• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SEGA Superstars World Cup (Current Jobs: Amigo/Sakura/Chomp/Knuckles/Nei/Elenor movesets and collectables!)

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Ringo Ando
  2. Gwendolyn
  3. Phantom R
  4. Jack Frost
  5. Vectorman

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
My votes:
  • Ecco
  • Nei
  • Tom-Tom
  • Ringo
  • Arle
Day over!

Here's the results!
  • Battle Golfer Yui: 7
  • Sega Hard Girls: 11
  • Vectorman: 14
  • Headdy: 2
  • Jack Frost: 14
  • Willy: 3
  • Arle Nadja: 1
  • Phantom R: 14
  • Nei: 13
  • Jack Cayman: 1
  • Ecco the Dolphin: 21
  • Tom-Tom: 10
  • Tembo: 5
  • Ringo: 15
  • Gwendolyn: 4
With that, Ecco the Dolphin is the last character in the game before the first trailer! Congratulations to Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear

-------

OKAY! Today's job...has been going on for a while, but this is the final push!

Job #46: Submit a trailer idea for the reveal!

So time for the first trailer drop. No new jobs today! Get your favourite characters in, showcase some of the gameplay, etc!

You have 24 hours left to get your trailer idea in.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
(got slightly delayed)

DAY OVER!

Here are our entries for the Trailers:
Please read them both and then vote for your favourite here:
https://strawpoll.com/polls/QrgeV8avjZp

-----------------------

Job #51: Submit a moveset for Amy Rose, Bayonetta, Space Michael, Amigo, B.D. Joe or Ecco the Dolphin!

You have one week to submit a moveset for one of the above characters! Please refer to the OP for how to do movesets!

-------------------------

Job #52: Submit a new mode!

So we have Tournament, Free Match and Challenge/Mission mode, but I'm not satisfied with just these three. Let's add a fun new mode to the game!

You have 46 hours to get your submission for this in (due to me missing the deadline I figured I'd give extra time rather than less)

Alright, that's all for now Sega sports fans! See you tomorrow. Yes, there's still a job coming tomorrow despite the extended time on the new mode job!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Character #13: Amy Rose

1649577780286.png

Media Nickname: Rosy the Rascal

Stats:
Speed:
Strength: 8
Defense: 4
Shooting: 4
Passing: 4
Skill: 3

Super-Star Move: Rose Typhoon
Amy winks, grabs her Piko Piko Hammer, and jumps into the air while twirling her whole body around vertically. If she catches the ball with this initial jump, she continues with the move. She then somersaults and brings her hammer down at the crux of her ascend, crashing to the ground. Upon impact, she creates a giant pink dome of energy that expands, launching the ball ablaze with pink flames.

All-Star Move: Hammer Jump
Amy pulls out her Piko Piko Hammer and smacks it into the ground, catapulting herself high into the air, leaving a trail of pink hearts behind her. While in the air, this move becomes Mid-air Hammer Jump, which goes further but doesn’t deal as much damage when she swings her hammer. This move's main purpose is to stop aerial offenses but it can also get Amy out of some sticky situations.

Star-Burst Move: Propeller Hammer
Amy pulls out her Piko Piko Hammer and begins swirling around with it in a manner like a spinning top. This Star-Burst Move allows her to quickly move left and right while having a constant, multi-hitting hitbox around her which pulls opponents in slightly and can hit the ball fairly far away at the expanse of a lengthy ending animation where Amy gets a little dizzy.

Goal-Star Move: Tarot Draw
Amy takes out her tarot deck and then pulls out a card from it to predict the future. This move creates three glowing orbs in front of Amy's goalpost, forcing any incoming ball's trajectory to change in order to pass through them. While this Goal-Star Move cannot actually stop goals, it makes Amy's job much easier if she can predict the opposing team's moves.

Goal Victories:
  1. Amy glides to the field by holding on to a parasol and then poses with it, spinning it around herself and winking.
  2. Amy makes a peace sign and takes a selfie, then lowers her phone and blows a kiss at the camera.
  3. Amy swings her hammer like a baseball, then balances it on her shoulder, saying “That’s right! I’m the best!”

MVP: Amy makes a heart shape with her hands and spins around while laughing. She concludes by giving a thumbs up and saying “Love changes everything.”

Losing:
  1. Amy tries to lift her hammer but fails and crumbles to the ground.
  2. Amy sits on her knees and pouts, wiping her eyes occasionally.
  3. Amy lifts her fist and "I know we can do better next time!", sad but determined.
Kit:
Amy's kit colors are based on her dress, a red base with white trim, along with her gloves and some more practical shoes. She wears shorts with tights under them, a sleeveless jersey, and cleats.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
DAY...Extended actually. We're in overtime for this one everyone!

First though, the reveal for our official trailer:

It was incredibly close with literally only one vote in it, but osby osby 's trailer wins! Congratulations to them.

This will be added to the OP, and you can read it again for yourself here.

---------------

Job #52: Submit a new mode!

We have Tournament, Free Match and our mission mode currently, but we need another brand spanking new mode to showcase.

You have 24 hours to get a new mode in!

-------------

Job #53: Submit a Stadium from a Sega game that debuted in 1980s

We're looking to expand our stadium options. Submit a stadium idea from a Sega title in the 1980s, remembering to include information about gimmicks and what sort of audience members will be overseeing the football action.

You have 24 hours to get your stadiums in!

---------

Lastly, remember we're doing movesets all this week for Amy Rose, Bayonetta, Space Michael, B.D. Joe and Ecco.

Thanks to osby osby for making a moveset for Amy! We still need the others though so get your movesets in!

That's all for now, seeya tomorrows Sega Sports fans!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 52: Management Mode

This is a football game. Sega has a football management sim. Now, I do think that's a bit much for this game, as Football Manager is loaded with spreadsheets, stats, and other guff, BUT I think it'd be super fun to have a simplified version of it in this game that's a bit silly too! After all, plenty of Sega games have business-management minigames!

My main sources of inspiration for this mode are the wrestling video games Wrestling Empire and its Booking Mode and Smackdown Vs. RAW 2006, which had a mode called "GM Mode". In both modes you play as a General Manager of a wrestling company, hiring people to a wrestling brand, booking shows, and competing against others to get the most ratings. Wrestling Empire is the big one I'll be looking at here, because it's more than just stats and ratings, it has a really entertaining and silly mechanic where members of your roster come up to you to ask for favors, trades, pay raises, etc.

Anyway, I see this as a mode where you play as Football Manager himself as seen in the Racing games, and what you do is you form a club by picking the name, team colors and various other options (perhaps even a list of Sega locations they can be based out of), and then you get to drafting players. You have a budget you go through to hire players, and once you have a team it's your job to keep them happy and get them to the world cup. You keep them happy through the usual stat management - deciding where to put each member of your team position-wise, competing in matches that either you or a CPU can play, all the while fielding the press and answering emails from your roster members.

I think things would have to get really comical and fun. There would be a ton of random situations to deal with as the Football Manager as the season's calendar ticks away. Perhaps AiAi has lost his bananas and you have to hire a private eye to get them back. Perhaps two members of your team aren't seeing eye-to-eye and you have to moderate an argument to get them to get along again. Perhaps there's a press conference - and the only member of the team available to speak at it is one who doesn't do public speaking at all! Does Nights want a pay raise? Does Kiryu have a tempting contract offer from another club? The life of a Football Manager is never dull, and as you advance through the season it's your job to take care of all of this and more.

In the end, it's your job to stay on budget and make the best team you can, train your club members, form bonds, and appreciate the cameos from other SEGA characters that may not be playable along the way. We have plenty of great reporters that could join press conferences, for example, and perhaps we could take everyone to Bob's Pizza for winning a particularly tough game! It's up to you to figure out how to keep your team happy and win that world cup!

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #52: Create-a-Striker
maxresdefault (2) (8).jpg

maxresdefault (2) (7).jpg

maxresdefault (2) (6).jpg

So, feel free to reject this idea if this counts as more of a "new character" than a new mode, but I was thinking a little about Virtua Striker and how he is not really as much of a defined character as he is a representation of what a real player would be. While I'd still pull for him as the Ultimate Soccer Man in this game, he's basically going to be a blank slate and defined by whoever does his moveset. It gave me an idea.

FIFA as well as Captain Tsubasa actually has their own create a character mode, and Football Manager let's you create your manager's appearence, which I think we should pull from. I want to give the player ten slots, just enough for two whole soccer teams, and then from there, let them pick the look and playstyle of their Virtua Striker. They can make them look like themselves, a real life player, or even like, some other SEGA character or even just Goku.

I really want to give them a ton of parts to customize their character down to creating their own kit, their stats, and picking out a selection of super moves from a pool of generic moves. Some costume parts you can put on to make them look like SEGA characters who DON'T get into this game, and we can even allow people to change from a human to a Sonic-like anthropomorphic character so you can create your Sonic Forces OC or a fully accurate MIGHTY THE ARMADILLO if you're sad he didn't get into the game*.

*Mighty the Armadillo might still get into the game

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #53: Lucasia Field (Space Harrier)
Spcae Harrier.png

WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE!

There's a lot of open space in this big empty fantasy dimension, so building a football field should be a piece of cake, although some would question why in such an icy field. The one-eyed wooly mammoths watching you play are happy at least. Your players won't have to worry about the ice, as it's heavily salted to keep it easy on your cleats, but that doesn't mean there are no challenges here. Big floating patches of ice will form over time in a few areas that freeze you if you run into them, and various robots and alien ships will try and knock the ball out of your hands. I'd say they favor the other team, but they do that for the other team, so they may just not understand the rules of Football.

Thankfully, you're given a very easy way to deal with all these guys. Kicking the ball into the ice blocks, robots, or ships will make them disappear, but be ready to take that ball back immediately after.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day over!

Firstly, Lucasia Field (Space Harrier) as our only entry for job #53 wins by default, Congratulations to PuyoWitch PuyoWitch on their successful submission!

And here are our new mode options(aka Job #52)!
  • Management Mode has you play as the Football Manager as you manage your wacky group of oddball strikers, defenders, midfielders and goalkeepers and try to keep them happy. With mild Sim elements, this mode has you essentially interact with our wonderful cast of characters. Submitted by our own Football Manager, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Create-A-Striker Mode has you do exactly that, create your own striker. Featuring dozens of options from realistic humans to cartoon hedgehogs, you can truly let your imagination run wild with this one. Submitted by the creative mind of a half realistic human, half cartoon hedgehog PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
I'll be honest, these are both awesome modes. Vote for your favourite, as unfortunately there can only be one winner this round! Please vote here.

Job #54:

Today marks a great milestone here in Smashboards Creates, our Sega Sister thread Battle of Ages not only turned one year old today, but also finished it's base roster today too!

To celebrate, we're going to show some love. Please submit a member of the Battle of Ages roster as a playable striker:

Roster-by-series.jpg

Do note the following roster members are disqualified due to already being on our roster as we do have some overlap already.
Sonic, Tails, Kiryu, Alicia Melchiott, Bayonetta, Alex Kidd, Opa-Opa, Ryo Hazuki, NiGHTS, Ulala, AiAi, Princess Kurumi, Blue Dragon.

This leaves you with the following options:
  • Knuckles
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Akira Yuki
  • Sarah Bryant
  • Jacky Bryant
  • Ichiban Kasuga
  • Joker
  • Aigis
  • Raidou Kuzunoha
  • Axel Stone
  • Blaze Fielding
  • Selvaria Bles
  • Vyse
  • Nei
  • Sakura Shinguji
  • Arle Nadja
  • Beat
  • Gilius Thunderhead
  • Joe Musashi
  • Asha
  • Bowie
  • Temjin
  • Rikiya Busujima
Please select a player from the above list and submit them! You have 24 hours!

That's all for now Sega Sports Fans! Seeya tomorrow!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 54: Nei (Phantasy Star)

1649771944173.png

Nei is one of the first of the Numan race to appear in the Phantasy Star series, as a major character in Phantasy Star II. She is a fast-aging catlike creature with great reflexes and healing magic, and her role in the story has caused her to be a fan favorite with her outfit and even Nei herself cameoing in various capacities in other games in the series.

Honestly, I just like her. Phantasy Star II is an important game for me and Nei is just really neat! I like her. I like to see her.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #54: Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)

1649772533786.png

The primary heroine of the Sakura Wars for SEGA Saturn and the face of the series in practice. Sakura is a young swordfighter who came to the capital of Japan in order to fight demons and work as an actor to fund her combat revue while at it. With how consistently popular she is for the last decades, she makes a good amount of sense.

Sakura Wars was never a series that shied away from goofy minigames and fun distractions for its cast so I don't think it's much of a stretch to see Sakura playing football, maybe picking it up from her European friends.

Battle of AGES character:
Gilius Thunderhead

1649788757205.png

This Miner Dwarf that resides the world of Yuria and one of 3 playable characters of Golden Axe series. His twin brother died in hands of Death Adder and he needs to team up with Tyirs and Ax battle to defeat the Evil Death Adder.
Gilius Thunderhead is not afraid of SEGA Crossovers, since he appeared in Sonic "Worlds Unite" comics, SEGA Superstar Tennis, SEGA Allstars Racing Transformed and now discontinued SEGA Heroes.

So, Gilius would have potential on Soccer field, since he is no stranger to sports and he actually would fit in. He would use lightning magic, his Axe and Rock magic as his moves that would be used on field Wilhite playing Gilius Thunderhead, the legend of 1980's SEGA Arcade game Godlen Axe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IchibanKasuga.png

Ichiban Kasuga

The star of the hit game Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Ichiban is so extremely different to Kiryu that he could easily stand out on our roster. A low level Yazuka who is sent to prison and is let out years later only to find his clan betrayed, having to fight back against a grand conspiracy. He a is a huge JRPG fan, which leads to the turn based gameplay of his game, this could be reflected in his moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
joe mama

Job #12: Joe Musashi (Shinobi)

View attachment 346166

Joseph Musashi is the main protagonist of the Shinobi series. Originally a weak young boy, he grew up to become a respected ninja through hard work and determination. He steps up to fight the terrorist organization Zeed after learning that they’re kidnapping the children of his clan. While the soccer field might not seem like a place for a ninja, you can’t deny that darting around the field as ninja football player and pulling off various ninjutsu would be cool as hell.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #54: Beat (JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOO)
Beat.png

Grinding in at the last second.

So, I think we can all agree Jet Set Radio needs a representative beyond DJ Professor K. There are other reps, but Beat IS the mascot, and the most popular one. I think we can argue for more JSR reps, but he needs to at least be in. I think other than him just being an obvious pick, the biggest hurdle against a playable JSR rep is the fact that you can do cool skating maneuvers or spray people in the face with spray cans, but you can't really do much grinding on the soccer field.

You would be able to slide around on the actual goalpost, but the individual arenas would all need to have specific environments to make an ability of that have any use, but that's kind of the main mechanic of JSR, so I would get around this by making him able to glide around on psychic force walls or psychic airwaves. You could argue Jet the Hawk would do better for this, but JSR is enough of a crowd-pleaser, I think it's worth giving him this power. You could even just do physical walls and railings, but they would manifest as you make contact with them.

Now, should roller skates be allowed on the soccer field? I mean, that's up to senior referee Bug™, but it's not like the GG's ever listened to what the authority has had to say before.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day over!

Firstly, our new mode is Management Mode. Congratulations to our winner Flyboy Flyboy for an incredibly close victory! Create a Striker may get in yet, but we'll have to wait and see!

Let's look at our Battle of Ages submissions:
  • Knuckles, known for blatant lying about chuckling is here. As a guardian of the Master Emerald perhaps he'd be equally suited to guarding the goal? He brought his own gloves after all. Submitted by his manager and ancient leader of the Knuckles tribe, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Nei is here to show exactly what a Numan can do. She's fast, she's deadly, she's had...a really really hard life to be honest guys. Poor girl. Still, with Rolf no doubt cheering his adoptive sister on, she'll do her best to make him proud. Submitted by her manager and clone facility operator, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Temjin, the cool robot is here. Wow, he's cool. A combat bot, and the perfected version of DN Corp's first VR Model. This version's a little defected though, as he's been reworked into a sporting model rather than full combat! Submitted by his manager and cool robot enthusiast, Speed Weed Speed Weed
  • Sakura Shinguji the star of the Flower Division, and a rising star on the stage has arrived to take center stage on the pitch instead. She's used to slaying demons and driving giant robots so hopefully she doesn't attempt to pilot Temjin whilst on the field! Submitted by her manager and ticket puncher osby osby
  • Gilius Thunderhead is taking a break from taking on Death Adder to take on the various rivals he has here at Sega Superstars World Cup! A powerful and determined individual, Gilius is sure to bring the thunder! Submitted by his manager and Chicken Leg rancher, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Asha went on a quest to become a fierce warrior. To do this she needed to complete the trials of the Tower of Silence. However, her final trial wasn't to defeat the Centipede woman(who I imagine would be great here with all those legs) but to prove her worth on the turf! Submitted by her manager and secret king of Rapadagna, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Ichiban Kasuga may be a huge JRPG fan, but let's hope he realises that this is not a turn based sport. With the ability to call in support from his friends and...probably the audience, Kasuga is an imaginative player who's creative thinking will no doubt lead to some incredible sporting moments! Submitted by his manager and fellow Dragon Quest fanatic. @Darkonedagger
  • Joe Musashi has taken on everyone from (legally distinct) Batman, to (legally distinct) Spiderman and even (legally distinct) Godzilla. Now he's about to take on his weirdest opponents yet on the field with (legally distinct) Ball Monkey and (legally distinct) Fast Cyan Spikymouse as his opponents. Submitted by his manager and ninja memelord OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
  • Beat is set to tag some people on his turf, and listen to DJ Professor K sing his praises once more as he tells his opponents GG, and uses a spraycan to sign some autographs for the audience. He may want to consider tweaking his footwear just this once...you ever tried rollerblading on grass? Difficult. But hey, we don't want to cramp his style, and Bug's ruling is boots are 'recommended' rather than 'required'. Submitted by his manager and spray paint shop owner, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
Please vote for your top three with your own in third at highest. You have 24 hours.

No new job today. Sorry to say but I'm sick as a dog so this week may be a little hit and miss.

A reminder though that the moveset job for Amy Rose, Bayonetta, Space Michael, B.D. Joe and Ecco is still in play. You have until Sunday to get your movesets in.

That's all for now Sega Sports fans! See you tomorrow where we will have a new job!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Sakura
2. Beat
3. Knuckles

Last edited by a moderator:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Ecco the Dolphin
1649807923989.png

Media Nickname: Defender of the Future

Stats:
Speed:
Strength: 5
Defense: 3
Shooting: 8
Passing: 6
Skill: 4

Ecco moves by swimming through the air. He can't move too fast due to this, and he has very low defense in reference to how really difficult Ecco is (you'll be hurt a lot). However, his shooting and passing are pretty good, as Ecco always kicks with his tail.

Super-Star Move: Vortex
Ecco circles in the air, building up speed, before launching himself straight up for a high jump! As he performs an acrobatic front flip, he suddenly activates a Vortex! This Vortex starts sucking in all kinds of debris...and the ball. As Ecco is stuck in the Vortex, the ball eventually reaches him. He grabs the ball with his flippers and starts using the spinning Vortex to build up more and more speed, until...just as the Vortex stops its suction, Ecco blasts off of it with heavy velocity! With just one more backflip, he smashes his tail into the ball, sending it rocketing towards the goal. Ecco crashes to the ground, but luckily, he finds some fish he eats real quick to heal back up with before continuing.

All-Star Move: Ecco-location
With this, Ecco releases a sonar beam, which functions as a projectile. This projectile will temporarily stun other players it comes into contact with, and even completely halts the ball's momentum if it hits the ball or the player in possession of it!

Star-Burst Move: Aquatic Acrobatics
Ecco starts performing loop-de-loops in the air, causing his momentum to increase. After about five loops, he regains control, and for a few seconds his speed stat will be doubled. This buff automatically cancels if he comes into possession of the ball, though.

Goal-Star Move: Tidal Wave
Ecco is really not an effective goalkeeper under usual circumstances, primarily due to his slim body, his awkward movement, and the fact that his "air-swimming" always puts him above the ground a ways. So to make up for this, he's got a pretty wide-reaching Goal-Star. In it, Ecco somehow manages to summon a tidal wave filled with a dolphin pod that rushes along the field. The wave is the same width as the field, and pushes everyone but Ecco away from the goal. If one of the dolphins hits someone, it will knock them over. The biggest disadvantage to this is that this also affects Ecco's teammates, and it does not remove the ball from someone's possession.

Goal Victories:
  1. Ecco swims around in a figure-eight pattern, making happy dolphin sounds.
  2. Ecco swims through a group of fish that are also somehow swimming through the air here. He eats a few of them as he passes through.
  3. Ecco places his tail on the ground and pretends to "walk" like everyone else. He can't pull it off for too long, and afterwards he seems to be laughing at how silly he looked.

MVP:
Ecco swims around at high speeds before leaping into the air to perform acrobatic maneuvers. A few other dolphins appear alongside him, too!

Losing:
  1. Ecco sinks to the ground and lays down with a sad expression on his face.
  2. Ecco suddenly gets caught in a harsh current! He tries to swim away, but it drags him off...
  3. Ecco looks around in confusion. Suddenly, a conch shell falls from the sky and "conks" him on the head! Starfish circle around his dazed head...

Kit:
Ecco only wears a simple jersey that is colored a bright lagoon blue.

I just gotta say that I'm extremely happy that Ecco made the cut. I really love this dolphin.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
checks watch Okay, I think it's safe to call it a little early for this one:

Daaaaay over! Here are the results of our Battle of Ages celebration:
  • Knuckles: 6
  • Nei: 8
  • Temjin: 3
  • Sakura: 15
  • Gilius: 1
  • Asha: 0
  • Kasuga: 2
  • Joe: 0
  • Beat: 8
And with that it seems Sakura Shinguji will take center stage as our latest signing! Congratulations to osby osby for their victory!

-------------------------

Today's task is going to be another holiday special:

Job #55: Submit a special Easter related character
Yep, you heard me right. Today we're going to be selecting another player, this time Easter related. What does that mean? It means if the character has some association with one of the following, they're valid for this task:
  • Rabbits/bunnys (we'll accept hares too)
  • Chickens
  • Lambs
  • Eggs
  • Egg laying species who aren't chickens
    • Birds
    • Reptiles
    • Dinosaurs
    • Fish
    • Insects
    • Echidnas
    • Platypus
  • Chocolate
  • Crosses...I suppose?
Which actually covers a surprising amount of Sega characters. Get your Easter entries in! You have 24 hours to submit them.

Lastly a reminder that movesets for Amy Rose, Bayonetta, Space Michael, B.D. Joe and Ecco are still open.
We have entries for both Amy and Ecco, but Bayo, MJ and B.D. are still in need of those movesets. You have until Sunday to get those movesets in!

Alright, that's all for now folks! Seeya tomorrow Sega Sports Fans!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Character #14: Bayonetta

1649913675583.png

Media Nickname: Famed Umbra Witch

Stats:
Speed:
Strength: 8
Defense: 3
Passing: 5
Skill: 6

Super-Star Move: Umbran Climax
Bayonetta makes a beckoning gesture and then transforms into a swarm of bats with Bat Within, pivoting in a large circle. If she connects with the ball, she transforms back and kicks it high into the air. Following the ball by sprouting butterfly wings, she turns her back, crosses her arms behind her head, and uses her Wicked Weave attack to form a large magic circle in which her demon Madame Butterfly's enormous leg will emerge. Despite wearing high heels, its sheer size is enough to kick the ball with enough speed that unless it's blocked with a super move, it will net two points and leave a crater where it crashes. During this move she may exclaim "Kiss this!" or "Smashing!".

All-Star Move: Iron Maiden
Bayonetta shouts "LEVITHMONG" and poses, creating five magic circles on the ground around her in a star shape. If an opponent steps on them, an iron maiden will sprout behind them and trap them inside. The maiden then will burp, shake comically and explode in a manner that can knock other players around. If Bayonetta is right near an opponent, she will just kick them inside an iron maiden.

Star-Burst Move: Witch Time
Bayonetta draws a magic circle in the air with her finger, causing a large area around her to the swallowed by a purple vortex. An old-fashioned clock face appears on the screen, indicating how much time she has. While Witch Time is active, Bayonetta can move at incredible (relative) speed, and dodging other players at the last second will slightly extend her timer. During which, she may say, "Can't touch me!" or "So close!".

Goal-Star Move: Gomorrah, Devourer of the Divine
Bayonetta shouts "AVAVAGO" and summons Gomorrah, a giant demonic reptilian from a magic circle behind her. When summoned, Gomorrah slashes in front of the goalpost twice with its claws and then roars mightily, pushing back anything in front of Bayonetta. Gomorrah's range is immense but it's also quite telegraphed so one has to be mindful of when to use it.

Goal Victories:
  1. Bayonetta performs a pirouette before making a pose by aiming her guns in front of herself, saying, "That all you got?" or "You're making it easy."
  2. Bayonetta performs Break Dance and then crouches with her hand resting on her cheek, saying "Dreadful." or "Don't make me beg."
  3. Bayonetta makes a small dance while turning away from the screen and then looking over her shoulder, saying "Miss me, baby?" or “In these heels?”

MVP:
Bayonetta performs a long dance based on her encounter with Joy, finishing by resting on the ground and raising one of her legs up. She then disappears in a flash and is shown laughing on a tombstone. She runs a hand through her hair ribbons, blows a kiss to the camera, and asks "Not a fan of witches?"

Losing:
  1. Bayonetta scoffs and says "I hate crybabies," before turning into Bat Within and leaving.
  2. Bayonetta sarcastically claps, rolls her eyes, and says "And I was wearing my Sunday bests."
  3. A portal opens under Bayonetta and skeletal hands pull her under while she's down, dragging her to... uh, let's say Shadow Realm.

Kit:
Bayonetta's kit is reminiscent of her gym uniform costume, albeit with longer shorts. Her jersey is mainly white with dark red accents while her shorts are the opposite. She also wears white cleats, black socks and a red ribbon tied around left her arm.

Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic)

Well, Knuckles is one of supporting side charactersof Sonic franchise and he is an Echidna that protects Master emerald from being stolen by Dr. Eggman. He is also one of Most recurring character that appear frequently after his debut in Sonic 3 on Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.

Knuckles won't have any problems in a soccer game, since he would dig under the field and kick the ball in air. But there's a hook, since Knuckles uses his fists, he won't going to touch the ball with hands because of cheating, unless he is a goalkeeper, so he coukd use his hands to defend the goal.

I nominate Knuckles, because he fits the prompt as egg-laying Echidna that comes from Sonic franchise as another character. Besides that, he appeared in Sonic Movie 2, so it would spice up his inclusion for Sega Soccer game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was initially going to propose Cream for this job but we just added Amy so I think she can wait. So here he is instead:

Job #55: Vincent Brooks (Catherine)

1649917756388.png

Now, Vincent might be a bachelor in his 30s with no genuine life ambitions, no carrier development opportunities, and no impulse control but he can also run away from his problems really fast! He's the dream football player! And also a dream sheep.

Vincent is the protagonist of Catherine, a 2011 game that marries an unconventional romantic horror story with surreal puzzle sections. He needs to navigate through a bizarre love triangle (rectangle in the remake) involving his fiancee and a mysterious woman he met in a bar during the day while trying to climb a Babylonian tower made of blocks at night. As a sheep. Trying not to die.

Catherine is one of the more unique ATLUS titles and despite how dark and mature it can get, Vincent's presentation is goofy enough to fit this game. For the Easter theme, well, Vince is a sheep so that counts? Also, this is a stretch but lambs in Christianity symbolizing the resurrection following a sacrifice actually have Semitic roots which actually has a connection with Catherine due to the game's heavy use of Mesopotamian mythology.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
So, this more like 80% Moonwalker + Real Life Michael 20% Space Channel 5. Still, I don't think anything in this moveset feel out of place for a Space Channel 5 character, either. Plus, in canon Space Michael is literally a 500-year-old Michael Jackson, so I think it's fair to make him more of a general Michael tribute.

Character #15: Space Michael
Space Michael.png

Media Nickname:
The Super Star King of Pop

Stats:
Speed:
Strength: 2
Defense: 2
Passing: 6
Skill: 9

Super-Star Move: Beat It
A spotlight falls on Michael in the stadium and everyone in the arena pauses to watch him. Space Michael slowly steps forward slowly, lighting up the ground below him as he walks on it like in the Billie Jean music video. With a "BANG", Michael strikes the ball by casually lifting his leg out in front of him, his 'kick' launching the ball across the field. After a crotch grab, and a pose, the arena goes back to normal.

All-Star Move: Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Michael spins around in a circle several times on the field, before the match's timer inexplicably pauses. Michael teleports to the middle of the screen and everyone currently on screen with Michael runs behind him to be his backup singer for an impromptu dance break on the field. Depending on the field, a remix of whatever its theme would be played, and they (man in the) mirror Michael's movements. Right after finishing the dance number, Michael poses and shouts, before every one of his 'backup dancers' collapses from exhaustion, taking them out of the game for a little bit. Immediately afterward, the timer continues. There are a few easter eggs with this move. If Ebitan or a horror monster is caught in this, there's a 30% chance they will all do the Thriller dance, and if a criminal is caught up in it, there will be a 30% chance Michael will lead them into the Smooth Criminal dance. So on and so forth.

Star-Burst Move: Smooth Criminal
While he has the ball in his possession, Michael quickly turns around and begins to Moonwalk, kicking the ball behind him with his heels, as he sparkles. While in this mode, the chief avoids any attack thrown at him, not reacting to it in the slightest. If you activate this the exact second an opponent uses an attack on you, it will also have Michael several meters slide down the field, or if you're close enough to the goal that it would move you past it, he instead does a hard slide to the left or right, depending on what side of the arena he's on.

Goal-Star Move: Dangerous
When the goal star move is summoned, the chief stops time once again and shows off his dance moves to the crowd and the other players. As it finishes, it summons a shooting star that hits him from out of the sky. As it makes contact, an animation plays out and Space Michael turns into a giant mecha version of himself, before restarting the timer. This does lower your overall speed, but In addition to covering up more of the goal, you get a new button prompt to shoot out missiles to blast back the ball if it comes near you. While this doesn't happen in Space Channel 5, it fits the sci-fi theme and Mecha Jackson actually happens in Moonwalker, both the game and the movie it's based on.

Goal Victories:
  1. Michael spins around and poses. If Ulala is on your team, she will do the dance with him, and he will comment "Thank you, You-la la"
  2. Michael moonwalks and then poses. If Ulala is on your team, she will do the dance with him, and he comments "Nice dance You-la la! HOO!"
  3. Michael does the smooth criminal lean, and then stands up and poses. If Ulala is on your team, you guessed it, she will do the dance with him, and he shouts an "OWWW!" to the crowd

MVP: Michael ascends with his jetpack, leaving a trail of stars behind, as the lights in the arena dim and a spotlight falls on him once more. He entertains the crowd by spinning in the air and doing a 'greatest hits' of his most famous dance moves before sticking his hand up into the air and asking "Who's bad?"

Losing:
  1. Michael falls down from exhaustion and onto his stomach, similar to the game over for the Moonwalker arcade cabinet. He sighs, frustrated.
  2. Michael falls to the ground mirroring the pose of the secret hostages in Space Channel 5 when they are first saved.
  3. Michael grabs his head as his body turns blue and purple stars swirl around his head, like when he's brainwashed by the Rhythm Rogues.

Kit:
It's white on the side and blue in the middle, similar to his Moonwalker suit, with a blue Space Channel 5 logo in the middle, and blue cuffs to his shirt with SC5 on it to match his space channel 5 logo. He also has one white glove and black and white cleats.

HEE HEE

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Character #17: B.D. Joe
1649930785698.png

Media Nickname: Jolly Cabbie of the West Coast.

Stats:
Speed:
Strength: 3
Defense: 2
Shooting: 7
Passing: 8
Skill: 7

Super-Star Move: Crazy Stunt
B.D. Joe whistles as his taxi hop into the field from out of the screen, hitting anyone in front of him. He makes a car do a donut and if the move connects with the ball, he rides full speed to the goalpost, the ball on the backseat. After a few sharp turns, jumps, and near-crashes, he announces “Here’s your stop!” and brakes to a halt… sending the ball flying to the sky... only to fall down, where B.D. Joe sends it to the goal with a handstand kick!

All-Star Move: Spare Tire
B.D. Joe pulls out a car tire and throws it forward, rolling it on the ground. It will act as a second ball for a short while on the field. Its physiques are a bit wonkier and cannot actually score any points but if kicked towards an opponent with the ball, it will force them to kick the tire instead. Players on B.D. Joe's side also can use their special moves on it.

Star-Burst Move: Hop to Go
B.D. Joe moves aside just in time as his cab lands down with a crash. He hops onto it and rides it for a while before jumping out again. The taxi can't take sharp turns but it's quite fast and hit opponents on its way, carrying them for a while to incapacitate them. After B.D. Joe gets out, the car continues to move until it hits a wall.

Goal-Star Move: Road Work
B.D. Joe whistles with his fingers as several "STOP", "Sharp Turn Ahead", and "One-Way Street" signs sprout from the ground in front of his goalpost. These signs will not only stop any attempts from the opposing team to score a goal dead in its tracks, each different sign also makes the ball go in a different direction.

Goal Victories:
  1. B.D. Joe does a short dance in his place before finishing with a pose similar to his render.
  2. B.D. Joe is seen drumming an oil can. He then waves cheerily and exclaims "Feels good!"
  3. B.D. Joe stops the ball under his foot and makes a calling sign to the camera, saying "Call me anytime!"

MVP:
B.D. Joe makes his car drift in place and does a donut before leaning outward from the door and giving a thumbs-up and a grin. He can occasionally say “I’m a miracle man!”

Losing:
  1. B.D. Joe sighs and takes his hat off to scratch his head, mumbling "Feels bad, man."
  2. B.D. Joe sits on a deflated tire and slaps his knee in frustration.
  3. B.D. Joe shrugs and dusts himself, saying "That's as far as we can go."
Kit:
B.D. Joe's kit is quite similar to his casual clothes, with a blue-and-white jersey, red cleats, and dark red shorts. He also wears white arm guards, along with his sunglasses and hat.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 55: Alfred the Great (Thrones of Britannia: A Total War Saga)
1649954812217.png

"Crosses...I suppose?" is what you said, and so crosses you are going to get. King Alfred, ruler of the Anglo-Saxons, fighter of Vikings, and the one who united the Isles, is here to bring his noble leadership and legendary tenacity to the field. He may be a warrior king, but he was an honorable and education-minded one, seen as gracious and of sound mind who believed in trustworthy individuals leading the church and kingdom.

I'll be honest, there's just something about the exaggerated historical fiction of the Total War series that fascinates me, and we have precedent of Total War and similar getting represented in games like this, and also I think it'd be funny to have a king clanking about the field.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Looks like we have something that lays eggs, a 'lost lamb', a chicken(of sorts) and a cross...

All we need is the Easter Bunny...

soooo...

Job 55: Professor Asobin
Asobin.png

I also was tempted to submit Cream who I feel is very underrated, but this rabbit, aka, Sega's very first mascot, is also a character worth inclusion. Yes, before Sonic the Hedgehog, before Alex Kidd, before even Opa-Opa, we had this helpful hint hare plastered over nearly all the gaming manuals giving useful tips to early gamers.

Outside of printed media, Asobin's also put in cameos in SEGAGAGA and Sega Hard Girls where he appears as a...well...a professor. Heck, the Sega Hard Girl, Mark III is even modelled after him wielding a magical tophat and spewing out retro characters.

You have just under 3 hours to get your submissions in!

D

Deleted member

Chomp_by_million_mons_project-db83ujj.png

Chomp (Dinosaur King)
Yep. Dinosuar King was created by Sega. Originally starting out as a card based arcade game using similar technology to the popular game Mushiking. Some may know it more for the anime adaption with the ear piercingly catching theme song. While it make more sense on paper to go with Max. Chomp is a cutie and can also transform into a big Triceratops. His status may be an issue as iirc he appeared in the anime first.
de3reoi-40aa278a-1466-4804-93b6-050e96245693.png

Top Bottom