominate her because she is one of popular Sega characters and her addition would sound cool. Nuff said today.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Using this opportunity to resubmit Raph
Job #35: Phantom R (Rhythm Thief)

View attachment 348174

By day, 18 year old Raphael is just your average Parisian boy living in an apartment with his dog Fondue. Buy by night, he dawns the persona of Phantom R, a suave and charismatic gentleman thief infamous for stealing some of Paris’ most famous artworks only to return them a few days later. His main objective in doing so is to find his father, who disappeared three years prior to the game’s events.

As the titular Rhythm Thief, I can see Phantom R being an incredibly agile character who can easily sneak past his opponents. His special moves would also likely incorporate rhythm game inputs which require players to press buttons at just the right time to see the best results. Honestly, I just think he’s neat! Raph is a cool character with a lot to pull from and Rhythm Thief is a great game that everyone should check out. If you’re a fan of rhythm games or adventure games in a similar vein to the Professor Layton series, I urge you to pick it up whenever you can, especially with the 3DS eShop shutting down soon.

D

Deleted member

Nei
Pantasy Star is a popular and iconic franchise with no representation in our game so far. Nei is a popular character who was heavily considered for one of the ASR games. She would fit pretty well on the football field in my opinion.

Jack Cayman

Madworld is a strange game, filled with style. Jack would be rendered in the B&W style of his original game, though he could also be based off of the spin off Anarchy Reigns, and would bring his brutal action to the feild.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Newcomer: Ecco the Dolphin
View attachment 345405
Does it make any sense at all? No. Do I care? Definitely not. Ecco is a really strange choice, but he could still work. After gaining the power to swim through the air thanks to alien magic, Ecco has joined the Sega FC with the power of dolphin flipkicks and sonar beams that could be used to stun other players.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #50: here comes the scrimblos

1649311650761.png

Tom-Tom (Wonder Boy)

While his game is not the most well-known or popular, Tom-Tom feels like he'd be the best fit for a sports game. I really dig his caveboy aesthetic and he has a surprising amount of material to work with like a sakteboard and stone hatchets.

1649312007748.png

Tembo (Tembo the Badass Elephant)

Tembo is pretty fun, little platforming game with a lot of movement options which makes him pretty fitting for a sports game despite what his body shape would suggest. I think having a heavyweight, quadrupedal character, as well as one of SEGA's newer one-shot publishments, rarely makes it to crossovers.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 50: Ringo Ando (Puyo Puyo)
1649337458065.png

Ringo is a brainy schoolgirl from Earth that gets tied up into the world of Puyo Puyo when a flood that threatens her school gets stopped by Arle Nadja. She is bright and fun, but extremely analytical and strategic, with her main focus being math and science. She's a bookworm. She's the protagonist of Puyo Puyo 7 and Puyo Puyo Tetris, as well as one of the mains in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (though in both games she shares screentime with Arle and Amitie as well as new character Tee). She is mistrustful of magic and anything that can't be explained by logical and demonstrable experimentation, though it doesn't bother her too much considering she's still great friends with Arle and Amitie.

You may wonder why such a bookish person would join a sports team. Well, as Football Manager shows us, sometimes the best way to win a game is to crunch those numbers, figure out optimal angles, and play the mental game as well as you play the physical one! On a personal note, Ringo is my favorite Puyo Puyo character as she's super funny, often playing the straight-woman to the more supernatural antics around her and always trying to get to the bottom of a mystery, though she's easily-flustered as well. Her brains-over-brawn approach would really bring a lot to any team she's on!

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job 50: Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere)
Gwendolyn.png

Odin Sphere is a Vanillaware developed Atlus title made from the same crew in Atlus that did Princess Crown, and then later Dragon's Crown. Much like Dragon's Crown, it's considered a spiritual successor to Princess Crown, but this one plays a lot closer to PC. It's an action RPG/beat em up split into numerous character's stories set in a fantasy world inspired by fairy tales, Norse mythology, and Shakespeare plays. It's a cool world filled with great characters. It's very whimsical but also dark and dramatic because it's about war. I guess you could compare it to a Fire Emblem game. It's a hidden gem among Atlus/SEGA's library. Luckily you can still buy it if you own a Sony console after the PS2 because they've released a remake for it digitally on every system afterward except the original PSP.

While there are five stories, Gwendolyn's story is the first one you get, and she's the closest thing to the face of the game. She is a sentimental and brave valkyrie knight for the kingdom and the daughter of Odin, who is the demon lord king, which makes her a princess. Her story starts out with the death of her sister, an extremely difficult thing for her that her father shrugs off all too quickly, and without getting much into spoilers, her life sort of just gets rougher from there.

I would actually love more than just her from Odin Sphere, because the main five are all really good characters in their own right, but it's an obscure enough game as is, and she's an obvious pick for it. I imagine she would fight on the football field similar to how she fights on the Battlefield. A lot of focus on mobility and strength. For special moves, you can have her fly/glide in the air, incorporate combo strikes with that spear of hers, and she even gets special attacks by filling up a meter by attacking enemies ranging from stuff like creating ice blocks, to spears raining down in front of her wherever she walks, to just standard big spear combos.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And that's day over. Or two days over.

Anyway, with that said; here's our results:
  • Baby: 5
  • Blaze Fielding: 7
  • Neff: 11
  • Joe Musashi: 2
  • Wren: 4
  • B.D. Joe: 18
  • Largo Potter: 1
So it looks like we're getting some CRRRRAAAZY FOOTBALL with B.D. Joe arriving as our newest player on the pitch. No doubt his skills will make you smile! Congratulations to Flyboy Flyboy on the successful submission!

And now onto Job 50. Here are your candidates!
  • Battle Golfer Yui makes her way from one green fielded sport to another. With her (9) iron will, she's sure to have the drive to come on swinging. Will she be upto par on the football field or will a wedge be put between her and victory. Submitted by her manager and golf caddy PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
  • Sega Hard Girls are here, with Dreamcast taking the lead, the super popular in the west but not in Japan Mega Drive and the super popular in Japan but not in the west Saturn backing her up. Luckily everyone loves Dreamcast! Either way these three for the price of one girls go hard on the field. Submitted by their manager and SEGA CEO, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Vectorman has arrived! He's ready to clean up yet another warzone. Have you seen how much litter is left by an audience attending a football match? He'll have his work cut out for him for sure. Submitted by his manager and recycling expert, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Headdy is readdy! No doubt this powerful puppet has the best header in the entire game with his projectile noggin. Submitted by his manager and the puppetmaster himself, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Jack Frost is sending chills down the spines of everyone watching. This little demon is more used to dealing with ice balls than footballs, but he'll hee ho-ve it straight into the goal with his little blue boots. Submitted by his manager and summoner OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
  • Willy is back and he's packing a real punch! This cool cat's punch gun will allow Willy to pull off some incredible saves whilst in goal...we may even look the other way and let him score using it despite handballs being a regular disqualification. Submitted by his manager and gag weapon shop owner Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Arle Nadja is bringing the magic! Whilst she's far more used to dealing with multiple coloured balls, she'll find the balls the Sega Superstars World Cup far harder to pop. Preferably she won't pop any of them. Poor Mighty doesn't need that. Submitted by her manager and Carbuncle merch seller Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Phantom R is here. With funky beats and the ability to avoid people with ease, he'll no doubt be slipping past opponents and scoring goals before anyone even notices! Submitted by his manager and funky metronome master OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
  • Nei is quick on her feet and with incredible youth on her side, she may be our youngest player submission! Due to the speed of which Numans mature, Nei is only a year or two old! Nei's supportive of her party members whether they're on the field or exploring Mota. Submitted by her manager and Numan researcher, @Darkonedagger
  • Jack Cayman is a rough, gruff, and overall tough customer who is one slightly bad day away from becoming a very bad dude. Armed with his chainsaw arm, he's looking to take out some aggression against some real competition for once. Submitted by his manager and death match sponsor, @Darkonedagger
  • Ecco the Dolphin splashes back in. This hyper intelligent marine mammal is more than meets the eye, having been a time traveller and a shapeshifter in the past. Who knows what insane abilities he'll bring onto the field with him this time. He also takes all his payment in fish. Submitted by his manager and honourary pod member Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
  • Tom-Tom is full of food and ready to race towards the goal! This young caveman won't let anyone slow him down, and if they try they'll get a stone axe to the skull for their troubles. Be amazed and understand why this young man is known as the Wonder Boy. Submitted by his manager and skateboard repair specialist osby osby
  • Tembo the Bad Ass Elephant is one of our larger players. Complete with an upstoppable charge and the ability to spindash almost as good as Sonic, if you stand in this powerful pachyder's way, you're bound to get crushed. Under foot most likely. Submitted by his manager and peanut provider, osby osby
  • Ringo Ando is here to showcase the power numbers can provide in a match. Like for example scoring more goals than the opponent is a good thing. She's used to supernatural oddities(even if they do weird her out), but I think meeting some of the Sega Superstars players may cause her incredibly brain to break. Like how on earth do you even start with how Wild Woody works? Submitted by her manager and fellow math genius, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Gwendolyn, the valkyrie princess has had a hard life, but she's also had the experience of leading troops into battle against her foes. Whilst there's (hopefully) less life and death battles in our stadiums, the ferocity is still there, and thus she'll need to remain as courageous and stalwart here as she is on the battlefield. Submitted by her manager and loyal soldier, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
And that's our submissions! Please vote for your top FIVE. Your own vote can be no higher than third, and I ask that if self voting, only vote for one of your two submissions.

With that, this is the end of our character submissions! Onto the trailer!

Job #46: Submit a trailer idea for the reveal
This job is still in play. We have our characters revealed (bar the above votes) and we need a brilliant first trailer depicting the game as best as we can. Currently osby osby and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds have submitted entries, but this job remains in play for another 48 hours only!

That's all for now. I want you to focus on making a great trailer if possible so no other distraction jobs will drop just yet.

Job #51 will begin after our initial trailer drops on 9th April!

See you tomorrow Sega Sports fans for the winner reveal of Job #50!

D

Deleted member

1. Hard Girls
2. Vectorman
3. Jack Frost
4. Nei
5. Ecco

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Nei - I just love her! She just sparks so much joy and I love Phantasy Star II a lot.

2. Battle Golfer Yui - God, she's such a fun and weird cut that I appreciate and can see in my head how she'd work.

3. Tom-Tom - I agree, I think the caveman aesthetic and silly moveset potential would work really well here.

4. Sega Hard Girls - I wouldn't have nominated them if I didn't want them. They're just such a curiosity to me.

5. Jack Frost - Hee Ho.

6. Vectorman - He's literally a ball robot! He's perfect!

This was such a genuinely wonderful set of nominations! I love the write ups too! So charming and fun all around.

Top Bottom