• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nintendo villain: King Hippo

A character popular and unique enough to justify including without his respective protagonist (IMO), King Hippo's goofy nature makes him fit right into Mario Kart. Of course, when you're in a kart it's a lot harder to expose your weak spot!

Would I be allowed to submit Wizpig as my Mario villain or would that have to wait until 3rd party voting?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 95:
1637945050141.png

Fawful
Never let the AlphaDream die in our hearts, friends...

1637945155289.png

Porky Minch:
He's one of the most irredeemably evil villains Nintendo has ever created, being responsible for so much atrocities that he deserves no peace, not from loneliness, not from contentment, not even from death.

That being said, let's put this little brat in Mario Kart!

Job 95:
Mario villain:
BOOM BOOM

Boom Boom is one of Mario Villains in Mario Universe. He is Bowser's helper and he has a sister called Pom-Pom. He is one of medium-known Villain character that could fit in Mario Kart SGP.
His Special item could be, where he spins and knocks the opponents away.

Nintendo villain:
Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)

"Sorry Link, but you're getting replaced by Ganondorf"

Ganondorf is Main Antagonist of Legend of Zelda series. He is evil wizard, who tries to steal Triforce to rule over the Hyrule. He is one of Nintendo's Iconic villain due to fact that he Appeared in Smash Bros games and it gave him huge popularity among Gaming Fans. He could even be replacement for Link if Link won't join the Roster again.

His Special Item could be Beast Ganon, where he turns into Beast and charges at Go-Karts and gives him Speed Boost.

Why Boom Boom and Ganondorf as Villains for Mario Kart SGP?
I picked Boom Boom, because he is one of Villains from Mario Universe and he has potential for his Popularity since his debut in SMB3 on NES. He even could be in Mario Kart due to being Known Mario character, who is Bowser's helper and he appears as Mid-boss of Mario games like Super Mario 3D World.

2. I picked Ganondorf as Nintendo Villain Rep, because he is one of most Iconic Nintendo Villains next to Bowser, which he is number 1. Ganondorf is also one of most popular Villains in Gaming History, since he is also insanely popular in Super Smash Bros, where he is playable character and everyone likes Ganondorf. I also picked him as Replacement if Link won't join the Roster in DLC period of Game.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #95:

Mario Villain: Whomp King
59884352-1FBB-4044-A8D3-4949F86DDAAA.png

Whomp King is what the name implies, the king of the whomps. I submitted the Whomp King, because it would be interesting to imagine a big character like him being shrunk down to fit in a kart.

Nintendo Villain: King Dedede
E6A42157-63AD-4FE9-A26C-834F2004E739.png

If King Dedede is seen more as a hero than a villain, I will change my submission.

I chose King Dedede, because the Kirby series would fit really well into Mario Kart. If any Nintendo villain (Non-Mario related) would purposely want to be in Mario Kart and cut in line over their rival, it would probably be King Dedede (depending on either his mood or mind control).

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Dedede
2. Hippo

Honestly Dedede without Kirby makes a lot of sense given the proportions (and I just think Kirby has a dull design), Porky is a cringe as hell suggestion - though I appreciate the honesty about that on Goliso's part, Ganondorf doesn't really make sense to me since we don't already have Link who has nothing holding him back IMO, but I'd rather him than Porky at least. Hippo was my suggestion so I can't speak for him without bias, though I do think he's a more reasonable pick than Mac either way.

1. Whomp King
2. Wizpig

Boom Boom feels long overdue, but also on the exact same note a little predictable (kinda like Koopa Troopa who we've also yet to add). Whomp King is a genius submission, a character who should've had his first playable role years ago! I've never been the biggest Fawful fan but I do understand why people find him so endearing. Wizpig is my own submission so again, I can't speak for him without bias, but I've been trying to have as much DKR spirit in here as possible and Wizpig makes sense as the main antagonist.

Last edited:
Job 96:
Waddle Dee Strike

When activated, DDD summons Waddle Dees and his hammer and throws Dees in air and launches at opponents with hammer swing, which it stuns them for while if they got by Dee.

Basically it works like in Baseball, where you throw ball in air and knock it away with you bat, but in this version, Dedede knocks them with his Hammer.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 96:
Dedede Hammer:
Dedede will take out his signature hammer and use it as a makeshift rocket booster for his car, pushing him full speed ahead. Anybody he makes contact with will have him smash his hammer into the opponent, sending them flying off the track with the force of a Civil War cannon. Hit somebody with it, though, and the item prematurely ends.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Job 96: Gordo

Dedede lays down a Gordo in his wake (or throws one ahead if you hold forward when you use the item). It grows to a bob-omb explosion size shortly after it latches into the ground. Unlike a Bob-omb the Gordo sticks around a lap or so before disappearing.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Whomp King Will be added

Job 97

Submit a special item for Whomp King

The Dedede special item will stay open for a bit longer

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Apologies for the lack of updates yesterday

Job 96 Voting

Whomp slam wins by default

Job 98

Submit a track for King dedede

Job 99

Submit a Retro track that can be tied to a villain.

Job 98:
Green Greens Circuit

It's based on Green Greens on Planet Popstar in Kirby Series.
The layout of Track resembles Star, which is actual shape of Planet Popstar and you Starr at upper point of Star according to map and you go in Clock Direction.

After Start, you go straight through Green Greens plains by racetrack and the Waddle Dees are crossing the Track (When you drive into them by Accident, they stun your Kart) and later
you turn left left and you go to Forest, where Whispy blows you off the Track by occasion.

Next, you turn Right and drift on Wall and you escape the woods and you go by Gliding to Halberd's door and you go through Battleship Halberd with multiple roads.

After you go through Halberd, you escape it by using Anti-Gravity tracks in Clouds and the part is like Rainbow Road, where you can easily fall off the Track.

Next Part is small Gliding portion to Castle Dedede and you go by window and you go though small hall of it with Crossing Waddle Dees and you come out of the Exit and you go down from hill and you go to Lake with underwater Track portion by turning right.

After being underwater, you go out on Shore and you go through mechanized part filled with Robobots who try to attack you and gimmicky roads made out of steel and you go again on Green Greens plain and you see Finish Line with Kirby Design.

In overall Track, the gimmick is that the Blocks are placed randomly, who serve as blockade that prevents racers to go further. They can be destroyed by Items like Koopa Shells or Special items.
The track loops 3 times and "Green Greens Medley" plays during race,
There are references to Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's return to Dreamland, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby Super Star (Ultra) and Kirby Star Alies.

(This track is not confusing at all, it's about Green Greens and it's points of interests like Halberd, Whispy Forest and Castle Dedede)

Job 99:
Neo Bowser City (3DS)

Remains same, but more anti gravity tracks.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 98:
1638475729934.png

Castle Dedede:
The track starts at the foot of the mountain and continues for the rest of the lap inside the castle. As you go through the castle, you drive up stairway ramps, through giant gates and hop from tower to tower as gliding sessions. After going through a rampage in the castle, you are launched out of the castle through a personal Warp Star that flies you to the side onto a path leading back to the starting line. Repeat this three times to win. Along the way, you'll see Waddle Dees, Gordos, Bronto Burts, Waddle Doos and various members of the Meta Knights, but let's not forget that Dedede himself will be watching the show if he's not racing himself.

Job 99:
1638475796170.png

Wario Shipyard

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Retro submission: Bowser's Castle Wii
Job 98:
Green Greens Circuit

It's based on Green Greens on Planet Popstar in Kirby Series.
The layout of Track resembles Star, which is actual shape of Planet Popstar and you Starr at upper point of Star according to map and you go in Clock Direction.

After Start, you go straight through Green Greens plains by racetrack and the Waddle Dees are crossing the Track (When you drive into them by Accident, they stun your Kart) and later
you turn left left and you go to Forest, where Whispy blows you off the Track by occasion.

Next, you turn Right and drift on Wall and you escape the woods and you go by Gliding to Halberd's door and you go through Battleship Halberd with multiple roads.

After you go through Halberd, you escape it by using Anti-Gravity tracks in Clouds and the part is like Rainbow Road, where you can easily fall off the Track.

Next Part is small Gliding portion to Castle Dedede and you go by window and you go though small hall of it with Crossing Waddle Dees and you come out of the Exit and you go down from hill and you go to Lake with underwater Track portion by turning right.

After being underwater, you go out on Shore and you go through mechanized part filled with Robobots who try to attack you and gimmicky roads made out of steel and you go again on Green Greens plain and you see Finish Line with Kirby Design.

In overall Track, the gimmick is that the Blocks are placed randomly, who serve as blockade that prevents racers to go further. They can be destroyed by Items like Koopa Shells or Special items.
The track loops 3 times and "Green Greens Medley" plays during race,
There are references to Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's return to Dreamland, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby Super Star (Ultra) and Kirby Star Alies.

(This track is not confusing at all, it's about Green Greens and it's points of interests like Halberd, Whispy Forest and Castle Dedede)

Job 99:
Neo Bowser City (3DS)

Remains same, but more anti gravity tracks.
Job 98:
View attachment 339395
Castle Dedede:
The track starts at the foot of the mountain and continues for the rest of the lap inside the castle. As you go through the castle, you drive up stairway ramps, through giant gates and hop from tower to tower as gliding sessions. After going through a rampage in the castle, you are launched out of the castle through a personal Warp Star that flies you to the side onto a path leading back to the starting line. Repeat this three times to win. Along the way, you'll see Waddle Dees, Gordos, Bronto Burts, Waddle Doos and various members of the Meta Knights, but let's not forget that Dedede himself will be watching the show if he's not racing himself.

Job 99:
View attachment 339396
Wario Shipyard
Retro Track
Bowser's Castle Wii
Neo Bowser City
Wario Shipyard

DDD Track
Green Greens Circuit
Castle Dedede

Vote for your 1 favorite in each category, You cannot vote for your own

Last edited:
Retro Track:
Bowser's Castle Wii (Doesn't mind to see another Bowser's Castle)

DDD Track:
Castle Dedede (JUST WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?! My Track was better than Castle Dedede, but the rules can say that you can't vote for your own, so I need to sacrifice on this Castle Track, but overall, both ideas are good and spicy)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Castle Dedede

Wario's Galleon

Dream Tyre (Wheels)
Wheelie (Wheels)
Wheelie Bike (single-wheeled, eye is not part of it)

Speed: 5/5
Acceleration: 5/5
Handling: 1/5
Robobot Carmour (doesn't have arms or legs)

Speed: 2/5
Acceleration: 3/5
Handling: 5/5
0258D17F-A2D8-4F00-ADF6-76E64E245CEE.jpeg
Prodigy Painting (Glider)
Regal Wheel (Wheels)
Milky Way Nightmare (Glider, just the wings)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
All 3 tracks will be added

MOVING ON

Job 99

Submit a new track based on a villain already present in the game

Job 100!

Submit a 3rd party Villain.

D

Deleted member

Sephiroth

The one winged angel has come to race!

This version of the iconic JRPG boss would be represented in the blocky style of the original FF7, helping him fit in more with the wacky world of Mario Kart. Final Fantasy is an iconic series that has crossed over with Mario farily often. Also i just think it would be very funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 99:
Bob-Omb Battlefield:
Think this, but more upscaled and with some extra tweaks to make it transition easier. Also, the cannon portion atop the mountain is tweaked to be a glider segment. Furthermore, during the panning shot of the track, all the racers will fall from the sky, similar to how Mario falls from the sky when entering a level.

Job 100:
1638834827115.png

Dr. Eggman:
Dude's a popular villain. He's a popular Smash request that got even more popular after Sephiroth got released. But most importantly, he's been known for riding vehicles for most of his appearances.

JOB 100:
M. Bison (Street Fighter)

M. Bison is main Villain of Street Fighter series. He is leader of Shadaloo and he killed Ryu's Master. He acts as Final boss of every SF game on Thailand Stage.
If he was in Mario Kart SGP, he won't look extremely out of Place, but he could be Capcom rep for Mario Kart, especially when he is not Iconic as Ryu, but he is most Iconic Capcom villain.

His Special item could be very hard to pick, but I have an Idea, where he summons Evil Ryu on his Kart and he could shoot Hadoukens at Opponents, which they stun them.

I nominate M. Bison, because he is a Villain Rep and he could possibly fit into game, since we never had a Fighting Game character in Racing Game (Not counting Characters in Smash series, since Smash is not a real fighting game, but Street Fighter indeed).

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #100: Tails Doll
3CFF51B4-649B-40E4-A0C5-1D7C204A0C37.jpeg

In Sonic R, Dr. Robotnik created the Tails Doll to race and attack Sonic to steal the Chaos Emeralds. After Sonic R, the Tails Doll gained a ton of popularity with the creepypasta community, spawning many classic internet stories to scare unsuspecting internet users. The main reason why I picked the Tails Doll was because of the potential for countless memes. The Tails Doll could just sit still in it’s kart and just levitate items to use.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I am going to repeal my Wizpig submission to instead submit

Bad Piggies

It's hard to find a third party villain you can justify including in Mario Kart without their respective protag, but these nasty oinkers have a background in vehicle construction and equal popularity to their protags to back themselves up! While people could feel cheated by Eggman getting in before Sonic (for example), the Bad Piggies are enough of a show stealer to please without thoughts of a bird flying in. I am not sure whether this character would be a single pig or multiple pigs, but if the prior there could be size variations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom