• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 4:
I personally think SSBU’s gameplay is really good, so I’ll just submit SSBU Gameplay as my submission. I think SSBU’s fast-paced gameplay would be better here than the extremely sluggish gameplay of Multiversus.

I also think Pop Culture Clash is a perfect name.

Last edited:
JOB 3:
The gameplay could be similar to SSB series and other Platform Fighter Games like NASB or PSABR.
Also, we could add Teamwork Mechanic from WB Multiversus to the game, so it could fit perfectly if we had unique 2v2 Fights.

Job 4:
The Name for Pop Culture Smash bros.
"OMNIVERSAL BATTLEGROUND OF POP CULTIRE LEGENDS!"

The name could fit into game, because it could be Battleground located in Nexus of Pop-Culture Worlds.

Question for AlRex.
Are Internet Meme characters allowed in Pop Culture Smash Bros. Game?
Because I could want to see Trollface or Doge as Playable Character.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Question for AlRex.
Are Internet Meme characters allowed in Pop Culture Smash Bros. Game?
Because I could want to see Trollface or Doge as Playable Character.
Something like that would be an Assist Trophy at the most. Web original comics, animation, video series, game series, etc. that have more content to them are fair game, though.

Here, also, are the polls for the gameplay styles and the title of the games!

AlRex

Smash Lord
I added Superman music to the OP. I may have perhaps gotten a bit goofy towards the end.
(youuuuuuuuuuuuu)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kermit music

1. The Muppet Show theme - The Muppet Show
  2. Muppets Tonight theme - Muppets Tonight
  3. Muppet Babies theme - Muppet Babies (1984)
  4. Can You Picture That? - The Muppet Movie
  5. Movin' Right Along - The Muppet Movie
  6. The Magic Store - The Muppet Movie
  7. Man or Muppet - The Muppets (2011)
  8. Life's A Happy Song - The Muppets (2011)
  9. Me Party - The Muppets (2011)
  10. We're Doing a Sequel - Muppets Most Wanted
  11. The Big House - Muppets Most Wanted
  12. I'll Get You What You Want - Muppets Most Wanted
  13. Happiness Hotel - The Great Muppet Caper
  14. Cabin Fever - Muppet Treasure Island
  15. The Rainbow Connection (Me First and the Gimme Gimmes) - Kermit's Swamp Years
  16. Boss - Spy Muppets: License to Croak
  17. Mah na Mah na - Sweden: Heaven and Hell
Mayro
  1. Princess Peach's Castle - Super Smash Bros. Melee
  2. Overworld - Super Mario Bros.
  3. Jump Up, Super Star! - Super Mario Odyssey
  4. Break Free, Lead the Way - Super Mario Odyssey
  5. New Super Mario Bros. - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  6. Peach's Palace Court - Mario Tennis Open
  7. Dire Dire Docks - Super Mario 64
  8. Rainbow Road 64 - Mario Kart 8
  9. Maple Treeway - Mario Kart Wii
  10. Gusty Garden Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
  11. March Ahead - Paper Mario
  12. Minigame Menu - New Super Mario Bros.
  13. Fever - Super Smash Bros. Melee
  14. Super Mario Land Medley - Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics
  15. Super Mario World Medley - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
  16. Overworld - Super Mario World
  17. Fortress Boss (Super Mario World) - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
  18. DK Rap - Donkey Kong 64
  19. Stickerbush Symphony - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  20. Gangplank Galleon - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  21. Ashley's Theme - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  22. Yoshi's Story - Super Smash Bros. 64
  23. Yoshi's Island - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How we feeling about Real people in the roster? I'm not saying we should add Obama or anything but what about cases like Tony hawk or the beetles where there are fictionalised versions of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlRex

Smash Lord
How we feeling about Real people in the roster? I'm not saying we should add Obama or anything but what about cases like Tony hawk or the beetles where there are fictionalised versions of them.
I had an idea for a loophole around the Beatles, but there might be grey areas. Wrestlers and certain musicians basically use personas, and there are weird, super-powered versions of Jackie Chan, Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, etc. But preferrably, we'd use someone who doesn't use their real name and has a totally different persona, like the Undertaker or Daft Punk, I suppose.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I think I'll close the poll for now. It was close, but it seems like our game name is Pop Culture Clash, and the gameplay style is my own. If you submit moves, you only really have to submit the Specials and the Supers.

I feel bad that I've kept getting picked, so I may sit this next one out.

Job #5: Submit a live-action movie character.
Any character originating from a live-action movie is allowed, though obviously at this point, we really have to go with really major, iconic ones or ones who are incredibly important in some way. You could submit primarily special effects characters (suits, puppets, CGI, etc.), but not fully animated movie characters like Shrek or the Genie (Aladdin), or adaptation characters like Iron Man or Gandalf for this round. Maybe characters originally from hybrid live-action/animation movies are eligible, like Roger Rabbit, but there are very few of those to choose from, relatively. Also make sure your character’s not originally from somewhere else for sure right now. James Bond, for example, is originally from a book series.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wanted to submit a Jurassic Park dinosaur for this round but that was a book first... damn.

Johnny (The Room)

The b-movie to end all b-movies, The Room's infamous references and in-jokes could make for rather good moves - such as spoons, flowers, vampire cars, and - Oh hi doggie - chicken dancing.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Michael Myers (Halloween)
D58AFE6E-E76A-4592-8086-328191ECEA5C.jpeg

Halloween is one of the most influential films of all time in the horror genre. The original film started the big 80’s slasher film boom, leading to other big horror film series (including Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street). Michael Myers is the embodiment of pure evil, with the shape of a human body. Michael is also one of Horror’s greatest monster/slasher icons. Michael Myers moveset could involve him using his butcher knife like a sword, along with a wide variety of other everyday items turned into murder melee weapons.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Live-Action Movie: Ghostface

Do you like scary movies?
One of the most iconic horror movie characters, Ghostface would be a very scary fighter. Ghostface is the main villain of the Scream franchise. Ghostface is actually a costume worn by killers, their intentions for murdering varying (Deceased loved ones, Peer pressure, Just want to kill someone, etc). Ghostface could fight using his knife, as well as other weapons from the series, such as shoving, shooting, even summoning another Ghostface!
A Ghostface moveset has actually been created for MYM!
Ghostface Moveset
Overall, Ghostface is extremely iconic and is very deserving of getting in.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Live-Action Movie: Ghostface

Do you like scary movies?
One of the most iconic horror movie characters, Ghostface would be a very scary fighter. Ghostface is the main villain of the Scream franchise. Ghostface is actually a costume worn by killers, their intentions for murdering varying (Deceased loved ones, Peer pressure, Just want to kill someone, etc). Ghostface could fight using his knife, as well as other weapons from the series, such as shoving, shooting, even summoning another Ghostface!
A Ghostface moveset has actually been created for MYM!
Ghostface Moveset
Overall, Ghostface is extremely iconic and is very deserving of getting in.
Made my Ghostface submission slightly longer, provided info for how Ghostface could play.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Added some music for Goku/Dragon Ball to the OP, as well as a few additions to the other track lists and a section for Assists if/when we ever get there. Feel free to suggest some more Dragon Ball music, my list is relatively short compared to the other track lists.

Job 5:
Terminator (Terminator)

Terminator is main Character of Terminator Movie series. He is robot disguised as Human to kill Mother of evil ruler. He was programmed by SkyNet and in series, he kills evil people.
Terminator (Notably T-800) is very Iconic Movie character that has many influences and references in other media.

His moveset would be Referencing Terminator like shooting with Guns or Killing or gimmick, where he gets 100% Damage and becomes Robot with super Armor.
He could be voiced by original Arnold Schwarzenegger in his Austrian accent.

Some Mario Profiles for you:
1. Mona
2. Ashley
3. Diddy Kong
4. King K. Rool
5. Kamek
6. Boom Boom
7. Pom-Pom
8. Pyoro (Yes, we need him!)
9. Cappy
10. King Bob-Omb

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I think for now, I’ll open up the movie list to voting. We’ll definitely have more opportunities for movie characters in the future. At least seven more!

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Johnny (The Room)
@Darkonedagger Darth Vader (Star Wars)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Michael Myers (Halloween)
Yiptap Yiptap Ghostface (Scream)
nirvanafan nirvanafan Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds The Terminator

My personal voting goes to:
1. Darth Vader
2. Johnny
3. The Terminator

Remember to only put your own in second or third.

D

Deleted member

1. Terminator
2. Vader
3. Myers

Last edited by a moderator:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Question: Are Obscure things allowed on this thread?
(I'm just Asking, because I imagined this game as Largest Platform Fighter game ever)
Obscurity is relative, it’s going to be pretty big. We could end up with some characters later on who are huge in a certain country but relatively unknown in other countries, for instance. But it will ultimately depend on you guys, the community. Not opposed to weird picks at all, this is going to be a weird fake game, anyways.

Obscurity is relative, it’s going to be pretty big. We could end up with some characters later on who are huge in a certain country but relatively unknown in other countries, for instance. But it will ultimately depend on you guys, the community. Not opposed to weird picks at all, this is going to be a weird fake game, anyways.
And if we had content of Real People, are they gonna appear only as Profiles or what?

AlRex

Smash Lord
And if we had content of Real People, are they gonna appear only as Profiles or what?
We're mostly straying away from real people, unless their persona is pretty obviously not what they are outside of performances (the Undertaker, Daft Punk, etc.). There are ways to get creative, though, possibly. I have an idea for the Beatles that may or may not show up later.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Johnny: 7
Darth Vader: 21
Michael Myers: 4
Ghostface: 7
Captain Jack Sparrow: 3
The Terminator: 12

I think I can safely call this one for Darth Vader, who will now be added to the roster! Congrats to @Darkonedagger !

I now also have added a bunch of Star Wars profiles. I get pretty interesting towards the end.

Now...
Job #6: Submit movesets for Superman and Goku.
Two often-compared icons of different countries’ comics, animation, and other media, this is why I bring them up first together as characters to make movesets for, plus they’ve been depicted in traditional fighters before, and are more seen as “regular” fighting characters, while still having years of material to draw upon for potential creativity and specific mechanics, if you’re so inclined. You just have to submit Specials and Supers, but you can bring up their overall playstyles and other moves, as well.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Superman is always floating slightly above the ground when walking or dashing, and he does have temporary bursts of flight he can do when airborne, but, although he’s one of the most powerful well-known characters out there, we don’t want to make him broken. He pulls his punches a lot, anyways. So, for the overall play style, I think he has great mobility, can get people out from long range, and generally acts to get the foe off the stage quickly, but isn’t necessarily looking to devastate them, unless you feel you have to and you build it up.

Neutral Special: Heat Vision. It’s a long, thin, concentrated laser beam that can be slowly angled while in use. This can rack up multiple hits of damage, and slightly stuns after use, but can only be used while standing still, and while it can be used to set up for another attack, it will also leave Superman open to some damage himself. If you hold it down and charge it up, you can release a massive burst of heat vision, like ROB, which deals even heavier damage and a good amount of knockback, but you’ll have a slight cool down period afterwards. Don’t worry too much about leaving yourself open, Superman is strong and pretty hard to get rid of.

Up Special: Guided Flight and Glide.
Superman will fly upwards in any direction you tilt the control stick. After which, he’ll have a descent in the air, floating somewhat slowly downwards. What’s interesting about this, however, is that you can connect this to aerial attacks, leading to aerial combos rather than the descent.

B Forward: Super Breath
Superman lets out a big gust of wind from his mouth, which pushes foes, and even items away, much like the Gust Bellows item in Smash. However, if you charge this, you can turn it into ice breath, which will freeze a foe in place, as well as dealing a bit of damage.

B Down: Whirlwind.
Superman flies around in circles for a bit before sending out a small scale tornado, which can draw in foes, projectiles, or even items, and send them spinning, then flying outwards as the tornado dissipates.

Shield Special: The S Shield.
This is pretty great. In Superman II, Superman just randomly throws a cellophane shield that can temporarily trap foes. Now, Superman is bulletproof, and pretty-much-everything-that-isn’t-Kryptonite-or-a-red-sun-or-magic-proof, but we can’t have him be immune to everything in this game, but he does have a tool to defend and capture from projectiles. While he can throw the S shield temporarily capture foes, setting them up for a follow-up, Superman can also throw this to stop an oncoming projectile. However, while this is out, you can’t toss out another one until it has faded away.

Supers
Level 1 is the X-Ray Combo. Superman briefly scans a foe with his X-Ray Vision, then comes at them with a flurry of punches and kicks that attack their pressure points/weak points that he found.

Level 2 is the Infinite Mass Punch. Basically Superman is shown lifting off from the stage, then flying quickly around the world, before he comes back into the stage and flies into a foe, dealing heavy damage and knockback to a foe, pretty much guaranteed to KO at high percentages.

Level 3 is Superman Prime. Superman flies up into space and dips in the sun for a brief period of time, then comes back down to Earth glowing and golden. For a brief period of time, Superman’s attacks will be even faster, stronger, and charged up with extra energy behind them. Heat Vision and Super Breath will always be super-charged, though in this case, his breath will be fiery. His Whirlwinds will be larger and stronger, and his Guided Flight will be longer. Eventually this will wear off and Superman will be back to normal.

Now we have a Goku one...
Goku is a fast, strong fighter with an emphasis on long range and aerial combat, much like Superman. He’ll float when he walks, and his dash will involve him Instant Transmissioning a certain distance, which can go into a follow-up attack. Goku mostly attacks with punches and kicks, though for certain moves, he does short range ki attacks, and even brings back the Power Pole from his youth, hitting people with a magic, extending staff.

Goku in this game basically acts as a composite/averaging out of all his various forms and techniques from over the years, using them for a varied moveset with many different utilities. The main drawback to Goku is that for most of his attacks to be their most powerful, it requires charging up, which can leave him open to further attacks. Luckily, Goku can get around and dodge quickly.

Neutral Special: Kamehameha Wave
Pretty much acts exactly as it does in Smash Bros. Crusade, if you’ve played that game.

Up Special: Aerial Instant Transmission
Goku warps forward a short distance, this time tilted to go upward in the air. Goku can immediately follow this with an attack, especially if he ends up near another foe.

Forward Special: Dragon Flash Fist
Goku charges forward with a mighty punch, energy swelling around him. Also effective for further aerial momentum.

Down Special: Explosive Wave
Goku lets out a wave of energy from his body that surrounds him in a dome-like shape that harms foes nearby, as well as destroying incoming projectiles.

Shield-Special: Kaio-Ken Charge
Goku charges up energy, with ki swelling around him. This has to do with a meter that he has on his HUD. It does charge over time while fighting, but you can also have Goku stand there and charge it up, though it will leave him open. This pretty much works how it does in Smash Bros. Crusade, and it will affect his Specials and other attacks similarly, giving them extra damage, and range where applicable.

Supers
Level 1: Meteor Smash

Basically taken from Dragon Ball FighterZ. Goku teleports behind a foe, then elbow strikes them, high kicks them upward, then knocks them back to the ground with a double axe-handle, then finishes off with a downwards Kamehameha.

Level 2: Spirit Bomb
Goku asks for the world to lend him energy as he raises his hands above his head and charges up a massive ball of said energy. Goku leaps up into the air, then tosses this massive energy ball down, heavily damaging anyone caught in the blast.

Level 3: Gogeta/Stardust Breaker & Fall
Vegeta jumps out and fuses with Goku, then we have Gogeta, who will begin his attack with a few blue ki blasts, which, if they connect, will be followed up with a charged up ball of rainbow energy, then finish off with Gogeta leaping up into the air and firing down a giant ki blast made up of multiple smaller ki blasts, barraging the stage with multiple hits.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll keep the moveset ideas job open for a bit, but per a suggestion, I'll do it as more of a collaborative thing later on. For now, you can take a look at the movesets that I did right now and suggest any differences you might want w/them. But also, I'll be opening a different job, as well.

Job #7: Submit a single-player game mode idea.
Should we have a Classic Mode in the style of Smash? An Arcade Mode like other fighters? Maybe you have some interesting mini-game ideas? Whatever the case, submit something, as long as it's not as involved as something like Subspace Emissary or World of Light.

My submission will be Ladder Mode. Several fights, with a few mini-games in between rounds like classic Smash, Street Fighter II, or Mortal Kombat, and then a final boss battle at the end. Like Mortal Kombat, though, it will be longer the harder the difficulty is, and it's possible that the very hardest difficulties could add extra bosses. Who those bosses are and what those mini-games are would be for a later job, though.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I was gonna submit a goku moveset but I think the one you already submitted pretty much covers everything I wanted to do with the moveset.

Anyways for Job #7 I also like the ladder mode idea and so I don’t think I’ll really submit anything else again lol.

Oh and also, I think you accidentally put the star wars profiles in the music section

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I was gonna submit a goku moveset but I think the one you already submitted pretty much covers everything I wanted to do with the moveset.

Anyways for Job #7 I also like the ladder mode idea and so I don’t think I’ll really submit anything else again lol.

Oh and also, I think you accidentally put the star wars profiles in the music section
Oh oops, I'll fix the Star Wars goof real quick. Also will probably just select my Superman and Goku movesets for now. I'll have the poll up for single-player modes up soon, as well.

Top Bottom