• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I figured that "must be on a PlayStation console" went without saying; it would be weird to have a game called PlayStation All Stars where one of the characters has never actually been on a PlayStation console. (also, DmC: Devil May Cry had already been announced for PlayStation 3 at the time, and I'm not sure if that's the best example to cite in general given the reaction that its inclusion was met with) Unless a PS5 port is announced in the next twelve hours, I'd suggest nominating a different character.
Fair enough

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Radec got even more votes overnight, winding up with 50% of the total votes, so he'll be included.

For the 36th character, this will be another case where pretty much anything goes - no Nintendo, Microsoft, or non-video-game franchises, obviously, but I figure it's best not to restrict people in this case. (sticking with a theme seems like it would work better when there's the option for two characters rather than just one)

I'll save my nomination for later; I felt bad last time because it seemed like I took the character that quite a few people wanted to nominate before anyone else got the chance, so I'll wait and see if the character that I have in mind gets nominated or not.
The last character

Joel - Last of Us

Really, if this game is going to be a true All Star game then you can't leave out Last of Us. That just makes 0 sense. Not sure the apt comparison to Smash but no LoU would just feel wrong and missing

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The last character

Joel - Last of Us

Really, if this game is going to be a true All Star game then you can't leave out Last of Us. That just makes 0 sense. Not sure the apt comparison to Smash but no LoU would just feel wrong and missing
I think the best comparison would be no Splatoon in Ultimate.

Needless to say, this has my vote.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last character

Enter the Pomeranian

Hailing from the game, Tokyo Jungle, this feisty furball is poised to strike; fangs barred and cost shimmering. The lowest on the food chain in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo, the Pomeranian would use whatever skills it may have to defeat any foes that stands in its path. Sure, we could add Joel, or Rayman, or Eizo, or someone else iconic but...just imagine how crazy the reception would be if we hyped the newcomer trailer only to show this furball. It would go down in history.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Last character

Enter the Pomeranian

Hailing from the game, Tokyo Jungle, this feisty furball is poised to strike; fangs barred and cost shimmering. The lowest on the food chain in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo, the Pomeranian would use whatever skills it may have to defeat any foes that stands in its path. Sure, we could add Joel, or Rayman, or Eizo, or someone else iconic but...just imagine how crazy the reception would be if we hyped the newcomer trailer only to show this furball. It would go down in history.
MMMMM Me, Like This Idea

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Last character

Ellie - The Last Of Us

The main character of The Whole Franchise and an important character in sony's history.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I might as well say my feelings about Joel and Elli being nominated before they get into the list since this seems serious.

First of all, i don't think Joel or Elli should be competing for one slot. I honestly feel they would work together as a tag team to help represent their series better. while the sequel does make Elli the main protagonist with Joel left out of the photo, The controversy's surrounding the game is too much to handle for some people to deal with when looking at The Last of Us in a crossover with playstation's other franchises.

Joel & Elli would be very deserving for a playstation all-stars sequel, but i feel separating them and making them individual fighters might not be a good idea.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I might as well say my feelings about Joel and Elli being nominated before they get into the list since this seems serious.

First of all, i don't think Joel or Elli should be competing for one slot. I honestly feel they would work together as a tag team to help represent their series better. while the sequel does make Elli the main protagonist with Joel left out of the photo, The controversy's surrounding the game is too much to handle for some people to deal with when looking at The Last of Us in a crossover with playstation's other franchises.

Joel & Elli would be very deserving for a playstation all-stars sequel, but i feel separating them and making them individual fighters might not be a good idea.
TLOU2 got a lot of criticism but I don't think Ellie as a protagonist on her own was a particularly unpopular decision.

Two popular picks dividing the votes for The Last of Us is an understandable concern, though. Maybe we can just vote for a "character from that series" for now and then decide who will it be later if they are chosen? It's a franchise popular enough to justify some kind of exception.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I always envisioned Joel & Ellie working as one character, so I'd have no problem fusing them into one or voting for a general TLoU rep category and defining who later (if Megadoomer would allow for something like that).

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
TLOU2 got a lot of criticism but I don't think Ellie as a protagonist on her own was a particularly unpopular decision.

Two popular picks dividing the votes for The Last of Us is an understandable concern, though. Maybe we can just vote for a "character from that series" for now and then decide who will it be later if they are chosen? It's a franchise popular enough to justify some kind of exception.
That seems like the best way to go about it about it. It would also allow for more variation in the vote itself not having TLOU take up 2 potential options.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I always envisioned Joel & Ellie working as one character, so I'd have no problem fusing them into one or voting for a general TLoU rep category and defining who later (if Megadoomer would allow for something like that).
I'm fine with that; looking back on the horror game vote, I was worried that having Joel and Ellie as separate entries split the vote between them. (People generally wanted one or the other, though a few people had both of them on their list, but both did decently well)

-The Sinner (Freedom Wars) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-The Survivor (Dead By Daylight) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Wolf (Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice) (@VGamer01)
-Kulche (LocoRoco) ( osby osby )
-Rayman (Rayman) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Filbo Fiddlepie (Bugsnax) ( Yokta Yokta )
-a character from the Last of Us (we'd decide later if it's Joel, Ellie, or the two of them working as one character) ( Jomosensual Jomosensual and cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-The Pomeranian ( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom )

The same rules as the previous wild card vote still apply. (list your top three; the option with the most votes gets in; you can put your own nomination in second or third)

While we're only adding one character, we're still going to do a ranked vote since I prefer that over the polls (that way, people don't have to just pick one character), and because we've got plenty of options to pick from

My vote:

1. Rayman
2. a character from the Last of Us
3. Kulche

---

We're also going to have another round of stage nominations, since we're nearing the end of that list. (there are only three spots left - I'm thinking to have two stages picked now and save the third for when the roster is finalized)

I'll submit my nomination later - I was thinking about a mash-up between Nier Automata and Tokyo Jungle, but I'm not sure if they're too similar to each other in terms of appearance. (seeing as both are set in decaying, post-apocalyptic cities)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My Votes go to
1. The Sinner(I agree with the idea of it being a very obscure character to go by)
2. Filbo(Think Bugsnax is in for a character already)
3. The Pomeranian(Would be a cute and funny edition)

Honorable Mentions: The Survivor and Kulche

For My Nomination for a Stage, I'm re-nominating my persona/gex stage now that Yu's in the game.
Note: I got this idea from the playstation fanon wiki with some extra touches to it.

1618583794009.png

The TV World(Persona X Gex)

The stage opens with an old screen of a TV suddenly a swirling square vortex shows up in front of it sucking the camera into the TV, the scene now shows a lobby to an area called the midnight channel displaying a couple of TV's stacked together from different sides, lights hanged from above shinning towards the stage, and a symbol plastered on the bottom of the lobby(i don't play persona 4 despite having the game so i apologize for my lack of knowledge here). There are even stage cameos from some enemies that appear in the shadow world and Teddie appears to watch the fight to cheer for any of the opponents, he attacks any of the enemies who pop up in the background.

1618583155345.png

After a while Teddie starts to feel a big presence approaching when all of a sudden the yellow background is replaced with a moving wall of TV's and the existing sets on the stage starts to display static, the lights hanging from above are replaced by two static portals which one of them fires missiles at teddie knocking him off the stage. Rez, the antagonist from Gex appears from the portal he shoot teddie from lands into the middle of the stage. the midnight channel's symbol is replaced with an open ring pod for Rez to grow into boss size. Rez spends his time watching the fighters fight while sometimes firing missiles and swiping his claw from the different sizes at any opponents. The TV Screens on the stage display Rez in front of the static screen, sometimes he shows up on one of the background screens. the TV's in the background display all the channels from Enter the Gecko such as Scream, Circuit Central, Pre-Historic Channel, Rezopolis, and More this also includes the shadow world's of Narukami's Friends such as Naoto, Yukiko, and Rise.

After a while Teddie finds his way back onto the stage and fights Rez, taking his time away from the fighters on stage. Teddie ultimately beats Rez and knocks him down to the ground. The TV screens in the background stops moving and are now displaying some static , blue screens, or color bars with a couple of screens cracked up while on the stage Teddie celebrates his victory.

If the stage's hazards are turned off it only shows the TV World without any enemies or teddie and for the Gex half the TV background's show up.
Edit: Pursuing Your True Self and Rez's Theme are the tracks that play during the stage's mashup.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Character votes:
  1. The Sinner (A God Eater style character sounds pretty fun.)
  2. Kulche (you know why)
  3. The Pomerian (we can't call this a true All-Stars game if this little fella is not in)
As for the stage nominations, I propose we bring back Invasion:

1621000841918.png

Neither Radec nor Spike has a home stage currently and I think it would make sense if we bring it back.

If we have to submit new stages, I'll edit this to an original idea.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Stage Idea: Amusement Park (Nier Automata/MediEvil)

The stage starts out at the amusement park from Nier Automata, featuring robots in the background that throw confetti and dance, along with a tank that's been modified to shoot out confetti. The robots don't hurt you, and in the background, you can see the roller coaster moving around the track. After a minute or two, graves and medieval architecture rise from the forest on the outskirts as the sky darkens and a bit of fog rolls in, and zombies from MediEvil wander into the amusement park. They're slow and lumbering, but they still manage to push the robots over since they're not fighting back. The Pumpkin King sprouts out of the ground in the background, resting on the building behind the statue. (also, you can see some zombies getting on the roller coaster)

Unfortunately for the zombies, their actions manage to awaken the Amusement Park Rabbit statue, and since that's a level 80 enemy in the original game, it beats them and the Pumpkin King in short order. The few surviving robots go back to their routine as though nothing happened, with the Amusement Park Rabbit joining in.

The stage doesn't have many hazards, since all of this is happening in the background. Maybe when the Amusement Park Rabbit beats the Pumpkin King, the giant pumpkin head flies off and lands in the foreground, where it can act as a platform or barrier. (or deal damage when it initially lands)

EDIT: When the MediEvil elements come in, the music changes to George the Pumpkin, the theme of the Pumpkin King boss fight.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Stage Idea: Amusement Park (Nier Automata/MediEvil)

The stage starts out at the amusement park from Nier Automata, featuring robots in the background that throw confetti and dance, along with a tank that's been modified to shoot out confetti. The robots don't hurt you, and in the background, you can see the roller coaster moving around the track. After a minute or two, graves and medieval architecture rise from the forest on the outskirts as the sky darkens and a bit of fog rolls in, and zombies from MediEvil wander into the amusement park. They're slow and lumbering, but they still manage to push the robots over since they're not fighting back. The Pumpkin King sprouts out of the ground in the background, resting on the building behind the statue. (also, you can see some zombies getting on the roller coaster)

Unfortunately for the zombies, their actions manage to awaken the Amusement Park Rabbit statue, and since that's a level 80 enemy in the original game, it beats them and the Pumpkin King in short order. The few surviving robots go back to their routine as though nothing happened, with the Amusement Park Rabbit joining in.

The stage doesn't have many hazards, since all of this is happening in the background. Maybe when the Amusement Park Rabbit beats the Pumpkin King, the giant pumpkin head flies off and lands in the foreground, where it can act as a platform or barrier. (or deal damage when it initially lands)
What would be the second song for the MediEvil mashup? i feel we might have to list which songs should be used for the stage's mashups.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What would be the second song for the MediEvil mashup? i feel we might have to list which songs should be used for the stage's mashups.
I don't know much about MediEvil's music, but I'll find one and edit it in.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Temen-ni-gru (Devil May Cry x Fortnite)

this is a Tower from Devil May Cry, the stage would be comparable to Kalos Pokemon league in it's layout only much larger and the appearance would be taken from the top of the tower (See Picture). In the background you can see the Devil May Cry Van with Nero, Lucia, V and Nico standing around it battle the many Demons like Sin Scissors and Empusa in the background.

After a While, The Battle Bus from Fortnite will crash down onto the stage, damaging those hit by it, The battle bus then releases a handful of Characters from Fortnite onto the stage like Jonesy, Ramirexz, Fishstick, Peely and Tomatohead where they help battle the Demons Husks from Fortnite Save The World also appear in the background. The Fortnite characters eventually get back onto the battle bus once the Husks are destroyed in the background and fly away.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. The Last of Us - I've said it before, there's no timeline where there's a new PSAS and there isn't a fighter from the Last of Us
2. The Sinner - I fell in love with this idea, I'll vote for this any time it's submitted (#SinnerforDLC)
3. Pomeranian - I've been wanting to nominate a Tokyo Jungle character but I thought nobody would care, glad to have been proven wrong

Honorable mention to Kulche

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
1. Filbo
2. The last of us character
3. Pomeranian

For the stage I nominate: The prison (Escape plan/Flower)

Again, I wanted to try to give a chance to a smaller Playstation games. Escape plan is a puzzle platformer and was a launch game for the ps vita. It later released on the ps4 too. The game was unique because it's in black and white. The stage wouldn't be based on a specific location, but there would be many traps from the games like electric floor, big hammer, conveyer belt etc.

220px-Escape-plan-screenshot.jpg 1486591331-2002201617.jpg

After some time, the stage will start to get more colourful as Flower will blow on the ground. There will be sometimes a bit of wind, which will push the players a little bit on a direction. This is a stage where the second representation is more visual than really a big hazard, because the stage itself already have a lots of traps and I didn't want to add another layers of hazards to that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Stage: Ribbon (Vib-Ribbon/Buzz!)

I hope you like scrolling stages!

The stage would initially look like a regular game of Vib-Ribbon, with Vibri skating on a line and dodging the various obstacles that come her way. The stage would be wider and Vibri would be moved to the right, so that players have ample time to see the obstacles coming and react. Like in the original game the obstacles correspond to the music so that is also a good indicator of what's coming. The four types of obstacles from Vib-Ribbon are all here: pits and blocks function how you'd expect them to, simply affecting the stage geography and requiring little more than a jump to dodge; then there are the waves, which to the players act as spikes, dealing moderate damage and knockback; finally, the loops, which in a fashion similar to Sonic require the player run at a certain speed to pass it (alternatively they can be jumped over but they'd be scaled to be pretty big to discourage that). So basically fighters are playing a game of Vib-Ribbon as they fight.

And then Buzz shows up.

We see Buzz render in as a disembodied talking head in the background, think Max Headroom but made of vector lines only. After a funny quip about showing up, he announces his newest game show, The Ribbon Trial. Vibri peaces out, wanting nothing to do with this, and Buzz takes control. The obstacles start showing up at random moments, sometimes with Buzz calling them out, but generally speaking the frequency and length increases (so you can end up with lots of blocks in a row, or a stretched out wave). After a while Buzz outright starts introducing new kinds of obstacles, like flying enemies, switching the scrolling to the left and vertical platforming sections. In keeping with Buzz's trivia tradition, these new elements would take the form of cameos from the fighters' series, with Buzz commenting on it (for example, if Jak and Daxter are in the fight, the flying enemy would be fashioned after a Puffer, if 2B is in play it could take the form of a Small Flyer instead, etc)

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Stage nomination:
The Island
(The Witness/Hohokum)

images (12).jpeg

The Witness is a game about exploring a beautiful island, solving line puzzles to unlock new areas. Solving these puzzles can be difficult in and of themselves, but sometimes finding the puzzles in the first place can be hard too.
The Island in All-Stars is a moving stage that travels through the island's various areas. It stops at certain landmarks to solve a puzzle in the environment, and the line it draws forms walls and platforms. Fighters can attack the line to manipulate where it goes and how fast it moves. Once the puzzle is solved, the line disappears and the stage starts moving again.
This repeats a couple of times for different areas of the island until, upon solving a certain puzzle, the bulbous end of the line turns into an eye.

images (11).jpeg

The background transitions to a comic-like cutscene in the style of Hohokum showing how the serpent came to hide in this island. The specific serpent is chosen at random from those in the original game. Upon returning to the island, the stage transitions to moving around the island non-stop. The many serpents of Hohokum come streaming out of various circular portals, carrying various characters and props on their long tails. We see the serpents attempting the island's multitude of puzzles while the denizens of Hohokum explore its many pathways and architecture.
Occasionally a few serpents will fly alongside the stage, acting as benign platforms, although they will likely be carrying something on their tails that could prove helpful or hazardous to the fighters, such as a delicious apple, delicate pottery or a damaging laser.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer Are stages from unrepresented third-party franchises allowed?
Considering that this is for fun, I'm willing to have some leeway with it. It would probably be weird if we had a Metal Gear or Final Fantasy stage with no characters from those series (that would be like if Smash Bros. got a Banjo-Kazooie-themed stage but no playable Banjo-Kazooie), but smaller franchises or studios seem fine (we've got Bugsnax as an item and Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite as an assist, so while I was stricter early on in the thread's life-span, people seem fine with the idea).

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Considering that this is for fun, I'm willing to have some leeway with it. It would probably be weird if we had a Metal Gear or Final Fantasy franchise with no characters from those series (that would be like if Smash Bros. got a Banjo-Kazooie-themed stage but no playable Banjo-Kazooie), but smaller franchises or studios seem fine (we've got Bugsnax as an item and Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite as an assist).
Alright, good to know!

I'll leave my stage as-is because I ended up liking how Buzz was implemented, but had I known beforehand his role might have been taken by Sans. That would have been... different.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. A last of us character
2. Wolf
3. Sora

I'm going to renomination one of my older suggestion for a stage.

GPU Jungle:
View attachment 311582
This stage is based off of Astro Playroom. I imagine this stage having:
-walls on the side with triggers edging off of it
-flower stems, when hit, grows to a full flower stalk, with disk as stems
-Giant Fans that pop out to blow those infront of it away
-Various enemy types that marches on the background along with various bots in the background as well
-And of course The Giant Monitor on its own mountain singing the stages song in the background of the stage
Now the main Crossover Gimmick will be from... invizimals!!!
View attachment 311583
These guys are like Sony's answer to Pokemon back in the psp games, that eventually evolved to being in all sorts of media.
Its kinda hard to find particular types online, but I imagine that various invizimals will appear in the background, either playing or hunting down the bots, or just watching the fight. Some will attack the players using various elemental moves.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Stage Nomination:
Kirameki Private High School
1621025139922.png

(Tokimeki Memorial/Persona)
Tokimeki Memorial is the high-school, time management dating game where you are trying to get with the girl you want to be with. Tokimeki while might be obscure to use Western Folk, is commonly considered one of the major titles in the dating sim genre and all the games are extremely nonlinear. All I think you need to know for now, is at the time it was extremely impressive and good, and the series is owned by Konami (who we're already in touch with thanks to Pyramid Head).

Kirameki Private High will have a layout similar the first part of the Garreg Mach Monastery stage (Smash Ultimate). With this being one of the only images I found of the school outside, this is all I have. The stage will feature students moving around the school and a day/night cycle. The time changing indicated by a moving sun in the back ground... But then, when it strikes 12:00 AM

The entire school is surrounded by a green light, the school in the back turns into Tartarus in a non-conical way. Shadows appear in the background while being slain by S.E.E.S. members (if we get a second Persona rep who happens to be a Persona 3 S.E.E.S. member, they just won't appear in the background). Now the stage is more chaotic, fighters must evade shadows (mainly Cowardly Maya's and other low-level monsters) and try not to get hit in the cross-fire while still battling themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom