• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SEGA Superstars World Cup (Current Jobs: Amigo/Sakura/Chomp/Knuckles/Nei/Elenor movesets and collectables!)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Blue Dragon mini - oh my god he's so cute!!!! He's so cute
2. Ferdinand Social - Vampire is such a bizarre little game. I love how many weird things made it onto the Game Gear.
3. El - Monster summoners unite!

I'm really excited for the 32x/Mega CD job as I actually love both systems, especially the 32X. I'm going to think on this one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Blue Dragon
  2. Dr. Ferdinand
  3. Princess Iris
Job #38: Tempo

1648100111726.png

Tempo is an action platformer game made for SEGA 32X and released in 1995. The story is simple: Titular protagonist Tempo is a grasshopper trying to win a dancing contest with his girlfriend Katy and has to dodge the minions of the evil King Dirge (who wants the trophy all for himself) to win the grand prize.

Tempo can glide with his wings, kick music notes as projectiles, and dance to turn his enemies into coins. His girlfriend also helps him on certain occasions. I think Tempo has a pretty cute design and would fit rather well into this game with his kicks. His game garnered praise for its visuals so there's also potential for a home field.

1648100501103.png

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
So, I love the Sega CD and 32X, honestly. When SEGA failed at a console, they usually did something really cool with it. I loved how Saturn felt more focused on arcade-like experiences, but had tons of unique and interesting games to it, Dreamcast's library and innovation was incredible, and in the case of Sega CD and 32X, I think you need to appreciate weird games to get beyond Sonic CD and Snatcher, but they had that in spades. My all-time favorite CD entries were all mostly FMV games from third-party studios like Konami, Data East, Digital Pictures, and Wolf Team (who later changed their name to Namco Tales Studios before merging with main studio Bandai Namco). That said, Sega did a lot of good on them. Sega CD had the aforementioned Sonic CD and the original SHIN Megami Tensei. 32X had Knuckles Chaotix and Virtua Fighter's first time on a console. I hope we get a fair amount of submissions.

I am submitting none of that and going for another obscure pick, but I have a good reason.

Job #38: Amon (Dark Wizard)
Amon Dark Wizard.png

Dark Wizard was a Sega developed tactical RPG in the vein of Fire Emblem only for the Sega CD, and just like in modern Fire Emblem, there's multiple routes to the game. Four routes, in fact, each with their own protagonist. The story centers around a dark god summoned by an evil priest, before he was defeated and the dark god was sealed in a jewel. Unfortunately, it had to be looked over so it never fell into the wrong hands, and the task of who was chosen to look after that jewel for eternity was the immortal wizard's apprentice as punishment for practicing the dark arts. The game here starts many years later when that apprentice has been corrupted by the dark god, and takes over the world as...THE DARK WIZARD.

Each protagonist has their own unique story of how they look to bring him down. You have Armer IX, the prince of the country, Robin, who is the leader of the knights, Krystal, a sorceress, and Amon, who is a vampire with his own agenda. Their stories all contradict each other, so there's no real canonical route, for the record. I could have picked any of these protagonists. They all seem great, but after going back and forth, I really think Amon is the one to go with on it. His nickname is 'The Puppet Master', and sometimes he spices it up with the 'Dark Puppet Master', and his whole thing is that he's just mad The Dark Wizard rules the world. In spite of the fact that vampires are only showing up again because the Dark Wizard has power. He both acts like and even sounds like Starscream. His story has him get his army to challenge the Dark Wizard by killing and then impersonating the King.

He's a classic vampire. Transformation, hypnosis, attacks people with fangs, flies, you get the whole deal with him. He even gets a "Vampire form" he turns into when his powers REALLY come out. Although, he also doesn't seem to be affected by sunlight, which...I guess is a good thing for this game.

Amon Dark Wizard2.png

Did I mention he also has the best theme in a game with a bunch of really great music? It hasn't aged amazingly, but this game is still cool if you want a TRPG away from the 'big' franchises.

Master of Puppets.jpg

D

Deleted member

Akira Yuki
We don't have any fighting game characters on this roster. Virtua Fighter is one of Sega's biggest franchises. Having a martial artist on the soccer feild could lead to some interesting moves.

Amy Rose (Sonic CD)

That's right, Sonic's girlfriend that she is so obsessed with Sonic due to his heroic role. She is a pink female Hedgehog that wields a hammer as weapon.
She debuted on SEGA CD in 1993, which she fits the prompt.

She could fit in the soccer game as third Sonic rep and another female Character in the game. She could kick the ball or hit it with her hammer (Is it allowed? Of course. (ADVICE: DON'T TRY IT IN REAL LIFE ON SOCCER MATCH!) To shoot the goal with no problems.
I also want to submit her because I've imagined her one of winning poses, where she hugs Sonic so hard the he blushes and grunts at the same time.

Votes:
1. Blue Dragon Mini
2. Princess Iris
3. Fang (I like him)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #38: Virtua Racer (Virtua Racing Deluxe)

First, some background. Yes, Virtua Racing was originally an arcade game. However, Virtua Racing Deluxe was a 32X launch title, and at the time was the best home port of Virtua Racing out there. In fact, that's something super cool about the 32X - it actually had some of the BEST arcade ports period until the Saturn was launched. Star Wars Arcade and WWF Wrestlemania are both amazing, and it also has my favorite version of After Burner ever made in After Burner Complete. Seriously, give that game a shot if you haven't.

So, Virtua Racing Deluxe was a great arcade port and it even included two new tracks and two extra cars! Virtua Racing is a very influential racing game and can be seen as a foundational piece for the genre. That said, well, it's all about the cars...there are no actual characters in this game. But y'know what? That just gives me an excuse to be creative.

1648142297630.png

So, these are the cars in Virtua Racing Deluxe. I'm not going to submit the cars themselves, because I want to leave room for Hornet because a car playing soccer is funny. That said, we can glean two things from this:

1. Red, white, and blue color scheme
2. Polygonal

So...a car can't operate without a driver, and here's what a normal Formula One driver looks like...

A racing suit, helmet, covered in logos...so why not pull a Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing and create our own driver to represent Virtua Racing? He could have a red-white-and-blue jumpsuit patterned after the cars, it could be covered in logos of our Sponsorship companies and the Sega logo, and he could even have a pleasant blocky appearance to help him stand out and reference the original game's look! And his specials could involve speedy passes and even being able to bring his F1 car onto the field! Speedy and resilient, that's the name of the game!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
My votes:
1. Fang (sorry I just really like Fang)
2. Princess Iris
3. Ferdinand

whistle blows

The day ends!

Alright, let's take a look at our Game Gear player results:
  • Dr. Ferdinand: 6
  • El: 4
  • Fang: 6
  • Princess Iris: 11
  • Blue Dragon (mini): 21
So it appears the adorable mini blue dragon is our latest signing! Adorable!

Job 38: 32X/Sega/Mega CD player:

• WIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLDDD WOOOOOOODY is here to erase the competition, get to the point and wants to...ironically, avoid a draw on the field. We'll let him sketch out his own path to victory, but mermaid pics are absolutely banned on this pitch. Submitted by his manager and stationary shop owner Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Tempo is keeping up the tempo of great picks, as grasshoppers are well known for their strong hind legs. He may have the beat, but has he got the competition beat? Only time will tell. Submitted by his manager and insect DJ, osby osby
  • Amon has arrived and is probably quite relieved Dr. Ferdinand didn't win our last job as this vampire takes to the field. This puppet master has his own agenda for playing in the tournament, although seeing him play football as his game of choice is surprising as there's normally a lack of bats. Submitted by his manager and familiar PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
  • Akira Yuki has decided to work on his kicks, and heard there was a tournament in which to do so. I don't know if he knows tackles aren't the main focus of this tournament, but I'm not going to tell him. I value my ribs in tact. Submitted by his manager and dojo sparring partner @Darkonedagger
  • Amy Rose has followed Sonic onto the field! This spunky pink hedgehog is used to running through lush greenery, and has a hammer and the sheer power to back it up. She naturally wants to show her skills off in front of Sonic too. Submitted by her manager and supplier of giant nails, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Virtua Racer is racing onto the pitch, with helmet on and a competitive spirit in tow! Hopefully didn't misunderstand which football we were playing as the helmet is not standard issue for our version. Regardless, expect this speedster to blaze across the field! Submitted by his manager and pit stop crew member Flyboy Flyboy
Vote for your top 3, with your own in third at highest.

You have 24 hours to get your votes in!

---------------------------------

Job 39: Submit a home stadium based on one of our players!

Let's take a short break from players to get a new stadium. Submit one based on any of our current players including up to Blue Dragon!

You have 24 hours to get your stadium submissions in.

---------------------------------------

Lastly, the moveset job for Ristar, NiGHTS and Ryo Hazuki ends in 24 hours! Winning submissions will be announced then. Ristar still lacks one, so feel free to submit one for him!

Okay, that's all for now! See you tomorrow!

D

Deleted member

1. WIIIIIILLLLD WOODY
2. Amy
3. Akira

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. Akira
2. Virtua Racer
3. WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD WOODY

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Akira
2. Amy
3. WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD WOODY

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This was a really tough one!

1. Tempo
2. Amy Rose
3. Virtua Racer

I'm looking forward to brainstorming some stadiums!

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 39: Niaowu Harbor Stadium (Shenmue)

Niaowu Harbor is a location in Shenmue III, and while that may not be the best-received game in the series I think it's a really beautiful and striking location, especially at night as seen here. Ryo and Shenhua make it to Niaowu in their search for Lan Di, and it is a bustling market town with plenty to do and see and places to train.

This stadium would have been built just off of The Promenade, the main long market road in Niaowu, and off to the sides are concession stands of salespeople hawking their game-related goods. The crowd is full of burly sailors, merchants, and citizens enjoying a day of sport, but a port town does attract some rowdy fans, some of whom may have strong words and even stronger throwing arms if they don't like how you're playing. Watch out for flying snacks!

Harbors are important locations in the series, even going back to the New Yokosuka Harbor, so a stadium based on a recurring location type just makes sense to me.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job 39: Dream Gate Stadium (Nights)

Dream Gate.png

gate.PNG

Welcome new visitors to the Dream Gate Stadium!

This is the hub world in Nights: Journey of Dreams. It may look small here, but it's huge in the game. The layout of the stadium would be a makeshift one built on the brick and grass walkway to the fountain by the Nightopians, which means at the midway point of the stadium you'll see the gate entrance. Then at the end of it, one of the goals would be placed in front of the fountain here. Even though it's nighttime, the stadium would have lighting to fix that. In the reconstruction, however, they moved the doors to other dreams along the sides of the arena. Various Nightopians and Owl will be watching the match intently from the sidelines.

However, there's a gimmick to this stage. Sometimes enemy Nightmarens can pop out of the doors and charge the field, causing you to trip. Watch out for when this happens, as it will change the look of the arena and its hazards.

When the door's open to Aqua Garden (Journey to Dreams), sometimes the bricks will turn watery and covered with moss. Watch out for Seapos and tidal waves that can knock your players down.

When the door's open to Spring Valley (Nights into Dreams), grass grows over the bricks, the stage will turn windy, and a windmill rises up in the background. Be sure to watch out for Shleep and heavy gusts of wind that can send the ball back.

Finally, when the door's open to Stick Canyon (Nights into Dreams), the stadium will cover in sand and cactuses will pop up in the background. In addition to Gao, you will want to look out for sand storm tornados that can knock your players across the field.

Oh, and this is NiGHTS, so let's make this stage's default brick and grass be replaced with a snow-covered stadium if you're playing on Christmas. You can also toggle it on if you want this to be the default. It doesn't come with hazards, but it does come with Santa and his reindeer in the background from time to time.
Dream Gate5.png

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Heads up guys, due to something happening IRL for me at the moment, the day will likely extend a little longer than expected.

Also:
1. Tempo
2. Amy
3. WIIIIIIIIIILD Woody

Thank you, please carry on and get those stadiums in based on our current players!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alright folks, I'm back! It wrapped up quicker than I thought, so let's get riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight into it.

Today's results are as follows!

Job 38: 32X/Mega/Sega CD player:
  • Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild Woody: 19
  • Tempo: 16
  • Amon: 1
  • Akira Yuki: 8
  • Amy Rose: 17
  • Virtua Racer: 11
And with that it seems we've got ourselves a real wild card with Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild Woody as our latest signing! Congratulations to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for pushing the pencil!

----------------------

Job 32: Ristar/NiGHTS/Ryo Hazuki movesets
We got an entry each for both NiGHTS and Ryo, so they win by default! Congratulations to PuyoWitch PuyoWitch and osby osby respectively for their hard work.

Alas, for poor Ristar he's going to the substitute bench with Tails and Kurumi as one of our unlockable characters!

----------------------

Job 39: Home stadiums
It's interesting that not only did NiGHTS and Ryo get movesets this week, they're also the only ones who got their home stadiums submitted.
  • Niaowu Harbor Stadium is a beautiful harbour side stadium that finally gives Ryo Hazuki what he's wanted; a place to find sailors. The audience is rowdy and they're armed to the teeth with snacks. Probably literally. Play your best if you don't want to be stuck in a food fight. Submitted by salty sea dog, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Dream Gate Stadium is a stunning dreamscape stadium based on the HUB world. Watch out for those naughty Nightopians as they'll try to trip you up...and make sure to play during the holidays for a nice Christmas surprise. Submitted by the secret sandman themselves, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
As there's only two I will request you vote via poll today by clicking the link: Ryo vs. NiGHTS

----------------------

Today's job will be our final 'console rep' job...unless there's a particular demand for a Nomad round anyway.

Job #40: Submit a player from the Sega Pico/Advanced Pico Beena
I should point out these SHOULD be Sega characters, so as neat as it was that Pikachu appeared as a Sega Pico and Ash and friends made some appearances, Pokemon do not count!

As always you have 24 hours!

That's all for today! See you tomorrow Sega Sports fans!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Are there even any options other than Smart Alex and Alice? I guess the Magic Crayons kids, but do they even have names?

Either way, I'll submit Smart Alice - I think it's cool when side characters get in over mascots/protags and it'd be nice to have a younger female character on the roster
74984DB5-51F6-4BEE-A182-291CBC97A540.jpeg

Job 40:
Smart Alex

Smart Alex is a character, who appeared in Sega Pico game. He is a boy, whose name implies that he is smart blonde boy. He likes to hang out with Alice sometimes.

He could use stuff from Sega Pico games as Super Star or Allstars moves. He could use magic crayons to create borders to prevent players from crossing over it.

I don't know about the series, so simply nuff said.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #40: Amy Rose

Amy.png

or maybe more appropriately:

Amy-Classic.png

Whilst Amy debuted in Sonic CD, one of her first playable roles was on the Sega Pico, in Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld.

She, alongside Sonic and Tails were the three playable characters that the player could choose from and then engage in a series of minigame. It's actually one of the few times Amy was playable in her classic form alongside the three racing appearances she made(Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2 and Sonic R) and Sonic the Fighters, making the Pico somewhat significant for her.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #40: The Color Miser (Magic Crayons)

1648318004575.png

Beware! The Color Miser is on the loose vacuuming up color wherever he goes.

So says the back of the box of the game Magic Crayons for the Pico. It's a coloring book game but with a fun twist as the narrative sees this little devil running around the pages and taking all of the color out of the world with his nefarious vacuum. It's up to you to re-color the world and defeat him with your, well, magic crayons. I just think he's funny. A vacuum-based fighter with the ability to possibly use and remove color for attacks somehow...hey, it could work!

For more information on Magic Crayons, check out this charmingly 10-year-old YouTube overview of it, as well as the Sega Retro page.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day over!

Job #39: Ryo vs. NiGHTS Stadiums

Results: it's a draw! I guess we're adding them both! That was easy!

Job #40: Pico Players
  • Smart Alice is here to solve maths equations and put piece cows together (this was a strange learning game) I guess! Will she be able to be the missing piece of our lineup puzzle? Submitted by her manager and the least gory butcher on the planet Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Smart Alex has arrived and he's sorting food items and making logical steps on the pitch to victory. He was somewhat of the Sega Pico mascot over here back in the day, but is that enough to net him a place in this job? Submitted by his manager and logical puzzle creator Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Ecco (Jr) has arrived and is making a splash! Despite being called 'jr' this is actually a young Ecco. His friends Tara the baby Orca and Kitnee the Atlantic dolphin are in the audience echoing his name. Submitted by his manager and dolphin trainer @Darkonedagger
  • Amy Rose has arrived and is ready to hammer out a few goals on the field. This rosy rascal wields both a mallet and Sonic hunting skills allowing her to keep up with the blue blur. Submitted by her manager and supplier of Mrs Claus' dresses, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • The Color Miser is here to suck the colour out of everything. Yes, I'm british, there's a u there. Whilst this may make it confusing which team everyone is on, at least no one can be sent off with a red card whilst he's around. Submitted by his manager, the monocramatic Flyboy Flyboy
There are your Pico Players! Please vote for your top 3, with your own vote no higher than third.

You have 24 hours to get your votes in!

--------------------

Job #41: Sponsorship time!

For this Sponsorship, please submit a sponsor from the Sega Saturn.

Remember that sponsors cannot become players, so only pick characters you don't mind losing. Please use the template in the OP a guide of how to submit sponsors and include descriptions of what your unique sponsor does!

You have 24 hours to get your sponsorships in!

---------------------------------

Job #42: Submit a moveset for Ebitan/Kiryu/Alicia/Blue Dragon/Wild Woody

Submit a moveset for any of our newly added newcomers!

This job will be open until April 1st.

That's all for today! Apologies for the delay and we'll see you next time Sega Sports Fans!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Amy
2. Color Miser
3. Ecco

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Character #09: Ebitan Type B-3

Media Nickname: The Murky Horror

Stats:
Speed: 4
Strength: 5
Defense: 5
Shooting: 6
Passing: 7
Skill: 3

Super-Star Move: Page of Bogs

Ebitan quickly walks in his distinct limp, jumps, and then dives into a puddle that forms under its feet. If the ball is close to him, he leaps under him with a big, sludgy splash, sending it to air along with himself. He flips in the air and then violently swipes to the ball… only to miss and hit it with his foot, the momentum nevertheless giving it enough power behind the shot.

All-Star Move: Putrefaction

Ebitan convulses and then opens his maw wider than its jaw seems to allow, hurling a large amount of green sludge. Aside from knocking anyone out of his way with the initial attack, this move creates a large puddle of bubbling, clouded, shallow pool some distance ahead. The pool is wide but can be dodged due to the telegraphed nature of this move. Aside from slowing down enemy team players, the puddle also grants Ebitan a much-needed speed boost while inside.

Star-Burst Move: Murky Ambush

Ebitan pulls out a wooden barrel full of something indistinct and disturbing, then jumps into it before closing the lid. The barrel then jumps in place and starts rolling unsteadily, jumping and splashing dirty liquid around before literally crashing into a stop. This Star-Burst Move is not particularly strong or speedy but its unpredictable trajectory makes it hard to intercept.

Goal-Star Move: Swarm

Ebitan rears his head back and lets out a horrid scream, calling his kin to help. Behind him, five other types of Ebitan appear. Type B-4, an Ebitan missing his lower half and wielding a jagged sword, Koebitan, a smaller version of him, Smoker, an Ebitan covered in purple sludge, a brown one and a pale green one. These other creatures are not very coordinated and may not stand against some stronger Super-Star moves but they make up for it with their sheer number.

Goal Victories:
  1. Ebitan pulls out a sword from somewhere in his ribs and waves it around victoriously, all the while yelling.
  2. Ebitan slowly walks towards the camera before pouncing over it, toppling the view over and clawing while it's on the ground.
  3. Ebitan, tired from the effort he exerted, climbs into his barrel, only occasionally looking around.
MVP:

After climbing out of a dark puddle, Ebitan shakily but rapidly walks straight ahead, with several similar and other types of creatures accompanying him. He then stops and roars, splashing green sludge around, and then smiles with a grotesque imitation of a grin.

Losing:
  1. Ebitan drags himself on the ground without his lower half, opens his mouth, and lifts his claw - only to fall back down with a wet sound.
  2. Ebitan sways on his feet and then drops like a puppet cut from its strings, holding his stomach.
  3. Ebitan lets out a sound that is suspiciously similar to a whine and hunches over, going back to his puddle.
Kit:

Ebitan only wears the tattered remains of a jersey, once black and red in color.

Attachments

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Smart Alex - He WAS kind of a mascot for the system after all.
2. Amy - Two Picos! I'm sold.
3. The Color Miser - I actually grew fond of this guy during my research.

Sponsorship ideas to come. Lots of potential ideas.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #41:
Goldman introduction.png

Sponsorship: DNA Bio Reactor (DBR) Corporation

Series: House of the Dead

Character:
Goldman

Description: People of the Sega Superstars World Cup, I am Goldman.

The DBR Corporation are the main antagonists of the original House of the Dead, and are incredibly important to its sequels as the company whose research causes a zombie outbreak. While no head of the company has ever been revealed, the closest we have is their financer, a businessman named Goldman*. As you can tell from the link up above he has quite an um, enigmatic presence, I suppose you could say, thanks to the voice acting.

When you activate this sponsorship, the arena TV will be taken over by Goldman. The camera pans to show Goldman, and his voice is heard over the crowd. He introduces himself in that same monotone from House of the Dead 2, and says "Here is a present for you. Look to the field."

Goldman laughs to himself as intense music plays. The enemy team will lose their speed and be replaced by a zombified model of themselves (and uh...in Ebitan's case, it would just turn him blue, I guess). Flashing at the bottom of the screen during this time it will say 'HOLD YOUR FIRE' on both the left and right sides of the screen, before being replaced by bullets and 1P and 2P on each side, mirroring the UI from the game. A red and blue crosshair would come on screen and start to aim for the players for thirty seconds.

*Who technically first appeared in 2, which was on the Dreamcast, although the corporation debuted in the original, which was on the Saturn. If you want me to swap them out to keep it all Saturn, I can rewrite this. He just felt like the best fit.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
DAY ENDS

Here are the results of Job #40:
  • Smart Alice: 1
  • Smart Alex: 9
  • Ecco (Jr): 13
  • Amy Rose: 20
  • Color Miser: 11
So our winner of the Pico round is the Pico Pico hammer weilder, Amy Rose.

-----------

I'm a little worried I'm throwing too many jobs at you at once so I may slow down to one major one a day instead.

Since we didn't get anything for this one until after the normal quitting time, let's pretend this was the first day you guys got this task, hmm? PuyoWitch PuyoWitch your one will count for this job!

Job #41: Sponsorship time!

For this Sponsorship, please submit a sponsor from the Sega Saturn.

Remember that sponsors cannot become players, so only pick characters you don't mind losing. Please use the template in the OP a guide of how to submit sponsors and include descriptions of what your unique sponsor does!

You have 24 hours to get your sponsorships in!

Oh, and movesets for the following characters are still on the table:
  • Ebitan
  • Kiryu
  • Alicia
  • Blue Dragon
  • Wild Woody
You have until April 1st to get those movesets in!

That's all for now, seeya later Sega Sports Fans!

Top Bottom